Complaints & Reviews

fees associated with monthly rentals... fine print

***your monthly fee can be increased with or without notice

***there is a one time default fee of $150 if your account is 31 days past due

***company requests 15 days notice to vacate but as long as you have vacated and notified the office by the close of business the last day of the month it is acceptable to vacate

***this information was provided to me by the corporate office on 9/28/2017***

Charged for Entire Month Although Unit is Vacant

I rented a storage unit at the EZ Storage in Woodbridge, VA for a deployment to Afghanistan in October 2014...

Charged for an entire month although storage unit is vacated

I had been renting an EZ Storage unit in Woodbridge VA, since Oct 2014 when I deployed to Afghanistan, I...

Rip-Off

They never provided the discounts as promised. Auctioned my unit after I made them aware of new payment date for an amount more then what was due. They did pass my information on the person who they auctioned my unit to, who sold my property back to me. They then allowed me 4 additional days to move my items. The issue is that they then posted that amount as collections on my credit report after they were paid already!!!

• La
    ladyeveline Nov 10, 2011

If you paid your bill on time you wouldn't have gotten auctioned. Did you ever think of that? I am so sick of reading about complaints from people who don't pay their bills and then expect a business to store your crap for FREE! Stop being a deadbeat and pay your bills. It's nobody's fault but your own.

• Yo
    yolandaaa Oct 07, 2019

@ladyeveline WOW..Nasty person ladyeveline have some compassion. I lost my full-time job and lucky I had family to help me. You really don't have to be rude. One day you will go throw something in your life.

Auto termination of contract because I had not put anything in unit

I paid for a rental unit since August that I was unable to use because of health reasons. The payment on the...

Unethical

Had first month free, asked employee when do I pay for the following month. Was told that I will be getting a bill in the mail for september. I waited all throughout september for the bill nothing in the mail. Recieved a bill October 4th stating that I owe month of September and october plus a 50 penalty fee for not paying Sept month on time. Called Ezstorage to complain that I never recieved a bill for September they laughed at me and told me that they dont send bill's out. Told the manager I was told by his employee I would recieve a bill that's what I was waiting for. Told me that I was lieing and his employee would never say that.My girlfriend heard him say that as well.I felt like I was scamed out of 50. I paid the fee because I dont want my credit to be effected but am no longer doing business with them.

• Mi
    Mike Oct 07, 2008

• Sh
    shawn Mar 31, 2009

this company follows maryland state guidelines as a tool for company gains, they charge extremely high default in order to escalate your bill for maximum profit and then auction your belongings to satisfy moneys owed to turn over units that have not paid rents as quickly as possible.beware of this company and its pratices.

NoVaCust Jan 03, 2016

I have a unit with this company at their Woodbridge, VA location. I became unemployed and had to store my belongings as well as give up my apartment. At one point I was in default due to having exactly not one penny to my name. I was though about to receive a settlement check from an arbitration and called and asked for just one day in order to pay what I owed them. This was one day after the scheduled auction. The manager at the facility indicated that they would not extend me one day...even after explaining the situation. I asked for a number for someone higher in authority. He indicated that he would forward my request but that the answer would be the same. I spoke to someone who if I recall indicated they were a regional manager and was told the same thing. When I asked to have the name of someone higher, was told that there was no one else to speak with. Fortunately, I received some unexpected funds. I paid them. But I tell you, I can't wait to remove my articles from this company's storage and when I do, I'll probably go to jail for the words I have for them. And trust me...that auction was NOT going to take place. Beware this company!!!