EverPet Cat Foodsick cats from eating this cat food

I recently purchased everpet cat food in the light blue bag. After feeding my cats this food they began to throw up the food and blood. My cat is the sickest. once we stopped him from throwing up we have to force feed fluids and baby food. He has lost about 10 lbs. All he does is lay around - eyes are glassy - doesn't meow, play He is still very weak. DO NOT BUY ANY EVER PET FOOD OF ANY KIND FROM DOLLAR GENERAL UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL YOUR ANIMALS.

M.Lee Cthulhu Aug 05, 2017

I fed this to my car for a little over 24 hrs...he was sicker than hell, poor thing was pissing out of his [censor], I felt so bad that I burried it for him. Put him back on the Purina the next day...he was 100%.
    I had to purchase this product cuz I was broke and he needed food. If this situation ever happens again, I'd rather starve him, or feed him people food than feed him that everpet food.
    I suggest who ever is reading this do the same... And warn others too.
    Plz.

M.Lee Cthulhu Aug 05, 2017

@M.Lee Cthulhu His bowel movements afterwards were black, which DOES indicate GI bleeding.

I am so sorry to all of the pet owners who weren't able to catch this in time..it's fkn terrible, and I can't imagine that amount of grief. My condolences to you ALL.

Sharon Traylor Jun 20, 2017

I bought everpet cat FOOD in the blue bag and both of my cats died a terrible, painful death. They were happy, healthy cats that the family loved dearly. I think the food was poisoned and I also think that anyone who lost a cat from using this should be allotted some form of restitution. I wish I could sue the company. Our pets trust us for what they eat and it has left me feeling guilty and so sad for my sweet babies that's what they were to me, my babies. I could say a lot more than what I have but what's the use? I hope the company goes bankrupt and they can all just go to hell.

M.Lee Cthulhu Aug 05, 2017

@Sharon Traylor I'm so sorry. I don't know what I would do...again, I'm so very very sorry.

• Ly
    Lynne Shanahan Sep 09, 2016

My 9 year old healthy female cat has been eating from a huge bag of ever pet dry food and ever pet canned fish which a friend gave me and now is hiding and not eating snd diagnpsed with fatty liver and suspected feline hepatitis. I have never fed her this cat food before.

• Ly
    Lynne Shanahan Sep 09, 2016

My cat was diagnosed with fatty liver n the only difference has been ever pet dry cat food and canned food..she is hiding and refusing to eat

• Da
    David and Rachel Webb Aug 12, 2016

Please, stop feeding your cat this food!!! Please immediately take your cat to the vet.

We bought this pet food from dollar general and fed our three year old cat Baby it several times then she started showing the same symptoms that everyone else has described - Dollar General murdered our cat, they will kill yours too... evil sick monsters.

We miss our cat you Corporate idiots! People have been complaining for YEARS that this pet food kills cats and yet they still sell it?!! Seriously?

If there is ever a class action lawsuit against Dollar General and Everpet, please email us as we want to take part. da vid and ra chel webb at yah oo dot c om.

I know that Todd J Vasos is the CEO of Dollar General and his email address is [email protected] from a quick google check so I'm sure he'll love to hear from all of us about his corporation murdering our cats so please feel free to send him your kind regards as I'm about to as well.

• Ka
    Kara Holmes Jun 28, 2016

Today my second cat that was less than two years old died. I was feeding them the everpet brand. They became listless, eyes looked funny, balance problems, incontinence, and then seizures. I am so pissed right now. Vet believes it's from the food. They freaking poisoned our babies! Want to know what we can do to sue. I kept the food to try to get it tested. Anyone know of lab that does this?

• Ta
    Tanya Salone Labbe Jan 24, 2016

My name is Tanya. My fiance and I recently purchased Everpet cat food. We fed a small portion to our cats Gracie and Kye. Gracie is pregnant . She is now listless and will not eat anything else. She gas been this way since yesterday. Kye will not touch another bite. Something should be done about this. This stuff is possibly toxic

• Di
    Diamo97 Jul 20, 2015

Less than one year ago I put my 16 yr old female cat Diamond on ever pet can n dry food . I bought this garbage at the local dollar general it was cheap n I never thought it would harm her . A couple of months ago she started getting sick she was vomiting n she had diarrhea . It got worse, she started losing weight n getting weak . I just thought she was getting old shes close to 17 yrs . It got so bad she couldnt hold anything in n I found blood in her stool . Something told me to look up ever pet on the internet n I couldnt believe what I found out, I read so many stories from people whose cats either died or got horribly sick with the same symptoms my cat had so I took her off ever pet immediately n im glad to say she seems much better not perfect but I believe shes slowly recovering she vomits periodically but her bowel movement is back to normal . I heard everpet was made in china I dont doubt that for a minute . Ever pet should b removed from store shelves its horrible so many luved pets had to suffer n die n so many owners had to suffer too . Im fortunate diamond seems to b recovering n im glad I took her off that poison when I did id hate to lose her because I was being cheap . Anyone reading this if u r feeding ur cat or dog everpet please stop now before u lose ur pet, they r family to us . Im sorry for all of the people who lost their pets to this garbage .

• Ra
    Rainbow bridge Feb 27, 2015

I also used the Everpet Cat food from Dollar General in the green and white bag and have lost 2 cats with the same symptons. I am very upset to think that cat food would be the cause of my cats death. They were both fine one day and the next day became ill, not eating or drinking much and died within a few hours after that. They died 3 months apart. Please let me know if there is a class act law suit on this product.

• Ph
    phyliss clark Aug 23, 2014

my kittens died after eating ever pet goument blend this cat food need to recalled

ANIMaLVR Jul 29, 2014

I am so worried about my cats now. Even though we went thru a whole bag of the 13 lb, I bought another one just the other day and noticed it was bad, looked like saw dust at the bottom and found little tiny black beetles. It's going back to the store. I have always bought Purina and have had no problems. Well it figures, not a bargain. My cats better not get sick from this...I tried uploading a photo, but it doesn't seem to be working.

• Je
    jennywinnie76 Jun 18, 2014

I bought four cans of Everpet wet cat food and my cat has been throwing up after eating it. After reading all of these stories of pets dying from eating this product, I will be contacting Dollar General's consumer number along with Everpets. Do not feed this stuff to your animals!

• Ko
    Kodi 2014 Jun 07, 2014

I forgot to add my cat from before was 10 and she got sick and died two yrs ago i fed her ever pet cat food never give it a thought that it was because of the food

• Ko
    Kodi 2014 Jun 07, 2014

I have fed my kitten ever pet kitten food...he seems to be ok...but i will go back to purina just in case...the cost between the two is not worth my cat's life...this company should take responsaibilty for it's product.And should be a shame to put it on store shelf's.
    Thanks for all the info and so sorry for all of you that have lost your pets...

chad chesebro Apr 14, 2014

This is the cat we just lost

chad chesebro Apr 14, 2014

I just got home from the animal hospital in Syracuse NY I had bought a bag of the cat food in the light blue bag a bigger bag I had two indoors cats one ate it for a day then wouldn't eat it and the other ate all of it and now as of a hour and a half ago the one that wouldn't eat it after the first day is gone me and my finance had to make the hardest decision of our lives weather to have him put down n it has torn us apart every since because he was the type of cat that slept on my chest and on her pillow he went from being a fat cat to basically skin and bones in a month n we didn't realize anything till it was to late and tonight when we got home from her work I walked into my room to him having seizures and not able to get off the floor this food needs to be banned this problem has been doing on for over two years and nothing has been done about it this is rediclous I just lost my cat because problems with this cat food is ignored by the manufacturer

shannon j knause Apr 06, 2014

We have been feeding or cat and dog everpet. Just over night our cat became sick lost a lot of weight and was only 2 years old. Chloe's body could not regulate its temp and was 96 degrees when we took her to the vet Fri. She became so bad by sat we had to take her to the vet and have her put down. Her eyes were non responsive to light and could hardly move. The vet couldn't even get a temp. On her when they checked sat. Our only option was to put her down. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against everpet. RIP Chloe!!!

• He
    Heart broken 2 Feb 27, 2014

Please Please do not buy Everpet cat food from Dollar General. My family has lost 2 of our family pets in the last 3 days from this food. I lost one cat that was 17 years old on Sunday night and the other one Wednesday night that has been in our family for 16 years. These cats were family to us. Our cats we ok one day and dead the next. They became lethargic, sick at their stomach, throwing up, and just over all sick and passed away within hours with nothing we could do to help. One of them died in my arms and the other one died in my husbands arms. We are totally heart broken from this, the only comfort we can get is knowing they didn't die alone and they knew we loved them.

• La
    LaceyH Feb 18, 2014

We have had the same experience as many others have. This food made our cat very sick. We are trying to get the food tested and I am wondering if others here did the same thing? If so did you go through the company that produced it or did you go through the FDA? I have heard back from both sources and they both want the bag of food and I don't know which to follow through with. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Manuela Schafer Jan 29, 2014

Having this food tested, let's see what we find out!

Manuela Schafer Jan 29, 2014

Please everybody I am having this food tested as we speak. Let's see what the results are, if they are bad we need to start a class action suit against everpet!

• Ha
    Harley's owner May 03, 2013

My name is Darlene
    I purchased EverPet cat food (Indoor Formula) this past Wednesday evening (May 1, 2013) at Dollar General in Lenoir, NC. The lot number which is above the bar code is C0128, the bar code is [protected], it was stamped "Best by H5 09 Apr 2014 22:03" and was a 3.15 lb. bag. I mixed it with a bit of the Purina cat food (Indoor Formula) I had left. (It is recommended on the bag that if this is the first time you are introducing your cat to EverPet cat food that you mix it with what you have been feeding them previously.) My cat took a few bites (less then a minute of eating), walked away from his bowl, and about 5-10 minutes later, he started vomiting. He vomited throughout the night. He slept a bit but woke up frequentlly to vomit many times on each occasion. Although he was listless on Thursday (May 2, 2013), he ate a bit of the Purina cat food (Indoor Formula) I purchased that morning.

(Thursday morning I called the Dollar General Satisfaction Guaranteed number on the EverPet bag [protected]) and reported this. They got all the information from me (expiration date, bar code number, lot number, and symptoms my cat is having. I was told that the manufacturer would call me within two days. Haven't heard from them yet but it is still early. I kept all the information, saved a portion of the food so that it could be analyzed later, and returned the food to Dollar General letting them know what had happened to my cat.)

My cat vomited less throughout Thursday, ate a bit, and hid in areas that I have not known him to do before. This morning I woke up to see an area where he had vomited (on a manilla folder) and saw that is was mainly blood. I am very concerned.

shelajo Mar 11, 2013

My name is shelajo...I just posted my story...here is a picture of the kitty we lost and love so much...because of Everpet cat food!!!

shelajo Mar 11, 2013

My cat was 2 years old, indoors only. She was healthy. I have no plants or poisons. I have 3 children. I bought her EVERPET Indoor brand cat food. I buried her yesterday. She did not want to eat it. I should have thrown it out. I am very sad, feeling guilty, and broken hearted! PLEASE PASS this ON...NO EVERPET food for your pets!!! She was lethargic, could not move, eyes crossed, and drooling. Took her to my vet on a Sat. nite 11 pm...Was dead by morning.

• Cy
    CynthiaJ Feb 25, 2013

I understand your concern, Diva, but you do not understand everyone's situation. I am glad you take care of your cats. That is a good thing. But... Ever heard that phrase, Judge not, lest ye be judged? Yeah. That one.

• De
    Deep Creek Diva Feb 06, 2013

I wouldn't buy food from a dollar store to feed to the mice outside! Why the heck do you people, who profess to LOVE their cats, buy CHEAP FOOD? Friski's isn't that expensive and it sure won't kill the cats! Same for those chicken dog treats made in China killing dogs! Doesn't anybody read LABELS?? I'm living on disability and go without so my babies don't have to eat sub-standard food. If I can do it anyone can!

• Je
    Jennifer Rose Feb 06, 2013

We've been buying Ever Pet Cat Food and have had two cats die in the last two days after a short bout of diarrhea. We have four other cats that like to hunt for most of their food and they're okay. It's the two small cats that have died, because they didn't hunt. This is heartbreaking, especially to see the most dependent cats die BECAUSE they depended upon us to provide all their food.

• Df
    DFHS Oct 25, 2012

i bought the indoor Everpet cat food and my cat ate it ok for a while, all the time getting sicker and sicker. She just died a little over two hours ago on the way to the vet. I can't say any more right now.

• As
    Ashleyvannoy84 Sep 23, 2012

I bought my cat this horrible stuff and she is bleeding losing weight throwing up and very sick, I am so pissed about this and I want this food off the market if my cat dies from this food I will sue them. This is a very big issue and I'd hate for anyone else to lose there pet over this food. Please don't buy this for your cat or dog!

• Ta
    talie Aug 06, 2012

My aunt just bought a bag of the everpet kitten food, her kitten wont touch it so she brought it down to me, i have 3 indoor cats and one outdoor cat, and NONE of the cats will eat it but when i took the bowl away and gave them different food they eat that right away. and my outdoor cat isn't picky with anything he eats, so when he wont eat it i know there is something wrong.

• Wh
    Whammo77 Apr 04, 2012

Yes, this food is TERRIBLE!!! My cats won't hardly even touch it. My wife bought a bag of it and even when the cats are starving they won't eat it. I guess that is why none of mine have died, lol. But when a cat is starving and it won't eat the food, you KNOW it is bad. Don't waste your money on this junk!!!

ANDREA FARLEY Jan 20, 2012

I RECENTLT BOUGHT THIS CAT FOOD MY CAT BECAME VERY ILL AND DIED 2 DAYS LATER FROM EATING THIS FOOD ..SHE STARTED THROWING UP FOOD AND BLOOD..I MISS MY KITTY I'M GOING TO SUE THIS COMPANY FOR THE DEATH OF MY BABY...

• Am
    Amanda R Johnson Dec 19, 2011

My mother inlaw bought everpet cat food as well .. And it killed her cat and before they know what happened they feed some to there chickens and it killed some of there chickens too... So they are very very upset and the grand kids have been crying because of this... I THINK THEY NEED TO PULL THIS OFF THE SHELVES SOON!!!

• Ka
    karen vasquez Oct 13, 2011

I bought a 13.75lb bag of cat food gourmet blend and it was half food and half dust

Sallie74130 Jan 19, 2010

The tab on the top of the can snaps off when you try to open it. This makes it impossible to open the can.