• eftours Jul 09, 2010

Dear jjtansley —

I'm sorry to read your comments here, and I take exception to the complaints about our company. EF has been creating outstanding international experiences for teachers and students for nearly 50 years, and we take great pride in the enormous value we provide our student travelers. More than 94 percent of our group leaders recommend our tours, which speaks to the value and quality of our tour experiences.

Our top priority at all times is the safety and security of our travelers, and all of EF's educational tours are well supervised. In addition to the group leaders, we ensure that groups have the proper number of adult chaperones and we provide an experienced tour director, who accompanies the group 24/7 throughout their tour. We also have hundreds of offices around the world, in order provide additional staff assistance on sight, if necessary.

As for the flight situation, we were in regular communication with your daughter's group leader to make sure that she and all of her student travelers were well taken care of and had everything they needed. All groups have an Emergency Contact List, which can be initiated at the group leader's discretion to communicate with parents. We're glad that everyone was safe at all times and that the group was able to resume its tour the next day.

We also have been in regular communication with your daughter's group leader on tour, and we have a full understanding of what has transpired on their tour. Student travelers and parents should be well aware of the policies and consequences that we clearly spell out and that they agree to before tour. Group leaders are in charge of the supervision and discipline of their student travelers, and we fully support this group leader's decisions in the best interests of her group's safety.

I'm disappointed that you're not satisfied with our company. If there's anything else we can do, please feel free to call our Customer Service Department at [protected].

Eric from EF

• Jj
    jjtansley Jul 05, 2010

Do not trust your child with these people!!! They are scam artists. They take your money, and dont deliver. They do not communicate with parents, dont care about the students once they get your money. They do not refund, the tour guides do nothing. There is no supervision on these trips!!! Please...dont get scammed like I did. I am out thousands of dollars...The kids were on an Iberian Airlines flight that almost crashed-the engine caught fire, and the flight was aborted. Never got one phone call from anyone-we found out on you tube...They take your money and run...dont go!!! Dont trust your children with them.

• Ps
    psycat Jun 28, 2010

I recently went on an Ef Tour: The hotels we are booked with DO cheap out on the food, I will tell you that now.

Our tour guide was an Irish man by the name of Wesley Lawler: awesome guy. Socialized with everyone in the group, knew where he was going and what to do there. Just one small problem...He got drunk on occasion (once his job was over for the day). I didn't have a problem with it, he was hilarious when he was drunk--unfortunately, he flirted pretty vicariously when he was under the influence of alcohol. A wink or five is a pretty big deal when he does it to a tipsy seventeen year old he bought drinks for (me). [Let me make this clear, he bought three rounds for the table, not just me, so it was fine. ]

[For those of you who read Macbeth, he was the Porter (For those of you who have heard the audio of that Shakespearean play, he sounded just like him too XD).]

Alright, so we have "meh" food, good hotels, and a tour guide that drinks a little once his day is over.

The tour itself was very expansive and full of free time for my teacher to show us around the city (he's a well traveled man so it was no problem). Going during Fifa was an awesome experience: got to attend one in France during a home game. Got some stories there :).

Our teacher complained about Wesley's drinking and EF responded by firing Wesley (whom I feel for) and getting us a courteous part time tour guide to finish our tour up.

Um...our bus driver, Karl, was amazing. Very safe...He yodeled to music sometimes, which was funny. :3

I lost about nine pounds while on the ten day tour. It did me good.

Got to see the world. All in all, that's what I wanted. You want better food? Well, you DO get what you pay for.

A tour guide is luck of the draw.

Some hotels down right suck. You aren't in there that long.

Check out the metro for free time transportation while you're in Paris or Germany.

Make the best of your tour and time.

That's about all I can say. I enjoyed my tour. :D

• Su
    supersonic123 Jun 22, 2010

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated and disappointed I am with this whole EF Tours trip my son is on right now. 30 hours in airports - combination of weather, airlines AND EF Tours. Closed on the weekends with an emergency hotline and was told that my call was not an emergency even though no one could give me confirmation of a flight, when it was leaving or when they would finally get to their destination. Because our group was almost 2 days behind, they were rushed through Rome and were not allowed to take pictures or even visit the souvenir shop at the Vatican. They were given 20 minutes to get and eat their lunch that they had to pay for. The tour guide making 100.00 a student is rude. I have scraped to make this possible for my son, $4000.00 after all the fees, upgrades, this and that and the calling card which is VERY misleading and not just my son, but the whole group are miserable and want to come home. My son has plenty of friends that has nothing to do with this whole scam! Good thing they have a sight for the parents to go on and see what their children have done for the day. Here is the only picture taken on day 2. Lots of effort into this one . . . . this was taken by the tour guide who is getting paid about $4000.00 for 10 days . . . .

• Mi
    misshc Jun 10, 2010

I'm going on a 16day tour to france next year.
    I know people who went on the last one the school offered and they had absolutely no complaints. The point of the trip is the experience a different area and if you go with friends it's even better. I really doubt your kids had an awful time. What kid will be upset about a tour when they're out with their friends exploring a new country! Either they have no friends or they don't know how to enjoy themselves..

Food, if food is that bad, the company does tell you to bring your own money for food!!
    and what student really cares about eating?
    just make sure to buy snacks..

hotels? they tell you that student won't be staying at high end hotels.
    you should really read the fine print.

you're getting what you paid for.
    so don't complain

• Ms
    MsNJS Jun 10, 2010

I am 21. I went on a EF tour in June 2009 to Italy and Greece. I had an amazing time. We had a reschedule. The cruise was supposed to be at the end of the trip but we took it in the middle because of scheduling, not a big deal in opinion. Food was okay but as someone says they try to give you something that everyone can eat. If you are unsatisfied that is what money is for. We were pretty much on schedule for everything. Nothing was canceled. Hotels were are decent. I had an air conditoner problem with one but that is because I could not figure out the remote.

I thought the price was reasonable, especially since everything was planned for us. I paid about $3100, with the add on cruise.

Flights to Rome a year from now at the cheapest are $1, 014. $1, 685 for a hotel in Rome 12 days. You are at $2699 with out activities, transportation, food, or tour guide. So whoever said you can do it cheaper independently must have someone on the inside.

EF Tour Disappointment May 22, 2010

I am an adult and just completed a 14 day European tour sponsored by EF Tours. I was shocked at what went on. Several times, we were left in situations wondering what to do. Poor planning and an awful tour guide left us in dangerous situations. The police were even called one night due to misunderstandings regarding the payment of the dinner bill.

We stayed in below par hotels for most of the trip. Do not stay in "Ocereanis" in Athens, Greece. It has scary lighting and bugs besides being very dirty. Also, do not stay at "Albergo Grifone" outside of Venice, Italy. It has visible black mold in the hotel rooms and smells moldy. We also stayed at other disappointing hotels that came with used soap bars if any at all. I really feel the students were taken advantage of. The cost was very high compared to what the group received.

Parents trusted their children to this tour group but please don't. We (the adults) spent a lot of time taking care of things the tour group failed to take care of. Please use a different tour group for your precious children.

• En
    enemend May 12, 2010

Absolutely true. I experienced the worst 12 days of my life (and a ridiculous waste of $3000) on a trip to Spain with them.

Here's my review: http://www.woley.net/2010/04/13/ef-tours-the-travel-scam-of-the-day/

• Dy
    DYens May 07, 2010

Rora, sorry you had a bad experience. I went on this tour last year and had a great time. Not sure if you read all the literature that was given to you when you signed up. It clearly states the protocol for tipping. I have been on different group tours and they were all the same. Not sure why to thought 190 euros would be enough, one always needs more in case of emergencies. I agree the food was not great. We had differnt forms of pizza three nights in a row and we discussed this with out tour guide and he fixed it immediately. Hugo was awesome!!!

I think many people who have posted comments on here do not actually read the literature they were given when signed on. I second what Gehrig. Read everything and communicate with your consultant!!

• Je
    Jennaz Apr 30, 2010

I've taken 5 trips with EF and have never had the problems that any of you describe. The food isn't the best, but when you're traveling with teenagers it's more important that they EAT than for them to try new foods. The times we did have regional specialties, the students didn't care for the food, and thus wanted to eat again after dinner.

We've had a couple of sketchy hotels, but nothing that made me feel unsafe. The company has always gone above and beyond to make sure that as many of my requests are met as possible.

It certainly helps to have an experienced group leader who knows how the tours run, what to expect and what "secrets" the parents need to know (basically what the parents might miss when reading the terms and conditions).

They ARE a budget student travel company. Try to find the comparable tour itineraries through some of the other companies and you'll find them CONSIDERABLY higher.

• Ke
    kerico123 Apr 17, 2010

I am a parent of 3 children stuck in Italy due to the Iceland Volcano, The tour ended today but flights are cancelled. EF Tours has put up the high school group at ef tours expense, gave them a tour guide and bus to use untill they come home which NO ONE has any idea as to when that will be. EF TOURS has been great at taking care of our children.

• Co
    Colin Adams Mar 25, 2010

I warned all and sundry about the perils of travel with EF Tours last year.

Unfortunately, still, many school kids and college students are being overcharged for sub-standard trips.

Every component of EF Tours tours can be booked via the internet direct or with various "normal" tour companys and or airlines at a copnsiderable saving - even allowing for all of the "freebies and overrides given to teachers.

If anyone wants further information or help in arranging anything, contact me. - [email protected]

Regards

Colin Adams

• Ro
    Rora_C Mar 24, 2010

I completely agree. EF stated that after payment everything would be covered on the trip. However, my first day in France the tour guide and group leader demanded that I pay them 85 euros! 51euros for tip, 35 euros to see the Eifle Tower and 5 euros to go to a museum. The money I brought with me was for lunch and a few small souvenirs (I only had 190 euros and I was originally only to have 110 euros).
    My group was supposed to go to gardens and shops around Paris, but by the time we got to those areas everything was already locked up and closed for the day. Our tour guide wasn't pleasant either. She only socialized with us when she had to. During free time she would completely avoid us and pretend she did not know us. She also was not very knowledgeable about cheap shops and shops with cheap, delicious food. She sent us to shops that were mediocre and expensive. For someone like me (a person in debt and with a budget), this trip was rough. For privileged students who have excess money, this trip was magical for them, especially the shopping where they spent 80 euros and 3 pieces of clothing.
    On the 4th day of the trip during my free time, I happened to over hear an old, happy couple say that the food on this trip was so delicious, "not like when [they] went on the EF tour" and "the food was hardly edible". While traveling through Paris, Normandy and Brittany, I have heard many similar complaints from travelers about EF. I had thought EF sketchy before when I found out from the tour leader that they could not contact the company and only the company could contact them.
    The flight to France was fine, but for some reason we were made to fly from Atlanta, Georgia to Cincinnati, Ohio where we had a 5 hour layover and then flew to Paris, France. However, on the returning flight we did not stop in Cincinnati, but went straight from Paris to Atlanta.
    Upon return to the states, we were given only an hour to get through Customs and Security in Atlanta, and many of my classmates had to recheck their luggage. We had already messaged EF weeks before stating that an hour would not be enough, but they were adamant and said that an hour would be more than enough time, and if we needed more time, the plane would wait for us. That of course did not happen and the plane we were on was 20 minutes late due to lack of an area to disembark. It took 10 minutes to get off the plane and in line and one hour to wait in the line to be able to go through security and recheck our bags, so we obviously missed our flight.
    It took another 2 hours to rebook and find a place to stay until our flight which we had to wait 28 hours for.
    As soon as we missed our flight, we were no longer EF's problem. We were stuck with the airline company that EF had chosen for us. They were kind enough to give us hotel vouchers for the next 36 hours and a ride to the Inn. Everything seemed to be smoothing out again and the workers at the Inn were very kind given that it was about 2 a.m., but when the day staff came in for their shift, everything seemed to fall apart again. They were rude and refused to even look at the vouchers, so we were kicked out and ended up in the airport at 2:30 p.m. where we waited for the next 7 hours to go home. In the end we all landed safe and sound, agrivated, in tears, exhausted, hungry, and relieved to be home at 1a.m. on a Wednesday with the start of school in 8 hours.

MARCIAMARCIA Mar 19, 2010

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! I just found out today that my daughter's tour was cancelleld 2 weeks ago, however, EF Tours just collected $1, 200 from me yesterday! No they are refusing to give me back my money. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the Attorney General. I will be filing one on Monday!

• Ki
    Kimber Reddick Mar 12, 2010

It is a Friday night, and my son is stranded in Atlanta, Georgia. His group flew out of Kansas City to Atlanta this morning. EF booked them with a 40 min. layover in Atlanta. Due to bad weather, they missed their flight to Spain. All of the parents here in Kansas are trying to get ahold of someone with EF to see if they are going to help our kids. So far the only answer has been that no one will be available until Monday to help. It's along time from Friday night to Monday morning!!! In the mean time our kids and their teacher are on their own. We are responsible for all cost involved until they arrive in Spain. The last we heard from their poor teacher trying to get them booked on a flight, is it may be as late as Monday until they get a flight to Spain. One parent accidently called a different tour company, and was told they had someone who works all night trying to get new flight arrangements made. Unfortunately, all of the people with EF educational tours our home snug in their beds getting a good night sleep. Please take my advice and avoid EF educational tours. I see many positive post, but they are from people who did not run into a real problem. You really dont know if you have a good tour group, until they have to prove their effeciency. EF educational tours have been tried tonight, and they are SORELY lacking.

Matty81 Jan 21, 2010

Who says that those tours are expensive probably do not know the world's economical situation. Today's (Jan 21 2010) EUR-USD exchange rate is 1, 41. This means that with ONE US dollar you barely get 0, 67 Euros (including commissions and banks exchange rates).
    Now please convert the money a normal traveller pays with EF, and try to get the same you get on an EF tour arranging things by yourself (flights, hotels, tour guides, 24/7 tour director, entrance fees, bus transfers, dinners, ...). Can you get the same for a price which is at lest close to the EF one? Europe is no longer as cheap as many people think, even more expensive than the USA on a 1:1 rate. Please keep this in mind when you talk about prices.

Does anyone have an idea of how much a meal is in Rome? Unless you go eat in big chain's fast food restaurants (average price 7 Euros) an average meal in a touristic place will cost you AT LEAST 15/16 Euros (over 20 USD).

EF is one of the largest tour operators in the world, they know what they sell and when people have "surprises" from them it mostly is because they have not read all the terms and conditions in the contract.

Everything I mentioned above is not "assumed", all information are real and personally experienced.

Enjoy EF as the students tour company it is...

• Ge
    Gehrig Dec 14, 2009

The majority of complaints in this thread are due to very poor communication between the organizing teacher(s) and their students and parents. Many times teachers organize these tours through EF never fully understanding what they are getting into. I have led many, almost 2 dozen, tours and it is very easy to avoid almost all of the complaints I am seeing in this thread. Know before you go what you are getting. Be sure your paying participants understand. EF, for example, clearly states in their booking conditions that departure fees will fluctuate and will very likely change. They also make you aware that the departure date may change as well as the itinerary. They also explicitly describe what, if any, compensation will be awarded.

These are student tours and the students and parents should know EXACTLY what to expect before signing up. This is the responsibility of the Group Leader/Teacher and the parents who should read the entire booking conditions information before signing up their son or daughter. I have used EF in the past and agree they are not the best out there but my travelers always have a good time and get their money's worth because they know exactly what they are getting into before they sign on the dotted line.

• Mo
    Moose5115 Dec 10, 2009

Man, you people are misinformed. I just went on an EF Tour and it was fantastic. And to the one idiot who hated EF, but accidentally let his son travel with them, I mean that pretty much speaks for itself. Is this guy serious, he doesn't even research what company his kid is going with, what a joke!

You notice that all these complains are from parents. On the tour I was on there were a few parents with the same complaints, but hey, guess what...these tours are for students! All of the students had an amazing time and never complained once. There were also about 12 parents on my tour and of those 12 only 2 did not like the tour.

As far as the food, aside from one meal, it was all very good and for you people who don't really know anything about Europe breakfast usually consists of a pastry and juice. You have to remember as well that the company has to cater to 40 different pallets and that it is a student tour. If the food is even somewhat risky most of the students won't eat it. Yea, the parents might be dissapointed, but who cares, the tour isn't for them. I also asked about hidden fees and surcharges, but i do not feel like typing that information out. After the discussion I felt there was not any fees that were not understandable.

Bottom line, it is a very good product for the price and if you want to go on the tour as a parent keep in mind the tour is for the students.

• To
    tourmarm Nov 27, 2009

I don't want to single out the company you've been traveling with, but it seems what you are talking about has, unfortunately, become characteristic of the student tour industry.

This is what you need to consider vis a vis 'loyalty': whom do you serve: Your school/students/parents or an outside commercial enterprise? Actually, by accepting all the perks from these companies, teachers become sales sub-contractors representing the company. There are laws in place against using one's position to influence a contract, at least with public school teachers. (Additionally, the NAIS and other private school associations have also come out against this practice.) Currently, many teachers are looking at each student as a dollar sign! Again, it comes down to fiduciary responsibility.

Considering the fundraising efforts by schools, parents, and whole communities as well as the fact that many parents make financial sacrifices by taking out loans and second jobs in order that their children can go on these trips, don't teachers realize that they are betraying the trust of their community by accepting these perks?

Perks should send up a red flag: it means that the quality and content of the trip is compromised by these offerings. If it's going into the pocket, it's coming out of the program. Bribes, and that's what they are, mask substandard service. Instead of pocketing the $ 200 - $300 per student, consider how that money could enhance the services provided: upgraded food, hotels in good areas; thoroughly trained educational tour guides; top-notch insurance; included gratuities; and more of an academic experience, rather than just sightseeing.

Safety, comfort, and the well-being of our students should be the #1 priority or every teacher. It is up to the teacher to protect their students by ensuring a safe environment and acting as their advocate. I've have heard a number of horror stories from colleagues and educators concerning international student travel in the field. Some of the teachers took these conditions in their stride, as part of the experience'. Some negated their responsibility by not serving as quality controllers, not setting boundaries, leaving the group, and getting drunk. This is not a vacation for the teacher - it's a responsibility.

No teacher, or organizer, should head a group without being thoroughly aware of the nitty-gritty terms of the contract with the tour operator. Knowledge of the scope of the insurance coverage; lists of doctors and hospitals; and worst-case scenario plans should be in place before travel. Most tour guides (even in the US) have no idea of what to do in a medical or other emergency and the teachers are also ignorant; this is unacceptable.

I am not a tour operator, I only design curriculum-based travel programs for schools within the US and Canada, but you might look at my website's Caveat Emptor download, which is on my Contact Page. It's a checklist of business practices that are less than desirable, or questionable. instructours dot com

• Cr
    cre8ivherb Nov 24, 2009

I've taken several sojourns with EF over the years and discovered you get what you pay for. I've also found that price in EF's case is also not about value. The EF model assumes that kids don't care about food quality and are happy to scarf down the localized interpretation of American junk food. The local tours are fine and totally dependent on who you're lucky enough to get. A concern I have though was accessing the medical attention that these kids have paid for with the medical insurance that EF insists you purchase . Twice I needed care for my students and both times the tour guide had absolutely no idea on how to handle the situation or even remotely familiar with the policy or procedures. Hotels by and large are very basic. Yes we as Americans are spoiled, but this goes beyond that. Some hotel locations are just downright scary! In Athens we found ourselves smack-dab in the middle of the red light district, or in Athens it's the white light district. Students were entertained during dinner by watching an endless stream of men come on go. This ended when the madame and a couple of goons from one of the establishments noticed all the students at the window and came storming into our hotel. Needless to say everyone ran off to their rooms for the rest of the night or should I say 2 am when we had to leave for the airport.
    EF does an amazing job promoting itself but a very basic one at delivering. Their loyalty program in many cases goes a long way at keeping teachers for honestly advocating for their students and demanding better of EF. I'M SHAMED IT WORKED ON ME.
    Hope this helps, and enjoy safe travels with whoever you choose.

• Wo
    worldtravelerguy Nov 23, 2009

Hey everyone, you should all look up this new travel program. They are just starting out and is a little more expensive, but you definitely will have no worries or stress. EVERYTHING is already planned out and you will not have to worry about a thing, nor will chaperones. Right now they only offer a program in Ireland but hope to expand within the next few years. Check them out at http://www.fcjsummer.com/programs.html

• In
    instructours Sep 21, 2009

Parents and teachers ought to have travel and legal professionals go over every contract from student tour companies and question the prices and fees. School boards and district superintendents should be more involved.

None of my trips have any hidden, last minute additional fees, finance, or late fees.

My teachers and parents know exactly what the students will doing, where they are staying, and where they are eating. We also give the teachers choices of what they could see and do on tour.

The problem is, when parents and teachers see our all-inclusive price, they think it is too expensive because we'reup against tour operators that give 'low-ball' prices and then nickel and dime the parents with insurance, departure fees, fuel surcharges, gratuities, late fees, finance fees, membership fees etc. (Why do companies charge a 'membership fee? To get another $95 from you!)

Tour costs from tour operators such as mine are fair, upfront, and final. Students on my domestic tours need only bring money for souvenirs!

Honestly, for international travel, it might be better to work with a good travel agent that knows the area, as well as the tourist authorites of the respective countries you want to visit. Your children would be better served and protected.

• Fr
    frmdauk Sep 16, 2009

I have it in writing from EF Tours that EVERYONE who has travelled with them in 2009 is getting a partial refund of what is described as "Departure Fees". Our group, whom travelled in July are getting (so we are told) $166 each. Let us hope that for once EF Tours stand by their word and do the right thing.

• Hj
    hjj Sep 14, 2009

What can be done? Has anyone pursued the teacher/sponser? The school districts? The tour companies? What has been the result? I wouldn't want my child's first foray into international travel to be handled in such a slimy manner - more importantly, what about the security risks - do these companies address that issue? This all sounds too outrageous. What tour company is reliable?

No More EF Jul 11, 2009

I've had experience with EF four times. After my last trip in 1998, I said I would NEVER GO WITH THEM AGAIN. I haven't. Unfortunately, I agreed to let my son go with another teacher before I realized it was with EF. He's in Europe right now. Each phone call we receive is more upsetting. He said the tour was poorly planned. They arrive late for things, are greeted a restaurants by insufficient wait staff who aren't expecting them, and are dumped in hotels at 6 p.m. with nothing to do because the hotels are too far from anything to make leaving worthwhile. They didn't get to go up in the Eiffel Tower because they had 15 Minutes there!

I was hoping that his experience would be positive. Instead, it looks like we wasted about $5000. I guess EF hasn't improved in eleven years. If anything, it seems to be worse.

• Do
    Doug and Deb Jun 28, 2009

My daughter is in Italy right now. She loves the country, hates the tour company! She was supposed to get a complete European breakfast and dinner daily. Well she has had bread and a small can of cheap fruit cocktail for every breakfast, and for4 of the 6 nights she has been served a cheap slimy tv dinner style pork with one inedible side dish. One dinner had to be eaten in a musty moldy basement that induced an asthma attack. I am furious. I am demanding to know the price breakdown for the meals on the trip. I feel that someone ows me part of a refund for false advetising. The trained local tour guides seem to be a joke as well, my daughters guide has got them lost twice. Please make sure you ask lots of questions before you consider booking a trip this company!

• Th
    thetourgoddess Jun 22, 2009

Ask how much your daughter's teacher is receiving in cash and perks, besides the free trip, and then you will know why the tour is so expensive!

• Pa
    Paul Harris May 27, 2009

My daughter (graduating senior) has not even left yet and we are getting hosed by EF. They have added so many fees in. They changed the date of departure, which now conflicts with her college orientation day. Now her teacher has informed us that they added a group of 9th grade students to the group at the last minute. She is going because her two best friends used peer pressure to make daddy pay. I don't mind that part because if that is the only peer pressure she has ever bowed to, then I am happy. I smelled something rotton when they approached me about it in December.

Thinking back, I thought my wife and I could have taken all three girls and upgraded to suites at the hotels for the same price as I am paying EF and we are staying home. I saw lots of negitive comments on various sites and tried to warn them, but they all are in love with their history teacher who is the sponser. Think about it. If you ask $3500.00 from two girls and add $5000.00 that is $12000.00 dollars. I think I could take a two week trip through Austria and Germany very lavishly for that. If not lavishly at least comfortable. THe girls would have their fun and I would be the chauffer and baggage handler, but I would see Europe.

I booked my wife, daughter and myself on two weeks in Italy last year. Research on the web gave me rooms that, except for one, were all excellent 2 and 3 star accomodations. Not luxery but OK by my standards ( I am picky). We flew to Rome, rented a car, and proceded up the coast to visit Pisa. Then spent the rest of the week driving to different parts of Tuscany staying in small villas and just enjoying the country. Then we drove to Venice, dropped off the car, and stayed a few days. Trained to Florence, stayed a few days, trained to Rome, stayed a few days, then home. The only thing missing for my daugter was someone her age to share the experience. Mom and Dad are a drag.

I am still upset and there will be more about this. EF has made a big mistake messing with me.

• Bu
    buzz_sapien May 12, 2009

Explorica is the same as EF - 4 quarters for a dollar! They sound better, but when you get into the process it's the same exact product.

Try Prometour - at least let them quote you - you will be happy you did!

• Wa
    walt2375 Apr 27, 2009

Totally agree! As a teacher, I expect my tours are run better than EF. I'm going to book through Explorica from now on; they're much more attentive.

• Ne
    Never Again from Clarington Apr 02, 2009

I would never travel with them again. Our school trip was to Egypt 2009 and the best they could do was 40 hours in transit! Hotels were brutal and were all transfers on the trip. When I complained, they didn't seem to care and claimed it's a hard job.

ef sucks Mar 23, 2009

I totally agree. My friends and I have an up coming tour book and they have changed alot of things since we booked. They have added a 498 dollar fuel upcharge after the fact. They have also seperated us and booked us into rooms with people we do not know. I would never, ever recommend them.

EF TOURS FRAUD Mar 13, 2009

EF tours is a fraud, they change travel plans, with a rate increase then do not allow a refund if you want to cancel the trip.
    DO NOT BOOK ANY TRAVEL WITH EF TOURS!!!