Duty Free Depotcigs — not a complaint

K

I read this forum before ordering and placed my order with a healthy degree of scepticism. Today, 15 days later, a carton of Silk Cut Purple Cigarettes was delivered to my mailbox as promised. I can't dispute that perhaps others had unfortunate results and I would stronglt encourage DutyFreeDepot to take very seriously any customer displeasure, but for me, I feel none of that. I am very grateful for the way this company came through for me.

Andrew112 Apr 16, 2016

I have sent in my first order and will see how they go if people wish to order more then you can bring in to there country by customs law in there country then that's there problem in the end for doing it I the first place.
    But saying that I think it would be best if this company would have a list on there order page telling people what there legally allowed to order for each country.

• Sl
    slimjim12121 Nov 28, 2011

Whether the comments posted here praising dutyfreedepot are fakes is certainly something which is open to debate. This is not, however, a quality that applies in any measure whatsoever to the question of the provenance of the cigarettes dutyfreedepot is shipping, which are most certainly reproductions from China.

How do I know this? Please see my complaint @ for details.

• He
    Hello Duty Free! Dec 08, 2010

POSITIVE REVIEW!!!

I ordered cigarettes from Duty Free Depot against my better judgement. I read the complaint forum, I heard stories about customs officers' interceptions and, to make matters worse, once I purchased the cigs, my bank temporarily froze my account due to the suspicious debit from Israel. This was profoundly annoying, Chase fixed it though.

But I feel it's my duty here to let you all know that I received my carton of cigs in less than two weeks with no problem. I'm pleasantly surprised by the whole affair. I don't shill for duty free, btw, and I'm sure that there are circumstances out of their control when they wouldn't arrive... Cigs cost $120/carton in NYC, these cost $32. If this was a gamble, it paid off, and if they never arrived, I could have tried two more times and still saved some money if they did.

Anyway, there's nothing other than good faith to prove that the positive comments left here are not fakes from duty free depot. You can friend me on facebook or something.

Good luck!

no-smokes Aug 27, 2010

The site seemed genuine and i ordered cigarettes. I got an e-mail saying my card number was incorrect and could i re-order.
    Silly me did that and got charged twice!!
    The cigarettes got stopped at customs and Duty Free shop aren't replying to my mails. So i'm out of pocket on cigarettes and money!!
    I won't be using them again or recommending them to anyone.

Well hacked off Jul 14, 2010

In the UK you simply need to go to your card company.

Offers of partial refunds via Paypal in 6 months time is unacceptable and almost a conman trick!

I got a full refund from my card company but to top that I have had to change my credit card as they tried to defraud that also!

So full refund and new card was required!

• Gi
    GIll UK Jul 03, 2010

Bollocks OP,

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

Well hacked off May 06, 2010

Wow I would put you in the half wit category for firstly researching it, reading the feedback and still ordering, then being stupid enough to return here and leave comment in a COMPLAINTS forum. Now that is a half wit.

But funnily enough I personally still have great problems believing ANYBODY would go to such lengths when they are satisfied with a purchase, again, a sheer half wit thing to do, but there again it takes all sorts.

• Kd
    k dehn May 03, 2010

Dear W.hacked off...

Nothing more than a Wisconsin manufacturing guy, never mind your own bad experience. A bit piqued at the insistent effort to impugn the integrity of a complete stranger, but whatever... Photo (hopefully) attached of my recently delivered carton of Silk Cuts in front of my Wisconsin license plate. I suspect the odds of someone having both Silk Cut Purples and a car with a Wisco plate are somewhere in the 800 million to one range ever since they stopped exporting the product to the States back in the mid-90s.

Idiotic and stupid...perhaps to a jaded half-wit I sound such. A handful of comments stating product was delivered (in this very forum, no less, probably without the use of a cowardly nom de plume), the lack of product availability in the states, the relatively low price, seemed a chance worth taking. I assume you ordered without researching them??? Jeebus... At least he who is accused of "idiotic and stupid" behavior wasn't dimbulb enough to order without doing some investigative legwork.

And, hey! I got my smokes!

Comments

Well hacked off May 02, 2010

Amazing that anybody who is a genuine customer would even return let alone post in a complaints forum. So obvious it is the company themselves posting!

Well hacked off May 02, 2010

LOL so you check them out on a complaints board, full of complaints, where many others are not even listed on here but then decide to order anyway.

LMAO do you realise how idiotic and stupid you sound. You are obviously connected to the company!

Check out the emails you get back when you do not get your order:

*Customs Returned Orders:
    All returned order from customs will be charged the costs of shipping and handling. ($8.00 per item of cigarettes, $12 per an item for other products). A credit will be issued to your login account once your parcel reaches our warehouse (this may take up to 180 days depending on your location.)

Billing Department
    www.dutyfreedepot.com
    ----------------------------------------

LOL so not only do they not deliver they then try to charge for delivery again! Then say you will get a credit WHEN they get them back, which is never because they are destroyed!

Idiots, it is nothing short of internet fraud. The onus is upon the company to deliver at no extra cost! So time to contact the card company and cops.

• Kd
    k dehn Apr 29, 2010

Total Crap my ###. I searched out and checked the complaints board BEFORE ordering, decided to take a chance anyway, and came out well ahead for it. In fact, I noted as much in my original post, so its not like the information wasn't there before this response was posted.

Trying to analyze someone's motivations or affiliations through the clouded lenses of your own irritation does not lead to accurate conclusions in most cases. Case in point is the drivel contained in your ill-informed post.

If the volume of complaints on this site are any indication, there will never be a BBC programme about this. We've got a fine lot of tea-baggers here in the US you might well sign up with. Try FOX news, they'll pick up and promote any cockamamie cause on limited and bad information.

Well hacked off Apr 29, 2010

Funny how when someone makes a complaint another puts this on a COMPLAINTS SITE.

If you had good service why in gods name would you hunt the internet for a complaints site. Not unless you are actually part of the company that is!

Total crap, there are countless complaints of fraud relating to this company and I would strongly urge EVERYONE to report them to their card company AND to the local office of fair trading etc and have this company blacklisted.

If enough of us report it to the BBC they will almost certainly do a national programme on this lot!