ePassportPhoto.combad experience

This company offers to deliver prints of passport photos through your local Walgreens store, and actually violates Walgreens company policy in the process. We have an infant baby and found it best to take our own passport photos rather than try and get passport photos in a store. So we paid $6.95 through PayPal and went to our local Walgreens to pick up our pictures.

ePassportPhoto sent us this warning in their confirmation e-mail:

"When approaching the Photo Center ask for order # [protected] under the name of EPP LLC (do not mention that your prints are passport photos as a small number of Walgreens employees feel that ePassportPhoto.com is competing with Walgreens may have issues)."

This was a red flag for us and we were told that Walgreens cannot print 3rd party passport photos; they only process in house passport pictures. Obviously ePassportPhoto has a flawed delivery system and is not supported by Walgreens.

We have filed a request for a refund and notified Visa to file a complaint against ePassportPhoto.com. We are posting this complaint on-line in hopes that others do not have to experience the same problem.

• Bo
    Bob2010 Mar 20, 2010

Same thing happened to me. You would hope that this vendor has ties with Walgreens since they are using this option on their website but they don't. Stay away from ordering online. Just download the photo and print yourself at any store.

• Ar
    arandano Mar 30, 2010

Very similar story here and I'm filing a complaint with paypal tomorrow over the $6.95.

The Walgreen's I selected claimed there was no such order number. I wasted two trips to check. Both times the clerks were a little irritated that it wasn't under a last name or phone number, but they searched the bins and found nothing. I'm thinking that if it ever actually was sent, the person that printed them immediately dumped them when they saw they were from epassportphoto.com.

I emailed "customer service" back (I'm guessing this is probably one person operation). He/she told me to select a new Walgreens and they would send them there. This time, no confirmation number or time that they would be ready. I emailed a couple more times asking for confirmation, but he/she is no longer replying, and hasn't replied regarding a refund.

What I've lost: three days time to get my photos, two wasted trips to walgreens, and $6.95. Searching on the epassportphotos.com name and "scam" I'm also seeing people concerned that this is an elaborate phishing and biometric identity theft site. I'm not sure about the latter, but I do know that it's a lot easier to just show up at Walgreens, pay the $9 or whatever and get your pictures on the spot in a few minutes the legit way.

• Ta
    tazman999 Apr 27, 2010

this website also can create passport photos:
    it uses face detection

• Ge
    geekgirl Jun 16, 2010

I'm on board with everyone else filing complaints against epassportphotos.com, but my concerns were a bit different. Rather than send my order to a Walgreens, I have been waiting for nearly three weeks for photos to arrive in the mail and I'm still waiting.

After multiple queries, customer service finally responded and confirmed that they photos were sent. They then proceeded to blame the USPS for losing them, claimed to resend my photos, and still nothing. At last, in a badly worded email, they offered me an electronic coupon for a free order, which left me wondering whether I would be getting my photos at all. When I finally decided to try the whole process again, the coupon didn't even work at checkout!

Not sure if they think I'm foolish enough to try to pay for the same item twice, but at this point, I've decided to finally just hike to a photo center and get them on the spot. I guess one moral of the story would be that laziness just doesn't pay. But another moral would certainly be that if it sounds too good or too easy to be true, it probably ain't.

JohntyBoy Jun 19, 2010

Ordered Photos to arrive at home. The order confirmation email had no order number, phone number or dates when they would be delivered. Still though something will happen. But, nothing arrived.
    This company is a scam! What a waste of such a good idea!

Let me repeat: epassportphoto.com is a scam. Hope google picks up and people stop going to this site.

• He
    HeinzHH Jul 10, 2010

epassportphoto.com has indeed a seriously flawed delivery system. The original e-mail confirmation had no order number, no delivery date. When after two weeks no photos had arrived, three separate emails requesting clarification were not answered. Later they claimed "server problems". Then they stated the photos had supposedly been sent. Still nothing. Finally they even stated the photos had been "sent by 2 day express". Now, after ~ 6 weeks still no photos. Last email from them suggested that I must pick up my photos at Target or Walgreens.

manmath nayak Jul 27, 2010

I had a very bad experience with it. After i sent the photos and money through pay pal they wanted a different photo to be attached and sent.After I did that there was absolutely no response in spite of sending so many messages and asking return of money. Stay away.
    Manmath Nayak

• Li
    littlestella10 Aug 26, 2010

Ordered photos to be mailed to my home, after 8 weeks still nothing had arrived. I contacted epassportphoto.com's customer service 6 times and never got a response. I finally contacted PayPal and filed a complaint. The next day I finally got a return email from epassportphoto.com saying they have no records of my order. I sent them a copy of THEIR confirmation letter they sent me and a copy of the paypal receipt. A few days pass and still no response. I emailed them again, got nothing. After 5 days I contacted PayPal and updated the complaint. Within 24hrs I received an email saying "We refunded your money, have a nice day".

Wow, what a professional company! I am shocked, but happy I at least got my money back. I suggest more of you contact PayPal as well.

• St
    stephen port Sep 29, 2010

I agreed with all of them. what a scam epassportphoto.com! User tazman999 recommended http://idphoto4you.com. They claim to be able to take out shadow but it can not be done with their programing. I give up... looking for a photographer

• Ge
    gerrr33 Nov 18, 2010

I'm afraid epassportphoto.com is probably not to blame here, it's probably Walgreens. Walgreens are the ones who ignore your order, because competes with their business.

• Ar
    arandano Nov 19, 2010

I think you are missing the poing (re: I'm afraid epassportphoto.com is probably not to blame here, it's probably Walgreens."

The owner of epassportphoto.com (and I'm pretty sure it's just a one woman operation) knows full well that Walgreens doesn't want anything to do with her money making scheme, and they have every right to not enable her -- she's attempting to use their equipment to directly compete with them. Knowing this, she continues to send photos there trying to obscure her identity. When Walgreens finds out, it's the customer that loses - a wasted trip and then the bother of having to ask the woman at epassportphoto.com repeatedly for a refund, like I did.
    She should work out an arrangement with a retailer that is willing to work with her in the open and gets a cut. Not to try to cheat Walgreens out of a sale. Walgreens is not the bad guy here.

• Ka
    karish Dec 06, 2010

I just ordered from these guys and it worked flawlessly. They obviously process thousands of orders, so I guess it's reasonable that there have been a few glitches along the way.

• Zr
    Zrebel Dec 12, 2010

I ordered mine on Friday and have yet to get a confirmation email. Scam

• Ba
    babomba Dec 23, 2010

Never received the prints I ordered. The merchant did not respond to my complaint until I threatened to dispute the charge to my credit card. The merchant's response at that point was just a duplicate of the order confirmation. Eventually the merchant promised delivery by a certain date. When the prints didn't arrive by that date I complained again and was told that the prints should arrive in a few days. A few days passed and there were still no prints. Having read the complaints here, I decided to waste no more time and to dispute the credit card transaction. I received a refund on my credit card within about one day. I hope the merchant had to pay a chargeback fee to the credit card processor.

• Sh
    Sheldon Len Jan 17, 2011

I was hesitant before putting an order through ePassportPhoto. But boy, these guys were so good that I'm so happy I ordered through them - the response time for my order status inquiry was the fastest ever I got from any website.
    --Sheldon

• Us
    User9999 Jan 19, 2011

One month since order to epassportphoto and I never received photos ordered and paid through PayPal. No response by company at all, no confirmation of order, no response to my queries. I have a dispute in with PayPal. Stay away from this one.

• Bh
    bhavins Feb 21, 2011

This website is fraud. If you send an invalid photo (e.g. off-white background which may not be plain) and use Pro service to deliver it. They will still deliver it to you. They won't tell you that this photo will not work for you. Then what they charged for the service :D. While communicating w/ company about that you will get response like photo seems okay! It seems its only single person operation. They don't have contact no. :) and no address of company on the website.

saahar May 04, 2011

I order online today. No confirmation and no communication. I wish I have seen this page before. It seems epassportphoto.com is running scam.

• Sy
    SydneyResident Oct 06, 2011

I am convinced they are a scam. No confirmation, no response to emails. Have complained to PayPal.

• Sy
    SydneyResident Oct 07, 2011

I withdraw my comments about them being a scam. The photos arrived via a local Australian online photo service, SnapFish. Nevertheless I give epassportphotos demerits for no communication whatever

• Mk
    mkt3000 Jan 31, 2012

No problems with them whatsoever. Rather than paying for them to send the pictures, I just download the file (free), copy it onto a memory card (free), and go to the self service print counter, and pay 19 cents. That's it.

This isn't a scam, my identity hasn't been stolen in the 4 years I've been using this service (for passport photos, visa photos, and other ID photos I've needed), and I haven't paid more than the pittance it costs to print out at Walgreen's.

Hell, I've gotten the Walgreen's employees to cut the individual passport photos before for me at no charge.

• Ke
    keeeth Apr 25, 2012

After 4 weeks of waiting for photos, gave up and went to a local shop. In and out in 5 minutes. Can't believe I wasted time on this scam.

notryan Jun 08, 2012

Agreed. Horrible customer service. Also, website is misleading. Website makes it extraordinarily difficult to access the "free download" option. At the point of choosing either free download or pay to send to a drugstore, the "tabs" for free download are inactive. The pay to send to drugstore option is highlighted and appears to be the only active option. You have to search and find the small, faint "no thanks" button at the bottom right to get out of the screen that shows both options but will not let you select the free download, you must find the button and say no thanks to paying for the service. I was suckered into paying for the service because I did not see the "no thanks" button. At the screen to choose a drug store I could only choose a name of a drugstore, not a specific address. After I selected a drugstore, there was no further choice, I was told I would receive information when my pic was ready to pick up. I received an email later--the email was not addressed to my name, rather it was addressed to a name I am not familiar (not even close to mine). As well, the pick up address was multple states away. I sent an email to customer service (because there is no other way to contact the company) and received a response that my refund was fulfilled --no apology. I was so irritated by my experience I wrote a letter to customer service expressing my disappointment. The response, "thank you for your feedback." Will not use again.

Anonymous20001 Nov 28, 2012

Listend to the advice of mkt3000 and clicked the "no thanks" option at the bottom of the order page. The "no thanks" is easy to miss. They then try to get you to like them on facebook but you can skip this step also. You can then download your photos. I then uploaded my photo to the CVS.com website and paid 19cents. (Actually had 50 free photos so I paid nothing :) Amazing but if I hadn't seen mkt3000's review I would have paid the 8 dollars for 2 photos.

• El
    EllieLynne Jan 14, 2013

Walgreens is the problem here, not the service. I have a photography business and Walgreens refuses to print my photos, saying I stole them; didn't take my photos, even after I have proof.

• Ti
    Ticked-off Customer May 13, 2013

I had the same experience, except that the charge to my credit card was $11.95 and instead of Walgreens, it was CVS. My emails have been ignored and they're probably laughing at my requests for a refund. Save your self some heart burn and money, DONOT do business with this comapny.

• Ti
    Ticked-off Customer May 13, 2013

Terrible company... avoid them like the plague

• Ni
    Nitins30 Jun 26, 2014

Yes i did mistake that i didnt check the review on ePassport. Its really worse service. Yesterday i got mail that photo is ready t pickup in CVS i went their to pickup but come to know that they have not received so for and it will take 1 week to get to deliver.

I need urgently so i though to cancel my order their is no way to cancel order and no contact number to contact them.
    Name: Nitin Kumar

• Ne
    neha25 Jul 10, 2014

epassportphotos is a fraud website . Please do not use this website . They are ripping off everyone

• Da
    dabby May 19, 2015

www.xpassportphoto.com does it better, your passport will be delivered as promised

MarkO333 Aug 29, 2015

Terrible Experience. They sent my photos to Walgreen's for printing. According to Walgreen's policy they will not print anything that looks like a passport photo. This company has no business relationship with Walgreen's and does not disclose this information when you are placing an order.
    As far as I am concerned it is one big SCAM. Filed a claim with Paypal.

• Bi
    Bill Kirchenbauer Nov 11, 2015

I ordered with no problem and picked them up no problem BUT, the pictures were terrible. I looked like a human carrott. All orange. Let them know and never heard back. went to CVS and got four gorgeous pics for a dollar more than I paid epassport. comparison pic attached.

• La
    Laura Marran Jun 16, 2016

this is a lousy company. I waited three weeks, then they sent me to a CVS, then the photos were rejected by the state department! Argggh!

Jackie Sharp Mar 25, 2017

ePassportPhoto.com is a total RIPOFF. Charged $12.99 for 8 photos, when I went to Walgreens to pick up the photo, I still had to pay for the print, only got 4 photos on a 4x6.

Sandra JH Apr 04, 2017

My main issue is with the quality of the product. They claim to be able to produce UK passport-sized photos and the ones they sent were definitely the wrong size.

• Pa
    passportgirl Nov 14, 2017

My Suggestion: Use another site. Like others, i wish i had 'researched' this site before ordering. I eventually received my photos, but they were not there when promised. i sent several emails to 2 different addresses and received a 'computer reply' acknowledging my email and telling me to go to 'http:// ... with nothing else :( all 3 responses from them said the same thing.
    When i called Walmart to pick them up, fortunately the Walmart Associate was diligent, resourceful, and determined. They did not have my name nor the order # given me. She finally found my photos under a different order number and a TOTALLY different name., , , and only found them because she remember she had seen something from epassport and fouond it
    Take your business somewhere else !

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices