Everest CollegeScam and cheating

My name is Jay, I attended everest college I just graduated from this hell hole, you know looking at the stupid advertisements oh yeah there gonna help you get a job, help you do this, this is all crap, I have been out of school for the past 6 month, this scam school said they were gonna help me get a job and nothing I have looked at months and months of job want ads and I am still jobless...

They don't tell you when your first going to enroll in the school that there not going to do anything for you, They don't tell you there gonna set you up for failure, they don't tell you there gonna take your money and [censored] you with no vasiline...

This school is a scam point blank... on a Separate occasion I complained to the head office and my dean of the school reprimanded me for trying to get help. Then the women in student career service tried to save her own A** by saying I was a lier about her not helping me with my exit resume and coverletter... I am about sick of this school taking money from people and not delivering...

• St
    Stephanie Nov 18, 2008

Thats why they changed their name from FMU to Everest. They make money off lieing to students. Im surprised they havent shut down. Its like having a fake degree. They charge a ### load of money for a ### education. I worked for them I know what they do and no one stops them.

• To
    Tootrusting Nov 18, 2008

I was told that the course Law Enforcement was perfect course for me even though I am permentally disabled! I took the course and due to some medical reasons I fail 2 classes for missing 1/2 a day more then I was suppose to, other wise my grade was a pass! I had a complaint about the students and teachers, but when I tried to put in a formal complaint I was threaten that if I processed with the complaint I would not be allowed back to finish my course, so I had to put up with being threaten, having spit on my desk, also the teacher not grading me fairly as she would grade the students to the way she/he would like you, I was not gay so my mark was always the lowest even though I would have the same thing as another student????? I was told to come back on November 17 2008 to do one of my classes I needed to do again, I asked many times is the date going to change I was informed NO well class started on November 10, 2008, so I was told I can come back next year to the class since I missed a week. I was told it was a hands on school, I sat in my desk almost all the time??? I can not go out and look for a job because I have not graduated yet and now I can wait another year. I would tell anyone who wants to go to this school you are making a big mistake, they take your money and then are never there for you!!I a single mother who thought I would try and better myself ended up in big debt instead with this school called EVEREST COLLEGE. I wish I could talk to the schools head office, dean or someone in charge, because everyone I talked to at the Sudbury school would not help me. They also say they will help you with getting your high school diploma which I was told they can't help me with that either.Please if anyone could help me to get a hold of someone higher email me the information, because I am just getting the run around at this school.

• Bo
    booboo Nov 19, 2008

### everest they are ###ing ###s, stupid, liars and scammers, oh yeah and bunch of immature idiots as well in the school i wish i went to a civilized real college. muther###ers...

• Li
    lisacochran3622 Feb 09, 2009

thaNK GOD I SAW THIS I WAS ABOUT to enroll in their paralegal classes what field did you take

• Au
    augie_j Feb 25, 2009

dude i just enrolled yesterday and its the next im out of this fake ### scamin ### schol college what ever the ### they wanna call there selfs..i was in there for almost literaly in there four 4 hours and they just brought out paper work after paper work..damn it im glad i was put up on game with this info cause i am definetly outta of this wack ### everest college...

• Bo
    Bow78 Mar 01, 2009

Everest College in Tysons Va was a poorly run ghetto ### school. Not only do they set you up for failure, the teacher was an ignorant unperfessional, ### that meddled in her students lives and tried to cause animosity between classmates. One of the counslers sexual harrased me and a few other students and just recemtly got canned, because someone had the courage to tell. They tell you it;s hands on and you won't fail, but they lie. They get these people in who have no expeience o knowledge of healthcare and expect them to just, come in the middle of a mod and go from there. It was sink or swim and many sank. There wasn't support. A crooked ### school, that preys on peoples hopes and destroys them...Stay away

manycolors May 28, 2009

I understand very well the college doesn't care about no one just a paycheck. they make things sound good but at the end you have so many student loans to repay and no job and if you do go for their job fair they will tell you that you don't have enough experience to get a the job so what's the point of going to this school and no job will take you serious or your degree.

• Mo
    MOLLY20 Jul 22, 2009

Yeah same here in this area of North Carolina, thought they were for real found out that all they do is take your GRANT MONEY that's suppose to be yours, and call themselves putting it towards your TUITION!And you don't get a damn dime.For 2 years they take in your money thats suppose to be your GRANT that you don't have to payback, but yet they take it say it's going toward your TUITION!THEY ARE LYING, THIS IS A SCAM AND THERE IS NO REAL CAMPUS, AND THEY NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN!!!

The mighty Raven Jul 24, 2009

Everest College and all those other colleges, such as American College and Bryman, cater to the student who dropped out of high school, who barely graduated from high school, or who achieved only a mediocre level of education during their adolescent years -- that is, the student that never learned algebra, geometry, grammar, chemistry, biology, physics, calculus, trigonometry, science and other rigorous disciplines.

These colleges promise an expedited curriculum that will help one attain a job in a few months. The truth is that anything that is worthwhile in life -- that is, the attainment of knowledge or training requires years of hard work, and not months.

Those individuals that get scam want a "get rich quick" scheme. They do not want to spend the necessary years in college or university to learn correct English usage, mathematics, science, technology, and economics. They do not want to experience the tough homework or the hard examinations. Therefore, the student gets enticed into a program that is expeditious, simplistic, and effortless. Wrong! All that is worthwhile and lasting requires the contrary.

• Ya
    Yacobazzi Aug 17, 2009

I have noticed that a lot of comments on here are from people who just use Everest as a quick way out and a way to get some grant money to buy crap along the way! You don't take your education seriously enough all you want is a free ride and you expect everything handed to you! Well that isn't how this world works and if you want an education and good paying job then give it more than just a day!! I went there and now I'm making a lot more than I was at those crappy retail jobs where the employees come a dime a dozen! I make a difference in people's lives and I can support my husband (who also went to Everest) and our daughter. So before you judge Everest look at the class of people down-talking it first!!!

The People Have Spoken Aug 29, 2009

...that is why people like you are the pillars of the community you are today...quit putting the blame on other...fix your own life first...

• Le
    legal beagle Sep 08, 2009

I was also ripped off by Everest College online. Unlike what many on this site have stated, I was not looking for a "free ride", I was not looking for a "get rich quick scheme", and I was not a person who barely graduated high school. I have always been an 'A' student in high school and in college. I achieved an Associates degree (4.0) from a ground campus several years ago. Not wanting a free ride, but not having the money to continue, I stopped and went to work. While working in my chosen profession, I achieved several college accredited professional management certifications. Once I thought I could afford to borrow the money to return to school, I went to Everest online. I chose an online program because it allowed me the flexibility in schedule to continue to work full time. I was told that after receiving numerous transfered credits me BA degree would take approximately 1 year. During my attendance they changed the curriculum twice and increased the tuition. Then they continued to extend the time they claimed it would take to finish, even though I was getting a 4.0 and taking the maximum number of classes allowed. At the end of every term they would give me a completion date that was later than the one they gave me the time before. By the time it was all over I had to file a complaint with the board of Regions and with their Dean before they agreed to grant my diploma.
    The degree that I was told would take $17, 000 and one year of school, actually took 26 months and cost $32, 000. What they did to me should be considered criminal.

• Ki
    Kimboa Sep 10, 2009

I am currently attending what use to be Las Vegas College, but they're now with Everest. I am about to complete the last two weeks of MAA class, and begin the training on site in a doctors office. I am scared out of my mind! It feels like their trying to cram so much into the last two weeks, and I don't know how they expect that to help us.

Its already a stressful time, they just dumped a new teacher on us that we don't even know. The teacher we had never gave us any warning that they were gonna make that change, we just found out when we came into class. And now it just seems like their trying to squeeze in things that we should've done weeks or months ago!

Medical Transcription is something we should have worked on, but we have'nt gotten into that, even though we were told that we would. Now their trying to cram that lesson in to these last few weeks. My typing accuracy is ok, but my speed isn't. Im not very confident in my billing & coding. We were roll-playing taking calls, and learning how to respond to them. Im nervious about that, because I've never worked in an office before, I feel like Im gonna screw up and get that wrong ALOT!

I just don't feel that Im ready for the medical office yet. I hope the Externship helps to build up the confidence that I lack right now, but I think thats expecting alot out of a month, when your a fish out of water! JUST DONT FEEL PREPAIRED!

• Ik
    I KNOW Sep 18, 2009

I know first hand how they lie to the students and decieve them. I would love to hear from anyone that has no job as promised by this school that takes your money and gives you no jobs or careers as promised. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Mf
    M.F. Oct 15, 2009

Here is my issue with Everest College. I attended the one in Brampton Ont. I took the Medical Laboratory Assistant program, and now I am trying to persue the field even more by trying to get into University so I can become a Technologist. Well I put my application in today and I got a responce back from the University. Guess what their response was. "we do not recognize transcriptions from Everest College". Yeah ### that they set you up with everything they need to advance in your career. I've also had many issues with this college while I was attending. In our lab, our class of 32 students (gotta love their so called promise of small class sizes) we had 2 ecg beds, 2 microscopes, 3 phlebotomy chairs, hardly enough supplies for what we needed to do, so we brought this to the attention of the school President and we were told to lieterally stop complaining and go draw some blood. Our instructor became very sick one week and they refused to provide us with a substitute teacher because they didn't want to pay them, so what wound up happening was the other MLA instructor was told to teach our class on top of his own so we wound up watching movies and teaching ourselves. Tey wound up pulling our sick instructor who could barely even speak, out of bed and brought her in to teach us. Also, how one of the dental assistant classes wound up placing a class action law suit on our campus because they fired the perosn who was "suppose" to help us with finding a job and they did not want to waste the money to hire another one, so they had no assistance what so ever. I honestly think to all the people who got ###ed by Everest should band together and somehow force the school to pay us our tuitions back since we cant even find jobs because hardly anyone recognizes Everest College. I for one will begin a petition on Facebook concerning this AND I will inform the media. This school needs to be brought down for being a complete rip off, taking advantage of people who want a career, stealing their money and offering no help with job placements.

• Wo
    worthless diploma Oct 28, 2009

All my hard work and have worthless diplomas, and no job placment services.

• Wo
    worthless diploma Oct 28, 2009

I feel your frustration. They don't give a crap once they have the money. Student loans to attend no job or placement help and all that money to pay back. Had I known about this place I never would have walked thru the door's at age 50 or any age. Here I sit couple years down the line from graduation and no job. Even took the American Medical Assisting Association Cert exam for all the good it has done. So here sit in my living room in Yorba Linda, all stressed out. Even stood up for myself and demanded my services and was called a trouble maker. If you are not the instructors favorite you can forget a good externship. All we are left with is frustrations, bills and complaining to the Better Business Beaura in Colton Ca. Yep making that t-shirt that says worthless diploma and having my diploma on said is looking better and better all the time.

• Gr
    grevandole Nov 01, 2009

I attended Everest in Toronto in the Addictions counselling... my class room was full of low-lifes with no respect and even several recoving addicts who had yet to reach one year in their programs!!! It specifically states in the brochure that no one with an addiction problem will be addmited unless they have been in recovery for more than 5 years! Also the school slapped on a bunch of 'extra-fees' out of no-where...However, I had to pay in order to get my diploma! Now; I'm stuck with a diploma that no-one recognizes. Also every single time I was supposed to recieve my school uniform, it wasn't even the right size! they ordered the wrong one and had to re-order 4 times. I finally got it when I threatened to withhold my tuition. Also my best-friend was in the same school in their Massage program and they had a class room behind the massage room. So students would walk through while my friend and others where practising techniques (ie. naked under the sheets on the table!). The administration saw no problem with this! The school is a joke and completly dis-organized; I now know why they are not allowed campus' in the province of Quebec. To tell the truth I wish the rest of Canada saw what Quebec see's in Everest College, a con-artist masquerading as a school!

everestvictem Nov 18, 2009

I recently finished my externship, got all the ### paper work done, and its been so far 2 months, and no job.
    On top of that, my graduation is this saturday, they didnt inform me of the time, the day, or the grad fair to follow it so i would know the colors to buy my cap and gown. Because it is required to have a cap and gown for the graduation, i didnt even get to order one offline in time for the following saturday. I had to buy all this ### and no one even helped with simple information, and now i cant even walk at my own graduation which is one of the most important reasons of going to college. On top of that i called them a few days ago so i could just go pick up my diploma, they said they lost it, or sent it out or something, and had to make a new one. I hate this ###ing school. Stupid ###s, a five year old could do their job better than most of those ### holes.

everest silver spring sux Nov 20, 2009

This school system is disgracefull. I attended the silver spring campus. I was a straight A student the whole way through and Everest has failed me as well as many other alumni that I run into. Everesyt taught me one thing...NEVER NEVER NEVER SIGN UP FOR A LOAN AGAIN. I don't recommend anyone to attend this school. Then the Head of the career services department is an arrogant undercover flaming ...well just go see for yourself. Just listning to his speeches, the job placement rate changes from day to day. DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL PLEASE THEY ARE LIARS!!!

• Ha
    HATEEVEREST Dec 19, 2009

EVEREST COLLEGES ARE A SCAM. YOU WILL NOT FIND A JOB AFTER YOU GRADUATE. AND NO ONE WILL HELP YOU TO FIND A JOB. BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE GOING AND SPREAD THE WORD.

• Ju
    justventing Dec 21, 2009

Everst College is founded under Corinthian Colleges, Inc there contact info is
    6 Hutton Centre Drive
    Santa Ana, CA [protected], United States
    [protected]

I am currently a student and by looking at all these stories I am affraid to complain about the mistreatmet I have received from everst...I just got a test back today and I answered the same question as everyone else but somehow mine was wrong and othere people had it right even though it was the exact same answer. I am going to talk to the teacher about it as I am sure it was a mistake casue I am doing pretty good overall in the class but I really do feel like all everst does is want your money. they don't seem to care to much about anything else

• My
    My Oasis Mar 15, 2010

I am very much like Legal Beagle, but newer to the experiences of Everest. At this very moment, I have contacted the Commissions in Tennessee and in Arizona. According to the Commissions in Tennessee, Everest is not authorized in this state. I am now in the process of contacting D.C. on this matter. My inquiries about the school initiated from their refusal to post what they have received in my account. They owe me a credit balance that should have been in my mailbox months ago. They have been giving me the runaround and delaying any response, not to mention that they shift me from one person to another, while my questions are unanswered. Like most of you, I am currently feeling quite uneasy with the school and administration. I am awaiting for responses, and I hope that there will be some form of resolution. I know most of you will say "Good Luck", but I am not going to give up that easily. It is not fair to me or any other student that has been a student with Everest in the past or present.

• Uh
    uhavethetard Mar 29, 2010

You people are all ###s. Everest and every school like it is a complete joke. If you are dumb enough to enroll at one of these schools, you deserve to have every penny taken from you. It's because of you ###s and these mock schools that the student loan interest rates are skyrocketing for all of the REAL students. If you can't get into a REAL college then you DON'T DESERVE TO GO TO COLLEGE. Not everyone deserves to go to college, some of you are just not smart enough or you lack the intellectual work ethic to complete a REAL DEGREE at a REAL SCHOOL. Take the SAT or ACT, if your scores can't get you into a real school, give up your ridiculous dream of going to college, you're just wasting your/my time and money. Go get a blue collar job and leave real education to those who deserve it. By the way, real colleges aren't even hard to get into, if you can't do that you're probably borderline ###ed. Also, if you do get into a real college, you must be able to complete a major that is worthwhile, otherwise you'll just have a useless piece of paper.

EVEREST IS A SCAM!!!! Apr 01, 2010

i have finished the MEDICAL ASSISTANT program 6 months ago... i still have no job!!! i got A's on all my tests. i idid my very best!!! I AM SO MAD AT THIS SCHOOL AND MYSELF FOR GOING TO THIS SCHOOL!!! WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT " CAREER SERVICES IS DOING THE BEST THEY CAN DO" THATS A BUNCH OF BS THEY KEEP TELLING ME THE SAME THING, IM POSTING UR RESUME TO HOT HOT JOBS!!! I HAVE BEEN TO COUNTLESS INTERVIEWS!!!

I NEVER GOT HIRED!!!

IM NOT EVEN CERTIFIED!!! THIS SUCKS...

THIS SCHOOL IS A SCAM, NOTHING BUT FALSE PROMISES!!!

everestcollegerocks Apr 20, 2010

It's unfortunate that the people that have posted on this site feel the way that they do about Everest College. I can ASSURE you that not all Everest locations are run in such ways described above. However it's obvious from most of the language and lack of grammatical skills that many of you didn't try very hard. It seems that it's always someone eles's fault that you couldn't succeed. Everest doesn't guarantee placement. They said they will assit with placement. If you wanted to know if you credits would transfer to another school, you would need to contact that other school first to ask if they accept transfer credits from Everest. My motto is you get what you give. So if you didn't try very hard why do you expect so darn much? Why didn't you check out other schools before coming to Everest? Probably because the other schools wouldn't accept you. It's made clear what type of school this is. It is not an Ivy league college, it's a career/trade school.

• Le
    lethemarie Apr 30, 2010

you know i am a student at everst collage, and i have got to say i am sick of all the crap that goes on in the ma program! i have had i can tell you how meny teacher i can tell you that i have had more the 10 teachers! and everything that i have learned i have tought myself! and they say that we want to do this for you and we want to do that for you DONT ###ING BELIVE THEM!!! they treat my class like we are in 2nd grade! we have to ask to go to the ###ing bathroom!!! what kinda of ### is that?????? i am "in collage" and they want to sit there and tell me that i cant put my phone on my desk and that if i leave early i have to ok it with the teacher ( the teacher is stupied and cant say half the freaking words she needs to say) if i want to get a dreank or a snack or what ever i have to rase my hand and ask the teacher if it ok!!! i am 25 ###ing years old have two kids and i am not a baby!!! I sayeveryone should call corprat until something is done!!! and we should keep calling until something is done!!! I have two kids that i have spen a lot of time away from cuz this crapy school and I AM TAKING A STAND TIL SOMETHING IS DONE FOR THE PAST PRESENT STUDENTS!!! I WILL TELL PEOPLE WHAT I REALLY THINK OF THIS SCHOOL AND IF I HAVE TO I WILL START CALLING ALL THE NEWS CHANILES TIL THEY END UP HAVING TO CLOSE EVERST!!!

• Sw
    S.Walker May 03, 2010

My complaint revolves around the parking! Before I continue I have read some of the other complaints and I am a little confused…

I had a great experience, met a really amazing admissions counselor (Shabir) who helped me map out a plan. My instructor was fair and challenged me, (Mr. Emblton) that is why I graduated and was hired at my placement (thanks Gina ). I read so many complaints on this board and heard so many from classmates and feel that they are at least as much to blame. I had tough days and heavy loads, which student doesn't? The difference in the outcome depends upon the response. Therefore my second complaint is against those who post rage rants while presenting half truths. Too bad this board doesn’t contact the business and give them a chance to present both sides.

Ever notice anytime someone fails that it is someone or some things fault and when they achieve their goals, it was because of them…hmmm… None of them posted their progress reports or placement evaluations...hmmm… I am responsible for my success and failure. Everest was a great school for me academically and I am better equipped for my future. There is no Wi-Fi and not enough parking space; they need to modernize their building. I feel that these investments can create a world class learning environment.

circumvent May 03, 2010

Some lessons Ive learned after having been screwed by a "business/career/trade" college.
    1)If the school is Private, stay away from it
    2)If the school is for-profit, stay away from it
    3)If the school offers people the ability to finish a course offered at a public college or university in less that half the time it normally takes, stay away from it
    4)Do the credits transfer to other PUBLIC colleges and Provincially funded universities? if not, stay away from it
    5)are there multiple posts about the institution on educational forums and on the internet in general that are negative in nature, if so, stay away from it
    6)Does the school offer job placement assistance, guaranteed high paying jobs after graduation, scouts/employers from companies that come to the school to look for grads, a 70-90% graduate employment rate and a whole bunch of other really over-the-top gurantees?!, if so, stay away from it
    7)Does the school have multiple "campuses" spread out all over the country?if so, stay away from it
    8)Is the school on the third floor of a scummy building? if so, stay away from it
    9)Does the school seem to change names every couple of years? If so, stay away from it
    10)Does the school go through a constant change of instructors and management? If so, stay away from it
    11)Does the school employ ex-grads as teachers?, if so, stay away from it
    12)DO they advertise on tv, have a 1-800 number and do they have glossy print ads? If so, stay away from it
    -If I wouldve had a list similar to this before I enrolled in that institution, I wouldve thought twice about making said decision

Just because a business calls itself a "university" does not mean it is a UNIVERSITY, and their "diplomaz" are not really DIPLOMAS...get my drift...of should I say, Get my Drift...bro?
    Bottom line:DO YOUR RESEARCH!!

Curtis
    IT is NOT the equivalent of a traditional degree or diploma...in the eyes of employers and most of the public it is a useless piece of paper. No employer respects those things. Read my list and try to understand what I am trying to say. Tell your friends...We only have our precious time and money to waste!!! Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it most likely is!

Everestlies May 05, 2010

Is anyone doing anything to sue them? I went to Everest also and what a joke, I cannont pay my student loans which are well over 30 thousand at this point. Maybe we can pool together and get a law suite going, why should we pay for student loans and have our credit ruined while they rake in the dough? Please contact me if anyone is interested in doing something about this. I dont know how to get started but if we all get together maybe we can do something. Here is my email : [protected]@hotmail.com

• Fa
    fa guy May 06, 2010

I have worked in Private, Proprietary, and Public schools as a Financial Aid Director. I have never worked for Everest, Corinthian, or any of their predecessors.

It occurred to me while reading the many complaints here that students are the same everywhere! Most of them don't ask questions, blame others for their failures, threaten those they blame, and NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for their actions. It amazes me that people are complaining about the lack of employment. Have you seen the news in the past 24 months?

Come on people, grow up! You are adults. Show some initiative and maturity.

• Sc
    Schecter13 May 12, 2010

Its pretty hard to get financial aid if your white, single and don't have babies. Thus smart people not getting to go to school do to the government system. But..does it REALLY matter anymore? Going to school never guarentees you a job. It is literally not what you know, its who you know. Bottom line.

ThomasQuinn May 18, 2010

As a hiring manager for a medical billing and coding center in Tacoma, Wa, I have been involved in hiring the majority of our current staff here. The best employees come from Everest's program and we hire the majority of externship students from Everest. Not many schools offer specialized training like them. If you expect to gain a job in the medical billing or coding field these days, then you WILL need either prior experience or verifiable training like Everest offers. Your application will not be considered without one of the two. I cannot speak for their quality of education in their other programs, but their coding and billing curriculum is what an employer like us expect a prospective employee to know.

• Ho
    hondakid1989 Jul 04, 2010

I go to everest for computer programming. yes I am learning a few things i didn't know already but all of the certifications you have to do on your own. After reading this I think I am done with them. Oh and by the way the person who commented uhavethetard I would just like you to know. The reason I chose to go online is because of work you little [censor]. I have more knowledge in my little toe than you have in your whole body. I graduated high school at the beginning of my sophomore year so don't call people who you don't know stupid. Your probably a rich kid whose parents pay for him/her to go to college. So go eat a dick.

circumvent Jul 08, 2010

PRIVATE/FOR-PROFIT/ONLY NATIONALLY ACCREDITED/ADVERTISED ON TELEVISION=AVOID AT ALL COSTS SCAM SCHOOLS!

• Sc
    schlomo Jul 08, 2010

I noticed one thing that stood out above and beyond everything else. Both those who complained, and those who defended Everest, displayed the most atrocious lack of spelling and grammar skills. Absolutely below the levels that earned me a B in English in 8th grade.

I'm not defending Everest. If your resumes and job applications contained similar mis-spellings and botched grammar, IT IS NO WONDER YOU CAN'T GET A JOB!

How many of you complainers are holding Everest responsible for your abysmal lack of competency in the most rudimentary level of written English?

I am sorry that your story still doesn't have a happy ending, but maybe, before attempting college level work, you should have gone and taken a GED exam, to find out in which areas you needed remedial help through FREE Adult Education.

Wouldn't that approach make better sense, especially if you had lousy grades in your K-12 years?

Expecting MAGIC from ANY school public or private is unrealistic at best and just plain stupid at worst. Another poster above said "Do Your Research", a very good piece of advice.

• A.Guy.From.London Jul 25, 2010

I agree with all the negative [censor] thrown at Everest/CDI or whatever the [censor] it is they call themselves today.

Shut em all down, why they're allowed to operate and scam people and the government is beyond me.

What we need is a reporter from a big news paper like the Toronto Star or the New York Times to blow the lid off this racket known as "private career colleges" and let the public know how screwed up they are.

circumvent Jul 26, 2010

"that is, the student that never learned algebra, geometry, grammar, chemistry, biology, physics, calculus, trigonometry, science and other rigorous disciplines"

-I get your point dude, but come on.In high school, you focus on specific areas of study. I hope you are not suggesting that you are a master of all these disciplines, lol.

I made a stupid decision to go to one of these private schools but it was not due to the incompletion of high school(which I successfully completed). I also attended university for a couple years(applied, got accepted, submitted transcripts...yadda, yadda) and decided I made a bad program choice there. I was confused and depressed and everest suckered me in(I guess that makes me one of the lazy, get rich quick types?!)

These private colleges DO NOT in any way compare to traditional Universities and Colleges. Let me repeat that. These private business colleges DO NOT in any way compare to traditional Univiersities and Colleges. The curriculum is VERY basic(at a general/basic high-school level) and most of the time spent there is wasted. I wish they would stop trying to compete with REAL, regionally accredited, publicly-funded schools because they are not in the same galaxy. I have nothing good to say about my stay there and if I had a clear head at the time, I would not have attended such a place.(I believed their lies and promises at that point...uggh!)

The other thing that irks me on these sites are the pretentious, "Im in a REAL college" types who constatnly belittle and insult people who have been taken advantage of. I know of MANY [censor]s who have been accepted into a University program; a real, 4 -year, public one(really, its no big deal) and who have successfully graduated. Sometimes it is hard carrying on an intelligent conversation with some of these "academics". Sure you get some really intelligent people at traditional universities, but to suggest that just because someone attends one assures that they are "at another level" is complete crap. Again, I know of more that a handful of "University material" students/grads and they surely are nothing to write home about in terms of cognitive abilites.

Really, at the time, all I wanted was out fo the dead end job I was working and to make slightly more(like, say 12-15 dollars/hour) CDI(now everest) promised all kinds of "job links"; "employer contact", "placements" etc. So I, confused and frustrated bit the bait. All of it was lies and it was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Anyhow, if I can say one thing to conlude this it would be to AVOID private colleges(all of them!) at all costs. Just do the traitional 4 year University program, or a 2-3 year community college if you must go back to school.

• Ke
    Kecia wright Jul 29, 2010

I am a student with Everest College-Phoenix Online and this school is a SCAM..Its all about the dollars and that's it. This school is very costly meaning if you have over 30, 000 to spend then please by all means enroll. I have been having problems with this school for the past 8 months when I asked them about money and what each class cost or a little thing like can I see how my money is being spent, in which you are entitled to see. All they want is the money and that's it. Your degree is useless as well as your credits. This school as depleted my financial aid to where when I go back for my bachelor's degree, I will have to basically pay for it myself whatever my grants don't pay. They give you the run around when you ask questions, by you talking to several people to where you get frustrated and you decide to go over there heads. This school is bogus and needs to be shut down and should have been shut down instead of allowing them to change their name 5 times. Please avoid this school. They are a For-profit school which means the more students they get the more money they get for you and see nothing in return. right now they are being sued for fraud which I just found out about before typing this. Do not and I repeat do not go to this school. We can all be mislead, we are human, but this human is not being mislead anymore. I have things in the works for them. Please stay from them..they are not good. look for a school that is nationally and regionally accredited because they are for you and not money and trust me your degree will be looked at instead of tossed in the trash.

• Uw
    uWILLluvIT Aug 18, 2010

THESE POST ARE HILARIOUS.

EVEREST COLLEGE IS ONE OF THE LARGEST TRADE SCHOOLS IN THE WORLD. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. THERE IS NOTHING ON PAPER THAT GUARANTEES JOB PLACEMENT. EVEREST COLLEGE GIVES STUDENTS THE SKILLS TO GO OUT THERE AND WORK. HOW MANY PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO GIVE SHOTS BEFORE THEY ENROLLED INTO EVEREST? HOW MANY STUDENTS KNEW HOW TO DO DENTAL EXAMANTIONS BEFORE THEY ENROLLED INTO EVEREST? ALL YA'LL SOUND LIKE ARE COUCH POTATOES LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HOLD YOUR HAND. THERE IS A RECESSION GOING ON? DID YA'LL FORGET?