Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]no exam confirmation letter received for june examinations

M May 29, 2019 Review updated:

Good day, If I had to complain about everything that is wrong with Damelin, this site will probably not be able to contain it.

I have registered with this pathetic institution on 31 December 2018, was sold dreams by Xoliswa in Durban. I paid my deposit 2 days later after her pestering me to do so. After paying my fees … radio silence!!! Yes, all they do is take your money and do not provide any sort of service.

After NUMEROUS calls in January and February about my study material, I only ended up getting my study material at the beginning of March!! And worse, it was only half of the material. The balance of the material came about a week later.

I noted that my assignments needed to be submitted by 29 March 2019. I submitted all my assignments timeously and noted that exam registrations for June exams open on 3 April 2019.

I then sent off my application on 4 April 2019 in accordance with their requirements. And again... radio silence!!!

I continuously call to follow up on my confirmation letter and get pushed from pillar to post.

I was informed that my application was loaded on their spreadsheet and advised that I am scheduled to write on 7 June 2019 and 10 June 2019.

I have a full time job and in order to apply for study leave, I have to attach the confirmation letter that this stupid institution fails to provide.

This is causing me distress and I am unable to apply for leave and do not know where I even write.

• C
      May 30, 2019

Hi there, did you get any feedback?

I am currently pestering the sales department to get me to speak to ANYONE in management that actually answers their phone. So far, I have got Felix's number which is [protected]. As usual no answer.

• C
      May 30, 2019

I am also a student of damelin correspondence and after calling every single number I could find for them I managed to find out that Damelin is now closed and has been taken over by Intec College. A large amount of staff have been retrenched hence this is the reason why I have been unable to contact them for 2 weeks.

• O
      Jun 09, 2019

Hi same story with me. No assignments results, no june exams confirmation letter n no time table. All contacts i made telephinically n also visiting the branch in east london have all been in vain. I applied for course cancellation now so i can go somewhere else to register my course. Xoliswa who also registered me in december 2018 is no where to be found. On the other hand they keep taking the installment money. Damelin only calls when they want to confirm payment n u cant ask them nothing they can answer.

This was the waste of my six month of study time n have disturbed my carrier plans. I will sue this institution if i get a chance to.

• M
      Jun 25, 2019

this college is worse that hell, you will keep on calling without no answer, and they don't really care about their students, we submits assignments they do not reply if they have received them or not, no exam confirmation letters are emailed to their students actually after you have paid your funds they don't give a damn about you, so i will like to get my refunds of R24000. i have asked for an extension to study i have emailed the letter several times to date i have not been responded, i wouldn't be surprised if it was owned by indians, so please if i need to get my refund what steps do i need to take, i have missed my exams twice,