East Tour International Ltd. DBA Easy Rent Cars / car rental

Booked a car through Easy Rent Cars
paid with credit card on agreed amount of US $274.87.
Upon arrival of pickup I realized that the total for rental was now over $300 which I did not approve of. Since I was airport picking up I tried using my phone to cancel the transaction and was not able to so I called the 800 number for assistance. I was able to make connection with a lady who I told I wanted to cancel the reservation. She tried very hard to do everything she could other can cancel my reservation. I kept telling her to cancel it. We got disconnected. While I attempted to reconnect with her while at the counter, the service rep at SIXT realized I was in distress and opted to help me out. I told him I needed to cancel with Easy Rent Car and he offered to help me get into a car directly through SIXT. By then Easy Rent Cars called back and we made connection. The lady informed me that she would open a trouble ticket to get the extra charges removed but by this time I did not want to book through them because of the hidden fees they snuck in the final total.
I have been in communication with the company via emails and they are not wanting to give me a refund back to the credit card. They claim it was a "No Show" however I was a "Show" and ended up renting a car through SIXT themselves.
I went as far a been considerate and allowing them to keep a one day worth of car rental for the trouble and inconvenience but I have not heard back from them. Or even be given a credit to use on another car rental through them since I travel frequently and use car rentals.
These companies are fairly large and I know they will not loose much by giving me my credit or refund back to me of $300. I on the other hand can not stand to just hand over $300 and not even get a car rental. I simply can not afford to gift out like that.
Dates of rental agreement was July 7, 2019- July 13, 2019
Location was SIXT, 2424 East 38th Street, Dallas, TX 75261-94, USA
"Free" shuttle bus offering which I did not use or need
Rented a Medium SUV/Chevrolet Equinox
Reference Number [protected]
6 day rental
Grand total approved to bill card was $274.87
I had chosen to pay now since it did say that I would not get charged until the booking was confirmed. Confirmed to me is when I go get the car and get keys in hand.
My whole argument in this is the PRINCIPLE OF THE TRANSACTION_HIDDEN FEES.

I run a business myself and I know my reputation is key to my business and very important. Keeping customers happy is what we should all do to keep us in business. I can not afford to have any negative reviews out in cyber so if it is only one customer who needs help and doing right by them then thats what I do to protect the reputation and integrity of my company.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely