eVitaminsEvitamins charged my debit card twice for the same order

C

I ordered "Solgar Folate 1000 mcg" on 29-Sep-2016. I got a confirmation e-mail informing me that your order has been placed and my debit card was CHARGED for the price of the product. But my order was not prepared for shipping even when I have already paid for it. Then I visited eVitamins website to find out as to " why my order has not been processed yet". And then the next day I got an sms telling me that your Debit Card has been charged by eVitamins for the ordered product. Although I did receive my product, but I was charged twice for the same product.

Kindly avoid this website. As I am giving a detailed review of eVitamins as per my experience of 9 months of ordering with this website.

eVitamins is a US based website that sells Food Supplements. I had a terrible experience with eVitamins.

When you sign-up with this website and order a product, you need to select a payment mode where-in you are asked to provide these details as Billing Information:-
a) Your Name on Debit/Credit Card b) Card Number c) Card Expiry Date d) CVV number of the card (All the details essentially required to compromise a Card and shop from your card without anyone needing the ATM-PIN number of your card).

After providing your Card details, when you order a product for first time, eVitamins directs you to your Bank Website where you log-in to your “ Bank Website “ and authorize payment through Transaction Password/OTP, that you receive on your mobile (Which is a standard practice for well-known reputed e-commerce websites). Now, eVitamins makes this as your DEFAULT PAYMENT Option and the next time you order a product, eVitamins do not redirects you to your Banking Website for authorizing payment and rather DEBITS your Card straightaway without you authorizing payment by Transaction Password/OTP.

eVitamins have developed a very innovative way of looting your money. This is the second method that they use to commit fraud on your card. When you order a product and make payment through Net Banking (The pymt. gets deducted from your Bank A/c), you receive a Confirmation mail that " your order has been placed " and you are given a TRACKING NUMBER to track the shipping of your order. Now, eVitamins holds your order and do not prepares it for shipment. So, when you try to track your order through TRACKING NUMBER, they deduct payment from your Bank Account again. For tracking an order, you need to log-in to eVitamins website and this is when they fraudulently Charge your Card again for the same order. So, you end up paying twice for the same order.

Now when you raise a Support Ticket for "Double Payment" and send them screenshots of your Bank Statement, then their Customer Manager (who usually is Annabelle King, most of the time) tells you that the FIRST DEBIT (for evitamins) that you are seeing in your Bank Statement is just a pending a authorization whereas it was SECOND DEBIT (for evitamins) when your Bank actually released the payment. They give you this Bull**** reply. This has been my personal experience.

If you don’t love your money and if you can afford risking the safety of your Card Information then you can certainly shop from eVitamins. High Risk and certainly Avoidable website. Prevention is better than cure.

• Updated by CallumT · Dec 03, 2016

eVitamins is a Fishy Website.