Danielle Janine JewelryScam/Fraud

F

To Whom it may Concern
Back in June 13, 2008 I placed a order for one necklace set total order was $14.00 so on the 17 of June I received my necklace didn’t like I was getting ready to return it . it so the 19 of June another necklace comes in the mail that I didn’t order and didn’t like also so I returned both items 20 of June 2008 .with a short note stated I didn’t like please credit my account. so last week I notice my statement was over the limit $48.51 and found
Charges $9.00 plus $68.00 totaling $77.00 both items were returned back to DANIELLE JANINE JEWELRY. my account was never credit now I have charges of $77.00 plus $39.00 over the fee limit Total Charges $116.00 I made several attempt to call. I recently made contact with a person who had a very unconcern attiude and personality .telling me that they would take care or the problem. as of today no one has contacted me. this was 21 of July 2008, very disappointed in Danielle Janine Jewelry.
Very disappointed in capital one Bank for allowing this . for this is fraud at the highest level
I should not have to pay this $116.00 for items I don’t have or returned
very disappointed Customer
Capital one account (8809)

Franklin B. speights

Please dont do Business with this company they will take your money, professional Scam Artists

• Cr
    Crystal Aug 04, 2008

I also ordered a necklace from Danielle Janine Jewelry. The first one was 9.00. What they don't tell you though is that when you order, it signs you up for their jewelry club. Then they ship you a new item every month and charge you 68.00. The worst part is, the stuff they send you for 68.00 is the same stuff you can get for 9.00 on your first order. They don't mention this in any letter with your order or anything. You have to carefully read their terms to know you're signing up for a jewelry club. They also did not send any invoice with my items so I had no idea how much it cost until I looked at my bank account. I sent it back with delivery confirmation on the package and somehow the package mysteriously got stuck between Chicago and it's final destination so no refund for me. Don't order from these people. The jewelry is definitely not worth 68.00.

• Li
    liz Aug 28, 2008

The same happen to me with the jewerly, they were draining my account with 68.00 every 5 days, i call my credit card company and they get the money back, good thing that i did it on time, its not worthy buy with thoses peoples, the jewerly its not good either and i think they just ripping people off and scamming to get money...i dont recommend buy with them at all, and i think it would be a good idea to sue them for what they doing.

• Ke
    Kelly Oct 08, 2008

Same thing here, ordered the first piece of junk jewelry and within the next 10 days I had three charges on my Capital One card. (one for the initial 9.00, and two more each for 68.00, for a total of 145.00). I called and cancelled the "club" membership which I had no idea I signed up for, and returned their packages. I am still in dispute with the credit card company. I do so much online shopping - this is my first scam experience...take my advice and stay away from this company!!!

• Je
    Jeff Berman Oct 16, 2008

I am very sorry for any troubles you may have had with our company, Shop Dani. Be assured that at Shop Dani our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 886-SHP-DANI so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably provide refunds, return shipping information and anything else that will make your experience with our company more satisfactory. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.shopdani.com/TCusw9.php.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    [protected]@shopdani.com

• Ba
    Barbara Cox Oct 20, 2008

I guess I was lucky - sort of. I saw the Ad on the Ellen Degeneres web home page advertising the $10.00 jewelry. I received the necklace & bracelet a few days later. Then...5 days later (I had seen the 'club' fine print but figured it was worth $10 bucks but thought I had 30 days to consider - the mail came this time it was one necklace - ONE ORDINARY NECKLACE at $65.

I called the number for cancellation and also called my credit card to make sure I did not authorize more jewelry from this company and had a confirmation number which took pulling teeth from the C/S person with alot of pressure not to quit the 'club', etc etc etc. Couldn't get a word in edgewide. I hate that type of sales pressure.

That jewelry is definitely NOT worth the price! I will stick with QVC. Amazing jewelry (often on payments like over 2 to 5 months). The real deal jewelry and a trustworth longstanding company. That's the online shopping I do. Stick with the tried and true companies.

I have had several things like your experiences to learn. I just spotted this sight and it's a great sight to tell each other things like this.

• We
    Wendi Oct 26, 2008

Same thing that happened to Crystal happened to me. I ordered a "$9.00" necklace via an online trial offer. I received it and it was disappoined; the stone was chipped and it looked cheap. I just happened to check my credit card statement online that day and saw another charge for $68 from Danielle Janine aka SHOPDANI. I did look at the terms & conditions and nowhere on their website did it state that I was joining a jewelry club. I called customer service on 9/28 and asked why I was charged $68 and Brian Adams the CS guy said not to worry, he would cancel my "membership" and credit the $68. Two more phone calls and I still have not been credited. I did contact my credit card company and asked them to do a chargeback and I plan on contacting the BBB. BAD NEWS Company!

• Di
    Diane Burns Nov 08, 2008

I canceled my membership in October and thought I was done. Wish I had known I was ordering a membership to a jewelry where all the jewelry looks the same and really is not that nice. Imagine my surprise when I checked my bank account and saw another charge for $68.00 for another piece of crap. I would be ashamed to give some of this as a gift and I don't want anymore. I haven't been able to get through to anyone regarding this. I did receive an email saying that my membership was canceled, I believe around October 12, and the new charge is dated 11/7. This company should be closed down.

• Th
    Theresa Nov 13, 2008

This website is BS and so are their "terms and details" which they don't even follow themselves. I'm usually very careful about reading the terms before buying or signing up with anything online, which I did, so I ordered the $9 necklace thinking that's all I would be charged. Just a couple days later I saw a $68 pending charge on my credit card so I called Shopdani.com right away. The guy who answered said it was just a "glitch" and that he would reverse it right away and cancel my "membership", which I didn't even know I was signed up for. That was yesterday, so today, I checked my bank account again, and the $68 went through and was charged on my credit card!! I called Shopdani.com again, right away, and a woman answered, who told me something COMPLETELY different than the guy told me yesterday. She said something like "if you look at our terms, it states that when buying the jewelry, you will be billed the membership fee of $68 and another package is sent out and already on it's way to you."
    WRONG
    Here it is, STRAIGHT from their "terms and details" page, that states: "Each month following your initial order, you will receive one new jewelry selection. You will be billed $68 each month."

EACH MONTH FOLLOWING YOUR INITIAL ORDER <-- I had JUST purchased my INITIAL order a WEEK ago today. Does that sound like a MONTH to you? By the way, I haven't even received that initial order yet and already have $75 worth of charges from them on my credit card. I HOPE SHOPDANI GETS PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. They're not just tricking people and overcharging them, they're going against their OWN terms and agreements. Plus, I don't appreciate two employees telling me two different things. You KNOW it's a SCAM if they can't even get their facts straight.

NEVER buy anything from SHOPDANI.COM!!!

• We
    Wendi Nov 25, 2008

I have a positive follow-up posting for SHOPDANI aka Danielle Janine company. After my initial disappointment and frustration in working with customer service, I contacted Jeff Berman at [protected]@shopdani.com (whom I found on this board) and he took care of my problem. I was quickly refunded my $68 plus the original $9 for the "trial". I highly recommend contacting him.

sandyza Feb 05, 2009

When I signed up their website said (and I printed it out so I have a copy) that after the introductory shipment to expect the next regular shipment about 1 month later. Thought I had enough time to evaluate the jewelry and cancel if not up to expectations. Never saw the price though until got my bill - they sent 4 (YES, FOUR) shipments within between 12/9 (the $9.00 intro) and 12/21!!! I kept them, paid my credit card bill, because I figured I didn't call to cancel even though they stated I would have 1 month before the next shipment. I DID call and cancel several weeks ago. Complained about how many they were sending and the guy said, basically, that that's the way it goes. So here it is a couple weeks after I've cancelled and they are STILL sending me shipments via UPS but I am refusing them. If this continues I will file a complaint with the BBB, the Illinois Attorney General and the FBI Internet Fraud Department. This is a total ripoff - the $9 piece was the only 1 worth the price. And all the rest were exactly the same - junk.

• Om
    omelecat Mar 19, 2009

Hello - everything that happened to all of you happened to me. They even claimed that one of the packages I sent - never showed up to them, or was over at another warehouse etc. After 3 phone calls about the first $68.00 shipment I finally was told they would credit me within the week. Called in a week - said it had been posted on March 11th. Didn't show up on my account till the 13th. After another few phone calls I've been told they will refund my money regarding the other package I returned within 10 days. I'm sure it will take another 3-4 phone calls but the money will be returned.

So don't give up - keep calling - calling - calling!!! I do have to say that the people I've talked to on the phone have been nice too.
    At least now my husband won't be as mad at me! ;-)

angrywithDanielle Apr 18, 2009

I have just had a similar problem. When I made my purchase there was nothing said about a jewelry club. The confirmation email said nothing about it either. I go the necklace and there was another with it, so I looked to see what I had been charged. Well, I had the $9 and TWO $68 charges all within a few business days. And the jewelry is crap. I've made jewelry and sold it at craft fairs for a couple of years. I can buy the exact items these necklaces were made with at my local Michael's. They are cheap crap with horribly cheap chains that will soon turn color and break easy. I know because I found out the hard way using these dame items when I first treid making jewelry. So, I called and got a very snotty sounding woman who asked if I read the Terms and Conditions page. I hadn't even noticed a link that said that. So... I went back to the Consumer Reqrds page where I had initially followed the link... It says it is Bella Sole Jewelry "powered by" Shop Dani. There is a tiny link at the bottom that says Details and Terms. Who ever clicks on those? Nobody. It says this jewelry has been featured on the Young and the Restless, West Wing, The View, CSI etc? I find that very hard to believe. And if by some miracle it is true, then I want to start making cheap jewelry again and see if I can con Hollywood into paying too much money for cheap crap. Why do sites like this that claim to have a good reputation need to hide these scam charges? Why don't they have a proper notice and something where you have to click to agree to the terms of joining a club like and reputable club site that I have ever joined? Because they hope to keep scamming people, that's why. The BBB should make them change this. I am so angry about this. I am posting on my blog, my MySpace page and every forum I belong to and anywhere else I can find. I am making it my mission to see that as many people as possible know about these crooks.

Oh - and Jeff Berman - you're full of crap. If you really want "Be assured that at Shop Dani our goal is 100% customer satisfaction." than change this site. You obviously have seen enough complaints, not just here but at the tons and tons of other sites I've found complaining about your company, so why do you keep scamming people instead of being on the up and up and altering the way you do business so people are no longer surprized when they find suspiscious charges on their cards?

Gee - what could that be Jeff? Because you guys count on the people who don't notice and hope they won't complain or demand to return the items and get refunds? You are a thief and I hope someone brings charges against your company.

• Mo
    Mona Wallace Apr 27, 2009

The company steels people money, and they do false advertisement. Every time I think about the scam they use I get so angry. I've returned their cheap jewlery to them several months ago and have yet to recieve a full refund. So as far as I'm concerned they are criminals. First they charged unauthorized purchases to my checking account and then once the items were returned within the term of their return agreement. I have yet to get my money back. I really wish this company would be shut down. I will never use buy or support anything that related to the criminal group that has the nerve to call it self a jewlery company. Especially when they keep your money after you've returned their junk jewlery.

• Go
    goodecruiser May 27, 2009

I too fell for the $9 Sterling Silver Jewelry with FREE SHIPPING scam. I got charged $68 3 times in 5 days until I called to put a stop to it. I shipped back the two pieces I actually got, they received them on May 16th and to date - NO REFUND. Each person I call says they don't have a record of the return yet. Funny, I have the USPS tracking info. and they received it at 8:59am on the 16th. The jewelry is junk, even if they were to send you jewelry twice a month, there is no way that would justify 3 charges in 5 days. Who do these arrogant [censored]039;s think they are? It's sad that such unethical people and businesses can still operate and make money in today's world. I feel sorry for the elderly who think that this would be a nice gift for a granchild or a child and then they are put into debt over some junky costume jewelry. I am going to do everything in my power to see that this company is put out of business. Consumers must unite against this type of fraud!

Lainey D. Jun 06, 2009

*********************BUYER BEWARE**************************

Like most of you I was suckered into the same thing - I bought the necklace for $9.00 not realising I was joining a club on May 13th. I recieved the order on the 25th and TWO more the following day. On the 27th I called and was told my membership was cancelled and as soon as they recieved the shippment my account would be credited. Two days later I recieved THREE MORE shipments and refused them. this makes a grand total of $204.00 they have charged my account for. I was assured they would have it back per their representative in ten days, well today is day 10 and still nothing. At least they have quit shipping me any more of this jewelry - I am seriously wondering if it is going to take an atty. to get this $ returned to my acct. I am going to write an e-mail to thi J Berman and see if any thing comes of it and call them first thing Monday a.m. ****BUYER BEWARE*****

Lainey D. Jun 11, 2009

*******************TO GET A REFUND************************
    To get a refund contact Mr. J Berman at '[protected]@shopdani.com'. He is director of customer service. I wrote him and within 5 days of my email All of my money was returned. Good luck!
    Lainey D.
    *******************TO GET A REFUND************************

• Je
    Jessica B. Jun 14, 2009

Totally agree with everything said here. I had the same problem. Bought the necklace for 9 dollars and 5 days later there were 4 charges for 68 each on my account...WHAT A SCAM!!! DO NOT SHOP shopdani.com

Jessica B.

• Sk
    S Kai Jun 29, 2009

I'm so upset! I caught the charge before my $68.00 crap was even shipped but they said it was already shipped (it took two weeks to arrive though, so I don't believe them. I think they charged me first and shipped it after). anyway, i returned it and they still have not refunded me. They keep saying it hasn't arrived, tracking info says otherwise! I contacted Jeff Berman but either he is on vacay or he's tired of these emails and has stopped responding. I'm going to call again when they open. I'm getting so frustrated.

Lainey D. Jun 29, 2009

**************THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFFF*******************

This company advertises Jewelry at a low price and after you buy it they sign you up for a club and send multiple packages at $68.00 each and charge them to you without notification, then they make you go through all kinds of B.S. to get your Money back. The jewelry is of poor quality and not even worth the $9.00 they charge you to begin with, much less the $68.00 you are charged for the following 'Club Purchases'. This is definately a company to stay away from and avoid doing business with in any form or fashion!!!

lauraleiwhit Jul 07, 2009

I have been dealing with shopdani.com (Danielle Janine Jewelry) since 5/4/09. Much like the many other posters here I had two 68$ charges taken out of my acct within 2 days of placing the initial order.

I have spoken to supervisors and been assured by email and fax that they are going to credit my card for both charges. However, I have yet to see those credits.
    *********************** TO GET A REFUND***********************
    I spoke to my bank tonight and they advised that I FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE FORM.

I WORK IN A PHONE/INTERNET CLUB INDUSTRY AND WHEN YOU FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE THE COMPANY THAT ISN'T CREDITING YOU 99% LOSES THE DISPUTE.

CONTACT YOUR BANKS FOLKS!!!
    **********************TO GET A REFUND************************
    SINCERELY,
    ANOTHER DANI SCAMEE

• Ka
    KathyP50 Jul 27, 2009

This is ugly, cheap, child-sized jewelry - rip-off stuff and the company charges $68 each piece after they have sent you the first cheap piece. They send out the first piece in your $68 (I thought it was a club and they would just charge $68 for all subsequent shipments, maybe per year - but NO - EACH PIECE!!!)club membership immediately and charge it before you even receive the first piece. It's uglier than the picture above - and the chain is short. Don't fall for this!!!

• Ca
    Caryn Zimmer Jul 30, 2009

I had the same thing happen. No where on the site that I ordered the $9.00 necklace did it say anything about joining a club. Within 8 days, I was shipped 5 more neclaces (well, only 4, the fifth box arrived empty. I was still charged $68.00 for it) I called to cancel and was told that I would get a refund of $370.00 after all of the necklaces are "restocked". Bull. Luckily my credit card company is going to deal with Danielle Jewelry themselves. For the time being, I'm still out $370.00. I can't believe that this company is still in business. There are complaints all over the web. You would think it could be closed down for fraud.

• Mi
    MichelleCol Aug 14, 2009

Oh I wish I had searched the internet with their name before I signed up for their initial $2 order for 2 pieces. I figured that a reputable business would give you a chance to see their product before trying to rope you into anything. The day I receive my 2 pieces I also got a third shipment! Of course it was a Friday and I couldn't find an email on their website. Everything says to call. What they don't say is when you call you will be greeted by a very rude person called Nate. i checked my credit card statement and saw they had charged me the $2 and then for the next 3 days they charged me $68 each day! Which meant more of this crap was coming to me. Who on earth wants jewelry shipped to them every day?! No one! So I explained to Nate what happened and he was snotty. Told me I was getting semi-automatic shipments. I said who would think that meant every day? and He said" well it says semi!" I told him to stop shipping and send me credits. He told me (with a great amount of sighing) that I should send back the one I had, the two more coming and keep the initial $2 order that I was responsible for. He told me he would credit me (HA!) and send an email confirmation to my account. When I asked him to verify my email address he said "well it's the one you signed up with!" I made him read it back but I've never experienced someone so rude. Customer service??? Right Jeff! I waited for the next two shipments, spent $20 in UPS fees and sent them back yesterday. Today I get home to another piece of crap in the mail. I called my credit card company again and they told me I had to file a dispute which I'm doing. They canceled my credit card since there was yet another charge made (I expect my 5th wrong shipment on Monday). The credit card company told me I most likely was not going to receive a credit since the day I complained they charged me again and the day after. So now what? I'm filing the complaint and printing all of your posts to send too. I've never been scammed before so I guess I should have expected it sooner or later. My husband is furious and has called his lawyer friend who is filing a suit against Danielle Janine Jewelry. I am also complaining to the BBB and have posted on twitter and facebook. I've never felt so violated. Unitl I receive a cashiers check for the full amount I will not stop spreading the word of their lies.

• Ni
    Nikki-Lee Aug 20, 2009

CONTACT BBB.org and complain.
    thats what I just did. They took over $400 from my account. plus $70 in overdraft fees! the claim its a semi monthly program, but I got 6 packages in 6 days! I canceled after the 4th day and still recieved two [email protected]
    PLEASE COMPLAIN WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!

• Ta
    Taiya Sep 01, 2009

Uhhh! Another fly on the spider web. I to am a victim of a pretty good racket ring. I t0o just received my $2 dollar deal that turned into $2 plus $68 plus $68=$138, charges before I received the so called jewely that didn't end up what I had even ordered.

Well to the bank I go in the weeee morning. Not going to deal with this crap.
    Lesson learned: NEVER follow a link that says you can get something free, the free thing never comes and you end up spending money on crap you didn't sign up for and crap you did receive.

THE NEVER ENDING CRAP SCAMS HATER

• Th
    thewrightstuff Sep 12, 2009

I too bought into the jewelry. I am the worst of the lot. I did not read the fine print and received a total of 15 pieces. I loved my $9.00 piece and it was worth what I paid for it. After that, I kept receiving pieces. I went online and then read the fine print on anothe page to see that it was a membership at @68.00 each. I was now receiving pieces every two weeks, sometimes twice a week. I called and cancelled at the 6th additional shipment and asked about returning being told to return for a full refund. I kept getting shipments. After another 3 shipments I called back and was told that I had not cancelled my membership. I cancelled again. I was told that another 5 pieces were already released to ship and could not be stopped. I returned everything. they received it on august 12th. I have been calling and calling. I get told that it takes one to two billing cycles for the credit to show up...I used my debit card. I called my bank who says at the most it takes 5 days, however it should not take that long. I became angry and found this site on September 10th. After reading each complaint I said not me. I will not be taken and I wonder if the owner knows that his customer service team is treating customers this way. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. after fully looking at this site I discovered that shopdani.com is owned by Brian Dale of Peel Incorporated. He can be emailed at [protected]@peel.com. I also went to the BBB site and found the Peel, Inc phone number. It is Phone: [protected]. In my case it was late and after housrs. They have a name phone directory where you type in the first 4 letters of the first name of the individual you wish to speak to, and then press star. Of course I entered the first four of his name and I got his voicemail. I left a message requesting an immediate call and left my home and cell phone (I had a doctors appt the next day). On September 11th, we were on the way to the doctor and my cell phone rang. His company customer service manager, Jennifer called me. He had forwarded my message to her. she was glad to hear from me because they had no idea that people were being treated like this and agreed that it is unacceptable. She could view every time I had called and who I had spoken with and was going to discuss this with the customer servie manager at shopdani.com. She can be reached directly at [protected], ext. 18. she immediately went in and credited me for the full shipments as we spoke and requested that I give it 72 hours to credit to my account. she asked that if iin 72 hrs it did not credit to my account that I call her back. Today, September 12th, I checked the bank and the full credit amount was posted to my bank acccount this morning. If more people researched how to contact the main company you might get results. Please contact Jennifer for results and maybe we will see a turnaround at shopdani.com!
    Sincerely,
    Cathy Wright

• Jg
    jglee Sep 16, 2009

My credit card was charged for the 9.00 peice of jewlery, but I never ordered it! How they got my name and card number is a mystery to me. I had never heard of this company until I recieved the jewlery. When I contacted the rep, she told me to mail back at my own expense because they did not accept c.o.d. packages and I would be refunded my 9.00 in 30-60 days. What a bunch of crap! I expect to also be refunded the shipping cost also.
    I have had to call the bank and cancel my card because she informed me other jewlery was enroute to my residence as we spoke. Me or my husband either one ordered this stuff. It sounds like they buy your card number and just start sending you junk. Thank goodness I was only taken for the 9.00 and nothing more, but the pure aggravation of having to deal with canceling my card and filing a dispute is uncalled for!

• Di
    Diane Mon Sep 23, 2009

I also had the same thing happen to me! I orgered a $9.00 necklace and recieveded this piece of junk a short time later. within 2 weeks 2 more packages arrived and again within 10 days 2 more arrived, and then another, By the time all is said and done, I lost $349.00. To make matters worst I started 2 get overdrafts pullede out of my account to the tune of $180.00. Now the bank has overdrafted my account $280 for the fact Dani never reemburst my account! I am disabled, have been this way sxince 1997. Don't know what to do or where to get help! BEWARE PEOPLE, BE VERY AWARE! ALL THEY DO IS RIP PEOPLE OFF AND THE BANKS DON'T HELP EITHER! Oh yes, I never recieved an invoice for any of their products either!

• Mz
    mzmaria Nov 08, 2009

I signed up when Danielle Janine Jewelry was running $2 promotion. They took the $2 but a few days later then withdrew $68 before I even get the promotion jewelry. I called the toll-free number on the letter to cancel and talked with a representative which said I would receive my $68 in 2 billing cycles that was 2 months ago. I called several times since between the 10am -6pm time frame and only get a automatic voice mail which I left messages.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Le
    Leslie Mondrick Nov 13, 2009

I returned mine in June and called to cancel and all was good. Then end of Oct 2009 I see $89 taken off my card. and then I get another necklace in the mail. Not even my address!!! I call and call to no avail. Two weeks later another $89 off. I call and call and no return phone calls. I filed a report with the BBB of Illinois and find lots of complaints against this company. My company is going to change the numbers of my card to stop them but it freezes my card for 10-14 days. I can file a dispute and it could take 3-4 months to get my money back.

That Necklace is worth about $10 if that. I certainly am not paying $89 every other week for one.

• Ou
    outcry99 Nov 13, 2009

I put in my complaint with the bank back on Sept 1, 2009 they now say because of the semi monthly that I put in the 2nd order and should have to pay the 80$ for product I only have the first $9 piece in my hands, First off the order I did get was not even close to the earrings I ordered but some necklace I could have made for 3$ with products from our local Michael's or any other craft store..
    I think perhaps its time we the people maybe consider trying to get a multiclass action lawsuit on Danielle Janine Jewelry..

• De
    DebbyM Nov 28, 2009

PLEASE EVERYBODY!!! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM, THEY WILL KEEP TAKING MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT! IF YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NUMBER, CLOSE THE CARD IMMEDIATELY! I AM FIGHTING TO GET A TOTAL OF $285.00 BACK FROM THEM RIGHT NOW, I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB AND MY BANK IS INVESTIGATING FRAUDULENT CHARGES BY THEM! I ORDERED THEIR PIECE OF CRAP NOT WORTH $1.00 NECKLACE FOR $9.00 TRIAL AND THEY IMMEDIATELY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $70.00, SENT ME 2 NECKLACES AND TOLD ME TO SEND THE ONE BACK UNOPENED TO GET THE $70.00 REFUNDED, I DID AND ALSO CANCELLED ANY FURTHER SHIPMENTS OR CHARGES TO MY CARD, THEY TOLD ME THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY MORE CHARGES OR SHIPMENTS FROM THEM, THAT WAS SEPTEMBER 4TH, YESTERDAY THEY TOOK 2 CHARGES OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR $89.00 AND NEVER DID REFUND THE $70.00! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE, YOU CANNOT GET A PERSON ON THE PHONE ANYMORE, YOU GET A RECORDING TELLING YOU TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE REP, AFTER ABOUT 4 OR 5 MINUTES IT COMES BACK AND SAYS "UNFORTUNATELY ALL REPS ARE BUSY, LEAVE A MESSAGE" AND THAT MSG WILL NEVER GET A RETURN PHONE CALL! SCAM...SCAM...SCAM...!!! CALL YOUR BANK IMMEDIATLY TO CANCEL ANY CARD YOU HAVE USED WITH THEM, THEY WILL KEEP TAKING RANDOM AMOUNTS OF MONEY FROM YOU WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION!!! I ALSO TRIED TO CALL FROM MY HUSBANDS PHONE THINKING THEY MIGHT HAVE BLOCKED MY NUMBER BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE PHONE CALLS I MADE TO THEM AND WHEN I CALLED FROM HIS PHONE I GOT "THIS TOLL FREE NUMBER DOES NOT ACCEPT PHONE CALLS FROM THIS AREA CODE!!! I AM SERIOUS, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! CHECK THEM WITH THE BBB, A BAZILLION COMPLAINTS!!!

• Sk
    S Kai99 Nov 28, 2009

I finally go tmy refund! just keep emailing Jeff and call every weekday. it's tedious, but I got my 128.00 back.

• Af
    AFYandle Jul 24, 2010

I still have the receipt from UPS store where I mailed the junk back...like many of you I got 3 junk necklaces of supposed gem stones. Funny the gemologist said it was plastic. I called every month it went from 30 days to 60 days to 90 days then in November I called said I would have the 207.00 back in my account. The day after Thanksgiving I checked my account online and low and behold I had another charge of 89.00 in my account. Turned this on over to my bank and they got the refund. But too late for the other one. I just emailed Jeff lets see what happens.

I too posted it on Farm Town, where I did this for coinage for the game and on my facebook account. I also contacted the BBB in Chicago and the Attorney Generals office and filed with them. Didn't think of the FBI fraud department.

• Mu
    Mustang68 Aug 16, 2016

In December 2008 I ordered jewelry online and then received another package from this company indicating it is a membership that I would be receiving jewelry monthly. I immediately called them and cancelled and sent the jewelry back, they refunded the membership fee that they had taken from my checking account in the amount of $89. November 24 I noticed an transaction on my bank statement on line that $89 was taken out again for this same company, and November 27 another $89 was taken out. I notified my bank, they could not do anything for a check card transaction to stop it, told me to contact the company that took the money and then contact their dispute department. This seriously overdrafted my account. Being a holiday weekend it will take time to resolve because the company is only open Mon-Fri. That is a total of $178 they took from me without authorization since the cancellation in 2008.

• Js
    J.Springer Aug 16, 2016

Same thing happened to me and if you get any refund from this company, you will be lucky. I had to file a police report for fraud and my bank is refunding me. I cancelled my "membership" to this jewelry club (which I never authorized either) in November 2008 and just last week (11/27/09) they charged my debit card $89 out of the blue. No one has ever returned the numerous messages I've left on their customer service line and no live person ever answers.

• Si
    simonj1980 Aug 16, 2016

ON 9/28/09, Through a promotion on Zynga Games I accepted the offer of buying 2 necklaces for 2 dollars. The application also stated that I would have three weeks to cancel my membership before another piece was sent out to me at the price of 68 dollars. I would than recieve one piece of jewlery at this price everytwo weeks.
    A week later I recieved a piece that was not the two for two promotion and my account was charged 68.
    I called and told asked them why I was sent that necklace when I was not to recieve on for three weeks after signing. I cancelled my account and told them I would send the item back. The following week with in two days time I recieved two more items and was charged 68 for each. I called but it was past business hours. The next day I called them from my break asked why I was recieving more jewlery when I cancelled my subscription and sent the peices back. They said that I was not in the computer as cancelled and so he than said that he made sure that it was cancelled and that from the time they recieved the 3 items it would take 30 days for me to recieve the money. I asked about the two pieces I actually ordered and they said they were back ordered.
    The last time I was actually able to get hold of them was 10/20/09 when they confirmed that they had recieved the items in question and I should be recieveing my refund for them. It has been 38 days since my call and I have called them everyday and have not been able to get though. I have left messages for them to call me back. I have heard nothing from them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices