Department Of Labour Of South AfricaNon payment of UIF

Since February 2011 I'm trying to get the department to pay out my UIF. I was not working at the time, and is still not working. I received a traveling allowance of R300 in December for attending a meeting in Pretoria at the church to discuss my feature. The UIF Commissioner says that disqualifies me for UIF. The people in the Bronkhorstspruit office won't help me because I said I will get legal help to solve this matter. The people in the Commissioners office is promicing me for almost 2 months that the commissioner wil contact me, they will not let me speak to him.
I don't know where to go, I'm jobless, have a wife in a wheelchair and a baby boy of 2years old. Can you please advise me what to do. I urgently need the mone. They owe me +/- R32000.

Please help me.
Yours Sincerely
Andre Oberholzer [protected]

Venkat Konduru Jun 11, 2018

Hi There,

I applied for UIF in 2017 May as my contract was expired, i haven't received any fund since i applied. I wonder how can i maintain a bank account when i have no job for months and how can i claim my UIF.
    How will i come to UIF branch again and again when i have no job?
    UIF purpose is to get some money when i become unemployed but i never received UIF amount in my life, i paid lot of UIF and i lost my Job several times .
    So why people should pay UIF if they don't get back UIF for ages? how unemployed person should survive if he doesn't receive UIF amount?
    Who eats my UIF amount if i can't claim?

Regards
    V Konduru

• La
    Lawrence Ntlokoa Jun 06, 2018

In January 2017: I went to the Soweto Labour Centre to apply for UIF. I was informed that I did not qualify due to the fact that I had "voluntarily resigned" from my employment with the NYDA, a long time ago, April 2016 and it was reported like that by the NYDA on the DoL system.
    (Just for the record, I had never at any point submitted any letter of resignation to the NYDA).
    I the appealed to the DD : LOC Ms A Moeng, who subsequently confirmed with me on 11/12/2017 ~ Ref: 02/10/17, that the employer had completed the UI 19 form and UI 2.11, copies of which were sent to me and I told I could therefore apply for UIF.

16 December 2017: I went to the Thusong Services Centre to submit my UIF application and all the required documents, including the UI 19 and UI 2.11.

31 January 2018: I received an email from a Mr Monyepao John Chueu, Beneficiary Services. This was to inform me that my UIF Application had been declined in terms of Section 17 (2) of the Unemployment Insurance Act.

01 February 2018: I submitted a Notice to Appeal as per Section 37 (1) read with Regulation 8 (1).

07 March 2018: To date, I have still not received any information on my Appeal application.

My life and that of my family is being seriously negatively affected by this long and unresolved matter on what I am legally entitled to, my UIF contributions and other benefits.

Could you kindly help me.

Kind Regards

Lawrence Molatlhegi Ntlokoa

Telephone: [protected]

Venkat Konduru Jan 09, 2018

I applied for UIF in 2017 April, still, i haven't received my unemployment fund. This is not making sense and it's pointless to take uif every month from
    employees.

Comments

Venkat Konduru Jun 11, 2018

@Venkat Konduru what is the update here? it's been ages...why did you people take my money with name of UIF?

• Cn
    Cnae Dabe Mambalu Jul 21, 2017

I applied for maternity benefits and uif back in march 16 2016 how ever waa told that i will recieve a text message within 35days and i should just bring a checklist and the babys births certificate. that did not happen i than went back to dep of labour in june in Ec where i gave birth i was than told the lady that was deling with my application did not submiy all the documents she only submited bank details and i should go back to western cape ...i than went to capetown in july where they said all my documents are lost and the lady who was assisting me does not work there any more..i should go back to Ec where i gave birth ...please investigate as i do not have mony to go up and down.

my number is [protected]

Charity Mokwena Jan 09, 2017

Maternity Leave claim
    The services I got from the Department of Labour is very very poor . I visited their offices to collect maternity forms in August 2016 and summit my forms on the 21-10-2016 then I was told to come back on the 23-11-2016 ok no problem I came back now they are telling me that they are still busy with the papers from my employer which I emailed in August and September I must come back next January 2017 December is fully booked . Like really how do I survive I'm only getting a 3rd of my salary I have accounts to pay food to buy a new Baby who needs so many things, why are we treated like this I'm not happy at all or maybe we should expose them to the media so that we can get better services this is wrong very wrong .

Here is my Case No : [protected]
    And my Cell No: [protected]
    I hope someone will help, thank you

Samuel Tinyiko Mathevula Oct 08, 2016

I was dismissed at work in July 2015, and immediately on the 24 July 2015 I reported to the labour centre to apply for my UIF but on different occasions I was referred back to my three different previous employers for a UI19 forms to be filled.And only managed to complete my application in 2016 February due to the delay in UI19 forms from employers caused by labour centre officials not supplying me with all relavant information pertaining documents needed and by not requesting for UI19 forms from my employers all at once everytime I visited the centre to complete the application.Then in march 2016 I reported to the labour centre to sign, but was told my application is not on their system, I gave them the proof of application, then was asked to re apply then launch a complaint against the consultant who was assisting me. In April 2016 I received an sms notifying me of the rejection due to late Application, then I launched the notice for appeal in April, and was asked to report back after 90 days. In July 2016 I went back to the centre and was told to give the application some time for the outcome of the appeal to reflect on their system, and in their system it also shows that I have a UI19 form from my recent employer outstanding of which I have a proof it was submitted with other documents, I therefore re submitted the form but till date I'm still waiting for the outcome of my UIF. It's been over a year since I was dismissed at work and 7 months since my application.

Please assist I'm loosing my patient in our welfare system service delivery, frustrating 7hours excise standing on long queues since last year and as south African citizen, and an employee whom contributed towards the UIF for over 10 years I deserve my insurance payout, still unemployed, have creditors and debts to pay and a family to support.

Kind regards

Samuel Mathevula
    Email: [email protected]
    Mobile: [protected]
    ID [protected]
    Case no:[protected]

• Ro
    Roxanne Dimacale Aug 30, 2016

My children were searching for DD 93 yesterday and came across a company that has a lot of fillable forms . If others need to fill out DD 93 too, here's http://goo.gl/fwqro0.

• As
    asanda Bradley July Aug 01, 2016

Am Asanda Bradley a student at university of Johannesburg, last year i was retrenched by a company i was working for. It was October and by November I applied for my UIF, I was told to come by December and by December i was told that it was still on process. By January i was told the same thing and told to come back again on February. I was surprised to be told by a supervisor in Mount ayllif that my application was not scanned by the lady that helped me and she told me that they had no choice but to restart my application by February. Last month (june)i went to Mount ayliff again to check and was told the same thing, i am convinced that Mount ayliff officials are not doing their job, they pretend to do it while you still in front of them and the time you leave their offices they drop every thing down and only remember it when you come to check your application. It is sad because these people are getting paid for sitting and chatting in their offices . I fail to understand how and official can fail to scan an application form for 9 months, is it so difficult or they are ignorant and incompetent? .Can someone help me before department"s name is brought to disrepute because of incompetent individuals. My id number is [protected], personal number [protected]. I applied at Mount ayliff in the Eastern cape.

• Na
    Nathlee Jan 04, 2016

I have applied for UIF maternity benefits and has still not been assisted or even helped. I went to the UIF offices in Eldorado Park and upon reaching the desk the 2 ladies and one man ignored me while having a discussion and acting as if I was not there. I asked them if that is how they treat people and the response I received was that they were about to close and why did I not come in 6 o clock in the morning. The lady then gave me forms and without explaining wrote on the forms and gave it to me. I then as I work in the Bryanston area went to the Randburg branch and was informed that I need a letter from the previous company that states when I resigned and returned to work with my previous pregnancy; I obtained this and was sent back again. I then applied online; received a sms stating I should fax outstanding forms and the fax kept bouncing back there was no contact details to confirm or an email address or anything. I am back at work; the baby is almost three months and to date did not receive my money, I am a mother of three and my kids had the worse xmas ever all because the department does not feel the urgency in paying out much needed monies. Please assist me.