Drive FinancialThis company needs to be driven out of business!

M

My husband and I bought a vehicle at Airport Suzuki in Irving TX (another big headache) in April, 2007. We got pushed into a vehicle we were not interested in at all!!! We told them we did not want a car payment of more than $325 a month so we could actually live somewhere other than the vehicle. We never got a contract and the co-buyer we used ended up not having a drivers license so the car buying experience was less than smooth. After 2 months we received our payment statement to our "surprise" it was $400. I called and talked to an "account manager" they told me that's what you get when you are a dead beat!! I told them that I would NOT pay that much for a piece of crap car that is only by the way worth $7000.00 brand new, we paid $17,200.00 after all the charges. I refuse to pay that amount, so they call numerous times a day!! One gentleman even wanted to talk to my husband while he was on the potty. Hopefully everyone that has gotten SCREWED without KY will get together and sue the HELL out of these ###!!

• La
    lacunadiver Jun 13, 2016

Okay, first of all, you did the best thing by keeping your receipts. What I would almost be willing to bet on is that one of your payments to them was probably mis-posted to another account or was not received.

You need to request a payment history or amortization. If your payments are on time then there is no reason for your loan not to continue if you are making the proper payment so you shouldn't showing up late.

Lastly, they definitely should not be calling you at "all hours of the night". You cand definitely have this taken care of.

• Ti
    Tiffany McGary Jun 13, 2016

I purchased a vehicle from Holmes Motors in D'Iberville, Ms Feb. 2007 they unfortunately got me financed through Drive Financial this has been the modt horrible experience ever. They are constnantly calling all hours of the night and insisting that I owe money for payments that have already been paid. I have my receipts that were sent by money gram and they insist that so much went to interest and I still owe them and all kinds of stuff. I just really hate I'm into this but I need to know if there is a way out? I have been talking with my bank to see if I can refinance the car through them or someone I can trust. Every time you call you speak to someone different and can never speak to the person that initially called you and told you one thing it's always " I'm on the phone now and I can help you, you can talk to me or no one." That's not the way you talk to your customers. I even ask for a physical address for the place and they say they cant give that information out. Why ? I dont know what to do but as I viewed online the stories, experiences, and complaints that people have voiced I hate I got into this but I want them reported to BBB and anyone else that can take these people out.

Samuel Jun 06, 2016

On 3-31-10 at 8.30am they call me up about a payment that i was late.so i told them i have surgery they say the dont care i told them i receive a personal check from someone and i am going to deposit and it will and it will clear by 5pm and i can able to make a payment by tomorrow they say they dont give a dam a about the next day they need it by 10pm today i say okay miss she say dont call me no miss call me jennifer i told her i was giving her the respect by calling her miss she say i am going to hang the phone up i told her find i do not think i was treated right i was like a victim to them she say you have 2 bounce check i know in myself i only give them my bank card once so how can i have 2 i have all my doctor note to prove that i have back surgery.so i am going to take this higer.

• Co
    Consummer Very upset Jun 30, 2012

OMG!!! I have been through the same thing you all have. This company need to be put out of business. I have contacted the attorney general in the state where this company is located and has asked that a consumers lawsuit be filed. These people are big scam artist and rob innocent people of their money!! something must be done soon.

• Ka
    katdaddyo Aug 13, 2011

Drive financial, AKA Suntander, will steal your money! I unfortunatly financed a vehicle thru this place and dealt with their BS fior 3 years, I'm glad to say I purchased another vehicle and no longer have Drive financial. However, after a payoff was made when I traded my car in, Suntansder took another payment from my bank account and told me I have to get my payment back from the dealership ipurchased my new vehicle from...WTF!!! This is BS and I'll probably never get my money back. These people need to go out of business!!!

• Me
    Merri Jun 03, 2011

We had gotten behind on payments. I called; made arrangements and fulfilled these arrangements. Drive Financial called...I talked to the person, told her we would make the current payment as soon as possible. She was very nice and stated it would be noted on our account. Drive Financial continues to call... I spoke to them a few minutes ago and was told that it was an 'automated call' and they would continue to call. When I answer these automated calls it is dead silence. These people call my husband's place of employment. They call my sister constantly and have even given our account information to her. This was after she told them to stop calling her and she would give me their message. Is there something that can be done to at least limit these calls? This is ridiculuous.

• Tl
    T. L. ANDERSON Apr 21, 2011

ALL OF THE BINDING AND LEGAL DOCUMENTS FOR MY CAR LOAN WERE INCORRECT. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY LEGAL AIDE THAT TECHNICALLY MY AUTO LOAN THAT I SIGNED FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR IS NOT BINDING DUE TO THE INCORRECT FINANCIAL INFORMATION THEY HAVE IN THEIR SYSTEM.

• Be
    Beefrost Apr 05, 2011

I am a business owner with a nationally known insurance company. My office has been receiving harassing phone calls from Drive Financial, we have explained to the collector that the person they are looking for does/has not ever worked in my office.

We continue to receive harassing phone calls weekly. We answer the phone and get hung up on, they call repeatedly within a few minutes. We have gotten to the point when their name comes up on our caller ID we do not even answer the phone. What part of we do not want you calling our office any more is Drive Financial not getting.

• Ek
    Ekalle Mar 21, 2011

I have sent $300.00 in payment toward my car payment. They never applied any of it toward my payment. They applied $200 toward something else. The $100.00 they claimed it was not received. I have proof it was. I suggest people contact your Governor, Senator, and House of Representative. City Officials, write, call and bombard there office with complaints, this company has to be stopped.

My balance should be $0. I found they added an additional payment. Send complaints to the Attorney General Of Texas. Give detailed information. I was told by one of their own people they had been holding my payments. I told there customer service agents they need to leave this company. We must not give up. We can stop this company. But we must do it together. They also call you after payments are made. Day and night.

• Cl
    Clemenzo Mar 18, 2011

I obtained an auto loan through AAA and a local bank. It was eventually sold to Santandera which is operated by Drive Financial. Recently I have been about 35 days late on the loan due to my husband’s deployment (army/military) to Iraq and our loss of income. I have been working hard on the finances and catching up and the fact that payments are being made and the time frame between payments is closing in is evidence of that.

Each time someone calls to collect information regarding the late payment I need to re-explain my situation. It is tiring and futile. I have asked again and again that they record the ‘story’ so that I not need to re-tell it! I understand that they need to call, but this is just getting ridiculous. These people have no compassion. When I am asked what my reason is for not paying (do I ‘owe’ them a reason. I have begun to ask what the last person recorded as my previously stated reason, and it has never resembled what I said. Last time I spoke to the company (last week), I asked to speak to a manager.

The manager used a rude tone of voice and demanded that I call in 10 days and inform him of a plan of payment. I asked him if he wanted me to call him even if I didn’t have the money to pay because that would mean I did not have a plan of payment.

He said that he did not care what I had to do borrow the money or whatever that I needed to pay the bill. I’m talking a month behind here on a 6 year old minivan! Holy cow! I told him I had no intention of borrowing money and I was wondering if he wanted me to call him in 10 days even if I didn’t have the money he became livid and gruff and told me that I was being difficult, etc. Oh, he was very angry.

I told he the fact that he was demanding payment, and that the fact that his people were calling me and expecting me to re-explain my situation time and again was harassment. This didn’t seem to faze him. At any rate, I did set up payment. He agreed to waive the late fee as there had been an error on his company’s part due to their putting in the wrong bank acct but alas, I checked my bank acct today, and I was charged a late fee anyway. go figure. I will call the company tomorrow and see if I can get it waived, though I am sure I will only be met with more hostility. Not a fun company to work with.

charles1967 Dec 18, 2010

Beware of Lend America They got fraudulent activity padded down, They give you a FHA mortgage without a finished appraisel.Some of those loan officers have Real Estate Agents working with them to screw homeowners over.Beleive me they done it to me..Found out a year later after buying house that the appraisel was never finished.i paid over $50, 000 more then what I should have for these house.After Loan Officer and Real Estate Agent receive their commision, the Bank(lend America)sold it to Wells Fargo before first payment was do.All around fraudulent activity through loan officers and Banks.

• Ge
    Gerard Dec 16, 2010

Tried to get answer from company about a special situation with a buy back from carmax but kept getting sent to the same department where they spoke little english and were very rude. they could not or were not willing to talk or help in any way. I would hope in the future that this company learn from these mistakes but I doubt it will. The customer service department only wants to accept payments and doesnt want to help out in any other way. There has to be around the beaurocracy but I dont know if they know what is going on or they just want to give you the runaround

• Ke
    Keiran Oct 10, 2010

We continually get calls from this company..We do not have loans with them..Ford and Citibank only..My car credit is perfect. Why do they continualy call????

Any suggestions???

None of our immediate family has outstanding car loans either, yet they oontinue, am sending my complaint to the Texas AG and contacting the Feds also.

CAlls come in from Dallas and caller ID says sander something.

Checked on line with the last phone call where they are calling my business line, thus disrupting my admin's day!

I am sure they have better things to do. What a poor company!!!

• Rr
    rreed May 30, 2010

I have already filed a complaint with the FCC about the calls.

• Rr
    rreed May 30, 2010

We do not even have a loan through Drive and am getting harrassing calls multiple times a day. They say we have a 2006 Nisan Altima. Not only have we never owned a Nissan but we have NOT had car payments since 2005. They don't want to take us off of the list because I will not give the 4 digits of my social and they say that they got our phone numer because we called them. I had never heard of them until 3 days ago when the harrassing began.

• Nm
    NM Dave May 28, 2010

Don't pay the [censor] another dime. Tell them to keep the damn vehicle, you're probably upside down on it anyway. Buy a chep vehicle for cash and get out of the credit system as fast as you can. Don't worry about your credit score. That house of cards is about to tumle anyway. SCREW DRIVE FINANCIAL !!!

• Wi
    Without a car May 28, 2010

I was late on my payment of $410 and so I thought I'd make a better payment -- $1200 in order to keep this company quiet to give me some peace. I sent them a $1200 payment and within 3 hours they repo'd my vehicle. They admitted that it was their mistake, but I was still liable for the repo cost $400 and the lot fee, etc. Why do I have to pay for their mistake? And why in the world did I make a payment such as $1200 to THEM? I would have thought that it would had been looked upon as a positive thing with them -- to triple what I owed. But instead, they repo'd my vehicle EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT IN REPO STATUS.

Good faith payments to this company in order to pay the balance off sooner is illegal in the eyes of this company. You are damned if you don't pay, you are damned if you do pay, and you are damned if they don't get their interest money.

I am actively seeking an attorney on this.

• Ba
    badboyhtown May 25, 2010

wtf wrong withs ppl talk to them find out my info they tell me to go to dealer ship and dealershit is repping me off [censor]ing scam its time to get my [censor]ing lawyer in to this [censor] get reaady file some lawsuit thank god work with comapny gives me free lawyer any one join hit me with email [email protected] if they wann play games play with law suit so ppl this scam so dnt fall these ppl that work for company dnt give a [censor] about you they need some [censor] kicking.

• Un
    Unhappy Car Owner May 25, 2010

My car loan was sold to them by another company without my knowledge or approval and they have refused to abide by agreements that were made with the previous loan company. They call non stop even on Sunday at 8 in the morning. Since they took over my loan I owe more on my car than it is worth and it seems that none of my payments go towrds the principle. It feels like I started over with a bad loan that I will never get out from under! They completely Suck!

• Si
    SIRk9239239 May 10, 2010

well, im sorry to say but it just a matter

of time before you get screw...im just in the midle of a dispute with them and nobody is doing anything about my problem they are rude, and every time you speak to a rep. they have different things to say is like nobody is in the same page...don't make an arrangement with Cindy or Diane cause Uranda the supervisor will not honor it ...i gave santander permision to apply a $300 payment and they when ahead and posted my account first for a payment of $310.95 and then another one for $605.95 without my

permision i been on the phone with them since friday that this happend and its been one story after the other i was told the hold on the $605.95 was going to be release in 24 hrs and now is monday and they still giving me excuses...i wish somebody will look into this company and do something about this people and how they treat consumers just because i have poor credit and my only option was to finance my vehicle from this company that doesn't give them the rigth to abuse people like that...good luck

• Bi
    Billy Shuffield May 01, 2010

I too got ripped off by them in 2006, with a up sidedown loan, , I went to them and bought a 2005 Ford F150 not knowing it had been in a wreak, , I kept taking it back to be fixed.They said the truck could not be fixed so they put me into a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, after all was said and done I was in an upside down loan, owing more than the truck was worth, Come to find out they tricked us into not taking the GAP and the Credit disability Insurance because of the payments being to high, the payments now are $ 486.00 a month, much more than we wanted to pay in the first place, I wanted a payment of not more than $ 350.00 a month and I told them this. Is anyone doing a class action lawsuit on them ?

• Nm
    NM Dave Apr 06, 2010

Screw Drive Financial !!! Talk about dead-beats...why would anyone in their right mind be stupid enough to buy a delinquent loan from HSBC... Especially one that doesn't come with a title. That's right...I HAVE THE TITLE and I double-dog dare Drive or any of their thugs to repo my car !!! SCREW YOU !!!

• So
    songbyrd Mar 29, 2010

I agree on all the above statements, The company has changed its name to Santander Consumer " different name same Stinky service half of the reps aren't even on the same page and they haven't a Clue or do they even truly care!!!

• Tm
    TMW Mar 16, 2010

Youre placing the blame for your own stupidity on someone else. You agreed to the financing terms. You willingly signed the contract. No one forced you to accept a loan from them...Did they? I don't know why it still shocks me when someone refuses to accept responsibility for their own acctions...But it still does. Maybe its this line of thinking that got you in to credit trouble in the first place. But the bottom line is...If you dont like the interest rate & payment you're being offered ...Say "No thank you" and politely move on.

• Ub
    U biatch's Feb 02, 2010

HEY, ALL INTEREST PARTIES, SPEAKING OF ALLAH, IF U ARE GOING TO HURT AMERICANS, HERE IS THE ADRESSES U NEED 3180 IRVING BLVD. DALLS, TEXAS. AND 8585 STEMMONS FREEWAY, DALLAS TEXAS, THEY ARE UN-AMERICAN AND SAID THAT THE ONLY PLACE THEY CAN HIDE IS IN DALLAS, ATTENTION FIRE DEPARTMENT, IF THESES 2 ADDRESSES GET'S HIT, LET THEM BURN, LIKE THEY HAVE BURNED AMERICANS...lol from a concered consumer : D burn baby burn...just as U have americans ...>>>>>>>>>> $ 16, 000.00 for a car worth $5, 000.00 come on, get real, that's taking advantage, so you reap what you sew, LOL

• Sh
    shamika Jan 03, 2010

When is everyone gonna start a class action lawsuit against these ###s... let me know my email is [email protected] These mf's have cheated me out of money.. then the payments that you make goese mostly towards the damn interest and not the principal.. tried refinancing the care but couldn't..so please let me know about the lawsuit if anyone is planning anything..

• Sh
    shamika Jan 03, 2010

Drive financial is a piece of ### company that is ripping people off.. i got a lincoln ls the payments are $504.89 a month and they charge me a damn $30, 000 for a 2000 car all the payments I made mostly went toward the damn interest none toward the actual principal.. Tried to refinance the car through another company but couldn't..

JacD51 Dec 08, 2009

I called on 12/03/09 and spoke with a repersenative and his attitude was terrible, he couldn't answer my question when asked to speak to his manager he got worst and ask me why. Then she came on the phone I told her how he was acting, she got quite then said ok, what you need so I understand why he act the way he did management aint no better. Will tell everyone I know not to do business with this company and I am going today to get my car refinance at my credit union, never again.

• Iv
    Ivj78 Nov 18, 2009

Extremely rude, Called from my own number. Called my relatives extremely rude yelling and screaming at them for payments. Lied said they didn't recieve payments on time. Theives Do not trust them. They will say anything to get you to make payments even when out of work during the recession. Not willing to work with you.

• Wa
    Wally09 Nov 07, 2009

Please let me know if there is lawyer who is organizing this law suite. We are also a victime of Drive Fianancial.

• Fi
    fixingthebull Oct 08, 2009

I have a loan with Drive/Santander as well and I have to say that they are the biggest liers I have ever come across. We haven't been the greatest customer either but then the time finally came where we were able to make a payment arrangement, we did. The agreement required us to mail off a payment that day (beginning of September), we did...and for the agreed amount. We were told that our next payment would be due near the middle of October and everything would be caught up. Well, 5 days later I received and email from Santander stating that a payment was due in 5 days. When my wife called, she was told that there was no payment arrangement and the payment we made was for the month of September. My wife explained to the rep who we talked to and exactly what was said. The rep stated that they needed a week to investigate. When we called back a week later, they still had not completed their "investigation". Almost another week later we get some clown in "Loss Prevention/Reposession" by the name of Dino. He stated that the agreement we mentioned was not true and that the agent we spoke to was not authorized to make that kind of payment arrangement. He insisted that we were basically dead-beats and that we needed to mail in another payment. Where it gets interesting is that we recorded both conversations. When I told him that he proceeded to tell me the law and stated that I could not record the conversations without them knowing about it. Funny thing is, the rep told us the conversation was being recorded and so therefore, he knew it was being recorded. The conversation wound up ending with ole' Dino hanging up the phone. I work for a large radio station in Southern California and after extensive research and finding out that several people have gone through similar stories, we have gotten together with the producers and our legal department to get this on the air. We are hoping that by the end of the month we will have aired this segment and when we do we will host the entire show on Youtube with a links all over the place for people to check it out. Also, we will be looking for people to file a class-action suite against these idiots and stop this from happening to other people. Our federal government bailed out banks like this to help the economy, not screw us in the butt. I honestly can't wait for this to go down!!!

• Ka
    Katrisha E Scott Oct 07, 2009

OMG! I can't believe this - had I known about all of these other people that Drive has SCREWED over, I would have tried to get another bank to refinance my loan along time ago. I have HATED this company for DAY 1. I originally had Sovereign Bank but they got bought out by Santander a.k.a. DRIVE FINANCIAL or should I say DRIVE FROM HELL! They take your money, your balance NEVER goes down, and I keep getting 6 different stories everytime I call and ask for a justification on why this is. I tell you it's like throwing your money in the TOILET! Does anyone know of an ATTORNEY or some legislature we can contact regarding this ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!

• Ni
    NITA717 Sep 30, 2009

Just wondering if anyone knows - was DRIVE FINANCIAL really run out of business or did they just change their name after the law suit was filed & the CONSUMERS WON - because this company was unethical. I really am upset that the people here who keep saying - it's your own fault for having finacial difficulties...I seriuosly hope that they fall upon hard times and see how difficult life can get when things go wrong. I had money saved, a house, and children...then the unexpected happened - my husband got hurt on the job and I (a stay at home mom) was pregnant with our third child...needless to say, no one hires a pregnant women, we battle worker comp for 2 years, our savings dried up quickly, the house gone, cars gone, no one to rescue us & then to end up with CRAP credit just adds icing the cake. I hope the get what they deserve! See if you can really survive the real world and quit looking down upon others from your glass house!!

• Rt
    rtol Sep 30, 2009

I financed a car thru them 3 years ago and have made every payment on time and have had zero problems with them. I am paying down my principal and the are taking out the interest at the rate we agreed upon. If I keep making the payments as is I will have it paid off in 48 months and that is what was agrred upon before I signed the contract so there haven't been any hidden fees if paid on time.

• Aw
    A White-Jones Sep 13, 2009

I totally agree, my payments seem to go no where!. I had a payment deferred because I was having problems financially...My job is going to end Sept 30th I have called and talked to different representatives each time. No one has documented anything I have said over a three month time. Now I am forced to give DRIVE their vehicle back. No one wanted to work with me to help--so I feel there needs to be something done about this company. Can someone anyone give me more information as to whom I can contact? The economy has made it hard for some of us...people not only has trouble keeping their houses, we also have trouble with our vehicles. Where is the stimulus for that? Does anyone know if this company has received any money from the government in the bale out? If so we all need to know.

• Ef
    Efields Sep 10, 2009

I am currently dealing with Drive financial or now called Santander consumer. I haven’t been the best customer in the world. When I got the vehicle I was pushed into it as well for a car that wasn’t worth what I was paying and payments that exceeded what I told the finance manager I could afford. Any way due to some problems in my life I fell behind, things recently were starting to look up until the repo man came. Well several days before the repo man arrived I made an arrangement for Santander formerly known as drive financial to deduct a payment out of my account on that Friday. The representative on the phone explained to me that this would remove me from repo status and assured me everything would be fine. Friday came as I assumed the payment would be deducted, I recieved a knock on the door, there was the repo man. I explained to him that they took a payment today and can I call the company, he agreed. What a surprise when I found the company was closed. I had no choice he took the car. That same night I went to the Time Machine and withdrew all the money I could hence the payment wasn’t taken out yet. I figured why give them the payment if they are going to take the car. Saturday morning I called the company and they told me the representative was not supposed to make that arrangement with me, I told the rep it didn’t matter if she was or wasn’t she did and there is an arrangement for the payment that was supposed to be honored by myself as well as the company. The rep didn’t agree and argued her point which ended up as a heated discussion and I eventually hung up the phone. Went to the bank and canceled the transaction. I thought everything was fine and dandy as far as the payment went. Was I mistaken I go to the time machine today and come to find out the payment still went through on 09/08/09 and now I’m negative in my account. I call Santander regarding this; they don’t seem to have a payment on file. Another heated argument comes after trying so hard to be courteous with the rep. They still don’t seem to care, and now I feel like I got lied to, to get more money from me. I called an attorney, he said this would be too hard to prove, and there is nothing legally I could do about it. Please if someone can help me let me know!

Chanelle Dixon Aug 31, 2009

I totally agree. i've had my car for two years and balance is still 12, 000 and the car was 14, 000. I've already paid 10, 000.My payments have been on time up until last month it was 1 day late and they called about six times in that day.Then they told me that they needed the payment right then and there. Then when you make a payment by checking account, credit or debit card they charge you ten dollars. I wish it was some way to get out of this loan.

• Tm
    TMW Aug 27, 2009

WOW!! You folks are amazing!! ..."We got pushed into a car we were not interested in"..??..PUSHED ??????..."We paid them for 18 months and our balance only decresed $1600????"...Do any of you take responsibility for your own actions???...No one put a gun to your head to get these auto loans!!...How do you get "pushed" into something you dont want???..Did you forget how to say "no thanks"? ...Your balance only decreased $1600 in 18 months??? Have you ever had a mortgage or another auto loan ??? These are how these loans work ...You pay a bulk of the interest in the beginning of the loan, regardless of who your lender is or how good your credit is...Obviously you people have access to the internet ..How about doing a little research before you make your next major purchase?...Dont blame other people because you didnt do your homework...I'm sure this company serves a very good purpose by lending to those borrowers who normally couldnt get approved elsewhere...If you're not happy with a loan agreement you entered in to, you have no one to blame but yourselves

• Wh
    whose your daddy drive Aug 17, 2009

Can people start posting home addresses and phone numbers of exec's, management and anyone who works there ... After that it will be linking photos with names ...

• Au
    ausnat1 Aug 13, 2009

To jimtext68, first off, what would be the bases for your class action suiit...That the interest was too high ? The payment was not what you could afford ? Not enough principle comes off, per each payment sent ? The car is not worth what you are currently paying monthly ? The car was financed for too long ? You did not ask for the vehicle you bought ?

All of the above questions, you were certainly able to review and ask the fin manager at the dealership. I know if I did not feel comfortable we the vehicle, terms, pmt, or interest rate, I would how asked about it at the time. Now from April 2007 - August 2009 2yrs 4 mos later, you have been wronged?

The issues you have are actually with the Dealership, (with respect to YOUR post), not the lender. The fact is the "lender" itself does not even know at the time of an individual signing their paperwork what is sold. They only know what was submitted, by the dealer for collateral and a deal structure. The leander never knows until the contract is sent if any particular customer actually bought anything..

Addressing a typical "class action" law against a lender, one would have to show where, for example the lender continues to increase finance charges or continues to charge excess unexplained fees (late fees), outside the original contract terms, or matbe something like continues mis-post payments, etc...

Remember this though, unlike home loans, at the dealership where you signed your paperwork, your never spoke to nor met nor where disclosed anything from the "lender", it was ALL from the dealership's finance manger...That is who you should be angry with..