Dentaquestcrown denial for front tooth after root canal

L Nov 16, 2018

I had received a root canal on my front tooth #9 and it is so fragile and cracked in center it is in need of a root canal. In my DentaQuest handbook for covered services a crown is covered. I even called DentaQuest and the girl on the phone also said crowns are covered, just root canals on some teeth are not. Well my dentist sent out my xrays to DentaQuest to get approval and they denied the crown because the X-ray didn't show top or bottom of tooth. So I went back into the dental office to get the X-rays that DentaQuest requested.. And I received a second letter of denial from DentaQuest. That tooth needs to have a lot of tooth missing or broken... If that's the case the time that happens, I'll have no tooth left in need of a crown and will need to get a i plant, , I'm so confused and terrified that I'm gonna lose my front tooth. All I need is a crown. My other teeth are in perfect condition. Not like I need a lot of work done so there paying for more services. It's my front tooth . I can't eat, floss brush my front teeth because I'm afraid to make the tooth worse. I have lost a significant amount of weight.I'm stressed on top of it. I've done research and once a tooth gets a root canal and if tooth is fragile it is in need of a crown.

crown denial for front tooth after root canal
crown denial for front tooth after root canal

• De
    DentaQuest Customer Service Nov 20, 2018

Good afternoon Leesa,
    We're very sorry to hear about this situation and would be more than happy to assist you with resolving this. Would you be able to provide a contact phone number, where we can reach you? Our DentaQuest Customer Service team can contact you directly and get additional information, in order to locate your policy and further assist with this case.