Dr. Minas ConstantinidesUnethical, sloppy surgeon

R

Dr. Minas Constantinides is an unethical and sloppy plastic surgeon. He is a slick talking salesman whose primary goal is to upsell you another procedure in addition to the issue you came in for. He will swear to do one thing and then completely deviate from the plan. He says he is one of the top rhino surgeons in North America but i don't think he's even the top surgeon in his own office.

He completely botched two surgeries on me and had the nerve to actually yell at me because I asked him a question. He has yelled at other patients that I have talked to as well.

He has a very bad temper and he will use it if he fails in surgery because his is big on blaming the victim. He's a complete narcissist who went in to medicine for money and prestige but who has no innate talent or surgical skill. He's a horrible little man and and even worse surgeon.

More Dr. Minas Constantinides Complaints & Reviews

• Lu
    Luckyalgorithm Sep 21, 2008

I had a similar experience. I went in to him for a deviated septum that was causing breathing difficulties. Like the reviered mentioned above, I only wanted to fix the functional problems, but took his advice and went for the cosmetic tweaks as well -- big mistake.

Instead of fixing my breathing problems he left me with:
    Valve collapse - worse breathing than before the surgery
    Unsightly soft triangle at the tip
    Scars from the alar base reduction
    Very noticible columella scar from the open rhinoplasty
    Worse septum deviation than I started with

He initially conceded that I would need a revision and then as the one year after surgery wait period concluded he whistled another tune: "I don't feel comfortable doing a revision since your symptoms and complaints are not commensurate with what I see." --- i.e. cop out

I'll eventually have it all fixed, just don't have the patience right now.

Do yourself a favor, stay away. Note: His office billing assitant Allison is a piece of work too...

If anyone wishes to get together to stop this guy, please contact me.

Dan1985 Mar 24, 2017

@Luckyalgorithm I would like to learn more from you. Please contact me [protected]@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Dan

• La
    lani Mar 01, 2009

Unfortunetaly I was somewhat disapointed with Dr. Costantinides and his office also. Functionally, my surgery was successful, however the very little tweak I wanted done was not completely successful.
    To top it off, after paying my bill in full out-of-pocket, I was told that it would be possible to get reimbursed by my insurance since the primary nature of my surgery was functional. Happy to hear this, since it was hard for me to pay the bill in the first place, I gave Alison the office manager my insurance information. What I found out later was that they submitted addtional charges (12k!) and the monies paid by my insurance went to Dr. Constantinides! When I disputed this and was irate that I was not informed of these charges, I was yelled at by Alison and told by Dr. Constantinides that those monies are for additional costs to him! So overall for a surgery that was mostly a septoplasty the tab totaled over 16k...and the lure of asking for my insurance telling me I would get reimbursement, was underhanded and unprofessional.
    I would highly recommend making sure in writing that you get accurate information regarding charges, etc.. before you proceed if Dr. Constantinides is your choice. His credentials are excellent, but his administrative practices are terrible.

Johnny Apr 04, 2009

sounds like a total jerk and reminds me of my suregon in L.A. Dr. Burres. No artistic skill just out for the clout of being a Dr... what a sham, the entertainment industry is so much more exclusive and cool anyway, why the hell do they shoose something so behind the scenes and mundane. I pity these types who try to get rich off of doing mediocre work.

• Bo
    boxter76 May 26, 2009

I have only positive feedback for Dr. Constantinides. I had a secondary rhinoplasty with Dr Constantinides in Spring of 2009, and I completely disagree with the negative assessments given of him. He spent 5 hours on initial consult, included photoimaging and operating plan discussion during the first visit because I was out of town. He absolutely explained his diagnosis and operating plan details, answered all my questions (I had many precise questions, I had purchased a textbook to educate myself before going on any consults as I learned quickly that some will misdiagnose and promise to deliver superior results with a chop job, even for secondary rhinoplasties that most often require augmentation). My surgery took 6.5 hours, required correction of deviated septum, bridge buildup using cartilage grafts, and included significant tip work. At nearly 3 months post op, I am becoming more excited about the positive progress of the nose as swelling is diminishing and the refined shape is becoming noticeable. I'm looking forward what the next 3-6 months will bring!

• Jl
    Jlnttingham Jun 13, 2009

I, like the last post, had only a positive experience with rhinoplasty with Dr. Constantinides in New York City. He took the time to listen to me, treated my family and me with courtesy and respect, and explained everything involved with surgery carefully. After the rhinoplasty, there were a lot of things that happened that I wasn't sure were normal. He promptly answered my calls and reassured me that everything was normal...and he was right! I love my rhinoplasty. My nose looks better than the imaging we did together before surgery. He charges a little more than a lot of surgeons, but it was worth it.

• Tc
    TCM456 Nov 13, 2009

I had my deviated septum fixed and internal tissue reduction by Dr. C in October 2009 and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I thought his staff was courteous and they made the process as easy as possible. They dealt with my insurance company and provided me with their contact information to making sure I could reach them at any time. Dr. C also personally followed up with a telephone call on the evening after my surgery.

I did not have any cosmetic work done, nor did he pressure me into any. It was I who asked the question, "Since we are fixing the septum, does it make sense to look at straightening the appearance of my nose?" He said the cosmetic surgery is totally different than the interior work and I should only do it if I really felt strongly about changing my appearance.

Never did I feel rushed into anything and I was happy with the time and attention that was spent on me. He was recommended to me by a friend who had a similar positive experience.

• Pj
    PJS22 Jun 30, 2010

I consulted with him for a revision rhinoplasty and found the office to be very disorganized. His secretary called me yelling about a scheduled surgery that had never been scheduled. When I flew to New York for consult, he was very slick and promised a great deal. However, things I wanted fixed he said he couldn't do (I did have them fixed by another surgeon). I was totally unimpressed and surprised that NYU would have this man on staff.

• Sh
    Sha Patient Aug 28, 2010

I read this and felt compelled to comment just because I think it is fair for readers to have a full spread of responses. I had a revision with Dr. Constantinides a few weeks ago and he did an incredible job. I researched very thoroughly before going with him and had consultations with five other doctors and it was worth it. I only have positive things to say. I come from a family of doctors, and I am starting medical school next year, and both myself and my parents were beyond impressed by him. He is honest and direct but in a kind way, and most of all he is realistic. He did what he promised and way more. During surgery he found my surgery was more complicated than he expected and took a full four hours, but he remained confident and dedicated to getting the best results. And he definitely got them. I was really hesitant about this entire thing, especially because you read all these horror stories, but Dr. C dissolves all those fears. I was really moved by him through this entire process. NYU is sincerely lucky to have such a talented man working on their staff and I really hope other negative experiences won't prevent at least a consultation with him.

• Th
    They are unethical Sep 08, 2010

His wife was a patient. They had an afffair. She got pregnant and convinced him to leave his wife and 2 young children to marry her. She has had more work done on her face than Jocelyn Wildenstein. The reason people like the office staff is because she works there and it is in her best interest to kiss [censor] post surgery. They take trips all over the world and write it off as a business expense since he does it for charity. If she prescribes you medicine, make sure it is authorized by him. The AMA should probably check them out as well as the NY State Attorney's office regarding insurance overbilling. She is not a registered nurse and may suggest medicine be taken without his prior knowledge. He made her convert from Judiasm to become Greek Orthodox or he would not marry her (she converted to be an Orthodox Jew for her first husband). They deserve each other, but your face deserves more.

Dan1985 Mar 24, 2017

@They are unethical Thank you for your comment and I would like to hear more. Dan
    [protected]@gmail.com

No Surprise There! Oct 05, 2010

It doesn't surprise me in the least the Minas Constantinides cheated on his wife with a patient. Isn't there a code of conduct for physicians at NYU? He probably married her so he so she wouldn't file a lawsuit against him resulted in a license suspension. Why anyone would believe this guy would tell the truth to his patients about what he is capable of when he lied to his own family every day is a mystery to me. What a slime bag! The wife/former patient undoubtedly works in the office so she can keep an eye on him with other patients. She needn't worry much, with a face like his the only person interested in tiny would be a gold digger.

• Ed
    EdwinaR1 Jan 03, 2011

Unreal! They let EX-wives and disgruntled ex-girlfriends to post on here???!???

No Surprise There! Jan 15, 2011

This guy is a well below average surgeon with a gigantic ego (obvious short man syndrome). He takes on surgeries that he's not properly trained for and then gets defensive when he fails. Not one of the world class revision doctors that I consulted with to fix Constantinides lousy work had anything good at all to say about him. When I told a world famous facial plastic surgeon in NYC that I went to Constantinides he said. "Why on earth did you go to him?" The difference in my outcome with a real surgeon vs. Constantindes was night and day--near perfect versus an obvious mess. Waste of money, waste of a year of my life walking around with his over operated--scarred result. Not to mention this guy defrauded my insurance TWICE, for which he'll soon be reported. I don't really care who has the bad sense to sleep with him, but it is a violation of the New York State and hospital ethics to carry on with patients and obviously speaks directly to his lack of character. Unreal, that they let his office staff and current wife post here!

Marc Riley Jan 19, 2011

I agree with above poster, stay away, he cannot be trusted!

• Na
    nataya Apr 25, 2011

Let's just be honest here. There is not ONE single facial plastic surgeon that you will find 100% of the patients satisfied. That's just not realistic. We are dealing with our faces here...the part of ourselves we are most critical of and concerned with perfecting. I am a former patient of Dr Minas. I had a nasal revision in 2006, and let me just say this man had his work cut out for him. I had not 1, not 2, but 3 prior rhinoplasties that were ALL disastrous! I was left with every issue you can think of: crooked nose, deviated septum, loss of cartilage, nasal drip, and an uneeded implant put in by the prior surgeon!! A nightmare. Dr. Minas kept me informed and made my options realistic. He also was able to do this AMAZING thing no other doctor had thought of, which was a procedure taking the cartilage from the back of my ear, and using it to replace the implant that was holding my nose in a straight position but making it long and pointy. Genius. It was a complete success. And the staff was wonderful and kind at all times. I actually live in Wash DC and still stop in from time to time to say hello. I am forever grateful!! Dr. Constantinides...if you happen to come upon this, it's Nataya!!! Thank you for everything. I'll be visiting soon!!

• Cr
    crying venus Jul 08, 2011

I agree with "he takes on surgeries he's not properly trained and then gets defensive when he fails". He butchered my face, left a horrible physical and psychological scar. My friend's husband who's an attorney told me, he would take my case (what he did to my face has no other name but a CRIME). He said I was a victim of medical malpractice.

• He
    herman33 Jul 25, 2012

I had rhinoplasty done by him in 2007. It was a disaster. He was very welcoming and comforting for the weeks leading up to the surgery, but after complications stemming from his sloppy procedure arose his attitude towards me changed for the worse. I felt like I was on an island with no help. What an absolutely horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anybody. I was EXTREMELY disappointed by the results. I only hope that someone reading this takes my advice and stays away for their sake.

MajorComplainer2013 Jul 05, 2013

no way that doesn't sound like him at all what are u people smoking??!

MajorComplainer2013 Jul 05, 2013

noooo way that does NOT sound like him at all what are u people smoking??!

• Pe
    Pearl22222 Jul 12, 2013

I wanted to wait until after my surgery to respond to this, in case there was ANY merit to what was being said. Now, I can tell you from my own actual experience that THERE IS NOT!
    While I understand from my friends' accounts that divorce is a very painful experience, this website is NOT the appropriate place to air your grievances. Try your therapist's office, a psychiatrist, or your close friends. Attempting to scare away innocent patients is neither nice nor ethical. Don't talk about his "lack of ethics" when you make up phony BS on a website like this in an attempt to bring down his business. YOU'RE the one with no ethics: ethical people don't slander.
    Imagine what it is like for a patient to find this website weeks before surgery. Honestly, I was shaken up until i realized just what it was: bitter libel from the ex-wife, though I prefer the term "slander" in this case, as I don't wish to flatter these websites by regarding them to be legitimate printed communication. I know enough divorced people to know the kinds of things that come out of their mouths.
    Second of all, I do not care about my doctor's personal life. I don't care what he does, whom he is dating or marrying, and what he is like at home. A doctor should be chosen based on skill and results, not how he divorced your sorry ###. If it really is true that he writes off vacations as work, the only way you could know that is if you were married to him and went on vacations together!!! Way to do a bad job of hiding your identity!! It sucks that your marriage didn't work out, but he is excellent at what he does and the fact that he left you does not have any impact on his work.
    You say that he is "sloppy"…..since when can a researcher be sloppy? That is not a personality trait or characteristic that is compatible with research or medical writing. I don't think it is possible for someone who is "sloppy" to do research, which involves methodical, cautious, and analytical thinking, planning, and observation. You must have never taken an advanced level chemistry, biology, or physics class, so clearly you are not academically inclined or book-smart. I'd like to add that I was an "A" student in biology and chemistry many years ago--clearly you were not.
    I'd also like to add that I have had plastic surgery before. I had been through the process of searching for a doctor years before this. My previous surgeon was EXCELLENT but she does not specialize in facial plastic surgery and does not do ANY rhinoplasty whatsoever. I knew she was the right choice, yet I discovered that she was sued about 15 years ago for malpractice/negligence. I had to dig a lot to find that out; she made a mistake and LOST in court. I still went to her, as it was 15 years ago and surely she is going to be more careful and has 15 more years of experience since it happened. You say that Dr. C ruined your nose, so where is the lawsuit?! I could not find a single ATTEMPT at suing! Another surgeon with whom I consulted years ago was sued for insurance fraud!!! The guy was charged AND convicted. He couldn't practice for a few years!! You make these allegations, but WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE?! As somebody who is distrusting and skeptical of others in general, I looked for the evidence and did not find any! Your accusations are unfounded and appear to be false.
    You are doing a disservice to innocent people like me who are or were simply looking for a good plastic surgeon!!! Do you think it's ethical to try to scare people into choosing some mediocre doctor who will give them a nasty botched face?! You're probably wondering why I'm writing this whole essay here. It's because I don't want anyone to be up all night thinking about this ### before their surgery.
    Dr. C's wife's nose is extremely beautiful, and if you don't think so, then we have different tastes. How would you know so many details about his personal life if you were really just a patient of his? I don't know any details of his life! Clearly you are NOT A PATIENT!!
    THE REAL PATIENT IS RIGHT HERE!!! WITH A ***** BEAUTIFUL NOSE!
    So, if any potential patients are reading this, consider my logical and rational rebuttal. If you are educated and intelligent you will see through what is written. Look at his work. You will realize, as I have, that the negative BS written here (CLEARLY by his ex) is nothing but that and has NO merit.

• De
    DebraWist Jul 17, 2013

Regarding the above commentary - could it be possible that the ex-wife DID NOT write the complaint? How do you know who it was? Maybe his mother wrote it because she is angry that a gold digger got pregnant on purpose and ruined the life of his first two children? What if he was acting like a ### to his patients during the divorce and treated them badly? Maybe the person wrote this to alert us all to the fact that he is devious and that can spill over into their lives, by default, if he is frustrated in his personal life? When he decides to cheat again, and he is working on your face, how will you feel if he takes it out on YOU!? It's fine that you don't want to know about a doctor's personal life, but it has OBVIOUSLY affected a few people already and their stories should not be discounted because you are happy with the services rendered. Don't be too quick to judge things you don't know about.

• De
    DebraWist Jul 17, 2013

The person writing above seems to ignore the fact that he was indeed rude to a few patients, upset them considerably and did a bad job. What if he treated them poorly during the divorce? Who is to say that when he cheats again that it will not cause havoc in his professional life and you won't be made to suffer as the people above have? How do you know who posted the comments? "(CLEARLY by his ex)" -- Proof please? Maybe it was his mother who is angry that a gold-digger broke up his marriage and her grandchildren were made to suffer. This woman seems kinda egotistical and insecure to have written such a novel about people she likely does not know much about.

• Pe
    Pearl22222 Jul 18, 2013

Your commentary seems very biased and personally motivated. It is very evident that you have a personal bias from your writing. How do you know whether he was rude to any patients? You don't mention any personal first-hand experience, just hearsay. And why are you sure he will "cheat"...and why do you care...unless you are personally affected? I'm egotistical. Not going to deny that. And I'm not going to repudiate the "people she likely does not know much about" part of your comment; that part is correct. I said I do not care about his personal life, did I not? I'd put money on it that you are the same person who wrote that other review.

No Surprise There! Sep 11, 2013

Dear Pearl, it is far more likely that you either work for Dr. Hands of Death and Destruction or are sleeping with him. Perhaps a former employee of this guy posted about what goes on in his office and not his wife. I didn't know anything about his personal life when I was botched by him--nor do I care. Ick. You are tempting me to post my pictures and I can assure you that your good friend the ethically challenged doctor would not like those photos up on the internet so you are really doing him more harm than good by disputing negative comments and irritating people who have suffered because of his incompetence.

I went to him because I wanted and needed a medical procedure and I thought I had found a good doctor. What I found was a good sales man. I have never in my life been treated so badly by a doctor-ever. Not before or since. Since you don't seem to be able to understand how a surgeon can be sloppy allow me to explain. He rushes through procedures because he's got other patients waiting. His incisions are uneven and he leaves lumpy scars at the closure. He takes out too much tissue which is EXTREMELY hard to repair if at all and requires grafting from ears and rib cartilage. He makes mistakes and then tries to fix them by making other mistakes. When he fails--you the patient get bullied and blamed when you are already in emotional distress because A. you realize that you have another procedure or procedures ahead of you and B. you don't even know if you can be fixed because of the damage he's caused.

Do you know what the surgeon told me who fixed his work? He said and I quote--"He not only didn't make improvements, he took you two steps backwards." As far as pushing people into the hands of a less talented surgeon--well that would be hard to do and I only wish someone had warned me about him. But instead someone like you pushed me to go to him because she was hoping for discounts from him on facial fillers for referring a patient. Nice!
    The greater question is why someone who is happy with this surgeon would be searching for complaints about him unless you work for him. Your claim about a positive result is simply a claim. Where is your proof since you call for others to provide it.
    As far as lawsuits. He has been sued--and he has also settled. The fact that you are a bad researcher has nothing to do with anything. If he only spent as much time learning procedures as he does cleaning up his online reputation.

Until you've had to live through the hell of a botched procedure and a revision that requires tissue grafting because your surgeon failed miserably please don't comment on things you don't know about.

No Surprise There! Sep 11, 2013

If only Dr. Hands of Destruction spent as much time learning procedures as he does managing his online reputation. Too bad he can't stop people from e-mailing in private. You do him no favor by disputing negative comments as you will only push those of us who have been botched by him to post our pictures online and I can assure you he REALLY doesn't want that to happen. Bad for him, good for the surgeons who fixed his messes.

You ask how a surgeon can be sloppy. By rushing through procedures because he's trying to fit in as many patients as possible (greedy) by making uneven incisions that scar badly, by removing too much tissue that requires cartilage grafting from ear and rib and skin to repair, by making mistakes and then trying to cover then up with more mistakes. By not THINKING before he cuts. Sloppy--get it?

The real surgeon that fixed his work said "not only did he not make improvement, he made it twice as bad as it was before".
    Until you've had to live with the pain and anxiety of living with a botch job don't be so quick or so ignorant to assume that the only person who has an issue with him is his ex-wife. You blame the victims just like he does!

• Ll
    LL1830 Apr 23, 2014

how sad that this doctor has been undisciplined by the hospital, in spite of numerous complaints that they have received. clearly, they are not interested in a doctor who indeed mistreats patients (10 surgeries and $50000 later, AND 10 years of my life!, my eyes will never be what they were even before), makes claims on insurance without telling you, after you have paid in full.
    the public is very much at risk with this lack of oversight from the hospital, which must be condoning this danger.

Danielle Mono Mar 01, 2015

I had an horrendous revision Rhinoplasty (actually two) by Dr Constantinides, so for anyone contemplating seeing him, please read on to have an idea of what this has done to me. Sorry its a bit long but its in detail. Please read it, particularly if you are considering this doctor.

I went to see Dr Minas Constantinides in May 2013 on the advice of a doctor I had seen for another procedure. I was 43 at the time. My family had just moved to New York and I didn't know anyone in the city so I assumed another doctors recommendation would be the way to go.

The consultation went well, I thought he was a nice man, polite and seemed to know what he was talking about. His staff were also very nice and accommodating. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was about twenty years old. I had no problems with it and the only issue with my resulting nose over the years was that it was quite runny a lot of the time, I got used to it. The reason I went to see Dr Constantinides was that over the years the cartilage seemed to have maybe moved a bit, it was quite sharp and pointed on the tip and if I had a cold and rubbed my nose a lot it would feel like it was almost going to break through. One side of my nose looked a bit more flat than the other more bulbous side. I just wanted it evened up a bit and the cartilage in the tip fixed. I had no breathing problems and my nose was straight. He said he could correct my concerns.

At the same time, being 43 years old I'd started to see some hollowness around my eyes (I'd tried some fillers like Sculptura but wasn't particularly impressed) and asked if there was anything he could do about that. He said a mid-face lift would help. After some deliberating I decided to go for the two procedures. I was away from home and thought once I was healed, I'd look a bit younger, a bit fresher and no one would know.

I googled him, there were good and bad reviews but then every doctor I googled seemed to have the same. I decided to go ahead with the surgery and paid $26, 400.00, of course all paid in advance, as requested for a revision Rhinoplasty and a mid-face lift.

The surgery, done in his theater below his offices, went fine as did my recovery. When the cast came off my nose looked huge, this enormous bulbous, crooked looking mess. He assured me that it was swelling and it would all come down. After weeks and then months of visits, steroid injections and waiting, it settled a bit but was still very, very big and on top of that I couldn't breathe properly through either nostril. I was very patient with Dr Constantinides, I never got angry or frustrated with him, just trusted what he said to me that it was healing as it should, and he never said to me or indicated that there was a problem. A lot of people noticed and I got a lot of questions asking when the swelling would go down. As the months went by comments made with the best of intentions began to hurt me deeply. I could feel my nose, it was big, hard and inflexible, and after six months I knew it wouldn't be going down too much more.

I was devastated and found myself crying virtually every day, I couldn't look in a mirror and not tear up. I did my makeup as fast as I could in the mornings and wouldn't look at myself again until the next day. I grew my fringe out and hid behind my hair and became very self conscious. I avoided cameras at all costs. My husband and I were going to renew our vows in Greece in August, deposits had been paid and I cancelled all of that, I knew I would need another operation. I felt ugly and cried myself to sleep many, many nights.

So I went back to Dr Constantinides in January of 2014. During our conversation he admitted that the result wasn't what we had hoped for so we scheduled another surgery for the next month (with additional costs of about $5, 000) to fix the size, make it smaller, correct the twisted look and open up my airways so I could breathe. When I gave Dr Constantinides the benefit of the doubt and allowed him to do the second surgery, he made a point of saying he was 'happy to do it and he wanted me to know that', it was glaringly obvious that the results of the first surgery were not at all good. He generated a computer image that he said would be attainable and he told me how he was going to do it. I didn't expect my nose to look exactly like that picture, but at that point something close would have been fine.

When I showed up for surgery on the appointed day I could tell he was in a bad mood and my husband and I commented on it when he left the room – perhaps it was an omen I should have paid more attention to. The surgery went fine as did my recovery. From the moment the cast came off after the second revision and I looked in the hand mirror he gave me I could see my nose was not straight, it was very obvious. I thought I was having a nightmare. I have photos from when I got home that day which show it clearly. It was horribly crooked. I thought to myself, maybe after a day or two with the cast off it might settle. After a couple of days I realized that wasn't going to happen, in fact the deviation got worse. My nose was smaller yes, but horribly bent to the left and I still couldn't breathe. I also had a bump now running down my nose that I didn't have before.

Again weeks and months of visits and steroid injections but the damage is done. When both my husband and I sent Dr Constantinides emails in May of how upset I was and how this botched surgery has affected me I got a lot of excuses. He sent me a response which included a 'revision of how we got to where we are' that included blaming my doctor from 23 years ago for my problems and giving me a lot of technical explanations.

I told him I could only go on what I saw with my own eyes, of how my nose looked after the first revision, it was very clear, we both had the pictures. On top of how badly distorted and ill-shapen it looked I also couldn't breathe properly. I still cant.

He made a comment - 'good surgery did not lead to the desired outcome' – clearly it was not good surgery or more importantly the correct surgery for me. I didn't go to him because I had a breathing or medically necessary problem I went to him because I wanted to improve the appearance of my nose. Aesthetically it was disastrous surgery. I went to him with a nose that had one side of the tip more bulbous than the other which made it look a bit lopsided, that bothered me. The cartilage in the tip was very sharp and felt like it was pushing through the skin which over the long winter and constant sniffling had been very irritating. Those were my concerns - I didn't think my nose needed straightening, to my eyes my nose was not symmetrical but it appeared straight, perhaps a crooked nose is what he saw, but it wasn't what I saw. My nose wasn't that bad, it wasn't long or bumpy or big (that was fixed the first time 23 years ago), there were a couple of things that I thought would be a relatively easy fix.

Dr Constantinides certainly didn't lead me to believe it would be a difficult or problematic surgery on either occasion. And I understand that when he got in there things may have been different than he was anticipating, but he NEVER said at any time to me after the first surgery what he wrote in a later email response that - 'the scar that formed was so massive', the cartilaginous structure was so weakened and devastated, my nose was too scarred' - there was NOTHING said after the first surgery about my nose having been in such a horribly bad state. Going into the second surgery, if it were in fact true, it appears he knew that. It certainly would have made me ask more questions and think twice about how to proceed with another surgery had I known.

In May 2014 we began to discuss options and compensation which initially he was cagey about but then agreed to pay me $15, 000.00 so I could see another doctor to have yet another surgery to fix these botched ones. I asked for the names of the best Rhinoplasty doctors for me to contact, he gave me some (and astonishingly included himself in that list...).

I went to see another doctor, who took a look at my nose and advised that he did think he could straighten it with another surgery using rib bone, which he believed should have been used from the outset but wouldnt consider doing it until a year after my last surgery – which is, now, February 2015.

This doctor was also of the opinion that he couldn't make it any smaller which to me is quite devastating since my nose is significantly larger and wider than when I went to Dr Constantinides' office that first day. Any reduction now will be minimal, my nose is very hard and inflexible.

I'm incredibly upset and disappointed that I'm now in this position. After two surgeries my nose looks so much worse than it did when I first went to see Dr Constantinides. After the initial revision, there’s no other way to describe it, my nose was just a mess, it was very big, lumpy, crooked and ugly. Now after the second revision it is slightly smaller but it is still misshapen, so obviously crooked to the left (probably worse than before), I have a hard lumpy mass inside the right side of my nose that makes it hard for me to breathe, a new sizable bump down the middle which I didn’t have before, a bulbous heavy tip, and its significantly bigger than what I came to him with.

Obviously not at all the outcome I expected. It has been the worst cosmetic surgery experience I have ever had, and I have dabbled. Something I thought would be a little tidying up has turned into an almost two year nightmare for me and something I'm not able to hide, its right there for everyone to see. I wish I had never done it.

I have paid Dr Constantinides over $30, 000 in total, the bulk of which is for this monstrosity on my face. So far he has made excuse after excuse not to pay me the money he promised he would saying his practice has been very slow – TAKE THAT AS AN ADDITIONAL WARNING - I am not in a position to ask my husband for this money again, so I'm at a crossroads. Do wait until Dr Constantinides pays me (if he ever had any intention of doing so), do I get a loan to pay a new surgeon (the first quote I got was for $23, 000 to fix this mess, so I'm going to be an additional $8, 000 out of pocket if Dr Constantinides does actually honor his word), do I sue him – yet another expense? I'm not sure where I go from here but informing others considering surgery with this man of my experience is high on the agenda.

Oh, and lastly – the mid-face lift – compared to the disastrous results of the revision rhinoplasties, my problems with that have taken a back seat. There was virtually no discernible difference in helping the hollowing out under my eyes or freshening up my face, after he did the mid-face lift. When I smile or laugh now, my left eye which was much more swollen after the surgery, squints and closes up much more than the other one giving me a lopsided look, I have been using botox since then to try and remedy that (Dr Constantinides noticed that also because he gave me the first shot of Botox to fix that problem, perhaps he thought in time it would fix itself but I still need the Botox to make my eyes even) and I have noticeable scars under my lower lash line which I need to cover with makeup to hide. Another reminder of the huge mistake it was for me to go to this doctor. More than happy to discuss with anyone if they need any further information.

@Danielle Mono I would like to hear more. Please feel free to contact me:
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Gu
    Gumersinda Apr 08, 2015

Oh how terribly sorry I am for those people here who, legitimately, write about their botched jobs!!! I KNOW what it fills like to have a botched nose surgery! It's so up front, so prominent that walking with a surgery badly done makes you want to hide, to avoid family and friends and others who knew you before which is what I'm doing...Yes, I too had a very bad nose job first when I was only 20 years old, then 18 years ago I thought I'd try to correct it and...no, it came out even worse!!! What a shock!!! Well, tired of walking with a long nose with a bulbous upturned tip, and twisted too, I thought I'd try it again, this time I promised myself not to look for the moderate fees and just pay whatever the surgeon asked thinking (erroneously?) that this time that I'm not looking for bargains, he'd understand and will give me the nose I dreamed to have. I explained to him exactly what I wanted done which was a short, straight nose, what I didn't like from my present nose, and I reinforced my request with a picture I gave him as a guidance. He listened, understood (or so I thought) and went off to surgery which was done about a month and a half ago (3-6-15). Nobody would believe me when they saw me now! Instead of a short, straight nose...I got one too long, too down turned almost touching my lip!, enormously wide, slanted towards the left, nostrils slanted down towards the right, some bumps...A MESS!!! My previous nose was thin, long, with a ridiculously brusque upturned tip. I felt to make out of this a short straight nose wouldn't be hard! WRONG!!! He made the exact opposite of my previous nose (except the length which became even longer!) So now we have a long, down turned, wide nose!!! God help us from bad surgeries. However, not always is the fault of the surgeon since it has to do with the way our own tissues heal and a number of other factors, BUT, we'll never know whose fault it is...BTW...it wasn't Dr. Constantinides, just another NYC doctor. :o(

• Tr
    Tri19 Nov 03, 2016

Dr. Constantinides performed my surgery and the results were horrible. My nostrils were misshapen, I have a deep notch on one that I essentially have to inject with fillers now to get it to look normal and the column in between is completely crooked. After the surgery he tried to convince me that everything was fine and that I was making a big deal out of nothing and fortunately for him I was young and naive enough to believe him. He offered to do a second surgery and honestly it looks worse than before. He is not a skilled surgeon and his work is beyond sloppy. My family and friends have been very supportive but it's been very hard at times. I went to another surgeon recently and he told me that my septum is almost entirely gone and what's left has a while in it. He essentially said that my nose is inoperable and the risks at this point would not be worth the outcome. It was then I realized that the problem is actually much deeper. I live in NY and unfortunately malpractice suits have to be filed from the date of event rather than the date you discover the problem. The Senate will be reviewing a bill next year that allows patients to sue based on point of discovery. If it gets passed I will plan on moving forward with mine. Until then, all I can do is be a voice of warning.

• It
    Itka Melo Nov 08, 2016

november of 2016
    I have been botched by Constantinides. I initially came in for my deviated septum, So after discussing the rhinoplasty He immediately started to talk about a chin implant. I wished I had listened to my inner voice saying ¨RED FLAG¨. When I asked him about the risks he made it seem like this procedure was very simple and had no risks. Unfortunately He IS NOT trained on how to properly place chin implants. He caused damaged to me left mental nerve, as a result the left side of my chin and lip are numb. I cannot eat, smile, chew or even talk appropriately. My face feels like I am having a stroke. He told me to wait but the sensation never came back! now this implant is going to be removed and I agree that he is just a salesman trying to
    get you to get more procedures. It is too early to find out if this rhinoplasty was successful or not. He finally admited by saying that he did not use a good surgical technique. My advice is to look for another surgeon.