DermitageFalse advertising

T

I bought some skin care cream for my mother from this company. They advertise FREE trial @ $6.95. I ordered it on my visa card and had it sent to Mom's house. Later I find that Dermitage has taken $69.95 from my credit card account for this FREE trial. Then they take $73.92 from my account 30 days later and $73.92 from my account again 30 days after that. There is nothing FREE about their FREE trial. They have taken money from my Credit Card account on 3 occasions without authorization. How can I get my money back from these thieves?

• Ka
    KATHRYN OPPOLD Aug 11, 2016

REC'D A BOX OF DERMITAGE - REVOLVING ORDER - TO CANCEL AND RETURN UNOPENED BOX - AND CREDITED $112.15 - SPOKE TO A MAN NAMED - JAIME -
    VERY RUDE AND HE ASKED ME WHY I WANT TO RETURN THE UNOPENED - UNUSED CONTENTS - AND TOLD ME THAT SINCE I DIDN'T CANCELL EARLIER, THAT I WAS STUCK WITH THE BRAND NEW UNOPENED PRODUCT OF DERMITAGE...I TOLD HIM THAT IS FRAUD AND WHAT A RIP-OFF IT IS!!! I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER AND HE WOULDN'T LET ME SPEAK WITH ONE AND HUNG UP ON ME...

THREE MINUTES LATER, I CALLED BACK AND A LADY, ALMEDA, ANSWERED AND
    I ONCE AGAIN ASKED TO SPEAK WITH A MANAGER...SHE ASKED AND REASSURED ME THAT SHE WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE MATTER...CANCELLED THE REVOLVING ORDER - GAVE ME A RETURN NUMBER AND WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE PRODUCT I WILL BE REFUNDED $106.20 CREDIT - BUT NOT FOR THE FULL AMOUNT - THAT THEY DO NOT TAKE RETURN TO SENDER - THAT I'LL
    HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER $5.95 - TO SEND I BACK!!!

NEVER NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER A PRODUCT THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY TO BE FULLY REFUNDED - POSTAGE AND ALL...BUT AT LEAST I WILL BE REFUNDED FOR $106.20 - BUT PLEASE LET OTHERS KNOW THAT THIS IS DEFINITELY A RIP
    OFF AND A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T DO WHAT IS SUPPOSEDLY IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DO...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME...

KATHRYN
    FULL AMOUNT OF $112.15

• Fl
    FLgirl74 Aug 11, 2016

I called Dermitage to cancel the automatic renewal they put you on without your consent. I don't trust they will stop so I called my credit card company and told them of possible fraudulent charges. They transfered my account to a new card number so Dermitage is unable to charge me anymore no matter what. They now have an inactive account number. My account wasn't closed so my FICO score is unaffected, they just transfered everything to a new account number. Call your credit card company and tell them of the fraud alert.

• Wi
    wingdancer1 Aug 11, 2016

I tried to cancell the payment because the product caused my face to get sore. I am taking chemo for cancer so my immune system is very low.Been trying to contact them without success. I'm also a senior citizan and can't afford $105.90 every month. Can anyone help

• Lu
    luvie Aug 11, 2016

I used the dermitage anti-wrinkle cream and didn't really see any results to write home about. when i called to cancel and to return the next shipment, i was offered an almost 50% discount on the product - not just this time, but every shipment! i realize it's a business and the bottom line is priority - but if they can offer a 50% discount if you cancel - the actual charge is robbery.
    i still cancelled just on principle! and business must not be going so well if they're that desperate.

• Fi
    Fiolare Nov 02, 2011

A free trial size of the product is offered for 14 days. If you are not satisflied with the results you are asked notify the company by phone, return the unused portion of the product before the trial period ends, pay the postage and may be charged a restocking fee. If you do not do this, you will be charged $89.00. Do I really have to do this? They can't resell an unused portion of a cosmetic product. Why should I pay postage to return it?

• Cd
    Cdog59 Jun 30, 2011

Dermitage offered me a free sample of their anti-aging cream. I noticed I started to receive an order every month even though I only order the free sample. Then I checked my credit card account and they had charged me $91.92 without my knowledge or consent which I think is illegal. And the cream doesn't even work. I just cancelled any futher order but from what I hear they might continue to charge me, that has yet to be seen.

• Lo
    lola74 May 24, 2011

It happened that, i fill market survey about direct buy home maker and they sent to me that i won a gift( dermitage renewal cream, silver neckchain, )they said i should choose one for free dat only the shipping price im gonna pay&i choose dermitage&i paid for shipping which is $3.97 on [protected] thru my atm debit card.unfortunately i checked my alc last week tues [protected] i was told by my bank that dermitage have withdrew $89.95 from my alc .i called them that i didnt order for any cream why they go to my alc without my conset and withdraw money, theysaid it was the cream they sent to me they took money for.i said it can not be, becos they it was free just only the shipping they ask me to pay more so av stopped the cream becos is changing my color am black person and my face av tone including my body itching me.they now said they can not return my money back to me pls i need ur assistant.

• De
    Dermitage scams! May 06, 2011

I ordered the "FREE SAMPLE" and then I got billed for $89.95 on my credit card and placed into an "AUTOSHIP" program where they want to AUTOMATICALLY charge you $89.95 per month! In THIS economy???? Yeah right! I called and canceled. Spoke with a woman named "Dee". She was very nice and offered me and autoship of $49.95 a month, but seriously - I let her know their marketing is very tricky. I let her know that if they were honest up front - I may consider it, but because they were so deceiving in their marketing, even if the product is good, I probably wouldn't use it again. You catch more flies with honey and Dermitage is VINEGAR in my book! DON'T ORDER THE FREE SAMPLE! IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE!!! BEWARE!!! IT'S A SCAM!!! Shame on you Dermitage!

• Ka
    Kathleen O'Donnell Apr 28, 2011

I do not want this product sent to me and I keep getting Dermitage in the mail; PID; [protected]. I do not want this product sent to me and I'm sending the latest package back that was sent to me!! Kathleen O'Donnell. You can call me at [protected]

• Kl
    Klubes Apr 26, 2011

I ordered their wrinkle cream online. The claim was that I'd get my $$ back if not satisfied. I returned their product (unopened) because I didn't like the fact that they would keep sending it to me rather than me ordering as needed. They claimed they didn't receive the product back. Unfortunately, I misplaced my receipt for return shipping so, of course, they kept my $99.

• Mc
    mcneal Apr 09, 2011

I don, t want no more of your products. Please do not send me no more of your product.

• Gu
    Guyp Apr 08, 2011

OnFebruary 3rd, I ordered a try me skin product from this company and didn't read the small print that I had to return it within 7 days or I would have to pay for it. I therefore paid the company $108.00 for a product that did not work. I called them immediately and told them not to send another shipment; however, they sent me another shipment on March 3rd. I refused to accept the package and the postal clerk told me to write REFUSED--the date (March 7th and sign the package and the postal clerk returned the package to the company. I called again and ask for a refund which they refused. I am still trying to get my money ($114.63) from them.

• En
    endthescam Apr 02, 2011

This business with an Ontario, CA address has shipped a package to my address, claimed I ordered something that I didn't, and has sent it with notification that I will be billed $89.95 + $3.97 S&P every 30 days. In contacting Dermitage (5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy, Unit 400) at [protected], my husband and I have spoken to a total of 4 representatives and a supervisor in the past two days. When researching online, there are hundreds of complaints beyond (what appears to be) their inferior product. Consumers like me are having trouble with similar situations and aren't able to get refunded or even cancel the automatic monthly shipments. Company representatives stated three different times that the last four digits of the credit/debit card that would be charged is 9496. This is not the last four digits to any of our cards. "Sergio" wondered why we were worried about it when we were sure we weren't going to be charged. I am concerned for the individual belonging to that card, as well as for ourselves. I was relentless when I spoke to them, and "Brittany" finally agreed that I could ship Return to Sender. Information online leads me to believe that won't happen.

• Li
    lila20111 Mar 10, 2011

Ich hab letzte Woche ungelogen 8 Paar in Gr. 39 anprobiert und alle waren perfekt!

Normalerweise hab ich 39, manchmal 40. In 39 waren sie ok.

Der Online Shop hier: http://www.uggbootshop.de/

• Th
    TheTrullyM Mar 10, 2011

Dermitage charged my a/c for 5.95 for sample creams which was Ok. Then on 2/14 an unauthorized charged was made for $108.69 for merchandise that was never received. I contacted Dermitage about this but have received no response. Will you please take of this matter as I am PISSED OFF.Reference # is 1539. Posting date is 2/15. Thank You Adelaide Boynes Again I need to expand my complaint so I can reach one hundred words. Please rush this request as fast as you can.

• Li
    Lizzie M Feb 11, 2011

I had the same problem. Some "Free Trial". I paid under $4.00 for mine. I was pleased with the product, but found the company ripping me off. I found them taking moeny from my account (over $80.00) and shipping me product I didn't want. I shipped it back thinking I'd be issued a refund. I'm still waiting. I found on their website that they don't process packages marked "return to sender". What kind of B.S is that?!

J.G

SandraI Feb 05, 2011

They said for mistake send me twice the products and they charge me twice $195.00 that make my account with a negative of 60 dollars and I have to pay for it and they only send me back 99 please can somebody help me with this
    my email is [email protected]

• Bl
    BLI Jan 31, 2011

I received this stuff in my mail on Saturday, I had never heard of it. I called Monday to ask them how I was signed up for this $89.95 a month plan. They asked me had I ever done an online survey or ever entered any online sweepstakes before. I told him possibly, but never had I signed up to purchase anything afterwards (and I read all the fine print). He them told me he could sign me up for the exact same monthly plan for $39.95 a month instead of $89.95 a month. I said that I am not paying a monthly fee for something I have never even heard of. He said he would close my account (what account?) and send an RMA to my email. The email he had on file was a bunch of random #'s and letters @aol.com (obviously not me), which basically meant that nothing I ever filled out online sent them my info, since they didn't even have my email address. At the end of the call, he tried to transfer me to another extension to sign up for their $25000 sweepstakes (really?, omg). A laughed at him and told him no thank you, I am not that stupid. Goodbye.

• Ca
    Carolinesmith333 Jan 12, 2011

i happen to read everything that was on the ad and then more when i was directed to there product page it said no, obligation. I actually really liked the product and would have bought it! Not now so before you say such negative things about people know what your talking about or at least look at the page. You don't know until you receive the email on confirmation. Your already suck in.

• Ke
    kelem Jan 10, 2011

DERMITAGE charge my credit card for free trial package that I did not authorized I did not got the product. How I did get my money credit it to my account? I need help

• Ke
    kelem Jan 10, 2011

DERMITAGE charge my credit card for free trial package that I did not authorized or got the product. How I did get my money credit it to my account? I need help

choctaw66 Jan 05, 2011

I ordered their product for a free trial and paid $1.99 on Dec 2. I did not recieve the product until 2 wks later. With no information enclosed to let me know how to get in touch with them. I then got my Visa Debit card charged for $94.95 and 2 wks later another charge for the same amt. This is now going to make my rent check bounce. I don't know what to do.

• Ba
    Barbara W-Q Jan 05, 2011

I ordered their "free" sample. I was not impressed with the product and had no interest in additional product. My next credit card bill had charges for more product and they sent me more. I did not request it.
    I called them to stop any further contact and made it clear that I would not accept any product. I wanted to return the product and get a refund. They said that I had to pay for the free sample! How deceitful is that. What a corrupt business. They are thieves and shouldn't be allowed to advertise "free" sample! I want my money refunded. I do not trust them!

disappointedshopper Jan 02, 2011

Thanks to all of you who spent your time to write a comment. I too was thinking of buying this product. Not now that I was warned. Cant afford to be anyone's sucker

• Ne
    New York City gal Dec 15, 2010

Smarten up, folks! Remember this: ANY FREE PRODUCT OFFER IS A SCAM!!! Ain't nothin' free in life.

• Ac
    Acey Dec 10, 2010

False advertising should be against the law. I also ordered the FREE sample of Dermitage for the cost of postage. When I canceled any further orders of Dermitage, I was billed $89.95 for the FREE sample. The add is very misleading (for a less than effective product). Please don't make the same mistake I did!!!

Ace

• Et
    ETRM Dec 03, 2010

I just called [protected] and spoke with a guy named John and gave me different excuses and asked me to get in touch with the local post office regarding the product that I never received and charged me for it. I was charged twice! First, $5.95 for the trial product and then 106.20 that again, I did not receive. I finally asked my husband to talk to him because I was loosing my cool. He put him on hold for about 5 minutes and finally talked to him again then said that apparently the Post Office was not able to deliver their "PRODUCT" to me because of the wrong street address! HELLO!!! It wasn't delivered but I was charged anyway. Now, John said that I will receive an email stating that my money will be sent back to my account, that I gotta see then believe. One lesson to learn: DO NOT GIVE ANY INFO TO ANYONE ESPECIALLY YOUR CARD NUMBER! There are plenty of greedy, evil people out there! ERTM

Dissatisfied in Quinlan Dec 02, 2010

I just filed a complaint for Kumaara. Now I want to let people know that Dermitage.com is just as bad. Once again, they entice you into a "free" trial for just shipping. According to the fine print, which I wasn't smart enough to read, if you don't call and cancel within 30 days they charge you almost $100.00 for your "free" trial. The site looks very open and up front and these people are banking on the fact that most people don't read the "fine print". I have certainly learned my lesson. If it isn't a scam, why don't they just put the information about the 30 days right on the front page. The product doesn't work any better than Avon, which is a third of the price. I have already been charged another almost $100.00 for the next shipment. When I called them, they actually had the nerve to ask why I was cancelling. I told them that the product was not worth $100. "Since it is the holidays, we can ship that product to you for $39.95." Once again, I told them that if the product is worth $39.95, then charge $39.95. Not only that, they actually make you pay to ship back the unwanted product. What a ripoff!!

• Av
    avenging angel Nov 28, 2010

I have filed complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the US Postal service. If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company, please say so here, and if there is enough interest, I will see if my attorney is interested in pursuing the matter. My attorney happens to be my brother, BTW, so I might have a bit of influence on his decision. The only way to stop these ripoff companies is to hit them where it hurts- - - - -in the checkbook!

• Me
    Meryem L. Postalci Nov 25, 2010

I was told when I called to cancelle my free trial offer on 11-22-2010 to call back on 11-25-2010 I've been calling all morning
    an for some reason no one picks up phone? I would like to cancelle for product didn't do what i expected. Please do not charge my cheking account any more un nessary money for I did not like product whith in the trial period.
    Thanking you in advance to your attention to this matter. The only customer no. I could find on box is PID [protected]
    My E-Mail is [email protected] Please respond and give direction how to proceed with cancellation confirmation. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving

• Sh
    sharon gotautis Nov 17, 2010

I SENT BACK MY TRIAL PACKAGE, AND WAS STILL BILLED 89;98 ON MY CARD. CAN THIS BE SETTLED BETWEEN US, OR DO I HAVE TO NOTIFY THE BETTER BISSINESS BUREAU? AND I KNOW IT WAS SENT BACK IN TIME BECAUSE OME OFYOUR YOUMG MEN EXTENDED MY TIME THRU THE END OF THE MONTH.
    HOPING YOU CAN RESOLVE THIS, I REMAIN
    SHARON GOTAUTIS AT [email protected]
    please advise

Samko Nov 12, 2010

I never used the supposely free trial offer, because the dispenser to the lotion bottle was detached from the bottle and I could not get it work.I had fourteen (14) days to send it back, which I did; however while checking my bank account online I noticed that I hhad a charge on it for Dermitage. I called Dermitage to discuss the problem, the lady was plesant, but she was a liar. She proceeds to tell me all of the steps that I was suppose to use in shipping the merchandise back, all that was include in the package concerning shipping was, it must be shipped fourteen days after receiving it if I was not satified with it.When I signed up for the free trial there was no mention of being automatically being enrolled in their system so they can take money out of my account every month for products I did not order. Consumers be careful, how you put your info., out because we do not know how many more companies that are literally and legally stealing our money. Beware.

• Dr
    Dr. Sax Nov 09, 2010

Whatever you do, do not assume this is a free sample. I was away on a business trip when this arrived. When I finally opened the package, it was clear that it was a full sized product, and that you were about to be charged for it if you did not reply in 14 days...I tried to return the unopened material, but it was day 16. You can not return it, even unopened. How you can even use it and see if it works in 14 days is beyone me. So, watch it, or they will bill your account for additional bottles, since you just signed up for a delivery every 30 days!!! If you have done this Cancel right away!

Disgusted with Fraud Groups Nov 08, 2010

This company commits fraud...and false advertising. I called within the 30 day period (after using the product for less than one week!). They said (1) it was only a 20 day trial from the date of order...so much for waiting to start using it;(2) that they did not have a record of my calling to cancel the order, (3) charged, without authority, 95.57 to my credit card. I said I would wait for the supervisor to take the call, and 'Brittany' disconnected the call. THIS COMPANY IS UNETHICAL ...putting it mildly!!

• Ms
    Ms Beautiful Nov 06, 2010

I just checked my bank account online and saw that I was being billed an $89.95 charge that WAS UNAUTHORIZED by me. Do not email me, do not send me any products or anything else. However, I do want a refund because I did not authorize you to go into my bank account. I am very, very unhappy with this and I think the better business should be made aware of this!!

Sincerely;
    Betty A Campbell.

• Dw
    dwcan2 Nov 02, 2010

I'm very frustrated that the phone number that had been working for months, is suddenly not being answered, there is no answering service and no call back. Here I go again, getting a new credit card.

• Lu
    lucana Oct 29, 2010

I signed up for a trial membership last year and upon receipt of the product and bill returned the product and closed my account in March 2010. Upon checking a credit card bill in October, I discovered a charge from Dermitage for 99.95. Upon looking further I found another one for 25.90 in September. I immediately called the company about this. I was told by their representative to fax a copy of my credit card showing the number and name on the card and to write my home address on the fax sheet which I did. A week later, I contacted them to see why I had not been given credit and was told that I was going to have to fax them proof of my address. I told the girl that I had sent what I was told to send and that I was not sending them anymore personal information . The first representative I spoke with a week earlier had confirmed that the individual who had purchased the product did not live anywhere near my address and that they just needed proof of my name and card number which I had already provided. Since I was getting nowhere with the representative, I requested to speak with her supervisor. She got James to the phone who said he was the floor supervisor and that there was no one with more authority than he which I knew immediately wasn't right. No floor supervisor has the power he professed to have and he would do nothing to make the situation right. I told him that I had had to spend money and time to try to correct his company's error and that I had done what I was told to do and that I would not give them any more personal info than I had already given. He proceeded to be a complete jerk refusing to help in any way.

This company should not be allowed to conduct business as they currently are. They are committing fraud and are getting away with it. I feel they owe me compensation for the time and money it has taken me to try to correct their error. I have not had my identity stolen as this is the only erroneous charge on my card. They either simply used old info to charge me for a product I neither requested nor received or they made a typo and accidentally charged it to my number rather than the correct individual's number. Either way, it is their error and not mine and any decent company would be more than happy to correct such an error rather than argue about it as they are doing. My credit card company is removing the charge, but this company is conducting business in a criminal manner. If this type conduct is condoned then everyone with a credit card should immediately stop using their card.

• Go
    golf girl Oct 27, 2010

they advertised a trial size for shipping and handleing. i thought that all to it just pay shipping they sent it to me i didn't read the paper work. If they had said the ins and outs that in 15 days if i didn't send it back I would be billed full price. Had they said that in the ad I would never got the trial offer. Instead I'm out 100 buck that I don't have. This was a very expenseive lesson for me. This happens all the time to people is it right I don't think so. There is a reason they don't tell you in the trail ad that in 15 days your credit card will be billed. they got 100.00 from me but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. It doesn't make it right. If they can sleep at night making money at the expense of people that is poor they are better then me.

• Aw
    AWilson Oct 26, 2010

This was submitted by an attorney? I don't believe it. The grammar is atrocious. And the email address is kitschy cute. Please.

• Jb
    jb0703 Oct 20, 2010

I was on the Costco webite and a free trial offer popped up for Dermitage. Free trial with shipping of $3.95. It said nothing about returning the product or you would be charges $89.95. I just called the home office in California to get my money refunded and they would not until they received the product back. This is totally false advertising and I will be making a claim to the better business bureu today as well. I will let Costco know as well what this company is doing in hopes they will remove this product form their shelf!!! What a scam and not to metion a very unethical company!!!