EntergyRidiculous Deposit amount!

J

Well a picture is worth a thousand words right? Look at the ridiculous amount of security deposit they wanted me to pay to open a new account! $2160 when my monthly bills are at $158! That is enough to cover me for 13 months of payment!

marion56 Feb 10, 2011

themasshole are ouy of control, and from what i heard if you pay your electric bill 12 months straight with no late payments, they are suppose to refund your full electric security deposit to you, from what i've learned they do give it back but in the form of a credit against future bills, no currency to you that you can actually spend to buy food and pay other bills, but as a credit toward future electric bills payable to only them, Just the thought of this crooked [censor] on how they handle bussiness gives me the shivers!

marion56 Feb 10, 2011

this company is out of control, and from what i heard if you pay your electric bill 12 months straight with no late payments, they are suppose to refund your full electric bill security deposit that they took from you but, from what i've learned they do give it back but in the form of a credit against future bills, no currency to you that you can actually spend to buy food and pay other bills, but as a credit toward future electric bills payable to only them, Just the thought of this crooked rule handlind my money and yours and how they handle bussiness gives me the shivers. apparently you dont get your electric refund deposit back in a form you can control after you pay 12 months straight on time, but you get in back in the form of a credit that they can use to their advantage, Pretty slick! I expected nothing less from them!

• Ah
    ahungarian Jun 26, 2015

Entergy is one of the worst company I ever had to deal with. I had to pay the deposit they asked for and right away. Upon moving I re-
    quested disconnection of service and they informed me that refund of deposit will take 6-weeks. Today I got an other e-mail that refund will take 60-days. What is the matter with this people.? They must have the slowest computer on earth or what.? Why I have to wait 60-
    days.? I need MY money NOW. I am on a meager Social Security and on a very tight budget. I will find a way to complain to the regula-
    tory authority here in Louisiana, but probably Entergy have them in their pocket. I saved all e-mails to and from Entergy.! I have other issues with Entergy, which I will take up with the after I receive my refund.

• Ri
    Rick420 Jun 29, 2016

I wonder what will happen that very moment these ignorant people realize that these extra deposits and the deposit amounts are regulated by the very people they vote for. Scenerio, you vote in the local election, your vote helps get candidate Doe to the local legislation. Legislator Doe approves a deposit increase in amount and allowed frequency. So the moral of the story here is, you're complaining to Entergy about a regulated fee that is approved by the people YOU put in office. Congratulations, this is why you live in LA or AR and continue to do so without realizing your local government is doing you wrong. You deserve this.