Experian Information Solutions Logo

Experian Information Solutions

Having problems with Experian Information Solutions?

Experian Information Solutions reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 24, 2007. The latest review Service was posted on Mar 17, 2021. The latest complaint Lies,lies and more lies. was resolved on Jul 29, 2014. Experian Information Solutions has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 108 reviews. Experian Information Solutions has resolved 60 complaints.

Experian Information Solutions Customer Service Contacts

+1 714 830 7000 (Head Office)
+1 224 698 5600 (Office In Schaumburg, IL)
+1 866 751 1323 (Data Breach Support)
+1 800 854 7201 (Technical Support)
+1 800 478 0650 (Business Data Reporting)
+1 888 243 6951 (Credit Services)
+353 18 469 100 (Ireland HQ)
+44 203 042 4200 (United Kingdom)
+44 115 941 0888 (Operational HQ, UK)
The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park

Newenham House, Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17, Ireland

United Kingdom
Cardinal Place, 80 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5JL, United Kingdom

Operational Headquarters
The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom

Brazil
Alameda dos Quinimuras, 187, CEP 04068-900, Planalto Paulista, São Paulo

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Experian Information Solutions Customer Service. Initial Experian Information Solutions complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Experian Information Solutions above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Experian Information Solutions. Discuss the issues you have had with Experian Information Solutions and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Experian Information Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Info Experian Direct.com — charges to credit card

I have a charge on my credit card for Info Experian Direct.com Info EXD.com CA - there is no phone number or...

Kirksville

Experian Direct.comCharged for something advertised for free

I applied for credit at my local credit union & was turned down & suggested that i get a free credit report at freecreditreport.com. I did on 12/7/09 & what was told to me that disqualified me for the credit was not on my credit report, nor anything useful to me at all. i then got a charge, on my credit card, ref# 2435178ACNB0FQVBMN with a charge of $14.95 i was unaware of and on the web i would be charged this once a month with nowhere to advise that i did not want the service. my first notice that i was signed up for this was through my credt card bill i received on 12/24/09. Merry Christmas for a charge that i cannot afford.

• Nu
      nurkey Jan 16, 2010

I've just recently run into the same problem. I called and told them that I did not agree to this charge, and even took fault in saying that maybe it was an oversight in my reading and demanded that I not be charged again and that I would like them to cease and desist at once. After trying to convience me why the service was good for me, I replied..."I am not interested" they were very insistant. I was put on hold quite a few times, until finally someone came back to the phone a said it had been cancelled...We will see! I am prepared to take action (my bank, BBB and anyone else it will take) Beware! STAY AWAY!

• P1
      p10 Jan 05, 2010

Everything they do is misleading. You can get much of the info for free in other places. The stuff you can't get free you can certainly get without having to commit to having your credit card charged each and every month.

It was a real pain to cancel as well. You have to call, there is no other option, then you have to wait on hold. I literally had to say I wanted to cancel 5 times before they finally agreed to process the cancellation, and then they put me on hold again for about 3 minutes after that while they processed it.

Stay away from this companies services if at all possible. If you've already joined and are trying to cancel and you encounter any problem call your credit card company and they should do it for you.

Equifax,transunion,experianunfair practices

The three credit bureas perform very unfair and even maybe discriminative practices. 1. What does they way you drive have to do with your credit . Your insurance rates should only be based on how you are as a driver. 2.What right do they have to lower my score because of inquires that people do without permission. 3. If you have credit card debt, you are punished if you or the Bank closes it because of inactivity, your punished. I am tired of these angencies deciding how long a negative can be put on my reports. 4. They do not help the consumer but seems to always help the creditor when a complaint is filed against that creditor. I am tired of unfair practices when it comes to good honest people's financial future. We need changes in these reporting angencies practices, because they are causing financial ruin in people.

• Fr
        Frederick Parker Apr 18, 2014

I lost 19 points on my credit score for absolutely no reason at all! I feel that it was done because I am a poor black man in America!

Experian Credit InfoCharges without authorization

There was a moment during august that I asked for a credit history without any cost.

The problem was when I saw a charge in my credit card statements for $29.95 not only in August 4 but in September 4/2009 too.

Is there any agency or someone that can help not the companies but the costumer in cases like this?

mandy Apr 15, 2009

tayna hellmer also know as dianne trappi shes afraud as well as the others on 4-10-09 i sent her 20.00 for a reading today is 4-15-09 and still theres nothing so to everyone please dont get suckered like i did just dont send anyone any money unless you know them

• De
          DEElliott Mar 31, 2009

I applied online for a "free" credit report through Experian. I was supposed to get the report online within seconds. I did not. I WAS charged with $39.95 on my credit card for a monthly service I did not order. Another online SCAM. Don't believe anything you see that is for free, it never is!

Info Experian Direct — charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct.

I went online to check my bank acct and found that there are charges going to my acct of $14.95. I do not...

Experian CreditExperian Credit freeze

My wife and I are trying to get a debt consilidation loan from a local bank. They are willing to do it with my mother-in-law as a co-signer. She has agreed but, we have been playing games with Experian Credit. We have done everything they have asked to unlock the freeze. We have been doing this for the past month still no progress. Can anyone help or have any other insights?

• Fl
            Floyd Trimmeer Aug 15, 2011

You are suspose to get one free credit report free each year, but when you come up on this credit agency, they start charging your credit card $14.95 each month. This is the third month they have charged my credit card, and I want it refunded. My email address is [email protected]

• Dh
            DHH1955 Oct 20, 2009

I do not see how this will help this situation...I need Experian to open up the credit report!
            You should consider a Life Events Legal Expense Plan with Identity Theft Protection so you don't have to deal with this problem yourself. We can still help you at http://www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/cjbeckett

• Ga
            Gary Beckett Oct 19, 2009

Experian Credit BureauScam and lies

In my credit report they are one item thats been on it for 7 years and one items thats been on there 18 years I know this isn't much to report about but the credit bureaus should do whats according to the law about credit reports the consumer law states that stuff on the credit reports must come off after 7 years my credit score was 665 and fair and now it is only 582 and poor and I only one thing on there that was 245.00 And I owed that when my credit score 665 and fair so there's something going on with my credit score.

Experian — Incorrect listing

Sidney Dale Harrell Mailing address: P.O. Box 807, Rose Hill, NC 28458 Physical address: 191 Earl Davis Road...

Cic*triple Advantage / Info. Experiandirect. Comunauthorized charges

First the company placed $14.95 per month for 3 months under cic triple advantage and then another $14.95 per month for another 3 months under a different name, info.experiendirect.
            I was out of the country and just discovered what had been happening. Stop, you crooks!

• Sc
                Scam Artist Denied Sep 20, 2009

We canceled the cic triple advantage after we noticed the charges coming through. The site we explored mentioned getting your one free credit score that is alloted for every American. If we noticed the fine print apparently located somewhere on that website that we can no longer find we would have stayed clear. We finally contacted the company and the charges ceased for a small period of time. Now I am receiving another similar charge that we know for a fact did not authorize. I work for a major bank and see these scams quite often. The business has numerous DBA's underneath the umbrella (cic triple advantage), what happens is that when you agree to procede with that sites particular offer for free credit score, you are also agreeing to receive information from parenting companies associated either directly or indirectly giving the faint hint to receiving terms and disclosures from all of the said companies. It is a never ending scam, or at lease it seems. The answer is not what you want to hear. Banks can not stop electronic debits. They can stop certain amounts and certain merchants but once the amount is altered or another DBA tries charging the account it will go through and then you will be at the bank again trying to stop that charge. Stop payments usually run from $15 to $30 a pop. The only answer is that answer you did not want to hear (close the account). That is pretty much the only way the clear yourself from that scam completely, or hope you have made enough phone calls and stop payments to cut the ugly head off the parenting company.

• Te
                Teresa McGuigan Sep 27, 2008

I looked at my bank statement and noticed a fee of $14.95 paid to CIC*CI for credit report which I DID NOT request. I want this credited back to my account. I would like to know how you required my bank information.

ExperianReport Number ID login process sounds like a scam to me

Upon previous request, through the Annual Credit Report.com website, I requested a copy of my Experian credit report. For privacy purposes, they said they would have to send me a separate Report Number in order to allow me to access my online credit report. I would have to not only enter my Report Number, but also my Zip Code, state, and my Social Security Number for access. I don't trust entering my SSN# for my credit report--sounds fishy. I wanted to get your opinion on whether or not I should use this Report Number tactic to obtain my credit report, or should I avoid this at all costs (or could AnnualCreditReport.com be another one of those scams too).

• Lu
                  luisiscool Apr 01, 2011

https:// and lock icon means secure.

• Lu
                  luisiscool Apr 01, 2011

Its safe as long as its www.annualcreditreport.com and make sure that the site starts with https:// or has a lock icon on the bottom of your browser.

• Mo
                  Moochums Sep 14, 2009

Whenever i did my credit report(free one) from that site, i never had to enter my report number. I did have to enter all the other info you stated above though. i'm not too sure what to tell you on this one.

Experian / Freecreditreport.com3 bureau report incomplete

I believe the 3 bureau credit report on freecreditreport.com is a rip-off. Here is what I experienced:
                I paid the additional $24.95 to view all three bureau reports on "freecreditreport.com". Everything on the reports looked ok, but when I viewed my scores, the Transunion score was off significantly. After several fruitless calls with Transunion and having to order a separate actual Transunion report, I found that there was a reported delinquent payment on record with them dating back to 2005, which was not shown on the "3 bureau report" from "freecreditreport.com". During the course of this I discovered that the so-called "3 bureau report" only provides information dating back 24 months for the other two bureaus, thereby making it incomplete and in many ways useless. When I called freecreditreport.com to ask for my money back given that they did not provide the advertised service (i.e. a FULL Transunion Credit Report) I was told this was not possible and that they provided the service by passing on all the information they received from Transunion.
                I am not sure whether the issue here is Transunion sending incomplete information to them or that they are not displaying the full set of data due to some internal issue, but in any case, I think it is unacceptable that they try to lay the blame on others while wanting to hold on to the fees they charged for an incomplete service. Unacceptable and a Rip-Off!

• Su
                    SuperVepr Aug 11, 2009

They are a ripoff. They show incomplete and inflated scores. Useless indeed.

Experian — Credit Terrorism

601 Experian Pkwy Allen, TX [protected] [protected]‎ Apparently, I want to find a lawyer who...

Experian — Terrible experience

I have not used credit of any kind in years. In April I wanted to purchase a pre owned Nissan and assumed I...

Experianunauthorized billing

Experian has been billing my account unlawfully for 2 extra months than allowed . I wish to clear this matter up immeaditately so as not to be charged again . This is a crime not an oversite. I will procicute if it continues.
                  Respectfully, Douglas Phillips

Joe Chimienti May 16, 2017

The Experian contract states in part "Your order summary, Credit Report, FICO Score, Credit overview, Credit alerts, Score tracker, Toll free support, Creditlock" ORDER TOTAL $ 1.00
                      This sounds like the contract, I think any charges above $ 1.00 are illegal and must be returned.
                      Take it to a jury
                      Joe C.

• Qu
                      Quinn Mueller Mar 07, 2017

Thieves...In November 2015 I signed up for the free trial membership and it is now march 2017, I never agreed to pay the monthly charges, even when they went up. They charged me for 16 months oo my child's savings account which I don't ever check or use since his birth, and now I find the have been unlawfully talking out money each week. customer service is a joke, loop holes, sent me to a web address that is just as much of a joke if you can find it. I recommend you do not even think of using this company and if you have to you must keep your eye out for random charges for services you did not ask for.
                      KY Quinn.

• Aq
                      Aquamitchy Jan 12, 2010

I totally agree that Experian is doing illegal business practice. I was charged unknowingly for a membership. They changed $14.95 for 2 months plus $99 annual Safeguard. I wasn't aware of neither of them. When I found out and called 1st customer service person said, "Our system is down. Could you call us back in 1 or 2 hours?" So, I called back. The 2nd customer service person said, "Our system is under maintenance. Could you call us back 1 or 2 hours? Or if not, maybe tomorrow." I called back the next day. The same thing. Then the following day, the same thing. I got the clue. All these customer service people are told to lie so that I can't close my account. So, after many attempts I said to the last customer service person, "Why is this maintenance taking for many days? Seems like each time I say I want to close my account you guys say you can't pull up my account. Which is not true. Let me talk to your boss." When I talked to the bass he had my account open on his computer. It was not under the maintenance.

Company telling workers to lie and perform unethical practice is illegal not just to the customers. Illegal Period !!! And the top of that I lost $129 for nothing. My friend said that I should get it back. Maybe I should try.

safeshooter Nov 26, 2009

Company charged me $14.95 on my credit card. This charge was not .

• Valerie Oct 14, 2008

I went to freecreditreport.com expecting a credit report for leasing an apt. Before I even finished, I had to enter personal information. Once the credit card numbers were pulled up, I exited. The lovely Experian.com, a supposedly trusted name in credit reporting, has forwarded my credit card numbers to CIC*Triple Advantage, which has enrolled me in their great protection program. None of this was presented to me, or emailed to me.

I have yet to receive one email from this service that I am paying for. Nothing. I had not swiped my card, entered my card information, or authorized the charge. Please advise.

ExperianWho is watch dog here?

There are thousands upon thousands of complaints against Experian, yet nothing is happening. My husband who is a decorated military officer with 20 years in the A.F. can't get THEIR mistake fixed. They want us to pay them $15 to get one of their credit reports to dispute their mistake. They have a different person on our credit report. The person lives in Colorado, is 20 years younger than my husband and has a different SS#. I got this information from two other agencys. They informed me that I have to contact Experian, but that is IMPOSSIBLE..They wont accept other credit reports to dispute issues. How is this legal? Where are our government agencys that are supposed to protect the public from fraud? If this isn't fraud I don't know what it. Will this be the next Madoff scam?????

Experian Credit Bureau — Access to live help

Experian Credit Bureau has an automated phone system that seems impossible to use effectively--there is no...

Experian — False reporting

I have paid $14.95 per month for more than a year to access my Credit report when I want it. I now want to...

Experian Credit Reporting AgencyTerrible experience

I would like for everyone to know that when you inquire about your credit report and find something that does not belong and dispute it, it does not mean that it will be handled in a professional manner by Experian credit reporting agency. My husband and I reviewed our credit scores and found items that needed to be removed and when we disputed the information on our credit report, our credit rating for this agency went down 50 points over a 6 month period of time.

Not only did our score go down, but they sent us letters stating that our dispute is frivolous and will not be investigated again. I thought we as consumers and they as customer service providers are allowed fairness and not penalized for bringing this matter to their attention. If anyone has been through anything of this sort or close to it, please respond and offer me some advice in the matter.

• Fi
                          Fico2 Oct 05, 2009

If you think you have problems with Experian wait till you deal with this credit bureau.

• In
                          Information Guy Sep 29, 2009

What was the nature of the dispute?

• La
                          Laurie Nov 18, 2008

File complaints about any of the Credit Reporting Agencies with the Federal Trade Commission.

Cite violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

ExperianFraudulent reporting practice

All of the credit bureaus have fraudulently reported delinquent accounts for apartment rental (Seville West Apt El Paso, TX), cell phone accounts (Qwest and AT&T) and cable television account (Time Warner Cable) under my social security number. Also, the bureaus have reported my address as those fraudulently list in the various delinquent accounts; where as, I have lived in the same place since 2001.

These negative reports are generated from fraudulent accounts in my name and in turn, cost me in higher interest rates for purchases of real estate and automobiles. Even though, I can factually prove my residence and provide evidence clearly supporting my non-involvement in procuring theses accounts, I continually receive bad credit reports.

At this time, I believe reporting by companies; collection agencies and credit bureaus create an endless cycle...one blaming the other for the fraudulent reports. Not one business involved in this verifies identification.

I have completed fraud alerts, filed police reports and use LifeLock and still negative use of my personal information continues.

• Fr
                            Frank Feb 18, 2009

Contact LifeLock and ask them to assist cleaning your reports if you became a member before all this happened.

Experian/credit BureauNo phone access to customer service

Company's dedicated customer service numbers are completely automated. There is no way to speak to a representative. Numbers are busy with no option to leave a call back number. On line dispute reuires a two-digit ID number which appears nowhere. They were previously sued for failing to provide reasonable access as required by the FCRA, but it appears they've done nothing to change that.
                          I disputed a state tax lien by mail with enclosing a date stamped document from the court stating that the lien was canceled/satisfied. (I offered to also send documentation that the tax was never owed, if needed.) I received a letter back stating simply that they investigated and the unsatisfied lien "remains." I have tried the entire day to find any number for any office at Experian where a live person will answer. That includes even Investor Relations, Press/media number...everything. You cannot get them and, as noted, trying to dispute or check the status of a dispute requires a two digit "ID" which appears nowhere on the report.

• Te
                              Terry Machen Nov 21, 2008

Do you know that if you apply to Experian they will tell you about how good your report is for a further sum of money, as my sum was in good towards the top end I asked their telephone contact about a loan, so she said to me certainly sir, so she then told me she would pass me through to one of her officers, so he then asked me how much would you like and what is it for, so I told him that it was to do with my work ahead in the coming season and that my report stated I was in the good with a 902 rating he then sais that's excellent, and I will pass you through to our other department where you will have to pay a loan set-up fee of £47+ and then within three days yoiu will have the money. I went through as he had put me through and the chap asked what purpose is the loan for and I stated business and he said alright give me your card number and I will go ahead with the loan, whilst on the phone a second or two later a message came through and he then said it is all arranged now sir. IU went through to my computer at hand two minutes after the telephone call and put in the texted number of reference, where upon first site it explained that I was unsuitable for a loan and gave no further information. After a day and several hours on premium rates I have been passed from one to another starting with MyWHLoan.co.uk, to another and then another at the end of they explained it was not their company that had agreed to the £47+ deduction and ended up being lastly sent to Hull where again I decided it was not worth the chase. I spoke to Experian a number of times to tell them I had been passed from them to another department and it was all done blind by them - they first sent one text then another and on one text will look within 28 days, another will look in one day and another after will look in two days - they are using cowboy firms that know what you have applied for and are aware they are ripping you off - do not take a loan arranged through Experian or My WHLoan, or the other hundred the Stockport company are under on the net - do not go through Microsoft as they do not know a company called my WHLoan or whatever - but yes have been told that as it was for business and not new house furniture, or an holiday, I have been refused the expansion loan they said at source that I would get. They are acting like criminals and do beware!.

Joan Espana Jun 20, 2008

I have been trying to dispute an item on my credit report. I had little difficulty with the other reporting agencies, but Experian is horrible. They require that you obtain a credit report, which I did, and dispute items on-line. However, it seems that once you print it, you can't get back to the display where you are supposed to be able to select the item(s) to be disputed. The summary of the report stated that all that was needed was the report ID. However, that is not accurate because you need a log-in to get back to the information. I attempted calling them to get a mailing address, however there is NO OPTION for a credit report on their menu. Also, I was not able to talk to a live person. I went back to their website to email them and have received to emails from another company, CreditExpert.com. One suggested filing the dispute on line which did not answer my question. The other provided a telephone number for Credit Expert Customer Service. I was on hold several minutes, and when I finally talked to a live person, I was given a phone number for Experian --- the same number I called before -- and assured that there was a dispute option. I called again -- NO Option. I really feel that they are trying to get money from me before they will allow me to file a dispute -- which is against the law. I am totally disgusted with Experian and would never pay for their services or recommend them to anyone. They do not provide equal access -- not everyone has a computer!

• Bo
                              Boya Jun 18, 2008

I just want to let the world know that Experience credit Burea is the most corrubted Public Reporting Agency in the world. They have the most illiterate staff in the world. I have been trying to correct simple human error they created on my credit Burea file for 2 years.

Regards,