Direct Buy - Richmond, Virginiaopen house

S

We attended an open house at Direct Buy today. We were promised several gifts for listening to the presentation. The woman who called herself the owner made a professional presentation and we were impressed with the products and service. But, when we were told of the very expensive membership fee, my wife and I decided not to join. The owner was furious with us and told us we were making a big mistake and were very foolish for not becoming members. She was so insulting and angry that we did not stay to receive the promised gifts. The longer we were there, the madder and more abusive she became. I would warn anyone to stay away from the open house at Direct Buy in Richmond, Virginia.

• Rv
    RVA Customer 1 Jul 03, 2013

If only we had did the same thing you did. We fell for the scam and did not receive the appropriate package level we paid for and did NOT receive the Great Wolf Lodge 3-day stay that we were promised. Even after purchasing, they did NOT give us the offer they used to lure us there in the first place. The owner Tim Haney and the rest of the staff are all part of a deceptive, misleading and likely unlawful scam. I read the reviews but thought it would be different for us. I should have paid more attention to the thousands of negative reviews online about Direct Buy. For those who are interested...don't go for the presentation as you will not get the gift you're promised and you're pressured to make a decision on the spot. And the customer service is beyond pathetic people who obviously have no conscious. Stay away!!

• Vi
    virtes Jan 12, 2013

you too could file complaint to the Virginia Attorney General's Office for coercive, deceptive, and unlawful tactics into buying expensive club memberships that have little actual value. My wife and I will file complaints too and get our refund back.

Sal Ladda Sep 22, 2012

You were wise not to join. I did and wish I never had. I feel that they lied from the beginning and that I will never even break even on my membership. Customer service is non existent, some of the staff are very abusive it is as if they are doing you a favor when you try to order or pick up something. Very disappointing!

Sal Ladda Sep 22, 2012

You made a wise choice. I joined this club and I wish I had not. I seriously doubt I will ever save enough to break even on my membership.