Complaints & Reviews

membership

Good Afternoon,

I'm writing because I am having an issue with my membership. I have been using Ebates (now Rakuten) since 2016 and I only used one account: [protected]@gmail.com. I have chosen to use Ebates over other websites such as befrugal.com, etc. because of their good and reliable reputation. A long time ago, I had an issue with fraudulent accounts being setup under my name and with my personal account information being used. However, this seemed to have gotten straightened out and I haven't had any issues since. I have been shopping the past three years under one account only ([protected]@gmail.com) and have not had any problems with fraudulent activity. However, now my account has been made inactive because other accounts were setup in the past. I have explained this was not an error on my part and that I have only been using this account since 2016 and that if there is something going on with another account or something that I am unaware of, that I need to know about it because this was never authorized or given permission for. I feel I am being punished for something that I did not do and something I didn't authorize or give permission for. Per my account, it can be seen that I only go through one account to make my purchases. I have been a consistent customer and chose to use Ebates for my shopping needs. I am requesting that my account be reinstated as I have made several purchases in the past few months and have earned cash back. I would greatly appreciate your help with this and I hope you have a blessed day!

lack of payment.

My name is Tony Bobet from New York City. I am file this complaint at the company at above page. the location is 160 Spear St, floor #19, San Francisco, California, 94105. I been with the company from 2017 to 2019. I decide to dis-activate my account. The problem of this complaint is I am not receiving my check on time. I supposed to received an check on March, then they change to April, charge for the third time.
the total of the check it will be $15.20. I have to wait for May 15, 2019. They're going to send a check by mail. I am not a fool. That, I decide to file an complaint. The next places that I am going to file complaint to Consumer Affair in California.

ebates

When I buy less expensive items, there never are any issues.

When I buy something expensive and it's 10x the points, it's always a fight to get my money. It seems from my searches online that when it comes to computers and computer equipment/peripherals, they seem to pay the least.

They always blame it on the company that you bought from but I recently had a company tell me that they were tired of their BS and that they had authorized the transaction. I ended up getting my money from Ebates after fighting with them for two months.

I have decided to use them for smaller Amazon purchases since they always seem to pay for these trips, but I will use another service for more expensive items. It's happened to me several times and when you do some research, HP and Dell when they are 10x the points are filled with complaints. Most of these people get told what I was told: ''It's the company's fault. Ebates wants to pay you''. Dell gave me a refund for the money that I was supposed to get from you, so I doubt that they weren't willing to pay from their end!

It's a shame that Ebates has gone downhill since being bought out by Rakuten.

your tv ad

The grammar in your TV ad is atrocious! Certainly you know that "...where you shop AT" is not english. Only people on the lowest social class rung use such grammar. Many potential customers cringe when they hear "at" in your ads and discount your message. Please remember...most people won't bother to contact you. Most people will simply cringe & ignore your ad.

cash back

I ordered an hp computer through the ebates website on Black Friday since they were offering 11% cash back. There were no pop ups and all instructions were followed. I have never had an issue with ebates before this purchase. They are telling me that they will not honor the cash back after I spent so much money. I don't understand what is going on but the rep that contacted me via email said she cannot do anything and I am not happy at all.

cash back

I ordered an hp computer through the ebates website. For Black Friday/ Cyber Monday they were offering a 10% Cash back promo. I followed all the proper instructions, ordering from ebates link, not having pop up blockers or using other promo codes. The laptop was very expensive and only ordered because of ebates advertising 10% cash back the next day. Of course the next day came and Ebates did not give me the money. I contacted them and sent them my invoice and on their website it has my shopping trip code #. Even with all this they are claiming that they will not give me the money. This is fraudulent advertising and bait and switch. They receive the kickbacks for me using their website but refuse to honor the cashback. Absolutely horrendous company-stay away!

• Updated by Cody Thurlow · Nov 30, 2018

Issue resolved. Thanks ebates!

poulan pro 46 in. 2-bin soft-sided bagger/collector

I went online to look for this Lawn Tractor Bagging System at Home Depot. Home Depot wants $249.28 as of 11/3/2018 for it. Being I am a Ebates member a window opens up on my PC Screen from Ebates showing that if I buy it from Walmart I can save $19.59 and buy it for $229.69 so I proceed to buy it from Walmart problem is that when I click on that window it brings me over to Walmart where it says Walmart is charging $242.02. No matter what I do $242.02 is the Walmart price. Ebates is wrong with this one so I did not buy the product. Wish there was a direct number to call Ebates to let them know about this when something like this happens. I would like to buy the item at $229.69 as Ebates shows.

poulan pro 46 in. 2-bin soft-sided bagger/collector

• Updated by Fred Yannetta · Nov 03, 2018

Adding a Photo of what Walmart is actually charging to prove myself.

blocked account and ebates kept the money! dishonest!

Ebates allows multiple accounts in one household, so we have 3 accounts in one household, recently, after each account have earned over $300 cash back, Ebates blocked all accounts, after email customer service and called them, after two weeks, they send one email to tell us the accounts are terminated! This is steal money from consumers after lure them sign up, then block accounts as they find any excuses. Stay away from Ebates!

ebates member services

My brother and i had two Ebates accounts and we used obviously same address and PayPal accounts for payment. They just deactivated both our account without any reason and didn't give us our cash back for our purchases and the money we already had in our cash back account . We tried to contact them but they didn't reply back to our emails. Then recently i made a new account with my different email and made a purchase but they didn't give me the cash back and welcome bonus and when I contacted them they were rude to me and replied back to my email in a very unprofessional way. Some person named LAURA wrote " my account was associated with the member's account they previously deactivated. EBATES ended it's relationship with me not just with my email addresses. And my future accounts will be deactivated too so I should find another cash back site"!!! It's not like i did something illegal or did anything offensive then why do they have problem with me not just with my emails??? It's so rude of them and very unprofessional behavior!!! They should've just said the reason nicely and deactivated my account in a professional way!!! Very disappointed!!!

ebates member services

cash back

I made a purchase at Walmart, a purchase at Amazon and a purchase at Bath & Bodyworks and I went through my ebates app to get my cashback. The only one that shows me getting cash back is Walmart and I think that is not fair. These purchases went through and were paid for. What is the purpose of going through ebates if it is only going to give you cash back whenever it feels like it. There were cashback offers on these three stores and they are still available to date.

ebates is a cheater

i'v been used ebates for shopping online for years. this time they didnt give me cash back and tell the lie...

ebates misleading advertising & fulfilling their obligation, website malfunctions not seamless very bad customer service

The below s just 1 message of at least … The below s just 1 message of at least a dozen! customer service...

Bristol Online Shopping

Rebate

Just joined and made purchase as explained. Ebates claimed was 7% cash back. Guess what...Nope! Supposedly purchase doesn't qualify >> ??????
This company is a big scam. They get money for promoting from companies, but you get nothing. Please don't fall for it. As the saying goes...If is sounds too good to be true...

No cash back awarded

I have been a customer of Ebates from September, 2011. I have a numerous issues with my cash backs. Everytime the cash back is more than a $1 or $2, I can not get it back for different reasons. There is latest scam that I going through.
I have made a purchase "In the swim" store in the amount of $1065.30. The Ebates promiced 6% cash back on this purchase. Month later I still can not get back the money. That is what Ebates replied to me:
"Thank you for your patience while we looked into this matter for you. Unfortunately, it has been determined by In The Swim that this order was placed in a manner which gave the credit for the sale to another affiliate of theirs. As a result, Ebates has earned no commission for this sale and Cash Back cannot be awarded."
However, I have all of the evidences that my order was placed correctly and directly on the "In the swim" website, not of their affiliates. I have a tracking ticket from the Ebates, I have a receipt from the In the Swim store, but NO MONEY BACK>
Total rip off

CleanCutKid Jun 13, 2013

Dear Yelena,
    We are very sorry to hear that you had this trouble with your In The Swim.com order through Ebates.com. In this case Ebates did not earn credit for your order, but we would have liked to. We are always willing to take a second look to see if we can come to a fair resolution to your inquiry. I don't know your email address to resolve this for you, so please send me a message to this address that we use for our Facebook wall and for forums like this: facebookhelp at ebates.com

I look forward to helping you with this as soon as I can.

Sincerely,
    Ebates

• Ye
    Yelena B Jun 13, 2013

Thank you for your quick responce. I filed a complaint to BBB and three hours later my cash back was posted into my account.
    So this case is closed. I have one more pending.

CleanCutKid Jun 13, 2013

UPDATE:
    Dear Yelena,
    I was able to find the correct account. The In The Swim order was added by our Ebates Customer Care Manager yesterday. Today, I have seen to it that the Discount Tire order has also been added.

Please feel free to respond to any email that you have from us if anything remains unresolved. We are sorry for any delay that you experienced while we were working on this.

We hope to win back your trust and send you many Big Fat Checks from Ebates in the future.

Sincerely,
    Ebates

• Ye
    Yelena B Jun 13, 2013

You doing a great job!

No customer service and lost my ebate

I been using ebates for a year now. I don't do a lot of online shopping so I never really got a rebate back. This Christmas season I decided to use ebates to maximize my cash back. I order over 110 dollars worth of perfume from perfumania threw the ebates site and got back 10.XX in my ebates account as cash back. When I recieved my order one of the bottles was cracked. Just so happened to be a cheap clearance perfume so I called perfumania who was very helpful and just gave me a ten dollar refund. After about a few days I recieved email from ebates informing me I lost my total cash back on my whole purchase . I would of excepted to loss part of it cause I was refunding 10 dollars a out of my over hundred dollar purchase but to lose the whole cash back was wrong. I contacted ebates immediately and recieved a email right away that someone who contact me in 2-3 days with a answer . Well guess what a week later and nothing I emailed again and still nothing this is not good customer service. before I would recommend ebates to all my friends but now no. Because if something goes wrong with your order and u need to return something u will lose ur entire cash back No matter how big ur order is .Which is pretty much making u decide to keep a broken product or lose ur rebate . Do not use ebates and if u do don't Judge ur total discount with the cash back in it because you might not get it back .

scam

ebates scams people. i have been using it for years now. i noticed they dont credit me for everything . but this time they have a member get member referral program so i referred my colleagues and when i reached a certain amount ($300)they just deactivated my account automatically and told me to call them as they wont entertain any questions thru email and told me to call Caleb and gave me his number and office hours. called Caleb more than 10 times during his office hours on different days and times and Caleb never picks up the phone! left several messages on their answering machine– never received a reply to those either! Ebates is a b*lls**t company and I have filed a complaint against them on the better business bureau site. I should have used F**W*****t or some other site instead!!!

CleanCutKid Jan 06, 2012

This was a clear case of abuse of our referral program. We have proof of this, and we have explained the matter to Anne. Ebates.com is a member in good standing with the BBB, having an A+ rating. We also have over 150, 000 fans on Facebook. Ebates.com has been paying members for their online shopping for over 12 years. We frequently monitor our referral program for abuse of this type. We will continue to discuss the matter with Anne if she wishes to do so.

Dylan
    Ebates.com

annecarcel Jan 07, 2012

Really? Then how come I have not received any feedback from your company and nobody ever picks up the phone number you gave me? I left several messages and no reply. Only when I wrote on this complaint board did I get a reply which doesn't even specify another number I can call or a solution to the problem. I've filed complaints with the bbb and the FTC.

• Hi
    Hillman Nov 02, 2016

I filed against them as well. They have lost their rating with BBB. No A+ something must have changed.

• Ho
    hoenig Jan 16, 2018

I have not received my welcome bonus. half the things I buy I am not credited for, I have all my receipts to prove I bought online thru your company. petsmart, kohls, several times. I'm considering going to mr rebates if things do not improve. I hope to see my welcome bonus in the next week but not holding my breath.

• Mh
    Mhn996 Jul 26, 2018

My brother and i had two Ebates accounts and we used obviously same address and PayPal accounts for payment. They just deactivated both our account without any reason and didn’t give us our cash back for our purchases and the money we already had in our cash back account . We tried to contact them but they didn’t reply back to our emails. Then recently i made a new account with my different email and made a purchase but they didn’t give me the cash back and welcome bonus and when I contacted them they were rude to me and replied back to my email in a very unprofessional way. Some person named LAURA wrote “ my account was associated with the member’s account they previously deactivated. EBATES ended it’s relationship with me not just with my email addresses. And my future accounts will be deactivated too so I should find another cash back site”!!! It’s not like i did something illegal or did anything offensive then why do they have problem with me not just with my emails??? It’s so rude of them and very unprofessional behavior!!! They should’ve just said the reason nicely and deactivated my account in a professional way!!! Very disappointed!!!

• Ck
    ckumarac Nov 08, 2018

My ebates account are blocked last week.i ask from ebates custom care about reason, but he told I abuse my account.but i don't anything.then i ask how i'm abuse my account and tell me soundly reason.he escape answer.

• Ne
    NEVER Againn Dec 30, 2018

Ebates - PUTTING ON ALL PLATFORMS, SOCIAL MEDIA SITES WARNING CONSUMERS AND REPORTING TO THE BBB

Gave referrals to friends and family, they refuse to provide compensation for it. I referred multiple members of my family and friend and they never gave bonuses. Nor was given my own bonus for multiple purchases. And I agree...How is it policy abuse if each person makes their own account and purchases. Never once received cash back for my purchases. It says pending for weeks then one day just disappears. Not a legit company they are bogus. Waste of time. Do not have a way to chat ever, it ALWAYS is unavailable. If you send a message you don't get a response. Don't waste your time. They're BOGUS AND SCAM

changed offer no reply

I bought an item from Dyson thru the Ebates web site. It said free shipping. Dyson charged me shipping but I assumed Ebates would make it right. Wrong. 4 emails later and nothing. They have changed the offer on Ebates, too. Don't assume Ebates customer service will honor the coupons/offers they present on their web site.

CleanCutKid Nov 29, 2010

I believe Ebates is simply promoting the offer that is published on Dyson website: "Buy online from Dyson.com for free shipping on all uprights, canisters, handhelds and fans. "

non-payment

I have been a member of ebates.com since 2007. I have always received a check after every quarter, which is every 3 months. I was supposed to receive a check Febuary 15, 2009 and when that did'nt happen, I e-mailed them several times to find out why. I have never received a reply. I would just like to know what is going on? The check that I am waiting for is for the amount of, $71.55 . I can't believe that no one is returning my e-mails.

Janet Hamilton

• Gr
    greenleaf Mar 10, 2009

I have had this exact same problem with eBates. It has been nearly a month for me and no payment or responses to my emails. I am switching to a different rebate program. I suggest you try using Big Crumbs instead.

• JustSayNo May 15, 2009

EBATES does NOT charge ANY fee for being a member...

I've been Very Happy going through eBates with ALL of my online purchases and have Always received my rebates. HONEST!

• Lu
    luisasia Sep 09, 2009

same here. on my account it says rebate ws already sent to my paypal account but i never got it. sent so many emails to ebates but no reply and no help. we should file a report to the better business bureau

• JustSayNo Sep 21, 2009

I JUST got Another rebate check from eBates. Maybe some of you negative people should check your information on their site. Is your address and/or PayPal account correct?

• Su
    SuzeQ22 Jun 14, 2010

I have never had a problem with Ebates. I have been getting Ebates since about the year 1999 and have always received my checks. Ebates always takes care of me.

joyce ann May 23, 2011

I was suppose to get a rebate from ebates.com on May 15th and haven't gotten it yet, even though I have emailed twice and no response back from them either. I did think to look at my information on their site thinking that something might be wrong, but everything is the way it is suppose to be.

Wasn't Paid rebate

It took me over a year of making purchases online before I "qualified" to receive money from Ebates. My total I am supposed to be paid is a little over $28. I was supposed to be paid on Feb. 15th according to their guidelines. Feb. 15th came and went and I received no payment. I sent a couple of emails to their Customer Service, after about 5 days I got an email saying I would be paid soon. Then today I check my account on Ebates and it says I was paid by Paypal on the 19th, but I never received payment from them. This is a very dishonest company, do not use them, instead use MSN live search which I've had no problems receiving money from making online purchases.

• Me
    Melanie Castle Feb 23, 2009

I was also scamed out of 69.95 plus the 1.98 was never told they were going tot ake out 69.95 this company needs to be stopped...

Undelivered rebate

Back in February of last year I received email from Ebates promoting sale event at Circuit City and promising a rebate in the amount of $10 for a purchase there. I did make an online purchase in the amount of $40.65 and so rightfully was expecting Ebates to honor its promise (and obligation). However, it did nothing of a kind and 3 my emails to it were not even replied.

• Ka
    katielizzy51253 Apr 04, 2009

I have been a member of e-bates for years and always get my checks. a couple of times a rebate wasn't credited and when I called they investigated and the rebate was issued. I have never had any problems dealing with this company

• JustSayNo May 12, 2009

Are you sure the email was legitimately from ebates.com? I've never had a problem with this site. Hmmm... And, did you go "through" the ebates.com site to make the purchase? If you only clicked from the "email" perhaps it wasn't a legitimate email from them. ???

• Lu
    luisasia Sep 09, 2009

• Su
    SuzeQ22 Jun 14, 2010

I have never had a problem with Ebates. I have been getting Ebates since about the year 1999 and have always received my checks. I think you had a scam email and will never see the money. I also think if you gave them your Paypal account info then for sure it was not Ebates, I believe they only mail out checks. I could be wrong for that matter but I don't agree with the "SCAM" claim. I have been dealing with them for too long. As a matter of fact I just went into Ebates the other day and searched Home Depot and Sears, both of which I made no purchase but received an email on each search telling me not to forget that I have a pending rebate if I make a purchase on those websites. Ebates always takes care of me.

• Ar
    Archer 27 Nov 11, 2010

I went directly to ebates website and did everything I needed to do. I was suppose to get a amount from snapfish and even used ebates discount code for free shipping. I have complained several times and I get the same pre-formated response that I used an invalid code but the code came directly from ebates website. I have even asked different questions and their reply is the exact same pre-formated response from someone named Thomas. One complaint was sent to "Where is my refund" and the other I sent to "other questions" and both came back with the same pre-formated response both from Thomas. I think this is their standard answer when they don't want to uphold their part of the deal. Does someone know a number I can call to complain? I will probably use Mr. Rebates from now on.

• Aa
    aad1954 Jun 17, 2013

was suppose to receive a check for around 9.00 for my christmas shopping I did on-line through their website. They were suppose to send out a check in February 2013 for that amount, never received a replacement check!! Now it is June, 2013 and still no check or communication to me from the company. They are liars and promise rebate checks to consumers that order items through their site.

April D
    Dallas, TX 75243

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices