Eagle WarrantyFraud

E

In March 2009, I bought a used car (2004, Volvo-S40) for my son who was about to graduate from college. Since the car was used I also purchased a 36 month 36, 000 mile car repair warranty (Eagle Warranty Corp) which cost $999.00. I found out later that the warranty was worthless when I tried to use it for a "covered" car repair. I reported the issue to the Attorney General of PA- Bureau of Consumer Complaints. Since that time (March 2010), I received two letters from the Attorney General, the last was dated, July 12, 2011. The last letter from J.P. McGowan- Senior Deputy Attorney General for Linda Kelly- Attorney General indicated that legal action has been filed against Eagle Warranty but that a resolution was still months away and asked me for further patience. As of this writing (Dec 29-2013), I have not received any restitution for this issue. It seems that the Attorney General has either "dropped the ball" or does not really have an interest in protecting the consumer.

• Mk
    MkStItCh Dec 29, 2013

You know, things like this take years to file. You might see a partial refund in about 3-4 years from the court file date. If you got something in March 2010 then that might have been when they filed against the company. That means you might hear back from them within the next few months.

• Cn
    cnalawagan Mar 04, 2010

I bought a car in Memphis, TN. Nov. 14, 2009 where they offered me a warranty through eagle warranty for $500.00. It is now Mar. 4, 2010, and my car has been messed up for a month. I've tried to contact the company sence the car has messed up and all of the numbers that i've been given have been disconnected.

• Do
    Dot Bailey Feb 24, 2010

EAGLE WARRANTY AUTHORIZED CAR REPAIRS ON THREE DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS VEHICLES. STARTING DATE: 6/25/2009, 07/22/2009 AND 10/08/2009 TOTALING: $1899.52

WE HAVE FAXED AND CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES WITH NO SATISFACTION.

TODAY 2/24/2010 WE DISCOVERED THRU THEIR WEBSITE THAT THEY SHUT DOWN 12/2009.

Dorothy Bailey
    AP/AR

• Al
    alex shinn Feb 09, 2010

bought truck 200 dodge dakota quad cab 4x4 had to do service work on the truck dealer said was covered by eagle dealer is automotion car sales canton ohio 44709 said had 90 warranty work was dont for 385.00 dollars has not been cover yet .would like to have it paid . bill is at lovells auto repair shop galesburg il.61401

• Up
    Upsetateaglewarranty Dec 29, 2009

My husband purchased an extended warranty on his truck. The warranty was purchased through eagle warranty of PA. His transmission later goes bad and has to be replaced. Eagle warranty would only authorize the transmission be Rebuilt. They would not approve buying a new one. We take the truck to an authorized service center. The service center contacts eagle warranty and gets and authorization number and an approval to do the repairs. That was in Sept. 2009. It is now Dec 2009 and I have recieved numerous calls from the service station. Eagle warranty has failed to send them any payment. The service center and myself have attempted to contact eagle warranty many many times. All you get is the voicemail and they NEVER return your call. Now Eagle Warranty has went out of business. So guess what? I had to pay over $1, 200 on the transmission repair they approved but never paid for. I also contacted the BBB. THey rank this company an F on their scale and have also been unable to reach them.

• Sp
    sport chrysler jeep Dec 28, 2009

we have completed repairs for eagle warranty in 9/09 for a customer and have still not been paid by the--anyone know whats going on with this co??? you cant get them on the phone anymore --i have been calling to try to collect since 9/09 with no success--anybody been able to get in touch with them??any info would be helpful i can be reached at [protected] and ask for mary. thanks

• Ha
    hamerhamer Dec 28, 2009

Totally agree had authorized repairs done to my car in July 09 they still havent paid the garage. Got the same run around as everyone else. I have filed a complaint with the PA attorney generals office. They need to hear from everyone so they can try to get the money from these frauds.

Mad as ... Dec 16, 2009

They failed to pay for work that they approved for 8 months, now their phone message states that they are closed! I filed a claim with the PA Attorney General office. Hope they burn!

• Je
    JenMBR123 Dec 02, 2009

I also am having a problem with this company. Same as the rest of you too. I think there should be one big class action suit filed on these people. Has anyone had any luck with the PA BBB? I work for an attorney and I am thinking of sending a certified letter from my office to see if it gets anywhere. I just hope it doesn't have to go through PA if I have to file a case to get the money. What a pain that would be. I don't live anywhere near there.

• Ac
    accentauto Dec 01, 2009

I got the same problem i am the owner of Accent auto on south lamar eagle warranty ow me a check of $1400 since three month same thing i call [protected] i have an authorization number and since august 2009 i haven't recieved my check i keep calling the ext 3098 no one answer i go to voicemail i think this whole company is fraud !

• Vi
    vinayshankar1 Dec 01, 2009

Did you get your money back?
    I cant believe there are so many people out there ripped off by this company? Are you aware of any class action lawsuit against this company? Are you doing anything to get your $ back?

I am thinking of contacting an attorney, having them write a letter to them. Your suggestions?

Vinay Shankar
    [email protected]

MANUEL GUIRNALDA Nov 28, 2009

same thing happened to me .
    we got the authorization number and firestone then did the job knowing that eagle waranty will reimburst the paid services. 3 1/2 months now no check yet.

kept on calling the co. tel no. [protected] extension # 3503 (accounting department ) answearing machine says we will connect you with accounting dept then accounting dept says they are very very busy assisting other costomers and leave your name and tel # and authorization # and up to now. we are still busy with other costomer.

" i think accounting dept is non existance and my check is also none existance.4 1/2 months now. "

i guess they have the same M.O. with all other claims filled..

kiss your check good bye... they FLEW like an eagle already...

Joe's Oct 30, 2009

Autorized repair ac work $340.00, total repair 08/19/09, no payment yet 10/30/09, numerous excuses. Filed complaint PA BBB and with Pa attorney general .Those with same complaints can file with attorneygeneral.gov.

Comment Guidelines