Driver ScannerDoesn't work as advertised

I ran across their website via a series of links from browsing software that may increase pc performance.

The web page I was directed to hawked Driver Scanner software; and included a "free scan". The cost of the program wasn't revealed at this point.

I thought a scan wouldn't hurt anything; so I went ahead with it. Lo and behold it reported 21 out of date drivers: of course now a diffrerent page appears saying their software will fix these problems for only 29.95.

I should have known better, but bought it anyway. After downloading and running the program, only 6 out of date drivers were reported. Following the instructions I first clicked on backing up my current drivers: it sat idle for 30 minutes; I couldn't tell if anything was backed up or not. So I went ahead and clicked to update the drivers. Well, it did that ok. But then the first thing that happened was my system froze. I got that going again and noticed that my audio playback was distorted and scratchy. So, going back to the Driver Scanner program I clicked on "Restore". Nothing happened because no backup of the driver files occured earlier.

To fix everything, I had to manually roll back the drivers it said it updated - then using XP's driver update features I restored the proper drivers.

This program is just another Internet rip off.