Extended StayHotels / HVM L.L.C.robbed after they gave unauthorized access to our room

I was to stay at this hotel for SXSW Interactive conference for over a week. My first full day in town, the hotel made someone ( I have still not been told who), keys to my room and I was robbed of pretty much everything except my clothing and toiletries.

When I informed the hotel they said sorry, told me to call the cops, and then closed the front desk less than 30 minutes later without telling me. I was left at 1am on Saturday morning with no secure place to stay, missed the conference that I had paid to attend, and ended up not only losing my stuff but being out of additional costs of traveling around the area while figuring out what to do with my now ruined trip and finally finding another hotel that was considerably more expensive.

The hotel basically pushed me off on their insurance and has still offered no explanation as to why and how this was allowed to happen. I would not stay here unless you want your room burglarized.

• Po
    polt Jul 17, 2011

Yeah the one in CHicago has that problem. I stayed in one of those and they opened the door without my permission. AND it wasn't room service.!!!

• Ba
    baxie404 Mar 21, 2011

You can watch a video about this horrible experience here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGnS9nQKtcE