Elle Ragdolls / outrageous misleading pricing for ragdoll kittens

To Whom It May Concern,

Person under ElleRagdolls from Miami Beach, FL is misleading the public, posting $360 for kittens when in actuality it's a bait, when the kittens cost up $2, 000 to $5, 000!!! I emailed inquiring about the kittens and got this information...

I think this is against site policies. Not sure if she can be removed.

Da
Apr 28, 2019

Comments

•   Jun 04, 2019

Hi David,

This is Elle from ElleRagdolls!

On all of our ads that we post. We always put for our first sentence ”PRICING CAN BE FOUND ON www.elleragdolls.com”. However, Our Prices do range from Pet Quality to Show Quality. It's really what the family prefers.

The price that you saw for $360.00. Is actually the price to ”reserve” one of our kittens. Which is ALWAYS stated in all of the ads and on our website.

If ANY ”purebred” animal is priced for $360... It's always a scam and we recommend going with a breeder like us that is certified and registered.

We would also recommend reading through the entire ad before claiming things that are untrue.

• Ta
      Jun 06, 2019

@Elle Ragdolls I live in East TN. Friend of the family breeds them. Appalachian Ragdolls I believe is the name to search. I've seen the papers on them, great quality. Sells them for $700.00

• Ka

Hi,
    If you go on the website https://www.elleragdolls.com and read the Available/Pricing section, it is stated that the $360.00 is for the deposit of the kitty. Not the actual price. It's the deposit. The prices on the website range from pet quality to show quality. I'm a happy costumer of Elle Ragdolls. I was completely fine paying what I paid because I wanted the highest quality. She's he cutest little thing and I'm so lucky to have her.

• Ly
      Jun 04, 2019

Are you complaining because you simply couldn't afford a kitten from ElleRagdolls? That is ridiculous.

I personally have a kitten from ElleRagdolls and I couldn't get enough of him. He's everything to me. I could rave about Elle and her kittens all day. They have high quality Ragdoll kittens that are amazing.

Also, Elle is extremely kind and made everything for us nice and smooth. She's the best and I'm so glad I bought a Ragdoll from her and not anyone else.

Jun 04, 2019

@Lynn Berk Us too! We love our kitty from ElleRagdolls! We just got a Blue Bicolor from her. She is PPPUURRFFECCTION! 😍

Jun 06, 2019

@Lynn Berk Mayra Naseer I love my kitty from ElleRagdolls!! She is the best, honest kind person that I ever met .

• Ta
      Jun 11, 2019

@Daniella S I did too!!! My Blue Point is just puuurrrfect!! All I can say is you most certainly get what you pay for!!! I would not go ANYWHERE else!
    Signed,
    VERY HAPPY CLIENT

Jun 04, 2019

Nah, that's a CRAZY price for kittens. If you paid that much, Lynn, you got ripped off. As cute as they may be they are not over 2, 000 dollars, unless you intend to breed them. The fact that you're calling her out for "not being able to afford them so you mad" speaks volumes of your character, and I have to assume you are a friend of the seller.

Jun 04, 2019

@Vanth You should contact Ragdoll breeders in the state of Florida and you’ll find that paying that much for this breed is common. That’s just the price they go for.

Jun 04, 2019

@Daniella S I bought my ragdoll in New York, so you can tell me about "expensive" all you want. I have the ability to google prices in Florida. You were CLEARLY ripped off. Sorry you're salty about it. Try googling next time.

Jun 04, 2019

In addition, a quick and easy google search will tell you that's an exorbitant amount of money to pay for a ragdoll kitten. Are they made of gold and do they poop diamonds?

• Ly
      Jun 04, 2019

Since you said that you simply ”google searched” how much a Ragdoll kitten that tells me you have no idea how much one of these kittens costs. Contact any certified and registered breeder in the United States and these are going to be the prices.

Go ahead and do your research. You’ll be surprised.

And again, I loooooove my Ragdoll kitten from ElleRagdolls. I'm so glad and happy that I went with Elle.

Jun 04, 2019

@Lynn Berk Googling is pretty good at finding facts, maybe you're new to the internet.

Jun 04, 2019

I have 2 kittens from ElleRagdolls. It was so nice that I found her because all the other breeders are in the northern part of Florida.

The prices that they have are fairly typical. We have one Pet Quality and our newest female from her is Show quality. I love both of my cats equality but when you start to join the ElleRagdolls fluff, you can become obsessed.

Again, I had no problem with the prices, In fact I’d pay her double because my kitty's are completely negative for all the health conditions that Ragdolls can have. This was so important to me when shopping for one.

Honestly, go with a breeder that knows what they're doing, certified, and has thought health reports that are negative. Elle was my first choice!

• Re
      Jun 04, 2019

I do not know where you found her ad but my experience with ElleRagdolls was exceptional from before i put down a deposit to well after i received my little bundle of joy. I thought her pricing was spot on for the level of dedication and time devoted to my little bundle of joy.

@rebecca alianell Us too! We love our kitty! 💕💕

Jun 04, 2019

It’s not “bait and switch” when the $360 is clearly a deposit, which is a normal practice among breeders in order to reserve your spot on a waiting list. It lets them know you are serious about purchasing and not just thinking about it. Before picking ElleRagdolls I did my research and contacted various other breeders in Florida. I can assure you, each and every single certified Ragdoll breeder was not offering their kittens for less than $1900. You’re not just paying for a “cat”, you’re paying for several factors that are indicative of an honest breeder, including a beautiful cat with a wonderful temperament. If you’re looking for a purebred Ragdoll cat with a lineage of evident pedigree (supported by documentation) that is bred using responsible and ethical practices and is hand raised with all the love in the world, then you are going to get what you pay for. If those details are not important to you, then I can understand why you think paying $2000+ for a cat is “crazy”. And to be honest, I’ve never, ever in my experience met a breeder that offers any dog or cat for only $360. I have a multigenerational Australian labradoodle also, so I’ve had my fair share of interactions with breeders.

As per your comment “you must be friends with the breeder” the answer is yes! I think almost everyone that has purchased a kitten from her has become friends with her because of how loving, caring and sweet she is. Her kittens are like a part of her family and she wishes them to go to good families who will love them as much as she does. She makes it a point to have a relationship with the families and offers endless support and advice. Finding a good breeder is hard to come by and there are so many scams and people trying to rip you off on the internet, but Elle is definitely NOT one of them.

Jun 04, 2019

I'll throw this in for reference:
    Elle's Pricing: https://www.elleragdolls.com/pricing

Three other FLORIDA ragdoll kitten sellers pricing:

Enjoy looking at the price differences and realizing that Elle is obviously overpriced. I paid $1, 899 for mine in NY, so I'm aware they're not cheap. But this speaks for itself. If the original poster thought he was paying 360 for one of these, he didn't do his research. But... I stand by saying that Elle's kittens are definitely overpriced.

Jun 05, 2019

@Vanth ElleRagdolls is one of the only TICA & CFA certified Ragdolls Breeder in Florida. Not sure about the other two, but I know Sunny Shores Cattery is (I contacted them) and their pricing varies between $1500-2500 depending on the markings, colors etc. So, for the cat I wanted I was quoted basically the same thing I paid for Luna. And if you paid $1899 for your cat, you’re literally arguing about $200.

Jun 05, 2019

@Cristine Jimenez I actually just did the math (I’m awful with numbers) but you are arguing about a $61 difference.

Jun 05, 2019

@Cristine Jimenez I'm pointing out that Elle, in comparisson to 3 other florida ragdoll sellers, is overpriced. She charges $2, 850 for a cat others would charge you $2000 for. I'm not sure what's so difficult for you to understand?

Jun 05, 2019

@Vanth I’m not sure why you’re being so rude? Everyone is subject to their own opinion and if you don’t like her prices you definitely don’t need to buy one from her, it’s that simple. Love and light to you Vance. This exchange with you has been the biggest waste of my energy. Anyone else who is reading, ElleRagdolls is an amazing cattery and you will be very satisfied with their service and their kittens.

Jun 06, 2019

@Cristine Jimenez I’m agree with Christine, ElleRagdolls is the best And we are very satisfied with her service and kittens. We are a big family and stop been so rude.

Jun 07, 2019

@Mayra naseer That's great, and I'm sure everyone here (and even Elle herself) are lovely people. I'm not arguing about how adorable your cat is, or how great Elle's service may be. You may continue calling me rude for simply bringing attention to the fact that her prices are higher than anyone else's, but it still remains a fact. If you want to pay nearly $1, 000 dollars more for excellent customer service, that's absolutely fine too!

Jun 10, 2019

@Vanth Elle's kittens are from Show Quality and Champion lines. The parents are never (should never be anyway) from anything less. If you get a $2000 cat you hope it was from quality parents who are either shown or have the bloodlines and markings for show. It's actually all explained for you on her website. I know breeders who don't follow these standards and they charge around $900. These are kittens from Champion bloodlines (if at all) too far back to count as quality, and they never show their cats. Look at her website and compare to "backyard breeders" in Florida. There's the difference.

Jun 05, 2019

I'm sorry you find me stating facts rude, it's not my intention. My only intention at this point is to show that Elle's prices are much higher than that of other Florida ragdoll sellers. Which is a fact.

•   Jun 11, 2019

@Vanth Hi! Vanth, It's Elle from ElleRagdolls.
    Thank you for writing your opinions out for us to see. We appreciate all of your comments that you have regarding our Boutique Cattery. We take all of your ideas and comments into consideration. Thank you!
    - ElleRagdolls

• Sp
      Jun 10, 2019

Hey, why don't you just adopt, instead of making MORE cats when the shelters are 300% over max capacity? That's an idea! It's also like $20! WOW!

• Mi
      Jun 11, 2019

$360.00 or even $700.00 does not even come close to what it takes to raise up kittens.

I paid $950.00 for my very first Ragdoll and never received papers and once my cat reach 2 years old it sadly passed away from FIV. AT TWO YEARS OLD! Do you know why? I'll tell you...Its from HORRIBLE breeding! I thought I was getting a huge deal (the deal of a lifetime) and later when my heart was invested I suffered the consequences.

Paying $1950.00 is a typical price for a Ragdoll and its really the LOWEST price that a Ragdoll breeder will quote you on. Because I learned my lesson the FIRST TIME I wondered why some kittens were listed at $1950.00 while others are listed higher. I learned that its because of the Lineage and the pedigree of the Dad's and Momma cats. Sure this might not be a big deal for you but since my horrible experience I wanted the BEST OF THE BEST.

There are other wonderful breeders in Florida but none in South Florida that are registered and certified. I reached out to ElleRagdolls and there was an IMMEDIATE connection. I could tell just by everything they do that these kittens/cats were the very Apple of their eye. I ALSO NOTICED that none of ElleRagdolls cats/kittens were ever in a cage or caged. In fact, they didn't even have a cage in their home. These THINGS were huge to me. I also was completely impressed with how knowledgeable Elle was about this breed that she simple adores. She loves what she does and it quite contagious when you talk to her about it. #ThefluffisON

Needless to say, I have a Ragdoll from ElleRagdolls and I am SOOOOOO happy with my experience with them. Elle is patient and kind and she makes you feel like family. She is always there when I message her and enjoys posting photos of my handsome bluepoint on the @ElleRagdolls Instagram and Facebook. I know that ElleRagdolls is considered a boutique Cattery but my family and I are so excited for ElleRagdolls future.

THANK YOU ELLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR US AND CONTINUE DOING FOR ALL OF YOUR CLIENTS. MY FUR BABY MEANS THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME AND YOU GAVE ME THE GREATEST GIFT. THANK YOU!

Jun 12, 2019

ElleRagdolls is absolutely amazing! This is the only TICA and CFA certified Ragdoll located in South Florida. All the other TICA certified breeders are in the Northern part of Florida. Which is great, but super far away.

We were so thrilled that we found this cattery when we did. Elle produces top quality cats and it shows with the Parents that she decides to buy. You can tell just by her website site and social media that this Ragdoll breeder is KILLIN' IT! She knows her stuff and she's reaching her goals that are headed towards the stars.

I read some of Vanth's messages and honestly Michelle is correct, $1950 is really the lowest price that a breeder is going to quote you on. You have to take into consideration many things. If price is a big factor for you I would recommend saving a bit more to buy a Ragdoll that has an unbelievable pedigree which means you will be getting an all around better Ragdoll kitty.

When shopping for my Ragdoll I wanted a jaw dropping, hearts filling, and Instagram famous Ragdoll. I got that with a kitty that I bought at ElleRagdolls. Healthy, Lovable, amazing, cuddly, best friend, and total heart breaker!

The service is impeccable and once the sale is made she will always return your calls, messages, emails, etc. She treats you like family and I got an amazing kitty out of it. I always recommend my friends to her and some have joined in on the ElleRagdoll fluff! Also, I love her hashtag #ElleRagdollsItsAThing

100000000% Happy with my Show Quality Cat that I got with ElleRagdolls. Thank you Elle!

• Li
      Jun 12, 2019

I've literally been obsessed with ElleRagdolls for sometime now. I follow them on Instagram @ElleRagdolls and see everything that they post and I'm forever hooked! I finally was able to convince my husband to buy me one. I'm on her list for her Summer Litter with Queen Foxy Jane to get a Mitted Bluepoint just like Luna pictured below. I'm so so in love this cat!!

A couple things I noticed about ElleRagdolls by simply just following them on social media.

1.) The cats are simply incredible and gorgeous
    2.) All are Healthy
    3.) None are caged
    4.) You can tell Elle enjoys/passionate in what she does
    5.) They use the very best products (Like cat dry food, wet food, vaccinations, vet visits, probiotics for the moms, vitamins, litter, litterboxes, she bathes them) Sorry, but that right there is a bunch of $$$$$
    6.) She's always is posting photos of past kittens. It looks like everyone has kept in contact with her and sending her posts. (Ha! What breeder does that?)
    7.) She always available and extremely patient
    8.) Elle Loves Ragdolls and enjoys educating her fans about this breed that she adores.

I'm bouncing with joy for my kitty from ElleRagdolls!
    - Happy and excited customer