EmusicUnauthorized charges!

M

Signed up for a "free" trial. Realized this site had nothing to offer and canceled the same day. Now there is a $9.99 charge on my credit card. I am in the process of trying to get a refund, but I am not hopeful. Stay away from this company.

• Ho
    Holly Oct 18, 2008

I have contact the Better Business Bureau about emusic because they keep on charging me $19.99 each month even though I cancel the account every month after I see the charge they should never have given me.

I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and file a complaint about this company. This so is wrong, regardless of someone's financial situation (I don't have an extra $19.99/month whatsoever).

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT, you can do so online and it only takes a few minutes.

• Au
    Audrey Sep 28, 2008

I have filed a complaint with the BBB, with the Internet Fraud office and with my bank. I am also going to follow the advice on the following site: /URL removed/

Good luck to everyone trying to get their money back from this awful company.

• Au
    Audrey Sep 28, 2008

Absolutely a rip off - I've threatened legal proceedings now as they won't give me a refund for charging my debit card for over a year (since unsubscribing AND saying that they couldn't access that card anyway - and I never sent them any new details). I will take Ben Johnson's advice about the bank as well I think.

• El
    Ellie Holloway Jun 21, 2008

After recieveing a free trial for music and audiobooks with my ipod case for emusic, which i tried, i started getting $9.00 charges every week. Not knowing where they were coming from for a while i finally realized what i had done. At the time of getting my account i was finishing up for school and recovering from surgery and was unable to get back on my account to cancel it within the 14 days. Since the debit card information that was given to them hardly had any money i am now being charged around $80.00 for chargeing to my account and not having enough in the account to pay for it. Since then i have cancelled the account and i'm in the process of contacting them :/ but it's unlikely they will refund me the charges for $9.00 each week. I was also unable to download music recieveing an error every time and the selection of music was ridiculous they had nothing i had ever heard of. I am strongly against this company and don't recommend anyone getting an account with them. Please if i can do anything to get my money back i would really appreciate it. EMUSIC IS A SCAM DO NOT CREATE ANY ACCOUNTS FOR MUSIC OR AUDIOBOOKS!!!

• Da
    david Apr 29, 2008

i cant get them to stop billing me i dont use this emusic they dont answer the phone.

• Ta
    tayler Apr 27, 2008

o jeez, signed up for this recently (free trial) should I cancel immediately? I dont wanna get ripped off!

• Je
    jennie cunningham Apr 24, 2008

stop charging my credit card i've never used emusic and i recieved an email telling this account be closed but i'm still being charged

• Be
    Ben Johnson Apr 12, 2008

What I have done is gone into my bank with the confirmation email showing that they acknowledged the cancellation. It had the date and time on the email which was then cross referenced with the dates on my bank statement and the bank sprung into action with an instant fraud investigation. They advised me to start a new account so they can't hit me with further charges. I have since received a refund in full :o)

• Sh
    Shefawn Mar 25, 2008

I was charged $19.95, when I called emusic they told me to email them I did I still havent recieved an answer or my money back from them. I'm highly upset.

• Jc
    JCreamer Mar 14, 2008

Similar situtation with fraudulent billing. Tried to cancel and no response. Added huge charges to my credit card without any online showing of amount of charges or what they were for. Supposed to be free downloads, free audiobook, not so free at all!

• Er
    Erin Mar 13, 2008

I signed up for the free trial in October 2007 and canceled almost immediately. They have been charging my credit card $9.99 for 6 months, despite my efforts to cancel my account. I have sent them several emails requesting to cancel and got a response from someone named Alyssa stating that there is no record of my account ever existing. If my account never existed, then how/why are they still charging my credit card...

• Da
    David Milikin Feb 17, 2008

I just submitted a very angry email to this horrid company,that as stated by other consumers,uses deceptive and downright false practices.They don't have any phone support for obvious reasons.I also never got any free trial downloads and was billed after cancelling my "subscription" within hours of signing up.Shame on me for ever submitting my credit card info to this company.Meanwhile,I have spent hundreds of dollars on Amazon mp3 downloads,in the last three months,with complete satisfaction.They even have phone support,which as any online shopper knows, is vital to any consumer.I predict that emusic will eventually have a class action suit brought against it for there business malpractices.

• Pe
    Peter Kirby Jan 29, 2008

I had a membership for a year which expired in June 2007. I didn't like the fact that you had to use your monthly downloads every month or you'd lose them. No carrying over. Hence, I paid for downloads which I wasn't downloading. My fault. Didn't continue my membership. Got my December credit card bill, months after the membership has ended, and they have charged me for a full year membership without my prior consent. And the best part is that I can only cancel my renewal in Nov 2008! No refunds. Beware of these guys.

Joe Goodwin Jan 25, 2008

I was able to find a few songs I liked enough to have for "free" but before my trial period of "free downloads" was up, I upgraded to a new OS and lost the ability to download from eMusic. After a timely search for customer service and support I got no where except for an email saying that they "do not refund charges...as stated in the agreement" (which like all others is so long nobody ever reads them). I was forced to cancel my account and immediately got charged. This is bad business - downright under-handed and I hope someone files a class action suit. I would discourage anyone from getting into this trap. iTunes costs a little more but they are honest and aboveboard!

• Do
    Don Campbell Jan 25, 2008

Beware Emusic in my opinion is a ripoff "eMusic is a subscription based service similar to cable television or an internet service where one is charged independent of usage." What a crock! They charged me 9 months after I signed up for a one month trial...I never used the service and this is their response. I will never do business with them again! Don Campbell Mp3Allies.com

• Ed
    Edward W. Jan 24, 2008

I'm in the same bind. I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New York: http://www.newyork.bbb.org/

• Js
    Jsvonda Adams Jan 24, 2008

I want my money back because i dont use you for music someone took my information to do this and i want my money or i will go to the police about my money.