The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved East Coast TVs — Lying to Customer
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Don't buy from East Coast TV's. They charge extremely low prices for TVs but will only ship the order if you purchase an expensive warranty.
On August 9th 2010 I purchased a Samsung 40" UN40C6500 from EastCoastTVs. Later that day, I received an email that said: "Please Call [protected] ask for david to confirm you order thank you". I called and they tried to sell me a warranty and a wall mount. I said "NO". Dave said the order will ship in 7-10 days. After nine days there was still no TV. Then I received an email saying: "Please call gabe concerning your order".
I called Gabe and he said the TV was damaged by the trucking company and they no longer have it in stock. I told them to cancel my order (actual audio is on the youtube video). So, I called back five minutes later, under a different phone number, and they said the TV was still in stock ready to ship. So I you want to get scammed by a bunch of Jersey boys shop at EastCoastTVs
If you want to hear the actual phone conversation I uploaded it to youtube: just search for East Coast TVs Scam or click this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XcMDFVVip0
I knew the transaction with East Coast TV's was going to be shady, but they were and still are around $300 cheaper than the One Call, Amazon, Crutchfield, etc. I figured they would hassle me for a warranty purchase, but what I was not expecting was flat out lying to a customer. After my two phone calls to ECTV's, I thought about calling them back and confronting them, but at that point I was disgusted and did not want to give them a dime of my money. I guess Jersey has the show Jersey Shore and East Coast TV's giving it a bad name.
I ended up purchasing the TV from One Call and received it in 4 days.
More East Coast TVs Complaints & Reviews
- East Coast TVs - price changes, shipping charges
- East Coast TVs - customer service
- East Coast TVs - deliverd product on time
- East Coast TVs - Company overall
- East Coast TVs - Scammers and liers
- East Coast TVs - Refunds
- East Coast TVs - Lies, takes advantage of older people and fraudulently charges your card for more than what is billed!
- East Coast TVs - I changed the model of the television and didn't get reply from the salesman
- East Coast TVs - False Advertisement
- East Coast TVs - not honoring sale price