Eivans PhotographyTerrible company

I don't want anything from this company. I just want to say that I was also threatened by the owner with a lawsuit for expressing dissatisfaction with the services his company provided. He also made a comment that he knew where I worked which was really threatening and I recorded that comment. I also kept all of the e-mails he sent me which were threatening as well. This guy wanted me to sign a statement indicating that he could sue me if I said anything else negative about his company. I will say that the photographer he sent was great. He captured the essence of what I wanted the day to be like. My complaint was with the design of the album and the lack of communication and direction I was given to help design the album. I was never shown a proof of the album before it wasw printed. The owner just called me up and told me the album was ready. I didn't think that I had any recourse so I just said I was satisfied with the album. I posted my dissatisfaction with his service on the YELP website and that is when my problems began. I was contacted by the owner who offered to print the album over and I was very impressed with his offer and I felt he was a good person but then he decided that I had to sign a statement indicating that I was stating libelous things about his company and that I coulod not expres my opinion about his company anymore or I would be sued. I refused to sign that statement and he refused to send me my proofs back and I had to get an attorney and threaten to file a lawsuit and file a complaint with the better business bureau in order for him to give me my proofs back. I have since had the album created and printed by another photography company and they did a great job. They worked with me and listened to what I wanted and the album is beautiful. That's all I wanted from Eivan's was for them to listen to what I wanted. Yes, I was emotional, but I am not a photography expert, that is why I hired his company. I needed direction from him on exactly what I needed to do in order to have the album capture what I was trying to capture that day. Instead, he made me out to be the villian because I expressed dissatisfaction with is company. All I did was tell the truth and I have the documentation to support what I said. Again, the photographer was excellent. I would definately recommend the photographer but I can not recommend Eivan's photography company due to the poor customer service that I received from the owner. If you are one of the lucky ones to not have a problem with his company and you do not have to resolve any type of disputes, then fine. But, if a problem arises and you have to resolve a complaint with him, he has poor customer service recovery skills and it's not worth the hassle.

• Ts
    TSNelson Aug 30, 2012

It is unfortunate that in 3 years their customer service has not improved. I was one of the unfortunate customers and I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have never dealt with a more abrasive owner than this one. There was one hassle after another. It has been a struggling getting them to honor the products included in the packages details as written in their brochure and also on my contract. I too have endured insult after insult and suttle and not so suttle threats. The customer service is absolutely deplorable. I am considering pursuing a formal lawsuit against the company as even in the BBB complaint they failed to acknowledge how they did not deliver the product as promised and contracted. I'm glad that you were able to have the final product that you desired. I'm sorry for the hassle you endured. I wish that I had read your review and those similiar before I chose them as my photographer/videographer.

• Ts
    TSNelson Aug 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience.