Menu
Exploding Kittens® Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Exploding Kittens®
reviews & complaints

www.explodingkittens.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.8 36 Reviews

Exploding Kittens® Complaints Summary

7 Resolved
10 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Exploding Kittens®, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Exploding Kittens® has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Exploding Kittens®. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Exploding Kittens® reviews & complaints

N

Exploding Kittens® This is my favourite game

When I first heard of Exploding Kittens way back before, I thought it was an amazing tabletop game, so there I backed them in Kickstarter. Soon enough, when the package arrived... The first thing I did was show it to my bestfriend. We played it almost every moment and with that said. I enjoyed it. I even bought the NSFW version. I love playing this game, and I love spending time with my bestfriend. This card game made me closer to her, and I will always remember those moments.

Anyways. I was really shocked and surprised when they were announcing a mobile game for this tabletop game. This is my favourite card game of all, and I play a lot of card games but this one is just downright savage.

The performance of the game itself is outstanding. I didn't receive and bugs or lags. Online game with strangers was fun.

For the tabletop gamers out there. It'll be really weird at first since some of the rules from the card game won't be here. ( making pairs to steal a card from someone etc. )

The cards are great. Sound effects make the game into a whole new level.

Lots of laughs and fun.

This is a great game. Would recommend to all.

I rate it a 9/10 because my bestfriend doesn't have it yet. Hope she gets it because I would love to play with her again.

Anyways. You should get this if you have spare time to play something. Or you're waiting for something and you don't know what to do.

Good game. Made my life to the better.

- Mordecai

C

Exploding Kittens® Was good.update messed it up

So I've been playing this game since it was a card game. Don't get me wrong. I love both versions, but this mobile one is a bit annoying.
Since the update the exploding kitten placing function has messed up. If you place the kitten "on the bottom" the game puts it on top. Annoying af since it's hard to remember this happens and quite frankly it shouldn't be happening.
Secondly, everything costs $2 (minus the characters, although some do too). Now I'm rounding up since tax is always added. So the 1.99 is really $2 + some change. This game makes money not only off of each expansion pack bought physically, but also digitally. Money is cool Ik I need it for bills. But seriously? I already paid for the game, now I have to play for each expansion pack too? At the same price it costs to play the basic game? Dude...
Then there's the issue of variety. The expansion packs both are cool to play with but after a while it gets boring. I don't care much for the characters noises added to the game, that's stupid and annoying in itself. I'd rather have move card options or the ability to mix the card packs so I can play with both not just one.
In conclusion: After about 1 correct play of the game you'll be addicted. You'll play 100 more times, realize it's kinda missing something, get agitated about the kitten placing glitch? Be more aggravated that everyone makes stupid character noises after every two seconds, then realize you probably wasted your money on a game with no variety. Just saying.

V

Exploding Kittens® New Update 2021

So a new update! Amazing, right? Well, yes and no. I knew there would be a new deck, I haven’t bought it yet, it looks strange to play, but I’m a bit more peculiar of a player as I keep track of my ratio and play games out methodically and with grand experience. I won’t cover that. The reason I’ve always looked forward to an update is to fix the glitches. Games are bound to have glitches, but the game was left for over a year so they are pretty ancient glitches. The most annoying of which, is when I have tons of cards and a streaking kitten in my hand, and when I draw an exploding kitten, it completely rearranges my cards. I can’t play speedy in finale 1v1s or other situations often because I’m trying to fix my 15+ cards to be an arranged arsenal. Playing with the right speed and communication is part of the tact needed to achieve the victory. I don’t know if other glitches still exist, I could name a few, but they don’t pop out daily for me so I did not find them in testing. Also, the public lobbies are dead right now because of people not expecting or knowing the update. This needs to be better advertised. As somebody that plays exploding kittens daily, I want to start creating content for this game. It would be nice if the updates continue, and the game is given the glory it’s capable of holding. Streaking kittens has a complex dynamic that I’ve mastered due to it being possible. It takes both skill and luck, and luck isn’t so bad. Just look at poker, it’s the most popular card game in the world.

Hide full review

Is Exploding Kittens® legit?

Our verdict: Exploding Kittens® has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Exploding Kittens®'s position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Exploding Kittens® can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Exploding Kittens® earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Exploding Kittens® achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Exploding Kittens® has received 10 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Explodingkittens.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Exploding Kittens® website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Explodingkittens.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Exploding Kittens®, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for Exploding Kittens® have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Exploding Kittens® website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Explodingkittens.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

Explodingkittens.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Exploding Kittens®.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Exploding Kittens® protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
Z

Exploding Kittens® Not QUITE deceptive… but still useless

So I get it… having gone back and read the description on the main page it says play it face to face. That being said they should update this to read “ONLY FUNCTIONAL as a face-to-face game.” Even then there would be confusion however, and not only because of the listing.

Once you start the game, you have 3 options. “Tutorial" lets you see basic instructions, though it mentions nothing about the face-to-face requirement. “Create a Game” and “Join a Game” both seem like they allow you to use them, in fact joining a game says you are “searching for games” and has a searching apply style “loading” icon. Unfortunately there are no notes telling you that you have to be face to face on a private network. It mentions to turn on wifi and bluetooth, but if you don’t make that connection you could sit there wondering why it is taking so long for hours.

Ultimately… this might have some functionality for some people although it seems like an extremely poor concept considering you could just use the card game. For now I have no real use for it and wasted my money, but at least it wasn’t too expensive. Did they lie? Not really, and I debated whether a 1 star review was really justified. Then I noticed how many people were complaining about no one playing, and realizing that they still hadn’t figured out the functionality issues. On top of that I can’t think of any other rating that I should give when I wouldn’t recommend the app to anyone and am probably better off deleting the app from my phone never having played a game.

V

Exploding Kittens® More but (much) less

This could be a 5 star game! But it's not, yet. It has more features than the original card game but with less pleasure. I have a few big problems here. I love the original game...it is a blast to play:) I bought the app version in a heartbeat. I really wish I hadn't.
In-app purchases are great sometimes and it's a good thing that they are free right now but no NSFW deck option is pretty disappointing. The party pack is kinda fun except wait, the explanation of how the new cards work is kind of weak and leaves something to be desired.
I figured everyone would have to buy their own version but iPad even though it says it is, is not included. I put it on my iPad mini and it looks horrible (because at this point, it's only an iPhone/touch game). If I didn't already know how the game works then I would be at a loss for what some of the cards say (it's that distorted) and if that's on a mini I would hate to see what it looks like on a full size iPad. The game play works smoothly enough but if I'm going to be playing this with friends and they can only play it on an iPhone...or if they don't have an iPhone then I'm out of luck and I just wasted my money.
The real card game is so much fun to play and I hope the creators can bring the same awesome experience to the mobile version. I'm just sad to see it get off to such a poor and crippled start. Unless this game gets updated or every friend that you hope to play this with has an iPhone ...(I truly hate to say this, but) steer clear people.

I would love to change my review. Fix it or please give me my money back!

B

Exploding Kittens® It's in the description people

This game is great! I love the sounds, animations and the overall experience. I do not own the physical card game, but I will very soon.

I don't understand why people are giving this game a bad review for something that is clearly stated in the description. Local multiplayer only (same room) not online multiplayer, yet.

Some say why wouldn't I just get out the physical card game if we all have to be in the same room? Well to that I say this is perfect to play with family or friends while traveling, in waiting rooms or even waiting for your food at a restaurant.

I do think the tutorial lacks a bit and could be added to slightly. Which cards can you continue to play on, which cards end your turn and when are you required to draw, to name a few.

I also see in the description iPods with 8.0 and up are supported, but both of my daughters own a 5th gen iPod touch w/iOS 9 and every time the game crashes and closes completely as soon as they connect to a game. It even happens when they are the host, crashes right after hitting start game. Please work on this!

I don't mind spending $2 on a game, but I hope the free add on content remains free for good. Four cards and a few more avatars seem like they should be included from the start for good and not just for a limited time.

I know this is version 1.0 and is great so far. I can't wait to see what future updates will bring. Hopefully fixing the iPod issue and adding online multiplayer and notifications to start. Adding the NSFW deck and Apple Watch integration would be awesome to see also.

Keep up the great work and thanks for this fun game.

M

Exploding Kittens® Play

This is a epic game by epic games Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yamada Yama

L

Exploding Kittens® A new kind of fun! But disconnects happen much too often

Very original, and fun game. Plays out very quickly too for those short on time, or don't like long gameplay. Should have an option to continue to play with current group, instead of having to start all over again. I purchased both expansions, but did find them to be over priced. Expansion should be half price of the current $1.99, since it is only a few cards added, and not a complete deck.

The major problem with this game are the frequent disconnects. It happens way too often, and is very frustrating! About 90% of the games I play, someone disconnects. Fix that, and the game will have earned 5 stars for sure!

Still, if you can tolerate the frequent disconnects, you will like is game.

Update number 1:
Every game now, someone disconnects. EVERY SINGLE GAME! At first, it was close to about 90% of the time that someone disconnected. Now, though, it's 100% of the time. As fun as this game is, it will be deleted from my collection if it can't be made to simply function as it should! I would not recommend buying this game now. You will only be frustrated and angry at the constant disconnects that disrupt the game.

Update number 2:
There should be some sort of ranking system. Punish those that purposely drop out because they are getting slammed. Once we lose, let us view the cards of the remaining players. This would probably keep the group together longer. Have an option for continued group play, or new group. Disconnects are still a problem with this game. When the frequent disconnect problem is fixed, this will be (easily) a 5 star game.

Update number 3:
Disconnects are still killing this game.

W

Exploding Kittens® Great, could be better

Game is fun if you’re good. Buy it, if you think you’re smart.

Ways to improve:
1) The most needed thing is a way to play with friends and online. I understand that it could encourage people to team up and “cheat”, so this mode needs to be a separate mode from the normal solo-online mode. So is it cheating if you know your team is probably playing against against another team too? And is it cheating if solo players realize they have the chance to put the beat down on 4 people that have teamed up against them? The app should tell everyone who joined the session together.

1) Online play (“play with strangers”) needs a leaderboard and kill/death ratios. Because who doesn’t like showing off?

2) Single player option to choose number of opponents. Playing one on one with the computer gives the player only a single strategy to win. It takes more complicated strategies to win against 2 opponents, and even crazier skill against the normal 4 opponents that online play gives.

Things reviews complain about that aren’t true:
1) I have never experienced a single player game that cheated. Top review says he placed the only exploding kitten on the bottom of 3 cards and drew it next turn. Nope. Doesn’t happen.

2) The “toxic players” comments, and the “lame player reporting”. Grow up. People can’t say anything other than the preprogrammed words the devs give you. At most you have to put up with a person spamming sounds for 2 minutes, and it has no effect on your game. Just mute your phone. If anything, it makes your game easier because they make themselves a bigger target than you, and incentivizes being polite for those people that want to win often. Letting other people make a-holes of themselves in order to be targeted is an important part of what makes this game great

S

Exploding Kittens® Great game overall, should be some more added

This is awesome overall, especially for a card game made into an app. They took out a few mechanics from the original card game and replaced them with new ones that fit almost seamlessly.

I haven't had any connection issues with it at all and it is so simple that anyone could learn to play it. All of the sound effects and artwork work very well also.

Speaking of artwork however, I feel like some should be added; there is only one shuffle card, "Clean the litter box," and there are multiple other ones in the actual game, same goes for a few other cards as well.

I think there should be an option to turn certain cards off in case you might want to, or even an extremely SFW option where all "questionable" artwork/cards would be replaced(i.e Cat diarrhea, nothing but cat butt, etc.) in case you're playing with a younger or extremely sensitive crowd of people.

There should also be an iPad app for this! This seems so obvious, and I know it might take a little bit of work, but it would make the game so much more accessible and more like a tabletop game. Please work on that if you can!

Also, you can play with as many people as you want with the real game as long as you have enough decks, so why can't we play with, I would say maybe, 10 people on the app? I feel like it would be a very easy thing to do; just double up the cards from a 5 player game and boom, 10 players. Please add this feature!

Overall, as I said before, great game! I found myself and my friends enjoying every time we played and the games never lasted too long and could be set up so easily because we didn't have to set up and prepare the whole game. Just adding those few new additions I mentioned to the game could make it so much better and make even more people encouraged to buy and play it!

If you're thinking about grabbing this for some quick, fun on the go, definitely get it!

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® Fun game and just like the original!

This is probably one of my first reviews for an app. Im sharing this because my friends and family love this game and it can be better so I hope the devs will read this and consider this as it improves. Note, I’m sharing these thoughts with other successful apps in mind.

Before I go into the details, if you’ve played this game before (whether from the start during Kickstarter or purchased at a store), you’re reading this now to determine whether to purchase. Hands down, you should get it. It’s exactly like the original game and it’s super fun to play with ransoms or friends/family. If you have not played this before, it’s super simple and the tutorial is very helpful for those first timers. You essentially want to be the last person standing and not explode.

Now for the devs, please consider these items below as this game improves and gets more popular:

1. Get rid of the codes and let people add friends/family or even randoms as we play. The code process takes too much time when we can just send invites directly in the game.

2. I see the core deck is used with any of the other decks. Instead, can you allow us to include any/all purchased expansion sets with the core? And of course, only folks that have purchased will be able to use the decks but let players have more cards from different expansions and not just limited to one expansion pack.

3. If you throw in the ability to steal a random card, let the initiator choose without seeing the card. This is how the original was instead of letting the player choose.

4. Make more players as an option in the future with different expansion packs. Especially when the core pack is 5 players but the expansion is only 4 players...why?

Essentially, this game needs to continue to evolve and allow players to choose the different styles and it will continue to flourish. Thank you devs for creating this for us! We love it!

K

Exploding Kittens® Horrible

I’m not saying this about the game itself. In fact, the actual card game is AMAZING! The cards are creative, funny, and the gameplay is unique in almost every aspect. But this mobile version is a piece of crap. I was so excited to get this game because I love Exploding Kittens and have played it with family and friends several items. However, I was so disappointed to discover this game is just dog poop and isn’t worth anything. They should make it free and try to improve it with the money they make off the card game, so they can grow the community of Exploding Kittens players tenfold. It would be awesome if this could be like some of those games, for example Scrabble, that have actually managed to build an online community where there is always someone to play (as I’m 90% sure the “strangers” I played were bots). This game doesn’t even have a real tutorial. It just shows you some pictures and gives you a few sentences of instructions, and leaves you completely on your own! As a seasoned iOS gamer, I’ve come to expect intuitive tutorials that involve you actually doing things in the game, and in most cases (correction: basically all games I’ve played have half-decent tutorials), I have. But oversimplifying the card instructions and adding pretty pictures that take up most of the space really DOESN’T help me relearn the game, or even get around this made for mobile version. Also, in order to get all of the special, app-only cards, you have to spend real life money. Since there are only two decks for $1.99 each, I’d rather you just increase the price of the app than charge us again for even more stuff that is heavily advertised as part of the game. This game and the concept of turning it into a mobile online community sounds fantastic, and I’m sure it could be, but for now I’m just going to stick with a one star review. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND JUST BUY THE CARD GAME! Take my advice, even though it’s only $1.99. I’m getting a refund.

S

Exploding Kittens® I have some ideas

I love the game but there could be a minor improvements to make it better,

1.For example could let you watch games ONLY after you play them but, you can see everyone's cards in the replay.

2.Make it so you can change the color of your name you can also make some like a rainbow one or glitter for your name as a in-game purchase.

3.Mabye you could add chatting but just with emotes like Clash Royale just to lighten it up a bit.

4.Not last but not least music for the home screen, Personaly I don't like how the main screen is silent except for when you tap

5.To punish the wimps you could make it so you have to wait longer to get into a game if you leave a game like in League Of Legends

6.Make it so you can change you avatar and name in the main menu because I personally find it annoying that I can't get enough time to change my charactor before a online game starts

7.Another way to stop people from running when their forced to give up their defuse cards make it so if they leave while in the middle of a take then you get any one of their cards but of coarse just make it random

8.Mabye single payer mode in case you want to practice or if your offline.
These are just my personal opinions but I love the game and can't wait for new packs a avatars to come out

9.Make it so players can have the feature of turning off sounds and( if you add it) music

10.And finally at last friends. You could make it so everyone gets a certain code as their like buddy code or something... And that buddy code you can tell your friends over texting or something and they can send a friend request that they can accept and you can invite eachother to private games that way you won't have to type in a code every time you want to join a private game

I didn't come up with all of this so I'm just gona throw some credit into the other reviews. On the other hand I love this game and can't wait for future card packs and avatars.Hope this review helps to improve the game or just gives some thought.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® Possible cheating?

I absolutely adore this game, and play it quite frequently. But there are some questionable moments playing this game that are most baffling.

Let’s say person A employs a kitten roll call. Person B (right after them) employs a “Shuffle” and proceeds to draw a card from the top. I am person C, and seeing as how there was not a kitten on top I proceed to pick up a card, only to be met with an exploding kitten and a message stating it was placed by person A. My question is that if the cards were not actually shuffled due to the card still being placed by the person that did roll call, how did person B draw from the top immediately after a roll call without blowing up since he only used a fake shuffle.

Additionally, and this could very well be premonition, I have noticed a trend of people randomly avoiding picking up a card without possibly knowing what it could be. To elaborate person A employs a self slap x3 and proceeds to pick up two cards, he did not see the future or anything of that nature, but on the third card they immediately employ a slap and the person who gets slapped picks up a card to find out it was indeed an exploding kitten. This is just one of many examples of people very randomly avoiding the top card as if knowing without seeing the future that it is a kitten. And I’m not talking about someone placing the card in a specific place but a truly random spot in the deck.

Lastly, there have been a few instances where it is me and one person left, I pick up an exploding kitten and place it on the bottom. The other person skips their turn and when I go to pick up the top card knowing it is safe, I pick up an exploding kitten. There is more than one card in the deck, and no other cards were played that would move the kitten from the bottom, so it blows my mind that I would pick it up from the top. This has happened two or three times now and it’s starting to get a little annoying.

Other than that maybe just a progression system in game and it would be perfect.

T

Exploding Kittens® Launched this too early

Why do I say it launched too early?

No online multiplayer.
No computer AI to play against.

Look, if I'm going to play this game with people here, I'm going to use the physical cards. Sure, the animations and sound effects might be neat to use, the convenience of not having to clean up is great in the iOS version, and even the fact that we could play it whenever we want if we all have the app is good.

However, not all my friends have iOS. We aren't always in a place or time we CAN play the iOS version either. When we are in a time or place we can or want to play, it's usually because we are at home where we HAVE THE ACTUAL GAME. So why not use the physical cards?

Online play is difficult, I understand, and it takes a lot of upkeep. It takes time to work and make it good without bugs. But it is crucial for a game like this to have. I mean, you can't even really play this game unless others around you buy it! There's not even a computer opponent so that you could play some! There SHOULD be THAT at the very least! An option to choose up to 5 or 6 computer opponents or whatever.

I wonder if the developers are regretting their decision to release this early? It's an amazing game with a lot of support, but boy did they screw up this mobile launch. :( I feel for them. Honestly I do. This game could have been so much more.

This game would totally work online just like similar iOS games like Fluxx, Apple to Apples, or Food Fight. I wish they had waited to release then when they had the online multiplayer built in. As it is, I think the game will end up getting low reviews due to this missing factor. That is unfortunate because it IS a fun game.

Please, developers, add it in right away. You've got my money. I paid for it. Bought it in an instant without even reading the description. Without realizing there was no online factor. It's ok. Not your fault. I don't regret it because it will hopefully support you towards adding in the most natural component needed to make this a five star successful app.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® 5 Stars if they add a few things!

Love the card game and am enjoying the app. BUT, it would be perfect if they would implement some, or all, of the following:

1.) continuous play - when a match ends (with strangers), it should allow the players to start another match automatically in the same group! If some players have disconnected, just add new ones. This would be awesome for REVENGE matches! And it would give us the ability to make new friends. There are definitely players that I can tell I enjoy playing/interacting with more than others!
2.) Match Play - give the players a "match play" option (I.e. Best of 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.), and keep track of who has won each match - this kind of goes along with bullet point 2a, BUT this would allow for a bit more competition. Plus players wouldn't disconnect after loosing just one match! Also, this is TRULY how the game is played in the real world. No one ever plays just ONE game! LastLy, AGAIN, people want revenge! ;)
2a.) Tournaments - maybe have a tournament option once a week/month/year where players can register in advance, and then have multiple matches going until you have a final match of each of the other match winners. Just for bragging rights!
2b.) maybe give trophies for achievements?
3.) Type chat - instead of just the pre-written messages.
4.) Ranking system - not necessary, but it would be fun to track your win/loss ratio. And make it so others can see it. Because... Intimidation?
5.) Friends list - give players the ability to do a friend request either during the game, after the game, or whenever, so that they can play together again if they want to! 5a.)Make a friends list that shows who are online, or not. Allow the ability to do game invites of friends that are online! This would create a community of strangers which would be fun!
6.) Voice chat (if possible, but a stretch) - would be MUCH more entertaining to make fun of each other! Maybe even allow a voice effects filter to alter the sound of your voice? You would probably have to require the user to be on wifi to use this feature, but it would be entertaining. I know this one is a long shot, but it would be fun!

Overall I enjoy the game ALOT! I gave it a lower rating in hopes that it will get noticed by the developer. If they implement even SOME of these things, it would make the game WAY more fun IMHO! But it is definitely entertaining as-is!

U
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® New deck, more tensity!

Okay, version 3.0! My only complaint is that you STILL haven't cut the 'religion' from the "Science vs Religion" character pack. How am I supposed to show this to my friends and family?!

But enough with that. Let's just move on to what's new - the Betrayal Expansion Deck. Three words: I love it.

The new deck consists of four new cards: Self slap, Alter the Future, Kitten Roll Call, and a FAKE Shuffle. I'll explain.

The self slap is.. SELF-explanatory (see what I.. never mind). It acts the same way as the Slap card, except it directs to your own self. It's useful for not only grabbing extra turns to get that card you want in the deck, but playing the Self Slap and THEN the normal slap will cause problems for your opponents.

Alter the Future is an.. um.. altered version of See the Future. (Get it..? Sorry two bad puns.) You can see the top 2, 3, or 5 cards on the deck but you can also REARRANGE the cards you are looking at! Found a kitten on top? Screw the player right after you and make it the second next!

Oh man, don't even get me started on Kitten Roll Call. It takes all the kittens in the deck and... Brings them up straight on the deck. It is not fun when someone uses it on you, but the interesting thing with this card is that on a normal card game, you'd have to check the whole deck for kittens so you can put them on top, and by then (depending on your memory) you would already know what the cards are in the deck. So, while very frustrating it makes a very good use for the iOS app. Well done, The Oatmeal.

And finally, the Fake Shuffle. What this does is randomize the card you are about to draw, but leave ALL the others untouched. No one will suspect a thing, because when played, it is displayed as a REAL Shuffle card. At this point you no longer know who to trust when they shuffle. This card is better for strategizing, and again isn't something you could typically do in a normal card game. Makes an even better use for the iOS app! Double well done, The Oatmeal!

So that's why I love the new Betrayal Deck so much. It really makes the game super tense, even more than the Party Pack did! Also it is just hilariously unfair.

I'm having a tiny bit of some disconnecting issues, but that's probably from my terrible Wi-Fi because cellular worked.

Overall, your grade is a B. The new pack gave a new way of playing this kitten-infused game of Russian Roulette. But I'm deducting one star for the failure of sorting out the Science vs Religion pack.

I hope you're reading this. I'm now waiting for the next update! What will it be like then?

Device: iPhone 5s, in great condition.
iOS: 9.3.2

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® This is AWESOME!

Ok so basically in this game you play with 4 other people. You each take turns drawing from a card pile and try not to draw one of the four exploding cat cards. Only one person will be left unharmed (by the exploding cats) at the end and you wanna be them. There are stragetic cards in your deck which can do things like:
-skip your turn
-give extra turns to another player
-steal cards from another player
-peek at a few cards in the pile
-change the order of the top cards
-get extra turns
-move all of the exploding cat cards to the top
-fake another card
-shuffle
-draw from the bottom
-defuse the exploding cat
-and more!

For those of you wondering whether or not to get it: Here are pros and cons!
(Btw I'm addicted to this game!)
-Cool cards! (And cute ones too)
-Funny stuff! (The whole game is meant to make you laugh.)
-You can customize yourself (avatars, names, etc)
-Actually a pretty strategic game: not really easy, it makes you think and plan!
-Hours of epic gameplay (literally I LOVE this game!)
-connect with friends or play online!
(You can play with friends or play with new people!)
-"chatting" (You can say things like 'good game' or 'oh no!' With selected pre set chat buttons. But nobody can go on and cuss or anything!)

(And yes I know I sound like an advertiser but it's an awesome game so)

-Too addicting (I need time to play other games too guys! Lol)
-SORT OF gross cards? I mean in my opinion it adds comedic effect! But there are some people out there who just, don't appreciate the beauty and hilarity of a "Cat diarrhea" card or a picture of a cat barfing rainbows on a legendary card. Ya' know, overprotective moms, or innocent kids, and older people, might think it is innapropriate (sigh) but most people in this modern time period will understand (hopefully)
-well... I mean... you have to pay for some cooler avatars (you get 6 basic avatars to start, and have to pay for the different themes. With a $0.99 purchase you get about 4 more but really you don't need the avatars they just look cool) and better card decks (you get one starters card deck to start, you can pay for better starting cards) But that's all really. I mean you don't have to pay for stuff in order to play you just have to pay for cool extra stuff if you want it - like a bunny avatar and shark avatar aren't free but you can always be the normal avatars (colors) none of them get you any buffs or anything they just look cooler.
Thanks for taking the time to read this (if you did) and again thanks creators of this app for making such a funny and epic game. It makes my day to see somebody (including myself) get exploded by the exploding cat card.

D

Exploding Kittens® DEVELOPERS PLEASE

Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. lease make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. lease make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make internet play. Please make Internet play. Please make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play. lease make Internet play.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exploding Kittens® No Internet Play. No AI

Update: Having finally rigged it up to play, this app crashes constantly. We've tried it five times and got it to work two. More sucking.

Original: This is a great looking implementation of much of, but not all of Exploding Kittens. (There are no NOPE cards, for example.) The really frustrating thing is that this game is solely for use with a group of friends sitting in the same room. The app (in this version) does NOT allow for solo play. It does NOT allow for Internet play. When can you play it? When three or more of you, who have all PURCHASED the game are sitting in the same room. I bought the game, but I'm not sure when I'll ever actually get to PLAY the game.

Exploding Kittens® Customer Reviews Overview

Exploding Kittens® is a popular card game that has received numerous positive reviews from players and critics alike. The game is known for its humorous and entertaining gameplay, which involves players taking turns drawing cards and trying to avoid drawing an exploding kitten card.

One of the most commonly praised aspects of Exploding Kittens® is its accessibility. The game is easy to learn and can be played by people of all ages, making it a great choice for family game nights or gatherings with friends. Additionally, the game's quick playtime and simple rules make it a great option for casual gamers who want to enjoy a fun and lighthearted experience.

Another positive aspect of Exploding Kittens® is its replayability. The game's randomized card deck ensures that each playthrough is unique, and the addition of expansion packs and alternate game modes provides even more variety. This means that players can enjoy the game multiple times without it becoming stale or repetitive.

In addition to its gameplay, Exploding Kittens® is also praised for its high-quality components. The cards are well-designed and durable, and the game's packaging is both attractive and functional. This attention to detail helps to enhance the overall experience of playing the game.

Overall, Exploding Kittens® is a highly enjoyable and entertaining game that has received widespread acclaim from players and critics alike. Its accessibility, replayability, and high-quality components make it a must-have for anyone who enjoys lighthearted and humorous card games.

Exploding Kittens® In-depth Review

Product Range and Quality:

The Exploding Kittens® game offers a wide variety of game options to suit different preferences and play styles. From the original version to themed editions and expansion packs, there is something for everyone. The quality of the game components and materials is excellent, ensuring durability and a satisfying tactile experience.

Gameplay Experience:

The gameplay experience of Exploding Kittens® is highly engaging and interactive. The rules are easy to understand, making it accessible to both casual and experienced players. However, don't let the simplicity fool you - the game also offers a level of strategy and skill that keeps players on their toes and encourages strategic thinking.

Customer Service:

The customer support provided by Exploding Kittens® is commendable. They are responsive and helpful, promptly addressing any issues or concerns that may arise. Additionally, their efficiency in resolving problems and the availability of FAQs and online resources contribute to a positive customer service experience.

Shipping and Delivery:

Exploding Kittens® ensures timely delivery of their products, allowing customers to enjoy their games without unnecessary delays. The packaging quality is top-notch, providing adequate protection for the products during transit. Furthermore, the accuracy of order fulfillment ensures that customers receive exactly what they ordered.

Pricing and Value for Money:

The pricing of Exploding Kittens® games is competitive compared to similar products in the market. Considering the high-quality components, engaging gameplay, and replay value, the game offers great value for money. Additionally, the availability of discounts or promotions further enhances the affordability of the game.

Community and Social Engagement:

Exploding Kittens® actively engages with its community through participation in gaming events and conventions. They also interact with customers through various social media platforms, fostering a sense of connection and community among players. Furthermore, their support for local gaming communities showcases their commitment to the gaming community as a whole.

Innovation and Creativity:

Exploding Kittens® stands out with its unique game concepts and mechanics. The game offers a refreshing twist on traditional card games, keeping players entertained and engaged. Moreover, the introduction of new expansions and versions demonstrates the company's ability to adapt and evolve with changing trends, ensuring continued excitement for players.

Accessibility and Inclusivity:

Exploding Kittens® considers the diverse player demographics by providing game translations and language options. This inclusivity allows players from different backgrounds to enjoy the game in their preferred language. Additionally, the company's commitment to accessibility is evident through the inclusion of features that cater to players with disabilities.

Online Platform and User Experience:

The Exploding Kittens® website offers a user-friendly experience with easy navigation and clear product descriptions and images. This ensures that customers can quickly find the information they need to make informed purchasing decisions. The availability of online game tutorials or demos further enhances the user experience, allowing players to learn the game before making a purchase.

Overall Satisfaction:

Based on personal experience, Exploding Kittens® receives a high overall rating. The game's unique gameplay, high-quality components, and engaging experience make it a standout choice in the market. When compared to other similar games, Exploding Kittens® consistently delivers a fun and enjoyable gaming experience. In conclusion, I highly recommend Exploding Kittens® to both casual and avid gamers.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Exploding Kittens® contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Exploding Kittens®?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Exploding Kittens® Customer Service. Initial Exploding Kittens® complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Exploding Kittens® above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Exploding Kittens®. Discuss the issues you have had with Exploding Kittens® and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.