Having problems with Eskom Holdings?

Eskom Holdings Customer Service Contacts

+27 118 008 111 (Head Office)
+27 860 037 566 (National Sharecall)
+27 800 112 722 (Crime Line)
Megawatt Park, Maxwell Drive, Sunninghill, Sandton
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Eskom Holdings Customer Service. Initial Eskom Holdings complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Eskom Holdings above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Eskom Holdings. Discuss the issues you have had with Eskom Holdings and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Eskom Holdings Complaints & Reviews

Eskom HoldingsLoad Reduction

I live in bramfisher phase 4. I buy my electricity monthly but in our community we have load shedding and Load Reduction . why must we suffer to have both load shedding and reduction while other communities do not have load reduction. Its unfair for our community to bear the brunt yet we pay for electricity like other communities. Please stop the 5hrs load reduction and give us a fair treatment . Just because we come from underprivilaged community it doesn't mean we don't have the Rights to Equality .

Let the be a Review on Load Reduction it violates the Right to Equality before the law and this unconstitutional.

Eskom HoldingsReconnection of tempering

Kindly assist with the above outlined discription. We made a paid to eskom on the 9 of november regarding reconnection of tempering of 6050.00, and called them of 19 of december after seeing that nothing is been done. They gave us a ref no [protected] and told us that case has been elevated to their management for further review and we will shortly receive a call concerning how soon will they be coming to assist with the matter at hand. So till now has happened we calling them day by day and they pick on promising that they will come the following day. So the residential no is 2059 ebony park extension 4 mbatha. We will be greatful if we were to be assisted.

Kind regards daniel

Eskom HoldingsBuying electricity which doesn't not last for a day

I called Eskom hotline last week a lot complaining about tht I'm buying electricity but it does not last for a day, I spent 400 last week loading it buying 100 each but for a day it does not last, I was told tht thy will send one from mabopane to check the problem but I never got help even now, now my meter box is showing 30 not working at all, I hve too much reference but never help [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected].

Eskom HoldingsNo electricity in my household since Wednesday the 11th November 2020.

I call customer service on Wednesday to inform them about my problem and they give me this reference number [protected] and my problem was not resolved. I call again on Thursday and they give me another reference number which is [protected], still my problem is not resolved. On Friday morning I call again and they said the technician is on his/her way to my house, then I call again at 11 am because no technician has arrived. They give me another reference number [protected] still waiting even now. I buy electricity coupon but I struggle to be help and those who r not buying electricity they get help fast. It mean I should be corrupt and connect electricity illegal because now food are decaying in the fridge and without electricity I failed to perform basic things such as cooking, using warm water etc.

Eskom HoldingsCall centre is the problem

We are having daily outages and have used all the options to log complaints but they are not being heard.

I send an sms every 2 hours when we experience an outage and get the standard reply proving it was delivered. Call centre operators take an average of 12 minutes to andwer and then pretend they cannot hear you or put the phone down whenit suits them.

Who is consolidating emails, call centre logs and sms. only when these are consolidated will the service improve. the CEO is being given only a portion of the complaints and there is one person earning a large salary who is deciding which portion to report on.

It is frustrating living on a farm and depending on electricity for security.

Its time for change.

Eskom HoldingsNo electricity

Hey.. I just called eskom early today.. I had a issue of no electricity since friyday... And im the only one who dont have electricity since friday in my village... The guy just cam and talk bad.. He just said he is not gonn help cz my electricity wires is not stable and the wire pole is not stable... He doesn't care whether we pay for electricity.. We must get our self a person to help us... Sinc now I dont have electricity... I hate this thing cz it's ablack person who does this... The reference for my issue is eskom reference [protected].
            The number plate of a car was nu 44188.. Date 05 october 2020

Oct 02, 2020

Eskom Holdings — Electricity box outside home not properly repaired

On the 12th may 2020 the box infront of our house burnt down to the ground and it took the eskom crew +- 1...

Eskom HoldingsPower cut

The Eskom guys came to cut our Electricity at 2am on Tuesday morning all because they had a disagreement with a few community members a day before, the painful part is that they cut even for us people that buy electricity, this was deliberate and I feel they were just trying to prove a point, but I think whatever point they were trying to make we get it now, it's been 5 days now and we still dont have electricity, this is not only affecting our pockets, but it's really frustrating. I am a resident of Protea glen extension 27, our community leaders have been going to the randfontein offices to try and resolve this matter, but nothing has changed. I dont know where else to go for assistance if the Eskom offices are unable to help us. I feel like our area is always victimized by Eskom because this is not the first time we are left in the dark like this. Please someone assist us.

Eskom HoldingsNot having electricity since early june 2020

Our electricity went off the whole area earlier in June and when it came back it was weaker suddenly it went off again and only half a block we then called eskom as usual we will be told that our meter numbers are being investigated and we do buy electricity we were told that they dont have electricians up until now there is no help its almost 3 months now and we are tired of asking people to charge our phones and help with putting our food in the fridges. We really need help we feel its it's too much now it would be understandable if it was the whole area but its not like that. Please help us with this we are staying in Sebokeng zone 12 ext

Aug 14, 2020

Eskom Holdings — Being charged for a point that was disconnected 5 years ago

After several requests to Eskom we finally got a final account on 04/09/2014 with email confirming move out...

Eskom HoldingsMy house has low voltage, can't run stove, microwave borehole pump tv.

My house has low voltage, cant run stove, micromave, borehole pump tv. Logged a call with eskom and was told that my meter number is under invetigation becuase I did not buy electricity for the last 3 months. I last bought r500elcetricity in april trying to avoid it running out while in lockdown because I dont live in this rural house as am based in centurion and am not home all the time. It is a known fact that people in my street in particular tempered with elecricity poles and thereby affecting voltage on my house. Now for the mere fact that I bought r500 electricity, eskom told me it appears as though I am stealing electricity because I am supposed to buy electricty every month and not buy bulk which lasts me for months.

Jul 02, 2020

Eskom Holdings — Security refund after moving out

On 14 Feb 2020 I informed Eskom that I have moved out of my property and asked procedure to claim refund. I...

Eskom HoldingsElectricity problems

Please hire people that know how to do their job, these guys from Eskom Ixopo know nothing. We've got no electricity since 12 June 2020 and they are unable to fix the problem. We need to charge our phones, iron our clothes, etc. Our fridges are now damaged and we are fed up with these guys. If they can't do their job, please get other people that can.

Eskom HoldingsElectricity problem

I stay at orange farm stand 10893 ext 8b
                      Eskom meter no is [protected]

We don't have electricity due to residents who cut the eskom line that supplies electricity to our site because eskom they don't have electricity due to their transformer and they failed with their toi toi and demands to eskom.

Now we paying the price for a dispute between them and eskom and eskom does not care.

EskomWaiting 3 days for eskom to resolve cable theft

Tuesday 19 May 2020, electricity cable was stolen, report problem to Eskom via sms, webside, leaving a massage and phone operator.
                        3 Days later still no power or feedback or progress.
                        The neighbours cable was also stolen and fix in 24 hours.
                        What is the problem that take so long to install a cable?
                        We are 24 hours at home and not one technician came out to acces the problem.
                        Please Help

Eskom HoldingsElectricity connection

I have reported faults to eskom since the 28th of April 2020. I have been provided with several reference numbers which have been closed without resolving the problem, until I insisted on getting help. I was informed by the technician that there is no voltage supply to my house which should have been done during installation. Ever since my electricity was installed in December 2019, I have never enjoyed using the electricity, the power comes and goes without trapping the mains witch. All my appliances have been damaged by this. I have children including a toddler of 1year 8 months, we don't have lights, and I cant cook because I don't have gas stove. I am suffering at the hands eskom when I have paid them full amount of installation of 60 Amp capacity. Instead of installing the right cables they install wrong ones and they don't even assist me well.

Eskom HoldingsElectricity supply

Morning! I am a resident Mabopane Block U Ext, which are RDP houses, a certain part of our houses have not had electricity for a period of almost three
                            months. Officials from Eskom came and did an audit in the area and found that some meter boxes having been tampered with, and that's not acceptable.
                            But as a paying member of the community, my suggestion is may Eskom please come and restore power supply to us and not to those who are at fault. Please!

Eskom HoldingsResponse to calls

I am a electrical contractor and does work in Ellisras area I have a problem with one of my clients meter and I am unable to contact eskom. I have send SMS, tried to leave voice call. Waiting on phone for how long but nobody answers the phone. Always in a queue.
                              Please supply me with a direct nr to someone that can assist me with this issue.
                              [protected]@ljelectrical.co.za
                              Or on the phone : [protected]
                              Regards
                              L J

Dec 17, 2019

Eskom Holdings — electricity supply

Meter number: [protected] Account number: [protected] I would like to formally complain about the service I...

Eskom Holdingsno electricity for 6 month 8

Orange Farm Ext 3, Sakhile Street has been out of electricity since February, Several attempts to get Palm Springs Eskom office to fix the issue have been unsuccessful even when including Vanderbijlpark Eskom head office. Soon its gonna be 7 months without electricity. Who can this be escalated to? Now one needs to buy processed food, small chunks of meat that you can cook and eat without it spoiling, you need to go elsewhere to charge you phone, try alternative means to warm bath water for kids, etc. This is totally not life that someone who pays electricity should be leaving under yet the budget is there to maintain transformers. Please help us to get this sorted.ĺ