Davisonthey almost got me for $695.00

I was told the exact same things as others down to the t! Even got the lil nice full colour package and contracts. I thought wow, they really must be a professional company! Or just have tons of money to spend on marketing/advertising!! Boy, they really had me interested. I knew this sounded too good to be true. The ratio of folk getting their product in stores and making money off of it compared to those not making any money is not worth me flushing $700 down the drain on a crap game when gas is $4.00 a gallon! While I live in mesquite, tx and they are in pa, the contracts clearly stated contradictory information that seemed to supersede both. I didn’t have money to seek an attorney so I came here. Thank u "i'm pissed" and to all of you who shared your horror stories! Thanks to you my concerns have been addressed properly.

• Kd
    KD Aug 14, 2008

If you see Davison on the internet, RUNNNNNNN! I spoke with someone with the intials TG (supposedly Director of new products) who seemed extremely convincing and friendly at first. By the thrd conversation he was unprofessionally sarcastic & rude while even admitting to the sarcasm. I expressed the I did not see an attachment that he sent me. He was sarcastic about sending it back 10 times to make sure I had received at least one. It was God that I didn't see the agreement. It would have been a big mistake. I expressed that I wasn't in front of a computer. More sarcasm. By then we began to argue. By the way, what professional ignites an argument with a customer. Oh, yeah an unprofessional one. I let him no that a relative had passed and was on my way out of state, which is why I wasn't in front of a computer. Anyhow, looking back I shouldn't have had to express that someone in my family passed on to explicate why I was not accessible to a computer. Furthermore, he only passed the blame to me for not letting him know that a relative passed. Oh, the bogus email stating that he has been trying to contact me for quite sometime & this was his FINAL NOTICE. In the end, he was psycho. Customers beware. It's sad b/c I'm sure one ignorant employee painted an entire company as unfriendly, uncaring, and unprofessional.

• Kb
    k-bear Sep 02, 2008

I am in process of dealing with them, have not fully decided whether or not to go with them. I must say that I have not had the same experience as you have. The thing that you all need to know is that 1. most inventions never make it in the consumer marketplace and you need to be aware of that going in. 2. it costs a lot of money to do what they are going to do for you. I am not talking about trying to get a licensing agreement. I am talking about the research, CAD drawings, shelf ready product, packaging, commercial, etc. I have read there contract and I want my lawyer to go over this with me to make sure there is not anything I should be aware of but from what I can see, they spell out everything to a T. If you cannot afford a lawyer to look over your paperwork and give you an opinion, you should not even consider marketing or trying to produce your invention, b/c you are already behind the game. $700? Are you kidding? You think this is a lot of money? Do your research people. These things are expensive and if you think you are going to become a millionaire b/c you had some great revolation you are really mistaken. Like I said before though, I have not worked with them yet but I think there are a lot of idiots making comments that really are not fair to the company. All I am saying is do your research. Get a lawyer. Look them up. Research other companies. See what other companies charge for what they do. Heck, go to their facility, they invited me there without a problem. Of course, keep your eyes open in the process!

• Jj
    jjs4you2 Jul 06, 2009

I almost payed them the discount rate of $526 to start up my idea, I did one thing before I did, I checked the BBB and found out that over the last 6 months they have had 196 complaints with zero of these complaints reconsiled! The person that was handling my idea was also very nice and professional until I delayed giving them my money and told them my backers wanted to look at other options before we went ahead with it. He started by telling me that other people with my same idea are waiting on me to either commit to Davison or decline Davisons offer so they could submit their same type idea to Davison. I laughed, because I know there is no way someone else has my idea. This could of been just a ploy to get me to sign or this company is going to try and rip off my idea! I have a Lawyer now and am in the precess of getting my Patent so I am feeling better about my idea not getting ripped off by Davison.

• Mr
    Mrs.Jones09 Sep 03, 2009

Thank you guy's so much for telling your stories abut this ripp-off company. I was jus about to have a phone conversation with Mr.Davison himself that what the lady sd with the intials LC .This was very helpful information.

Thank,
    Dallas, Texas

• Po
    poignantflower2 Oct 13, 2009

wow. I have a phone appointment tomorrow with the lady. I guess Im gonna have to give her bad news too.. hope she doesnt get pissed! LOL. yet my idea wasnt too bad. but oh well maybe another time.. I aint got the money to dish out. Thank god for the internet huh????

• Da
    David K. Jan 09, 2010

This is the 2en company I found wanting money up front, I said can we make a deal, they keep 10% and I get 90%, I was going to say I'll give you 30% if you pay for this they said no. They wanted $526.00 up front, and I could make time payments, hummm.I had this idea for years, just sitting in the back grown. Im glad I came to this web site and seen all this. To keep dishing out money and get nothing in return, as you can tell I'm not a happy camper. I tould this guy who called me Tony to call me back Next week Mon, then a women called wanted to know if I talk to someone already, I said yes, but she coulden't fine any info on that call, until she look on, then she named off a few people, until we found Tony. When he calles I'll just tell him no and leave it in the backgrown for another date, maybe there will be people out there who will do what they say. Why is it so hard to find people who you can trust.

fairyqueen Jan 18, 2010

I was one of the idiots who paid over $9000 to these parasites. Turns out that amount doesn't cove promotion. Of course you only find that out when it comes time to promote. Then they demand $335 per submission. Sueing them for deceptive business practice/extortion. I suggest anyone screwed by these creeps file the forms at the following link:

Please copy that link and post on every board. Together we can stop these ### once and for all.

fairyqueen Feb 13, 2010

Note to everyone thinking of using Davsion. They will use you, rape you, drain you till you have nothing. Look at the part of the contract that states they will not not market/present your invention if you don't pay them $335 per submission. Guess what it's not in the contract. You only find this out after you pay them thousands. Oh and I checked on the companies they present to and guess what. These companies will not do business with these parasites and also when they send out your prototype they send it to companies who have nothing to do with your invention. This way they can keep sending it out indefinately and charging you indefinately.

This is a boiler room type operation. The inventigration crap is just a front. If you've been screwed by these parasites file a complaint with the government. This is how they got them last time. Keep posting on the boards. They make their money on the internet and it's the internet that's going to kill them. Rumor has it they're going under, it's having an effect so keep up the pressure. Don't stop till these parasites are gone, gone, gone.

fairyqueen Feb 13, 2010

For everyone's reference below are just some of the names these parasites use to rape hard working Americans and god knows who else around the world.
    davisoninnovations
    davisoninternational
    inventioncity

• Bo
    boboman46 Feb 16, 2010

i looked and researched till i got pretty tired of looking and researching even went thrue invention submission company in an attempt to bring my invention which in my opinion is as good as the invention of the light bulb and you would figure that if a company was out to make lotts of money they would just get the dammed thing out on the market and do away with all this crap of charging you so much and as i'm 650 bucks into it i get a call from one of davison's crew and i ask him if they are going to do what they told me they would do and cover any further cost in trade off of a % of future money genorated by sales of my inventionand then it comes ! he says lets not talk about what was said in past conversations ...? ok no i will talk about what i was told and it's my money and just where can a guy that is on dissability and ssi due from a completely messed up back possibly come up with 11 grand ? i'm not a sucker just a guy with a dream of someday bringing my invention to market and itr seems davison prays on this dream and takes advantage of a man's only vission to succeed in life and someday have the things he has always wanted like seeing his family in nice clean clothes and not having to wait for that ssi and ssd check every month just to barely get by.
    where are davison's success stories ? where are the ones that they have made successfull ? pleas write me and talk to me i'll even call you anywhere in the united states i've got magic jack pc phone i can call you anytime you want pleas talk to me i need to know there is actualy someone out there that davison has successfully marketed there invention for them i see a photo and i see that i have paid much more than what i have recieved so far i know i can buy a plastic binder and then download free software to pute togather /edit a pretty convincing portfolio and toss a few convincing stories of people that davison have successfully marketed there ideas and i believe i can do this cheaper than what i have paid out up to this point so if you are out there pleas contact me i need to talk to some successfull parties that went thrue davison i can always be reached at [email protected] or call me at 971-240-6017
    in closing i would also like to ask others like me to get ahold of me lets try to get togather and find the salution to the problem i think we can team up and find a way to bring our ideas to market we can ### all we want thats not going to get us anywhere the solution is out there lets get togather and find it ! i don't know how many years i have left here i would love to start a legit company that does not bilk money from people and helps them to bring there inventions to market i've heard stories of guys bringing there ideas to market all by themselves it take commitment and i know using our heads we can reach our dreams it should not take so much money hell i ran a 4 plex mom and pops dollar theater all by myself just can't agree with the price of admitance at davison i'm about ready to invest in a machine to fabricate my invention and go it alone i know i can do it its just gonna take much more time and effort just how many people are working on my idea ? 11 grand ?
    lets help each other i know we can do it but we have to try my friends.
    truly
    ktj [email protected]

fairyqueen Mar 02, 2010

Just want to get some names of the parasites that work for Davison out on the web.
    AUTUMN LUNIEWSKI Job Title Licensing Cooordinator
    This low life will sit on the phone and spew out so many lies. She even had the nerve to state that if the patent pending runs out I could just renew it no problem. GUESS WHAT for all that don't know. It's a huge problem. You lose your original filing date and as a result have your invention stolen.

STEVE SMITH New products Director
    This creep is a natural born lier. Will say anything to get that initial $699. After listening to this parasite I asked if he was ever a used car salesman and guess what he was.
    These are just two of the parasites working for Davison. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE THEM A PENNY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY BY RAPING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND GOD KNOW'S WHO ELSE AROUND THE WORLD. DON'T DO IT.

• Mi
    MIKE6969 Mar 30, 2010

PLEASE READ ABOUT DAVISON INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AND DEVLOPMENT

THIS INFORMATION ABOVE ABOUT DAVISON IS SOOOO TRUE!!! I WAS ONCE AN EMPLOYEE FOR OVER A YEAR AND WALKED OUT I COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE!! IM NOT DOING THIS TO GET BACK AT THEM. IM AM DOING THIS BECAUSE WHAT THAT COMPANY IS DOING IS HORRIBLY WRONG! DAVISON WILL CHARGE YOU A PRE-DEVLOPMENT FEE AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE DOING RESEARCH 3-6 WEEKS. WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY DONE IN A FEW DAYS. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ON YOUR OWN!!! BELIEVE ME YOU CAN!! AFTER THE PRE-DEVLOPMENT IS DONE THEY WILL PROLONG EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE WORKING HARD. THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE WAITING FOR A COMPANY AND COST, BUT SORRY THEY HAVE THAT IN FRONT OF THEM ALREADY. ONCE THEY HIT YOU WITH THE COST TO BUILD THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL ### YOURSELF THE COST IS RIDICULOUS!!! AND THE SAD PART IS ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL PAY THIS AMOUNT AND THEIR PRODUCT WILL NEVER GET BUILT. I MYSELF GOT TO TAKE A TOUR OF INVENTIONLAND WHERE YOUR PRODUCT WILL BE BUILT AND THERE WAS HARDLEY ANY PRODUCTS BEING BUILT OVER THERE. NOW COME ON THERE ARE OVER 100 SALES PEOPLE AND THEY ARE POSTING TONS OF MONEY EVERYDAY FOR CLIENTS TO HAVE THEIR PRODUCTS BUILT. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE HOW MUCH MONEY IS COMING IN ON A DAILY BASIS. THEY BRING IN ABOUT 1MILLION A MONTH...THATS NOT A LIE. DAVISON TAKES THE MONEY AND CHOOSES WHICH ONES TO BUILD AND YOU PRETTY MUCH JUST GAVE THEM MONEY TO POCKET BECAUSE THE CHANCES OF YOUR PRODUCT BEING BUILT ARE VERYYYYYYYYY SLIM. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME TELL THEM YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A TOUR OF INVENTIONLAND AND I PROMISE YOU. THEY WILL NOT LET YOU UNTIL YOU FORK UP THAT BIG AMOUNT OF MONEY. NO MATTER IF THEY THINK YOUR PRODUCT IS GOOD OR NOT THEY WILL BRING YOU ON BOARD. ALL THEY WANT IS THE MONEY. MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE ODDS OF PRODUCTS GETTING TO THE MARKET. LOLOL THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO SLIM YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF HITTING THE LOTTERY FOR A BILLION DOLLARS!!! ALSO I HAVE SAT IN ON SOME OF THE MANAGERS CALLS AND OOOOHHHH MY GOSH IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT THESES UNEDUCATED ###S WERE SAYING WELL YOU ARE ON THE LINE. THEY PUT YOU ON MUTE AND MOTHER F YOU AND EVERYTHING ALSE UNTIL THEY GET THE MONEY FROM YOU AND THEN THEY LOVE YOU! THIS COMPANY HAS HAD A LAWSUIT FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THE CLIENT WON. THE OWNER HAS A JUDGEMENT AGAINST HIS HOUSE. BECAUSE OF THIS LAWSUIT. NOW COME ON THIS SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING. IF THEY WERENT GUILTY WHY WOULD THEY PAY THE MONEY. THEY ARE BEING WATCHED BY THE FBI AND THEY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE FBI COME IN.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW. DAVISON DEALS WITH PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD. IVE SEEN SO MANY CLIENTS LOSE MONEY AND NEVER GOT ANYTHING OUT OF THIS. THEY WILL TAKE MONEY FROM SOMEBODY ON A FIXED INCOME, UNEMPLOYED, HANDICAPP, ETC...THEY DONT CARE WHERE YOU GET THE MONEY FROM BUT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE THEM THE MONEY. SOOOO SAD!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE THIS IS YOUR MONEY INVESTIGATE BEFORE THROWING IT AWAY!!! YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH FOR YOUSELF. GOOD LUCK!!!

theygotmetoo May 04, 2010

I am a current victim of Davison Scam Artists! 6, 695.00 later. This sucks.

sasquatch68 May 08, 2010

I just recieved my Davison IDEA-TO-PRODUCT PORTFOLIO. I am underwhelmed. The majority of this stuff is Pre-packaged, mass-produced, form letter stuff. The DVD has little info in it. I expected more for $695. And they specify in the information that the pre-development info is not meant to determine patentability or marketability of my product. Huh? I thought that is what I was paying for?

Also stated in an attached letter is wording to the effect that production of a your product (creating the prototype) is not required to get it before a manufacturer, but Davison will not get it in front of a manufacturer unless you pre -produce it. And if you choose not to pay for the making of the prototype, Davison will not do business with you.

So here is my question. Can I take my idea elsewhere and develop and get to a manufacturer without Davison getting a cut of my royalties?

anonymous pennsylvanian May 17, 2010

If you are smart, you will steer clear of Davison Invention, located in RIDC Park in the Pittsburgh area.

I briefly dated one of their salespeople and he himself told me the company was a complete ripoff. [And why would an invention company need salespeople? That in itself should be a big red flag.]

All that Davison does to get your invention in front of major retailers is this: they send an email to the company (Target, Walmart, etc.). That's it.

There's NO follow-up, NO visits to the retailer, NO other effort put forth other than sending an email (which in all likelihood is simply deleted.)

If the retailer doesn't respond (they most likely won't), the inventor is out his or her money they paid Davison.

Think about it: in 2008, Davison paid a settlement of $10.7 million to the federal government to address claims that they were ripping off inventors.

I know nothing about how to get an invention to market, but knowing what I know about Davison, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money for any reason whatsoever. Avoid Davison like the plague!

• Ca
    Carlos May 25, 2010

Back in 2005 I presented my Idea to Davison, I believe I paid a few hundred dollars for some type of service after, but then they wanted more, so I didn't pay...Now, today I decided (May 2010) to do a search on the product idea I mention to them back in 2005..low and behold my idea made it to the market place..eventhough at that time there was NOTHING like it in the market place .. My Idea was a screen door protector for pets..the idea came to me when my patio screen door was always ruined by my dog or cat..Now keep in mind this is the only Company (Davison) who I told..Is it just coincidence? Maybe! But I doubt out!

I also was scammed in 1996 by a company called NISI National Invention Services Inc, cheated for $8k, what is worse I didn't even know there was a class action suit back in 97, just found out a couple of days ago the FTC sued and was paid over $700k, at least we got a patent for our product from the patent attorney back then, now I come to find out that there are 2 companions infringing on my patent, have an attorney looking into it, what is funny all of the ideas I've had in the past have made it to the market place 5 yrs later...now if anyone knows a company that will help let me know, I have a good idea that is sports related should be BIG..but I'm being very careful with this one!!

• Ge
    Gene E. Bower Jun 18, 2010

They are in the process of trying to "extract" $695 out of me, talked to them today. I'm so glad I got on this website, they can whistle for the money, they won't get a dime out of me. I've been down that road where you are promised money and all that happens is that you LOSE money. Negative cash flow due to scams. I'm done with that.
    Gene.

• De
    Derrick T. Aug 17, 2010

At first I was skeptical about working with Davison. They even sent me a list of how many people have made money with them, and it spelled out very clearly that most people don't make a profit. I learned about Davison through a friend who had an idea of his rejected. If their main concern was to get $695 out of as many "suckers" as they can they would not be in the habit of rejecting anything (Left-handed spoons? Great Idea!). The fact is you can purchase products developed by Davison in stores and online right now. That was all I needed to know to decide to work with them. No company or individual can tell you that your idea or invention will be the next wheel. The difference between an idea and an invention is the money spent to develop the idea into an invention. I challenge any of those who are complaining to try to get all of the services they offer for less. The biggest problem in any relationship is unclear and unreasonable expectations. If you expect to get rich simply by having a good idea, and not spending ANY money to develop it, that qualifies as an unreal expectation. Why would any company use their resources to develop your idea when you don't believe in it enough to spend $695, then share the profits with you? I'm no MBA, but I do know it doesn't work that way. I have had plenty of good ideas that were brought to market by someone else, and I get no satisfaction from the all money I saved by not pursuing them. I don't know if my product will be successful, but I do know that I will have a product, and that's all you can ask.

• Ca
    captbnol Sep 02, 2010

i also thought the davison company seemed not right. after seeing all these comments i know its not right. ive been talking to a person with the last name of walker at davison, for the last two days. everytime i talk with him he acts as if hes rushed, he doesnt have much time. he hasnt asked for money yet but i know he will be soon. when i try to ask him questions the answers are not complete. its just a fast conversation and he tells me that he will call me tomorrow. i asked him how long the whole process will take he tells me 10 months. he also tells me that i will get 90 percent of the royalties with. he has mentioned a fee of 750 dollars to start but hasnt asked me for it yet. i will never send them money i just want to see wheres hes going with this. i hope they dont take my idea and run with it. it just sucks the way they hype it up to sound so great only to find out its all a lie. any comments please respond to me at [email protected] thanks

• Bl
    blujeanss Sep 08, 2010

Davison got me for $695.00. I sent them a webpage of complaints & comments and added a note, stating I want to withdraw from the contract and to please credit my $695.00 back to my credit card. The comments & complaints at this site are mild, compared to the webpage I forwarded to Davison. Just got off the phone with a so called director of new products/Davison. A fast talker and cuts you off when you start asking questions. He did not seem to be intimidated with the complaints I sent him and he thought he could talk his way out of the 10 per% of complaints. And he stated that "I read the contract. It tell it like it is." The fact is, I would say there are lots more than 10% of complaints. I told him, in so many words, end of story, I'm done and went silent. He kept talking fast with a big song & dance. I finally hung up on him. My credit card company is investigating Davison. I will be surpised if I get my money back. Now that I think about it, in the contract, I did not see a time frame, should you want to change your mind. Is that legal... I wonder? Thank you for reading my comment. Take care.

• St
    steffg2020 Nov 10, 2010

I am glad I was able research Davison before I spent $745 on predevelopment. Wow what rip off. They told me all sorts of promises and lies. They told me that it would be a waste of money to get an attorney to patent my idea because the product had to be fully made and developed in their factory before it could be patented. It's really sad because i believed them, and I was going to do whatever to come up with the money. I am glad that I really looked into Davison before paying them the $745 "PREDEVEOPMENT". Are there any honest companies anymore? I guess I will just continue writing my book at least I can copyright my book and no one can steal it from me.

• Bl
    blujeanss Nov 18, 2010

To up date you on "Davison got me for $695.00.
    I received a letter from Chase Credit card, stating that I do not have to pay for the contract that I signed with Davison Design.
    Davison is ignoring my request to relieve me of my contract and that I want nothing from them. But, the credit card company has taken over and Davison is going to have to deal with them. Just recently, Davison sent me a cardboard box with a file index in it and a disk that shows nothing except evidence that they are stalling for time and hoping to get money out of me. I had sent an item that I designed and all they had to do was make it presentable with packaging. They could have done that in a weeks time. It has been months and I have not seen anything that tells me it is ready to be presented to a corporation. My advice is, to put everything in writing, even your phone conversations with Davison. As soon as you finish a phone conversation, write a letter or email to them, consisting of "In reference to our phone conversation, with (what ever you discuseed) with names, date and time of phone conversation." That makes it a legal document. Keep copies of all your correspondance. Make extra copies. You will find some one to share the information that could make a difference, hopfully.
    I hope by shairng my thoughts and telling you what worked for me can make a difference for you. If I should get an up date from the Credit card company, I will be sure to post it at this site. Take care, blujeanss.

• Davison has noticed these posts regarding its ability to develop inventions and attempt to get them licensed. We encourage any inventor with an idea to get all the facts before attempting to choose a route to go with their idea. We can answer any questions regarding our services through [email protected] and we encourage anyone with a complaint about our services to send their complaint to the same address. Below is an outline of our services that we provide, and how the Davison process works.

Step One: All potential clients must acknowledge that invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that invention submitters understand that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that profit is unlikely.

Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we often offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents of inventions that are similar or perform the same function as the idea submitted and information on other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing.

Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration.

The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. Therefore, to somehow suggest that those who purchase our service get “ripped off” is untrue. We can only ask that clients re-read the agreements and compare our services to other companies. You will find our pricing to be very reasonable.

We wish you the best of luck with your invention or idea.

CCA

• Ne
    newperosn Jan 14, 2011

well after reading all of the comments i dont want to deal with these people im already broke and i do not need to be giving up money i dont have, im currently doing my research on this company and i have not seen any good reviews and after reading the comments of the person who worked for them i really dont want to do it. I do have a phone conferance with this guy name Luke Zayzus from the company and ima ask him about factoryland to see what he says. i just want to know after reciving the package with the dvd did anyone talk with a rep. to see about the status of their project??? thanx for the 411 people and stay posative.

• Ho
    hopefuleyes Jan 17, 2011

Man, I dont know what to think...This sucks. i was real hopeful and thought, hey, maybe I can actually do something with my life. Now all these people are talking smack and I'm afraid to pursue with the company. I need some help here. I heard inventionhelp is free... [censor]

• Ic
    I-City Man Feb 15, 2011

Providing invention development services is a difficult and often thankless (and worse) task. I've made my living from commercializing inventions for the past 25 years. My experience includes concept development, design, patent filings, manufacturing, marketing, licensing... and even no-holds-barred (successful) multi-million dollar patent litigation against a Fortune 100 company that ripped off one of our inventions. Much of my experience is offered for free in the pages at http://www.InventionCity.com - a sited devoted to inventor education and information.

I'm proud to say that Invention City is sponsored by Davison. Davison is focused on the most important aspect of inventing - creating a prototype - rather than on patents. They provide a good service at a great price. Much of the discussion on this board shows a lack of experience with the realities and costs of creating and bringing new products to market.

A simple consumer-product type invention costs my company WorkTools, Inc., with all of its experience and contacts and thriftiness, between $50, 000 to $250, 000 to take into commercialization through licensing (much more if we manufacture ourselves). The best of our inventions, if they are for a new market where we do not have an established success, have a less than a 25% chance of succeeding enough to cover their development costs. And, it should be noted, we really are great at what we do. (We won a Business Week Design of the Decade Award in 1999 alongside the then new VW Beetle, the BMW 325i and the Apple iMac for our PowerShot staple gun). Very few inventions are anywhere close to that good. I know. I've personally reviewed thousands.

The odds of success for an average invention are less than 1%. That's the market served by Davison. Davison saves a lot of people a lot of money by not encouraging them to spend even more on patents while giving them a chance to find out if, in fact, there is a market for their idea. Is it a perfect service? No. But I think it's one of the best ones out there. With that in mind I'd ask anyone who's reading this to consider the following question:

How many customer complaints would you expect for a business that delivers a 99% chance of failure even when they perform flawlessly?

Lastly I'd like to say that it's great to see a Davison representative on this board answering questions and fielding complaints. I know the company takes complaints seriously and does what it can to address them.

• Lj
    ljess Apr 26, 2011

i think davison is a rip off and the supervisor was so rude right from the gate

Cherrytrail Apr 29, 2011

Wow! the things we all will do for our DREAMS. I'm skeptical over just about everything on the internet, so lately, I've been looking for sites like this before trying something serious such as this. Sad, but true, things that's been sounding too good to be true has been just that! My Davison representative and I had set up a financing plan at $25 a month. I'm suppose to make my first payment today to keep my idea in their records, until I've made full payment of $7oo and something. I decided to check out their complaints sites and stumbled on this one first. Although you can't believe everything you hear, one should be able to tell what sounds reasonable and what don't. Everyone's complaints sounds reasonable to me. I was pretty skeptical about the whole ordeal. First, I figure if a company thinks that your invention will make it, they will pretty much be willing to invest in it themselves knowing that it will be successful and they will get their money back.
    Second, $700 is a lot to give away, but not a lot to get your invention on the market. Therefore, no company just does 'nice' things for people anymore 'just because'. Except maybe, Red Cross and such alike. Why would Davison want to just 'help' people become very wealthy? I don't think so... the whole they take 10% and we take 90% sounds too good to be true within itself being that they would be doing all the work (so they say). I have discovered a lot of new, fresh knowledge about the marketing and entertainment business since the beginning of 2010 and its nothing pretty. So I pretty much don't trust none of these marketing and entertaining parasites. Even the superstars have to practically sell their souls to have their riches. Nothing comes easy in this world if it has anything to do with that evil green stuff ... MONEY! Do your research people and study the Illuminati/ Masonic cult the rich people such as the superstars have gotten themselves into. It's best that everybody just love themselves, their family and friends, have a decent job, or earn one if you haven't already, put the true GOD in your lives and make the best out of your lives because there is hardly any love in this world for mankind anymore.

• This post is directed towards “ljess” – the anonymous poster. We believe that this poster may the wife of a client of ours; however, we are not 100% sure. A member of our President’s office has attempted to speak to the client and his wife screams through the phone, so nothing can be accomplished.

In truth, customers are not always right and companies are not always right. Communication issue can arise when you operate a company that assists inventors from very diverse backgrounds. In our case, we are contacted by tens of thousands of inventors a year and communications issues can occur. Therefore, we developed a customer care department known as the Chief Consumer Advocate office. This office gathers information about the problem and helps to resolve the issue by applying the appropriate solution.

“ljess” needs to understand that her accusation of referring to our company as a “rip off” is false, misleading and, simply put, NOT possible. Our brochures, affirmative disclosure notice, American Inventors Protection Act notice and written service offer agreements are extremely informative and clear. Unfortunately, we must now consider our legal position and contemplate taking legal action against you in the state of Pennsylvania. From your statements you are subject to intentionally publishing false and defamatory information intending to cause the company harm.

As most inventors know, inventing is high risk and we ensure that every customer is well aware of these risks prior to choosing whether or not to purchase our design and development services. No one here is hiding the fact that inventing is risky. Simply put, we offer to the general public and manufacturers the most economically priced services for an invention to be designed, developed and packaged. In layman’s terms, we strive to provide “the most bang for the buck.” If you have priced out our service offerings you likely found that most design firms charge fees 3 to 4 times in excess of our standard fees with no greater chance of success for your idea.

As for your comment pertaining to a supervisor being “so rude out of the gate”. If this was the case, which we doubt because all staff members are well aware of our phone recording and monitoring systems, why would you have chosen to hire the company to perform contracted services for you? If you walked into a restaurant and the host was deliberately rude to you, wouldn’t you simply go to another restaurant to enjoy a good meal? Obviously, this comment of yours is disingenuous and calls into question your experience with our staff member. Furthermore, no matter what type of business you are in today everyone knows that rude behavior cannot be tolerated by any staff members and is grounds for termination. But, because you did not identify yourself, we cannot investigate your claim and take any action on it.

Our 250-plus staff-members, and the families they support, don’t deserve to be mistreated by you. You have 48 hours to remove all posts. If you choose not to remove the posts, expect to be served with a lawsuit. Attempting to hide behind anonymous posts will not help you. Complaintsboard.com can expect to be served with a subpoena that will require them to release your email and IP addresses and any other contact information they may have in their records. Complaintsboard.com subjects its posters to all legal liabilities for defamation. You may read their policy at http://www.complaintsboard.com/legal-information.html. Note, that paragraph 3 of the Terms of Use for Complaintsboard.com require you to pay its legal fees. (http://www.complaintsboard.com/terms-conditions.html)

Please be advised that Complaintsboard.com offers no corporate advocacy or mediation program to help companies and consumers resolve customer care issues, their site is registered in a foreign country, they don’t even verify if the complaint is legitimate or from an actual consumer or user of a service, competitors can post false and defamatory information, they don’t disclose who actually owns and manages their site and their primary concern is getting advertising revenues from those who pay to run ads on their site. So, you should probably do some research on “gripe-sites” and what they are all about before you further place yourself in legal jeopardy. Here’s a link for you to learn a little about these gripe-sites and what gets posted on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUFDeDrbNyw
    Quick facts about our company and our process
    • We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and work with clients from around the world.
    • We have been in business since 1989.
    • Products that have gone through our inventing method have been sold at over 950 different brand name stores and online retailers such as Walmart, Target, Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond, and QVC just to name a few.
    • Our staff designs products for both individuals and corporate clients.
    • We have over 250 staff members.
    • Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
    • We are a member of the Online Business Bureau.
    • Our services include research, prototype development, and packaging design.
    Thank you for your time.

• Je
    JessicaZ May 02, 2011

OMG.. I'm totally freaked now .. I literally just got off the phone leaving a message for Mr. Adam Nuckels, to call me back after an email I recieved.. Dangit I thought I was going to get a trustworthy company... I'll just go to a lawyer.

Thanks Jessica S.

• Pb
    PB76 Jul 30, 2011

MEE TOO I was stupid tp believe Davison BLABLA..
    They want your $745.00 and..try to get more and LIED for that..
    PLEASE BE SMART!!!

Thisiswrong Aug 31, 2011

In response to Davison's Cheif Consumer Advocate, I think you are missing the point of the consumers with concerns about your company. I am one of those consumers who spent $795.00 of my hard earned money only to be disappointed in the end result. No one is complaining about the risk involved with trying to invent a product. I would think most people realize this is a risky endevour even if you have grand illusions of inventing the next big idea. People are upset about the SERVICES provided by Davison. I personally was insulted when I recieved my pre-development portfolio. I spent almost $800.00 on a product that seems mass produced with the exception of the two DVD's which contained the same information I was able to get on my own with a 3o minute search on the internet. How do you justify this? You probably can't so you only focus on the risk of the process not the service itself. Fortunately I stopped at this point and will let my credit card handle this since I am disputing the charge for inadequate services rendered from your company. But is sounds like there are many people that have gone beyond this point, and invest much more money, only to find the same frustration with your companies PRODUCTS or SERVICES. I hope Davison starts listening to the REAL issues here and makes some changes.

• Ho
    hoozerob Oct 22, 2011

this is one time where I almost got caught up in a scam that seems to be the Davison company. I thank God for letting me stumble onto this web site to see if I could find negatives about this company. The word "complaint" is an understatement here. Thank you all for posting your information so that people like me who are already pretty much dirt poor, but with a dream of having a piece of the American pie, don't get caught up in a money scheme like this. I only talked to the " Director of New Products" Scott Morgan twice now. I guess I won't be doing it again. If anyone has any advice they can offer for a person down on his luck but has ideas for products that don't seem to be out there yet, please let me know what I need to do. Much Appreciated!

• Bi
    big break Nov 06, 2011

i just submitted my idea to davison got a few phone call but they want 745 dollars to start checking patent and things like that it sounds good if any one has sucessfully accomplished there goal with davison before i up may cash give me your onsight 815-401-3175 thank you please help me just looking for that one big break.

• Su
    SULLYRIDGE Jan 03, 2012

I WAS CALLED TODAY JUST LIKE MANY OTHERS AND ASKED TO WATCH A VIDEO AND THEN EMAIL A REPLY BUT AFTER I GOT OFF THE PHONE I DID SOME DIGGING AND SENT THIS REPLY:

Dear Steven
    I have seen the video and oh my goodness there is so much that isnt told in it. Thought to myself first hmm wonder what kind of fee i have to pay first to get the ball rolling. So I went to the davison site to get more details still no fee explination until I seen in google a site showing complaints and man there are alot of them like these ones that I copied and pasted here for you to read.
    (COMPLAINT#1)
    Please run the other way. I paid them $10, 000 and got nothing except demands for $300 for every submission plus they only make one prototype. You never get to see it. If you ask for it like I did they refuse to continue to represent you and you lose all your money. Please, I beg of you do not walk in my shoes. I am in the process of sueing these parasites. Have contacted the person that originally sues them for $24 million and won. Steven Balster 216026303401 these creeps must be stopped.
    GO FIGURE THE FIRST COMPLAINT I READ IS ONE ABOUT YOU AND READ ABOUT 4 OTHERS NAMING SOME OF YOUR CO-WORKERS
    (COMPLAINT #2)

(COMPLAINT #3 BY EX EMPLOYEE) THIS DID IT FOR ME!
    WELL STEVEN AFTER READING THESE HORROR STORIES I THINK WE CAN SAY NAY TO TOMORROWS PHONE CALL AS IM NOT INTRESED. THIS WOMAN IS SMARTER THEN THE AVERAGE CON ARTIST AND DOESNT GET CONED EASILY. SHERRI BURRIDGE

• Su
    SULLYRIDGE Jan 03, 2012

IV BEEN SAVED BY ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS IV READ TODAY FROM GETTING RIPPED OFF MYSELF. GOT THE SAME CALL BUT DID SOME READING FIRST B4 I COMMITTED AND SENT A REPLY AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO AND THEN DOING A BIT OF DIGGING THE REPLY READ
    Dear Steven
    (COMPLAINT#1)
    (COMPLAINT #2)

(COMPLAINT #3 BY EX EMPLOYEE) THIS DID IT FOR ME!

• Sh
    shane2312 Jan 16, 2012

there suspose to call me back at 2;45 today, glad i found this site. i still want here what there offering.

Annamika Jan 20, 2012

I just started looking into this Davison company because I have many ideas and I wanted to learn more about how to get a product to market. Luckily I have not made it as far as being asked to pay for anything yet nor did I fill out the confidentiality agreement that they get you to write out your idea with sketch onto. What really tipped me off and made me start looking up reviews of Davison was the fact that every product I opened up on their product pages had this statement at the bottom, "This corporate product was invented and licensed by Davison for its own benefit.". I went through many pages opening up products randomly and not one had any other claims on it. This confused me as I understood Davison to be providing product idea to market services for the "little guy" inventor as their own pamphlet states. Where is the credit to the actual inventors of all these "Davison" products? I bet there is fine print on the contracts people sign that hand over all rights of their design to Davison within a certain time frame if product has not yet gone to market - but that is just speculation as I have not seen their contracts. However, their own materials sure make it look like what I am saying could be true!

THESATTLEGUY May 05, 2012

Wow! Well I am the sattle guy! And I am under contract with MR D As we speak, concerning my intention! And it's been about 10 weeks as they said, and everything on time as they said, I don't get it. With you other people. But my product is going to market! This month! So I don't know how it's going to come out. But I got faith! That everything!is going to be alright! P's, hope all goes well... Too my fellow, inventors! "THESATTLEGUY!!"

• Bi
    bigdad Jun 08, 2012

scared ###ing money is dead ###ing money u wanna be rich chase that dream no matter what it takes getter done son