Dealfindscam

H

Dealfind.com has several locations, however, their main corporate office is in Canada. No doubt in a foreign country to avoid litigation by businesses and consumers. After purchasing a DealFind Voucher over a month ago, I have attempted to use my voucher for over 8 days. I have called the merchant from 4 different phones, left 2 call back numbers, emailed them, and have heard nothing from them. The merchant is not listed in the phone book, online directory, or with the state or county as a legal and registered business or corporation. That is a serious problem. However, the ultimate problem comes with DealFind's customer service. They give you two options: 1. A refund of your purchase price, or 2. Putting the amount of purchase plus a few 'deal dollars' into your DealFind account for future use. If you recieve a refund, you will not get any compensation for poor customer service, the fact that they've stolen your money, or that you've misssed numerous other similar opportunities on reputable daily deal sites like Groupon, LivingSocial, and UrbanDealight. You will only get these few 'deal dollars' if you give them your money to keep. Why would any customer choose to leave their money with a company that has already sold them a BOGUS voucher? Offering a $5 - $10 credit seems the least they could do to invite business back to DealFind. No, they will not hear of it. After speaking with Jason Redman, CEO of DealFind, it is clear that customer service is not important. Getting people's money in their account to make interest for their personal benefit is the goal. Don't waste your time or money with DealFind as a business or customer. You will regret your decision. Please also report these fraudulent transactions to www.ic3.gov which is the International Internet Fraud division of the US Govt. Let's put an end to this Canadian company ripping off Americans, NOW!

CSDealfind Feb 04, 2012

Hi hoopee,

Thank you for your post!

We apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced while trying to redeem a voucher you have purchased from Dealfind. We go through great lengths to follow up with each and every complaint we receive. If a merchant is compliant we make our best attempts to work things out to appease the customer and enable them to redeem their voucher. In rare circumstances where a merchant is not honouring or a business has been closed we stand behind our Dealfind promise to issue a customer a refund for their voucher, no questions asked!

If you could please provide us with your voucher number we will be able to follow up with your specific concerns and better assist you. You may contact us directly at [protected], 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time or submit your inquiry through our Contact Us page: http://www.dealfind.com/contact-us.php.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for using Dealfind!

Jessica
    Customer Satisfaction Supervisor
    Dealfind.com

angryinusa Mar 01, 2012

I am appalled that Dealfind exists and continue to do business. The fact they are in Canada protects them from people in the United States taking legal actions. I purchased a voucher on 12/26/2011 and redeemed it on 1/6/2012. I did not get the Android Tablet until February. I cannot tell you how many phone calls I made to Dealfind and Fabuless products whom Dealfind contracted! When i got the tablet, it was in CHINESE! I had our local media outlet in Philadelphia look at it. They sent it to a professional who said it was a piece of "junk". Gary Libovestksy (owner of Dealfind) got nervous and said I would receive a refund. I got an address to send the product back. IT WAS A WRONG ADDRESS. Fabuless works out of his home in Toronto! Right now the tablet is sitting in Canada at UPS because it can't be delivered. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! You will be very disappointed.

CSDealfind Mar 04, 2012

Dear angryinusa,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your Fabuless Products order. Please rest assured that we are ensuring that all of our customers are satisfied, by working with them and the merchant to get them the product they deserve. We are sorry to hear that you were provided the wrong address to reship the product back to. Please contact us directly at [protected], so that a customer service representative may help you return the product, and help you receive you the refund you desire. You may also create a case by using our Contact Us page by visiting www.dealfind.com/contact-us.php, and we would be more than happy to help you!

Please be assured that at Dealfind, we strive to bring the best Deals and customer service to our customers! We would be more than happy to look into this for you to take care of this for you immediately.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for using Dealfind!

Sincerely,

The Dealfind Team

Holly Allison VH Mar 05, 2012

I am also having difficulties with Dealfind and there is no one with any authority to talk with after reaching the call service nor are there any email addresses to talk to their legal department. I have an emergency which will affect my ability to use 2 deals I've purchased.

• Su
    sukaycooks Mar 12, 2012

I have been trying to get someone to respond to my emails and phone calls asking for a refund for a bait-and-switch deal. The company I bought a deal for says it needs more money to do the work. I have left numerous emails and voice messages for Dealfind, but get no response. When you call the customer service number you get put on hold for 15 minutes and then the call is dropped. This company is a ripoff!

Holly Allison VH Apr 28, 2012

As for me, I've done all the calling and writing and pleading and explaining that I have had time for. I am disputing everything with my credit card company because none of the deals I have redeemed have been 100% as sold and the vendors you use are unresponsive if they are still in business. Deal-find thinks it's untouchable because it's in Canada. My credit card company disagrees. I'm done trying to work things out. Even the most polite and helpful sounding posts are smoke screens- behind each conversation is a smile and a statement "sorry, you waited too long to cancel this deal. they never expire so you have no recourse to a refund or account credit".
    It's the same verbiage every single time. "we're sorry but..." [my comment]: We won't help you and there's nothing you can do about it...

CSDealfind Apr 30, 2012

Hello Valued Dealfind Customers,

Thank you for your posts.

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced with your Dealfind vouchers.

@Holly Allison VH – If you would like to request a refund for your vouchers due to your emergency, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.855.631.6368, or by visiting our Contact Us Page at http://www.dealfind.com/contact-us.php and filling out the Contact Us Request Form. We would be more than happy to look into your cases for you!

Please see our refund policy for more details at http://www.dealfind.com/refund-policy.php:

We believe in our business partners. That's why we can back them with the Dealfind Promise.

So, if your deal voucher expires before you use it, our merchants will still honor the price you paid. If other circumstances keep us from setting things right, we can refund your purchase price according to the type of deal you purchased, as noted below, unless the deal page states otherwise. The purchase price is the price you actually paid: we can't refund the value of any promotional code you applied to your order.

Always check the What You Should Know section of a deal's page for any exceptions to our standard refund policy as outlined below.

If you decide to ask for a refund, we'll need your request in writing. So please use the form on our Contact Us page.

Deals are different, and so are the conditions for refunding your purchase price.

Local Services (any deal you redeem at the business's address, except for Travel)
    - cash or credit for up to 30 days from the first day your voucher is valid, and only if you haven't used it

Travel (any deal you purchase for a hotel or resort)
    - cash or credit for up to 14 days from the day you purchased your voucher, and only if you haven't used it

Products (any deal for which you receive your purchase in the mail)
    - cash or credit for up to 14 days from the date you received your product, and only if the goods are damaged or defective

If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Satisfaction Supervisors at any time during your call, please let one of our Customer Satisfaction Experts know, and they will be more than happy to connect you.

@sukaycooks – We apologize if your call was cut off, we would like to assure you that this is never our intention. We get back to all customer emails and phonecalls as promptly as possible, and encourage you to call in again at 1.855.631.6367 so that we are able to assist you with any issues you are having!

Dealfind goes to great lengths to ensure our customers are satisfied, and to ensure that we bring them the best Deals around! If you're unhappy with anything you bought from Dealfind, tell us and we'll do our best to make things right.

Thank you for using Dealfind and have a great day!

Sincerely,

The Dealfind Team

Holly Allison VH Jun 27, 2012

I have contacted you at least 30 times about getting refunds. the only action you've ever taken is to send me your cancellation policy just as you've done here, assuming that your ccustomer's are stupid, illiterate or don't understand what's written. I've purchased 10 deals over time, all but 2 have been redeemed. For the remaining 8 deals: products were never sent; products were sent missing parts; products were sent @ 50% of what was paid for; products were misrepresented as something they are not; As for Services: service vendors do not respond, have gone out of business or are too busy to schedule the services. I had to move out of my house for mold remediation and you refused to "work with" me to refund my purchase as you've stated *publicly* above, misrepresenting your intentions.
    Stop pretending at the public level that DealFind is customer service oriented when in fact, DF keeps the money regardless if we have received products or services; constantly reminding me (because I must be too stupid to understand) that "they never expire". I'll *expire* before I ever see any of these deals come to fruition or receive the goods I ordered. I want all my money back.

• bad-owner Jun 30, 2012

DEALFIND ... saleman's email address

Michael Weldman <[email protected]>

• Co
    Coralynn Aug 08, 2012

Everyone needs to avoid Dealfind right now. They are on the verge of going under and leaving a whole lot of customers and vendors in the lurch. They no longer have anyone answering the phone and emails take weeks to respond to. They no longer issue refunds, only "Dealfind Dollars." I think they are trying to collect as much cash as possible and someone will be leaving the country with it soon.

• 12
    1234abcd Aug 08, 2012

Dealfind does not care to take the time to see if any of the businesses are even registered with the Secretary of State's office such as House Doctors of Atlanta.

Comments

• Al
    Alexis234 Sep 13, 2012

DEALFIND IS A SCAM!!! They do not honour their referral link credits and do not have a phone number to process refunds!! You cannot call them with refund request! They give customers the runaround and do not respond!!! You can email and wait weeks for them to reesond! They will not give you a call and they do no respond back and do not provide proper service. They put businesses on their site that do not honour the vouchers and they do bait and swithes. They are not a legitimate company! Don't waste your money as they are a headache to deal with! Use any other company that at least has a phone number that you can actually speak to someone. The number they have you cannot reach anyone, its just a machine that does not even take messages. .

Joe Beckmann Jan 09, 2013

Dealfind is still in some kind of automated existence, and conspiring with Hipstreet (http://www.hipstreet.com/) whose voucher they sold and who, at the time, didn't even exist. At this point it is clear that they are BOTH frauds, and anyone buying anything should, at the very least, use a credit card who will pursue them.

• La
    latinian Feb 04, 2013

It is not my job to check up on the vouchers purchased through Dealfind to ensure the company is still in business. I understand that your refund policy is within a deadline of a year, however, the voucher was a NEVER EXPIRING voucher, there was no need for me to call the merchant and ensure I was not going to lose my funds.

This is completely unreasonable. I certainly do not believe I have been assisted in the least. A simple apology and re-statement of the refund policy does not assist me in anyway in regards to regaining my funds. I paid for a service, which I did not receive, and will never receive because Lilly of the Spa is out of service!

Please forward to corporate if need be. I am disappointed with your service and capability of properly listening to my request. I paid and so far have been told that "This case is now closed. Please submit any new inquiries via our Customer Support/FAQ page." Really??

I expect a responsive, followed by action.

Alejandra Maria

• Ta
    Tan222 Apr 04, 2013

I purchased a voucher from Deal Find for accupressure massage at a business called Inegrated Health in Vancouver.

The vendor Integrated Health has been very uncooperative. When I call and try to book an appointment for the treatment, they say that no appointments are available, or when I do get an appointment it has been repeatedly cancelled.

So I am left with a $29 voucher, that I am unable to redeem. I should mention that the voucher has no expiry date, and I have been unable to redeem it in over a year.

Most recently Inegrated Health cancelled my appointment scheduled for April 2nd, to which I strongly complained about the poor service. The owner Michael then became angry, said that he refuses to deal with me, told me to call Deal Find and ask for a refund, and in a very rude manner hung up the phone on me.

I don't think I am the only person having this experience... you can read some other comments on Yelp (be sure to click on the filtered reviews for additional information)

So I called Deal Find and the situation only got worse. Deal Find was not interested in my complaint about the vendor and has refused to give a refund or credit with Deal Find. I think this is extremely unfair when I paid for a voucher, that does not have an expirey date, and the vendor is refusing to render the service. The person I spoke with at Deal Find customer service stipulated that Deal Find does not give refunds. When I was unable to come to a resolution for refund, I asked for a call back or email from a manager. The customer service agent stated that his managers answer would be the same. I insisted I would still like a call back, which never happened. Apparently the managers name is 'Jack'.

I think both of these businesses are total scams, taking advantage of people!

Advertising for Integrated Health voucher on Deal Find: http://www.dealfind.com/vancouver/integratedhealthcentre2

Terms of the voucher, specified on the Deal Find website:
    No expiration date. Buy 1 voucher for yourself and unlimited as gifts. Limit 1 voucher for personal use. New clients only. By appointment only, please call 604.879.9686 for bookings. Valid for 2 sixty minute treatments of your choice, including acupressure massage or acupuncture. Not valid with other offers. No cash back or credit. Not valid for tax and gratuities. Cannot be redeemed before Friday, March 16, 2012.

This is the website for Integrated Health: www.1-1acupuncture.com/contactus.html
    The owner I spoke with is Michael

If you can provide any assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated!!! I know it is only $29 but it is the principle behind this, and I am sure I am not the only person in this situation.