Enagic/KangenScam

T Review updated:

Kangen Water Biz.. a Sham.. and a Scam

What a mistake to go in the Kangen Water biz. Those 5 Kangen distributors that signed me up are total fricken ###. I suppose I’m the duped ### idiot fool again. It’s my own damn fault, that’s what I get when I deal with unscrupulous selfish mobbing nazish user trickster shysters. I played along and got played. I am such a dumb-###.

If I was going to do it over.. I would just a get a VitaMixer, for better results.. to get alkaline/healthy. And, I would’ve bought a down-scaled Kangen model on eBay. And, as for the general public, I feel that most could get better results by just eating more alkaline healthy foods, getting more exercise, drinking more water, reducing meat consumption and, avoiding processed foods, and smoking, etc (mainly avoiding the bad consumables).

Initially, upon learning about the water, I was interested, since I had studied about it over the last 15 years. So I knew all about the health benefits of alkaline water. Eventually, after being pressed about considering Kangen water, I did lot of due diligence, a week full-time initially. The product was 100%, but the business and buying factors failed miserably.. it was shoddy and unprofessional. I considered buying one on eBay, in-all, I was not going to buy one, and stated so.

But no, instead 5 of these distributors conference called me.. or as I see it mobbed or ganged-up on me. I recorded the call, and it’s available (email me falconx2050 at gmail). I am embarrassed and ashamed that I was shammed so bad, as it turned-out. Naivety. They filled me with pipe dreams. A bunch of grandiose sensationalist ###. They sold me on that I was going to sell these right and left, that they were easy to sell, they go on and on and on, and play themselves as friends. They talk about how I get a business plan. How many business plan books have they read? They can’t even write an executive summary. I saw that they biz needed a lot of work to get up to par. Having been in many MLMs and a business expert, I determined that with my savvy and hardwork it was bound to pay-off, or at least breakeven.

The whole business aspect did turn-out to be totally shoddy and unprofessional, so I went to work making my business first class professional. I never did get anything resembling a business plan. So I worked and worked, and my business was first class, but the business was still unviable, what a disappointment and waste of time. So meanwhile, they keep selling you on how you will be such a smashing success, and you work hard putting endless hours into it, reading everything you can, watching scores of videos, attending conferences, listening to conference calls, prospecting and just making a fool of yourself.

From a business stand-point.. Why wouldn’t prospects just buy it on eBay for substantially less? Duh.

I spend $15k and 500+ hours (3 months) on this business, and I sold one machine (I hope my one customer isn’t too pissed). 3 months after I bought the machine I realized it wasn’t even producing the correct pH water, it was a point off. Mean-while I had been giving people false claims. To think I was hyping this water and business is regretful.

To think I went so far out of my way for them.. irks me. I feel they are lowly shallow people just looking out for themselves, under the guise that they’re trying to help you. The betrayal, disloyalty and disrespect.. has pissed me off. They lead me down a dead-end. Their intentions may be good(?), however shallow, twisted and tweaked.. but they have crossed the line with me. I reckon they don’t have enough of a conscious to care enough about my life, yet they feign that they are your helpful friend, and talk about integrity, ethics and the like. The beast works in mysterious ways. I was conned. It was underhanded, trickery, deception, slight of hand and brainwashing.

Reverse Osmosis RO water isn’t so bad. The right RO system produces alkaline water. Much of their claims are not totally true, or true in only certain instances.. half-truths. Most of these ###s don’t know what their talking about. They give you the snow-job. They have some smooth operators in their little rat pack.

They say my sales systems are off, flawed and faulty, and incite that I am dumb, with slight or out-right haughtiness. They use fuzzy logic, flimsy promises, fluff and hand-you-off to their cohorts for manipulation. They expect me to join their bozo mob, and go trick, manipulate, smooth-talk, con & deceive others like they do. That’s beyond my moral boundaries. I feel I have a fiduciary duty to my fellow man.. so steer clear Kangen marauders. They are insincere, chincy and cheap. To think that they promote themselves as good people, your friend that’s are looking out for your best interests.. makes me sick. They are not true friends. They are poor advisors.

To think I put my name on this.. To think I put my time, faith, belief and trust in them.. I feel burned. They are: not upfront, pushy, amateurish.. some other words include: high pressure sales tactics, whimsical claims, slimy, sleazy, ganging-up tactics, boasting, running me over, wham-bam-thank-you-mam, on-and-on, fast-talking, getting me to go along, getting you all amped-up with hype, shady, tricky, word-tricks, conniving.. questionable business practices.. however crafty, deceptive, obscure or blatant. They are not above-board first-rate professionals.

Would never recommend this as a business to anyone..

My bottom line: The Kangen business is a bunch of cheesy grandiose sensational hype.

• Li
    lindasman Mar 26, 2011

Tigerwolf66 sounds like a whiner to me, and stupid one at that. If this was as bad as he says, his due diligence must not have been very good. If he was ganged up on as he claims, (which should have set off warning bells) he must not have much self esteem or strength of character to cave in if he wasn't convinced.

He just sounds like a blame shifting whiner.

• This is not a complaint.. but a very carefully written slanderous allegation with flaws, against a very reputable Company and it's representatives; Enagic Kangen. I know, as I have been connected with it for a good few months now, and this person's experience is so out there, it's just too surreal to be true. Sorry but, you get an APlus for the writing ability... but as for the rest.. hmmm... As with all good things, there will always be those who just don't ever get the point. And as for buying one on Ebay - you as a Distributor, would know that buying a second hand machine will make inoperative and invalidate the guarantee and all machines have serial numbers, so they can be traced back to their original owners. Red herrings abound in this 'account' of mal-treatment. You failed if you were indeed, a Distributor, mainly because of your attitude. I would be very interested to know what it was that you spent, $15, 000 dollars on .. and what did you actually do in those 500 hours.. which is actually only just over 20 days ... Whinge and whine? LOL.. this post is a joke.. and a total falsehood... wouldn't even stand up in a court of law!

• Pe
    PeaceMann Jan 14, 2013

They actually put Bleach and other chemicals in the Kangen water to reach the PH levels they use. I bought a unit, found out, and put the unit on ebay. Enagic is saying I am violating trademark and copyrights of theirs and pulled down my ad. I asked and emailed them the specifics and they didn't respond to that. I also said if that was true, nobody could sell used goods! Actually Enagic is violating my rights. You are allowed to use the copyrights and trademarks of a manufacturer under the 1st sale doctrine. They want you to buy their overpriced $4k unit that is full of chemicals and eliminate all competition, even their own used items, so they get $4, 000 directly. They are a VERY UNETHICAL company. Called all their numbers, got hung up on, put on hold forever with nobody coming to the line. Never delt with a company so horrible in my life.

AnnaDobro Jan 19, 2020

@PeaceMann I have Enagic Ionizer from 2013. It is the best Investment I have made for my health in my entries life. It is also one of the best business ideas and opportunities for a person who has Education to understand it and appraciate this amazing Technology and business model. How you can write this false information about bleach used in Enagic machines? Your post is very unhonest. Enagic is the company with highest qualities, ethics and standards in the world.

• Ro
    ronfrommission Aug 27, 2013

How do i get a sereal number checked? 1Y116763 its a Platinum 501

Thank you if anyone can answer!

• Ka
    Kangenwater Oct 10, 2016

I am a Enagic Distributor. There is NO BLEACH put into the water. The water is made by running first through a filter and then through a processes over platinum plates. These machines are the only ones with a medical device certification and also approved by the water quality association.Also I have heard reports of bad tasting water from some lower priced cheaply made competitors machines which ended up buying Enagic machines. Kangen water is the best tasting water in the world as far as I am concerned and it has done some great things for my health and there is no price tag for that. See my site to learn more: http://www.bestkangenhealth.com/
    For Restaurant and business uses see: http://www.myamazingwater.net/

• Mo
    MorganF Feb 21, 2018

I bought a Kangen and was told that it removed flouride and pharmaceuticals. I was even given a very nicely printed flyer stating these "FACTS"... it was the main reason why I bought the unit. After a few months of drinking the alkaline water I got a really bad taste in my mouth, literally. This was not the result of a cleanse detox, it was different. It felt like something was wrong with the water. So I switched to neutral pH and The Taste seemed to go away. Then when I had to replace the filter, I got online to purchase a new one and I kept searching and searching and none of the filters said they removed fluoride and pharmaceuticals like I was told. You had to purchase a completely separate filter canister along with another filter and then have it attached to the Kangen machine.
    When I called the company to confirm this, they said that indeed it did NOT remove fluoride and pharmaceuticals. So I told them that I was lied to by their representative, and wanted to return my machine . Their response was, " we are not responsible for what our Representatives tell you"... therefore tough [censor], you're stuck with your $3, 000 carbon filter machine.

So fine I kept it. I am utterly disappointed with Kangen as well as the Integrity of the people that sell their machines. I could have purchased the same thing on Amazon for $800. The machine is truly a ripoff, the price is jacked up to pay everyone in the pyramid yet they lie to make a sale and then can't back up their product.

P. S. I really wanted to love this machine

• Al
    Alkalosis Sep 30, 2018

Would love to find a joint lawsuit going on. Three grandchildren whose teeth have been destroyed from alkaline water. Another family member who has alkalosis with shaking hands and some other health problems after drinking this for over ten years. This is a horrible nightmare!

• Ti
    timothyl Dec 14, 2018

@Alkalosis they have been reported for online scamming and being investigated along with the whole bunch that are involved with them. they scammed my sister out of hundreds she was with them for three years. they left her homeless. they hopefully wont be in operation much longer and anyone that signs up with them is making serious mistake

• Ti
    timothyl Dec 14, 2018

@timothyl or rather it was another place, not this one, my error. I think this company is okay

• Al
    Alkalosis Sep 30, 2018

"Worsened nutrition deficiencies
    Like your body enzymes, the function of gut depends on body pH as well. Gut performs a wide array of functions ranging from digestion to nutrient absorption. Take vitamin B12 for example. It binds to a protein from a saliva and passes to the stomach. In the stomach, due to stomach’s acidic pH, B12 leaves that protein and binds with another agent called the intrinsic factor. This process is extremely critical from the absorption of B12 because the intestine only recognizes intrinsic factor and absorbs only that B12 that is bound to intrinsic factor. That’s why, people using stomach acid decreasing medicines and having undergone gastric bypass, which decreases the level of stomach pH, can’t properly absorb vitamin B12.

Now, imagine you drinking alkaline water daily. It will definitely make the stomach pH more alkaline and will not let it perform its necessary steps in B12 absorption. And that’s only one nutrient. Relying heavily on alkaline water can significantly alter the absorption of a bunch of other nutrients like iron, calcium, folate and so on.

In fact, results of animal studies have proved that use of alkaline water can cause significant growth retardation due to poor nutrient absorption from the gut (2).

Digestion malfunctions
    The common phrase the sellers would tell you is that the alkaline water helps in digestion to keep you healthy at all times. However, it is not true, as it actually hinders the normal digestion process. This is due to steep changes in pH levels. People who are over 60 years should not drink alkaline water as the digestion side effects are severe.

The digestion malfunctions are likely to lead to conditions such as hypochlorhydria. This is a sickness caused by calcium malabsorption, which gets worse with the continuous use of the alkaline water.

In fact, there is a well characterized syndrome due to the excessive alkalization of stomach. It is called milk alkali syndrome. In this syndrome, when the stomach acid is decreased a bit too much, the absorption of calcium gets compromised to dangerous levels. Decreased calcium levels can be dangerous because a normal calcium level is needed for proper brain, gut and muscle function (3)."

"The pH of your stomach varies, from 1-2 up to 4-5. When you eat, the stomach releases enzymes called proteases as well as hydrochloric acid to aid in digestion. By itself, the acid doesn't really do much for digestion, but the proteases that cleave proteins work best in an acidic environment or low pH, so after a high-protein meal, your stomach pH may drop to as low as 1 or 2. However, buffers quickly raise the pH back to 3 or 4. After the meal has been digested, your stomach pH returns to a resting level of about 4 or 5."

“If the bottled water has a pH lower than 5.5, then it has the ability to dissolve enamel, which is the hard protective outer layer of your teeth and the hardest substance in the human body, ” Robles says. That pH level varies between brands because of the different processes each company uses to make the water clean enough to drink. The added chemicals and filtration systems used ultimately affect how the water tastes and its final pH level.
    When it comes down to it, any water with a pH level of less than 7.0 is considered acidic, or harmful to the body. However, some of the most popular brands have a pH level of less than 5.5 — meaning it can dissolve tooth enamel, aka the hardest substance in the body."

Exposure To Alkaline Substances Can Result In Damaged Teeth

• Wi
    Wileyk Apr 24, 2020

@alkalosis I am unable to directly reply to your comment, for whatever reason, but I hope you see this

First off would like to say I'm sorry to hear you know people personally affected by alkaline water. However, teeth ruined is a broad statement. What was wrong with there teeth? I know as a kid I had a ton of cavities, even though I had good hygiene It's not uncommon. Also would like to say I'm not affiliated with the water in any way. I'm just trying to understand what you're arguing because I have been researching the water (both sides, the good and the bad, which is why I'm here) and from my unbiased opinion it seems that the negative claims are just as broad as they claim the good claims are.

What I also don't understand about this argument is if you're not supposed to eat or drink acidic foods for your teeth and you're not supposed to eat or drink alkaline foods, what can you consume? I think the idea is just balance. If this water was so dangerous wouldn't eating protein be dangerous also, according to your argument, because it drops the ph steeply. You even said the stomach buffers this quickly, so wouldn't the same happen with alkaline water. The stomach regulates the pH so Kangen water doesn't completely alter your stomach's ph, just like with other foods. So, if saying alkaline water should be avoided shouldn't people be warned to avoid soda too? Just trying to get what you're trying to share.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices