Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Complaint against unfair marking in test

H Oct 21, 2020

Hello,

My name is Husain Firoz.

I have joined EDI thinking that it is one of the best driving institutes but guess what I was wrong, now I keep telling people and advising them not to join EDI but join any other institute like Gladari or Dubai Driving.

I have India country license for more than 5 years, have experience in driving, I have attended all my training classes and than attended my test for 1st time which was with Mr. Majid and failed, than again took training and failed and than again took training for the 3rd time and again it was the same examiner Mr. Majid and he failed me, and at last again 4th time I appeared for test and Mr. Majid was there he took me for 10 minutes and in any try he did not even see the roundabout, and on the road, he signed given marks and failed.

When I looked at the marks that it was written that, did not adjust seat and mirror which I adjusted first after sitting in the car, for failing me he used the false marking. Mr. Majid put that did not check the mirror while braking or signaling on every try, I will definitely not gonna make this mistake after taking so much training and giving the 4th test, again this was false marking he used against me to fail. The trainer told me that to put your neck forward and show the driver or examiner that you are checking the mirror and Mr. Majid fails me by saying not to do this and I told the trainer ask me to do, so in the next test I did put the neck forward to check the mirror and move smoothly to check and again he put the same mistake, he even doesn't know what is right and what is wrong confusing me and using wrong marking to fail.

In the lane changing Mr. Majid put the marking and fail me and saying that you are more than 1 millimeter, now if from the right lane he ask me to go to U-turn to the last left lane and there are cars in front of me how can anyone in 1-millimeter turn go to the last lane that is 5th lane.

It is very disappointing, whenever test time he comes late and start my test after 10-15 minutes.

The worst driving institution n I have seen that never gonna recommend this to anybody.

My 3 months got wasted and RTA is about to expire, the unfair and biased judgment of the examiner spoiled my time and money.

This is very disappointing. Telling all my friends and relatives not to take license from EDI and will post this on social media.

I want to give the test with another examiner other than Majid, arrange it and i am sick of taking classes.

RESOLVED

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Nov 26, 2020

Dear Complaints board team,

Kindly close the complaint as there is no response received from the user.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 27, 2020

Dear Mr. Husain Firoz,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We completely understand your situation and would like to help you in this regard. We request you to kindly share your EDI registration ID for us to get in touch with you.

We would like to work on all possible options to address your concern. Hope to hear from you soon!

Warn Regards,