Disney Movie Clubcharged for movies I declined

I have declined 2 of my monthly featured titles but Disney Movie Club still charged me for them. I was going to return them back to Disney but decided not to since they caused my credit card to go over the limit. Each one caused me to pay $36 in fees. I e-mailed Disney Movie Club but they have not replied back yet. I think its kinda funny that they dont have a phone number to talk to somebody in person. There customer service is the worst i have ever delt with. I am going to be a freshman in college and cant afford to pay $60 for one movie with the fees. I urge anyone thinking of joining Disney Movie Club to not do it. Its cheaper and easied to get your movies from a retail store. I thought Disney was a wonderful family company but now i feel differently. STAY AWAY FROM DISNEY MOVIE CLUB!!!

• Zx
    zx Oct 06, 2008

I found out that you have to pay for about two years of membership before you can cancel. And they also bumped me up to some platinum or gold membership which was over $100 per month. we were getting 5 new movies every week!!!

I had to pay a lawyer about $5000 to get out of the membership plus pay over $2000 to ship the crates of movies back...

• 18
    1808864 Mar 04, 2009

ECONOBIKER is probably the dumbest person. There is no membership fees. You have an obligation. There are feature titles you have to respond to every month in order for the title not to ship out. If you fulfilled our obligation within a month you can cancel. Two years is the time they give you to fulfill.

• Bi
    BigJason Aug 12, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!

• Dm
    DMC Member Advoce Mar 30, 2011

If you are having a concern with the Disney Movie Club, please contact the Member Advocate directly at [protected]@movieclubinfo.com or [protected] and she will be happy to help you! Thank you!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices