• Pd
    Pdq24 Nov 05, 2016

Dunster House customer service dept are simply ignoring my requests for them to send me installation instructions for a log cabin. They delivered the product over a week ago, but had lost the instruction booklet en-route and despite numerous attempts to contact them, they are just ignoring us.
    Beware of this bunch of cowboys.

• Da
    Dalziel Oct 01, 2011

My Patio Door from Dunster House does not work and they have ignored my complaint - even to their chairman. Their custemenr service is not worthy of the name as whether or not the problem was in any way my fault, they have washed their hands of the issue, saying "We sell hundreds of PVCu window and door products each year without any issue" - that is a lie: just look on the web!
    They require you to check the product before installation. For patio doors, this can only be partially done as you cannot reproduce the final installation without glass and beading being fitted. I had a window as part of the same delivery - in that case the beading was prefitted and so proven that it fitted - the glass was also relatively small in size, so this was sufficient to confirm installation should be ok, which it was. As there were only 3 sentences on their universal instruction sheet which referred to patio doors, you had to foresee the next several steps in installation as the beading cannot be removed after installation. One of these steps involved removing the door from the track and I knew how to do this only because I had previously installed a Wickes patio door (with 8-page instruction booklet!). I found on re-installing the door the weight of the glass prevented the door being 'jacked up' to the original height before the adjusters reached their limit! The door stile on the lock side is bowed, preventing locking when I only used the minimal packing to stop it sliding down. The other stile of the door fouls the central pillar. I pointed out that their website states a 70mm profile and I had been supplied with 50mm, possibly causing the fouling as the beading required 3 people to force it in, maybe because it was designed for 70mm! As customer service they are confrontational only and unapologetic when they had supplied 70mm packers for my 50mm profile (does this not confirm WHY I have the fouling problem?) I sent a Recorded Delivery to their chairman Christopher Murphy, but this was replied to by Mark Childs, Senior CS Manager and did not reply to any of my practical points. As I have been left with a non-functional and insecure installation, I obviously cannot just forget the matter and of course it is not difficult to spread the word on the Net these days through Facebook and sites like this and of course I shall lodge a complaint through Consumer Direct (Office of Fair Trading). I notice Dunster House already have an OFT judgement against them for Unfair Terms in their windows and doors contract in 2004!