Disney Movie Clubthey are dishonest andi want cancelled

I have tried on numerous to cancel this membership, I figured when they sent three movies I did not order and had to pay to return they were a little on the shady side. That was just in the first month. I purchased the movies I had agreed to but they kept telling me I had two more. When I challenged them they threathen me with a law suit saying I would have to send them a 100 plus dollars. after me sending my paper recepts they finally got it down to one more in July. Just to get out of this mess I purchased one more. Guess what I got another card saying I still had one more to purchase. I refuse to buy another from a company that resorts to fraud to sell a movie that cost dollars more that I can get them at my local Walmart.

• Qu
    Queenie826 Oct 06, 2009

I agree that same very nonsense is happening to me, now the funny thing is in order for me to cancel my registration I have to get two more DVDS I was like what the frik...this is hard times and they think everybody can be forking out money so. Them does add up...I HATE DISNEY MOVIE CLUB.

• Gr
    GreezyPimp Dec 28, 2009

I signed up for the membership thing and I want out. I want to cancel my membership as soon as possible, but I didn't purchase one movie yet! I wish these ###ing ### holes would stop scamming people or I'm going to get a lawyer after their ### and show them a thing or to.

• Bi
    BigJason Aug 12, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!

• Sc
    Scammed by DMC Nov 14, 2011

DO NOT JOIN - I have been trying to cancel my membership and I'm being refused without buying 4 more movies. I joined the DMC for my 6 year old granddaughter. They cancelled the account after the original order was returned to them and 2 months had passed however they couldn't even tell my where the shipment went (after 4 calls and 5 hours on the phone). I cannot and never have been able to access their website (account not ready - and email already exists). They finally shipped the order again and in 2 more weeks, the movies were finally received but they still have not corrected their website issues and I'm not receiving the monthly selections by email or snail mail. I got so sick of trying to get them to do their jobs, I just wanted to cancel my membership as I don't have time to spend an hour or two every month on hold and never getting any results. So now they want me to send back the movies I ordered and gave to my granddaughter or buy 4 more to cancel. This company is scamming people and they can't even live up to their end of the agreement. Now I find out from other people they are sharing credit card information with other companies and scams.I can't even begin to tell you all the problems I have had with them and their answer is always "We're sorry for the issues but you can't cancel." This is not how Walt Disney did business and DMC should be very ashamed of the disservice and scamming they are supporting. Employees probably have to close their eyes and turn their backs when they receive their pay checks because they are aware of the dissatisfaction and scamming of people they support. THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY, SAVE YOURSELF THE FRUSTRATION AND HEADACHES... Do not volunteer to be trapped and scammed by this company.