CVS Pharmacymissing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription.

D Review updated:

On October 22, 2010 at 4:54 I picked up my prescriptions from the above
referenced pharmacy. At 5:50 p.m. I noticed my bottle of Oxycodone did not feel right. So I counted my pills and realized that I only had 60 pills and I should have had 150 pills. I immediately called the pharmacy. I explained my situation
to one employee and the employee asked me to hold on for the Pharmacist, then
another person came on the line and I explained the problem to her. The second employee told me that the Pharmacist would count the stock and return my call in 30 minutes. After an hour and a half when I had not received a call back, I called the Pharmacy. I asked for the Pharmacist and told the gentlemen who answered my name. He said, the Pharmacist counted the stock and our stock is not off. I explained the stock had to be off because I only have 60 pills and I should have had 150, I told him I know how to count and he should tell the Pharmacist to check again. He said, our count is right. The pharmacist would not speak to me either time I called and I suspect that Pharmacist would not speak to me because the Pharmacist knows what happened to my pills. If there stock is correct, then they have done something with the paperwork or prescriptions or the medications to make it correct. It cannot be correct if
they are doing everything they should be doing.

I take these pills for back pain and my insurance only allows me to fill a
prescription every 30 days. I would like the CVS Pharmacy and all of it's
staff, especially the Pharmacist investigated. I will not use this CVS Pharmacy again but I would like the rest of my Oxycodone for the month.

I went in to the Pharmacy on Saturday 10/23 to speak with the Pharmacy manager. I explained my situation to her and she said, sorry, we watched the video the pills were counted twice and logged correctly. Our count is correct. I explained that I am not concerned about their count. Obviously something happened to my bottle of pills after it was counted and logged and before I picked it up. She called over some grouchy little old lady who said she personally reviewed the video and I left with 150 pills. I told her that she could not have viewed the video from 10/20 when my pills were filled to the time I picked them up in the evening of 10/22.
I dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the prescription paperwork says that 2 of the prescriptions (oxycodone and morphine) were filled a couple of hours later on 10/22 but the cymbalta and soma were not filled until the morning of 10/22. There were 4 bottles in one bag with the oxycodone and morphine paperwork stapled together and the other 2 scrips added stapling all 4 together. Obviously the oxycodone and morphine were filled and were put somewhere, probably in a bag on 10/20 evening, when they filled the other 2 scrips on 10/22 and put them all together, is most likely when they stole my pills. But when I explained this to the Pharmacy manager she was rude, and said, she did had said all she was going to say to me, if the authorities wanted to look into it they could, but she is not going to look any further. She actually accused me of someone in my household taking my pills or me losing them or lying. When I explained that I left the pharmacy, went to Walmart, before I got out of my car I put all scrips in my purse, and zipped the middle zipper, when I returned to my car an hour later after grocery shopping the zipper was still zipped and that is when I noticed the pills were not there.
I sent a complaint form to the NV State Pharmacy Board and called the police. The police were supposed to return my call today to take my report but they have not done so yet.
The Pharmacy Manager should not be a manager if she is not smart enough to figure out that it doesn't make sense for them to fill 2 of the 4 medications, the narcotics, on one day, and fill the other 2 meds, 2 days later, leaving an opportunity for an employee to open the bag of the and remove an already filled bottle. The Pharmacy manager should lose her job and the Pharmacist's on all shifts should be fired and lose their licenses for allowing this to happen.

• Au
    Audrey Parker Sep 05, 2017

The same thing happened to a friend of mine a couple years ago. When she got home, she realized she was short 20 pills of 5mg Percocet. CVS (yes, CVS) said they counted twice and the Rx was filled correctly. Once you leave the store, they won't do anything. So, from that point on, when my friend got her Rx, she opened it right there and counted every pill. They asked her to step aside for other customers and she refused, recounting how they had shorted her before. When they realized she was counting her pills before she left, she was never short again. If you suspect you're being shorted, always count your pills BEFORE leaving the store, preferably in front of the cashier or pharmacy tech. They know customers don't usually count their pills and trust the pharmacy to fill it correctly, but there are addicts working in the pharmacy, too. Buyer Beware!!!

• Pa
    pattyofurniture Feb 15, 2017

I had a very similar experience with the wrong number of oxycodone pills. This was a couple of years ago, but your post reignited my interest AND my anger! I went home after filling my script for 60 pills. When I looked at the bottle, it didn't seem like the usual amount so I counted them. If memory serves me correctly, I had roughly 40 pills. Now, the bottle never left my possession and I DO NOT abuse the medication! I called the CVS where I had them filled and the pharmacist checked and said that I was indeed shortchanged and that I should return to the pharmacy to pick up the remainder. Now here's the weird part: I go back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me (I think) six pills. He apologized for the girl who actually filled them. I was dumbfounded. I said that there is still a mistake since I was actually missing 20! So, where are the other 14 pills? He insisted that this was correct. I left and contacted the CVS customer service line and they stated they would do an investigation. I got the same thing about looking at the video count and that it was correct. I said, "well, if it's correct, then how do you account for the original mistake"? No real answer on that one, so the final perception was basically that I was a junkie who was looking to pull one over on them. This "video count" was the end of the story. Now I wonder what they would have said if I wanted to see the video for myself! It's disgusting, and I was hurt and terribly inconvenience by this. It was the last time I ever set foot in a CVS store again and I will NEVER return! I now deal with a small local pharmacy and they are WONDERFUL! I will never fill a prescription at a big box store again. In hindsight, I wish I would have done as some of the other posters on here have suggested and called the police and my insurance to investigate.

• Ka
    kaiyadara Dec 31, 2016

I am having the same problem with Walmart and he told me the same thing that someone stole from me at my home. So I made them count them right at the counter the next time and they were right on. I went off my meds and had to go back on them months later and picked them up yesterday and I'm short 14 pills again. I'm going back to making them count them when I pick them up and maybe even tape it . If you get a pill count from your dr. and its off because they didn't give you the right amount then they blame you. I told my Dr. about it last time and they documented it but then was acting suspious to me. I am a naturalist person and don't even want to take these but Pain is out of control. So next trip I'm making them count them

• Sh
    sheila Aug 12, 2016

My gratitude to CVS pharmacy for providing free cholesterol checks done by an RN at the store.I've been postponing getting this done for 5 years and find my numbers are raised. Thank you, thank you.

• Ca
    carriejay Aug 12, 2016

manager or assistant manager was very rude i tried to return an item and she got what she called a gun and when she first said gun i got scared then she bought out this hand held thing and scanned my product say you didnt get this from here and i have never been dishonest i dont steal and she acted like i stoled it all i wanted was to return it for another one and she was so rude and disrespectful i tried to explain to her that it was only a couple of days ago that i bought it and that i wasnt asking for money back but she was so rude she wouldnt listen to anything i have to say she just walked off and as i was standing there i ask the cashier to come with me to look for the product and the lady deb said ill look now she just told me they didnt sell it there now why would she look i said never mind i didnt like the attitude there as i was leaving she said im so tired of oll the ### stealing from this store and us taking it back i started to turn around but i didnt wat to get into it with her

• I recently learned that an employee at my local CVS had been written up because they failed to receive an X amount of email required of them by the company. I have become close with this employee because I do a lot of my photography there and this person is really helpful and kind to me everytime I go there she has watched my grandchildren grow up through my photos. I think it is utterly ridiculous to hold this person accountable for something that is beyond their control most people are like myself and do not want to be bombarded with useless emails from corporations. I feel poorly for this person because she is being ridiculed for people not willingly giving up their email for the reasons I've mentioned above. I have a whole new set our outlook on the CVS in my small town if they are willing to fire a great employee over email it makes me question the ethics of this company. holding something of this matter over someone's head and terminating them maybe they need to take their own advice and care more for their employees as they claim to do for their customers. this makes me question whether I want to continue to be a customer of CVS Pharmacy

Joseph plaza Jul 29, 2016

I've been coming to CVS for 3 years and within that time I see so many new faces and there very rude. They tell u to wait 15 min for meds and they take a whole hour. I'm very un happy I will no longer go there to get my meds.

• Wine Is Good Jul 21, 2016

What do you mean changed the dose and they can't get it? I am not understanding this issue. What dose did you have and what did he change it to?

• El
    Elisa1023 Jul 21, 2016

Today has been around 7 days to get my prescription correct - called 4 times - went in to the pharmacy to get my Synthroid correct & called this evening to request Rx again & tonight still no Synthroid. Dr changed dose & they can't seem to get it. Very frustrated. I get a lot of prescriptions for me & my husband & would hate to change pharmacy's. HELP. FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!

• Wine Is Good Jul 01, 2016

Rose Sherman, what was the days supply that was filled? If your script is normally done in 30 day increments, and you got a 90 day fill, you used 3 of your refills in that filling. Also keep in mind, that in 3 more days your script expires so those refills are useless and you will need a new script.

• Ro
    Rose Sherman Jun 15, 2016

Called in my prescription refill for Advair (have 12 refills before 4/07/2016) on automated phone line on Sunday. Picked up my prescription this evening, Wednesday from a grumpy tech who had to be reminded twice by the store Manger who was working nearby, that a customer (myself) was at the counter (needless to say, pharmacy techs could really benefit from Customer Service training). Got home and found that this refill states only five refills left. Where did the other six refills go? Then I
    I recognize that the prescription I just picked up, isn't even the prescription number which I called in for refill. Called the pharmacist who appeared bewildered over who could have made such a mistake. What a joke!!!

• Se
    Seth Burgin May 09, 2016

I have been sorting out my aunt's estate. I am in Arizona, where the doctors would prefer to have you by the short hairs, and love to be tyrannic dictatorial ###. They would prefer you risk life & limb driving through a snow storm to make that appointment, the consequences be damned. They get irate if they even think you might have a surplus of medication, yet they routinely refill for people who run out early, for no reason. I was spending more time in Colorado than Arizona fixing up the property to sell it, and moved my treatment to Denver. Everything was and is going along swimmingly, but the last time I filled a schedule 2 at a King Sooper's Pharmacy the count was 40 tablets short. I had an emergency surplus of 14 days, and I generally gain 10 or 20 tablets from being on the road, and cutting back while I drive across country. I used up my surplus and found my bottle of 90 tabs only had 50 in it. I called King Sooper's and got their canned answer, "We have two people verify the count, and do an inventory every time we fill", but who is watching that bottle between the time it gets filled, and the time I come to pick it up? Some light fingered tech with a habit or some strung out friends, or who knows then can get $200 cash from my 40 tablets? I spoke with a pharmacist friend, and she eluded to the fact they do have problems with people that steal medication, inside the pharmacy. It might (usually) be a technician, a security guard, cleaning crew, workmen, etc. They are very reluctant to admit any problems, that would scare away their customers. Call the pharmacy. Sometimes they do make a mistake, and you will get the missing medication. Usually their count will be correct, and you are SOL. Go to the DEA sight, and fill out an "online tip" form for "Pharmacy/Pharmacist". https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/rxaor/spring/main?execution=e1s1

• Re
    Rebekah Gillette Apr 29, 2016

ADDICTS WORK IN PHARMACIES. Chronic pain patients are not addicts, 'they are never truly free of severe tormenting pain, they do not "get high" on the meds. They need these meds for everyday function that YOU have no idea what torture it is. Hopefully you will soon be in the position of needing meds for chronic pain and will be the target of the crap that people have written here. The fact that pills are shorted on prescriptions is not new, pharm techs or pharmacists take them. I had the same experience where the pharmacy insisted their count was correct and the script I received was correct. I told them that their count was correct because SOMEONE POCKETED a few BEFORE I picked up the script. The REAL problem is that addicts are being hired and are working in pharmaceuticals where they are able to siphon off of patients' scripts. These pills have enormous street value and people working at a pharmacy know it. Pharm techs/ Pharmacists need to be caught and held accountable for thievery. Video the counting, the storage, and video the sale of all scripts for pain control. If you must count the script at the counter before leaving the store, DO IT. CHOOSE YOUR PHARMACY CAREFULLY, AND PICK UP YOUR SCRIPT THE SAME HOUR IT IS FILLED.

• Md
    MD5501 Apr 29, 2016

Contact the pharmacy board.

• He
    henryfk Mar 09, 2016

CVS refuses to refill a prescription until it runs out.

• Dr
    Drummergirl333 Feb 22, 2016

This has happened to me in the past too but lately it's gotten better. I no longer have any shortages so policy changes must've been implemented to stop this kind of nonsense.

• Ro
    Roany Oct 15, 2015

I was shorted 30 lorazepam with my last refill. Nobody has access to my pills but me. I have never counted pills before, so a few days ago I noticed the number of pills looked low for this time of month. So I counted them. I now have to cut my daily dose in half in order to make it to the refill date. I went and asked the pharmacy about it. She got real rude and started quoting her credentials and years of being an expert. They did a quick count with one bottle and said there was no shortage on their data base. I kept my cool and was nice to her which was hard and I told her I have always refilled my scripts on exactly the 30 day mark and never asked for an early refill. She said I would have to have my doctor call in. But my doctor had an emergency health problem and is out for who knows how long and their staff can't do anything about scripts he personally prescribed. So now I am stuck between a rock and hard place. Guess I will be counting pills at the counter before I leave from now on.

• Ca
    Cami Misener Sep 23, 2015

Yesterday I went to Walmart after my Dr's app to fill 5 medications. 2 of them narcotics, one wasn't available for a week. Was told wold take aprox 25 min. Needless to say, it took another 45 min. I got my meds & left...normally I make them recount meds in front of me, due to having shortages before & hearing how it's not there fault, they double count, checked the video, it had to be that one of my children stole them from me. So I didn't have them counted due to it being late, & pharmacist on duty is a biotch & gets po'ed when I ask for them to be counted. So tonight I get a call from nice pharmacist, saying that they had given me "100" to many methadone! !!! (Oh and for id iot pharmacy tech that said never seen oxycodone script of 150 is full of crap!I get 180 methadone & 180 ox|y's every month!) I'm flipping out, so I counted them & yes they gave me to many, but no where near 100! So now I'm worried, do I call corporate, a lawyer, am I going to be held responsible for that many methadones? I honestly don't know where to go with this. I do need my pain meds, I have many medical problems, & I'm in pain daily. Please suggestions are welcome!

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Feb 11, 2015

If you are going to pretend that other people are having the same problem at least create separate accounts with different usernames. Seriously you sound like you are two years old. Just because she did not call you does not mean she is doing nothing. Perhaps she wanted to talk to mommy or daddy?

• Me to

• I have try my self to call her your right

• Leann cook I have called 10x never does she call back or answer her phone .Talk about getting paid for nothing. Leann cooks She an HR manger I have the right number cause the message has her name. [protected] Get to work

• Sm
    Smcorc99 Nov 17, 2014

There are no complaints on non narcotics 1. Because the employees have no reason to fear stealing those out of inventory because the laws on them aren't strict at all. 2. If you do complain about being shorted pills that are not scheduled they have no problem replacing them. Wtf is wrong with the people on here that act all holier than thou!

• Ag
    Agrove Sep 27, 2014

I personally take adderall XR 30mg, and I've been noticing I've been running out early. I've always assumed it was just my appointments being spaced out more than 30 days or me taking an extra by accident, me miscounting, ect., but this time around when taking my med like I normally do, I noticed that my bottle looked a little less than it should be (I have only had the bottle for 8 days) so I counted how many I had left and compared it to how many should be there still, and I am 10 PILLS SHORT! This now explains why it seems I've been out so early the last few times. I know at this point there isn't much I can do since I've had the bottle for over a week now AND it's a controlled substance so they would more than likely assume they were stolen or I'm abusing them. I feel in this case I'm the loser because I can't prove that it was something on their behalf. How do you "accidentally" place 20 pills in a 30 pill bottle? I can understand miscounting perhaps 1, 2 but 10 is quite obviously something more than that. Especially with controlled substances, aren't they to be counted twice? In addition, I've noticed the quantity is always circled but NEVER initialed. Isn't this required with controlled substances? I assume there is nothing I can do this time around, but perhaps next I should ask to have a recount in front of me. Do I need to speak to the pharmacist for this?

• Jb
    JBDB Aug 15, 2014

I was shorted 20 oxycodone two months ago. CVS in Middletown CT (Main St. Store) and so after one month of going to Walgreens (against my pain management contract that I signed to use the same pharmacy only) I went to a different CVS and asked to count them before leaving. The pharmacist seemed put off by the request but complied. She said we "triple count" narcotics and I said "Yeah, someone triple counted them into their pocket two months ago and she told me I should have called and had them count the stock. I had googled and read that I was SOL if I already left the store so I didn't do it. From now on, they count them in front of me. I am suffering and they don't give two ###. It is really sad. I would have them walk one mile in my shoes. I have NEVER complained when I was short 3-6 but 20? No way!

• Li
    Linus&Lucy May 06, 2014

I know how you feel! I am on Oxycodone 5/500. I receive a script from my Dr. every 15 days for 60 tablets. On the last visit to CVS, I came home and noticed my prescription "felt wrong" I counted the pills and I was thirty pills short! I went to the pharmacy the next morning and the pharmacist did say he noticed an overstock of pills. He said I was short 10 pills. I told him that, in fact, I was short those 10 plus 20 more! The same story: I called their corporate office and they launched an "investigation". I was contacted by a regional rep who said ("suprise, suprise") that the video shows the count was correct, except for the 10 pills left over. First of all, if these pills are double-counted, why was I short the ten pills in the first place? I truly suspect that something sinister is happening here. I tore up my house to search for these "missing" pills. My wife is the ONLY other person who could have taken them and she is allergic to narcotics. I've been with her for over 30 years, and there is NO WAY should would have taken them and sold them. I am still very upset by this because I truly believe I was cheated. i take these for severe chronic back pain and have done so since 2006. I wish there was some other recourse here, but from this point on I will not by so much as a pack of gum from a CVS pharmacy. I switched to a local pharmacy that knows its customers. I will NEVER set foot in a CVS again! Oh, by the way-it's not just narcotics-they've short-changed me on Omeprazole and other drugs as well. I should have switched years ago!

• Mo
    Moon pie 76 Apr 08, 2014

They did rip me off this month it was Suboxone rip me off 45 pills so it can happen for real
    Can

• Ge
    genw Feb 20, 2014

I TRULY beleive that it is a mix of some addicts making up bullsh*t AND some pharmacists stealing pills. I have seen in the news stories about pharmacists getting arrested for stealing thousands of pills. Google it. It is not black and white here people, there are grey areas. People need to see the grey for there to be progress!...Like the never ending, not-goin-anywhere war between the Republicans and the Democrats (although I think Republicans are most to blame). And as a pain patient myself, I do see "junkies" in my pharmacy I go to every once in a while, obviously not in pain and often having weird/wacko excuses trying to score more pills. From my observations the pharmacist seems generally right, but there is also alot of injustice done on the pharmacy's part. It is kinda sad to see some humans act like this and treat other humans in such ways. I hope there is progress for the better. Trust me when I say Iv had a very difficult time myself as a pain patient...getting my medication sometimes (or often times!). There are alot of obstacles. But remember it is not entirely just the patients' faults nor is it just the faults of the pharmacists. Wrong is done and mistakes made on both sides. Let us just pray to God or our Higher Power or whatever we beleive in..that justice be done. I would always want fairness in the world I live in and so I ask God and put my trust in Him to take care of it ; )

• Ta
    tar322 Dec 24, 2013

On Dec 20 2013 in Rockville, MD the shorting experience was realized. I spoke with both pharmacy managers and the both said - guess - they checked their inventory. It seems this is getting to be an old story. Spoke with Stacey and than she referred me to Mark. I hopeful that Mark is not giving me the run around but I must be realistic, after reading most of the comments. As I told Mark with video cameras, protocols, etc being followed this should be a no brainer. One of the scripts they agreed was short but the oxycodone they know is right. We obviously disagree. This has nothing to do with being addicted or not. CVS is a business I've been using for more than 3 years and this hasn't been a problem. The problem is that with these controlled substances they have so many measures to ensure these situations don't happen. So it seems they can go back through their inventory and video and verify what happened - if one is wrong than that doesn't make for a good track record.

Sandra Pecorino Dec 23, 2013

I went into cvs on charleston & decatur to fill my pain medication and was told that they would not fill it for me because
    it wasn't on script paper. The pharmasist would not even come from behind the counter to tell me he told the tech
    and she told me. When i questioned what he was talking about he admitted to me it was a new rule that all
    controlled substances had to be written on script paper . I get my same precription filled there every month so i
    asked if this was a new rule why wasn't I told last month when I came in to fill the exact same prescription, his
    answer was the rule really isn't in infect yet but cvs is kind of jumping the guidlelines and continued to refuse to
    fill it. In my opinion he is just a ### and I told him I was going in for out patient surgary the next day and
    needed my medication filled and if this is some kind of new rule I'm sure my Doctor would have complied with
    it if he knew. I then walked out very angry and upset like i was singled out because I was taking a controled
    substance that this ### had a problem with. The next day I called cvs and got the district managers name
    Matt no one seemed to know his .last name but I got his phone number and called him first I got he was in a
    meeting the first two times I called then after I told the women who answered the phone to give him this message
    and I told her all that I had gone through at that cvs he finally called me back. Unfortunatly he turned out to be dick
    head number two. I then brought the prescription to walgreens and had no problem and transferred the rest of
    my precriptions out of cvs. But I'm still not satisfied and tomorrrow I'm going to call the Nevada STATE bOARD OF
    pHARMACY [protected] OR [protected] and see what they have to say about this treatment that I received.

• Ba
    Bama Joe Dec 19, 2013

My mother was shorted 29 of 120 lortab 7.5-500. I usually drive her to town and she picks up her script from a CVS pharmacy that she has gone to for over 20 years. She has been on the lortab due to multiple back surgeries over the past 12 years. There have been 4 or 5 occasions over the past 2 years or so where she has been shorted anywhere from 5 to 12 or so and after the third time she mentioned it to the pharmacist and they corrected it immediately. However tonight I ran to town for her and picked them up for her. Later tonight she asked me to count them for her when she noticed the amount in the bottle looked low. Only 91!!! which is 29 short!!! Needless to say, a trip will be made to the CVS tomorrow to make a complaint. It doesn't take an addict pharmacist or pharmacy tech to steal these controlled medications...I would think skimming scripts would be a great way for them to supplement their income in a struggling southern small (tiny) town. From this point on we will not leave the counter without a mutual recount... this has to stop!!! The video should be easy to check since only about two hours past from the time it was filled and picked up.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Dec 09, 2013

Writing a review without detail is unprofessional.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Dec 09, 2013

If they suspect the bill is counterfeit they are not supposed to say it. You can sue for this experience.

Jody4343 Nov 10, 2013

I thought pharmacy had a pill counter

Jody4343 Nov 10, 2013

Im really sorry that this happened to u.im sorry to say that u should have counted the painpills before u left the pharmacy exp know day's with all the theft that is happening withpain pills there was a pharmacy were I live oe of the pharmacy employees. Was taking pills out of customers pill bottles one customer counted them after they left the store she called and reported it and the store did the same thing to them that was done to u so she called the police and the head people that run pain pills they started watching them and it happened again this time they had it on viedo and the hole pharmacy went out of business yea the top dogs shut them down.u haft to do it the right way

• Po
    Poppy13 Jul 29, 2013

Also you know per day we get sooo many Rx and when you go and want it right away it's like what do you think we are humans we all make mistakes even a machine mess up sometimes. It's your responsibility to check to make sure you got the right meds and quantity.

• Po
    Poppy13 Jul 29, 2013

I work for in the pharmacy it's funny it's always the same people that complain about their meds is shorted. Like this one patient he gets narc's at our store all the time and he complained that we shorter him. He use to fill at a other pharmacy but transfer all his meds to ours cause he said the other pharmacy never gave him his narc meds. I highly doubt that the pharmacist would count it wrong. It's either you're lying or someone in your family is stealing your meds to get high.

• Cr
    criminallyinpain Jul 08, 2013

This is a common thing w/ CVS they have done this to me and other family members and not only on narcotics! Here are just a few of the things they have done: I dropped off my scrip for my blood pressure med. & lasix while I went to the store. 2 hrs. later when I went to pick them up, I was told that they did not have anything for me nor could they even find my scrips! I had been on these 2 meds for 4yrs & they filled them every month, so they knew me. They tried to call the doc; but he had left already & would not be back in office for a week(holiday) I asked them if they could just give me enough to make it until he got back or they find my scrip; but not only did she say no, she also got very snotty as she said that they could not just give out pills to every person that wonders in w/ a hard luck story! So I would just have to wait or go find a different doc to write a new one. Yeah that's really easy during the holidays! By the time the doc came back, I was in bad shape so he sent me to the er where they found that I had a mini stroke as my bp was 246/132 and the fluid caused congestive heart failure! It took me over a month to recover. I also have a very bad, degenerative condition of my cns & ra, so I have to take alot of meds. Less than a year ago, when I picked up my monthly meds, 2 of them were short. One was only missing 2 pills; but my pain med was short by 28. I did not find out they were short until 1 week later when I was putting all my meds in my pill sorter box as I had been sick. Anyway, I called them about it and was treated terrible!! I understand when it comes to these type meds that they get lied to all the time and have heard it all; but if it comes from a longtime( 10+yrs.) & reg. customer that has never gotten early fills or any other flag, then sometimes these common "lies" are true! He did finally agree to count their stock and said he would call me back that night; but of course he did not. So I had to wait until the next night to call him. I was fully expecting them to tell me that their stock was not short and I would just have to deal w/ it; but was greatly surprised when he admitted that they did indeed short me 28!! While I was so glad that he was honest, he did not apologize for the way I was treated when I reported the mistake. There are many terrible things that I have had to put up with just because I take pain meds and I am so tired of being lied to, humiliated, belittled, judged, and all around abused just because I was unlucky enough to be born with such a horribly painful condition that has no cure! I don't want any sympathy from anyone; but it would be nice to see a little compassion and empathy as I did not CHOOSE this life!

• Sl
    slynn1 Jun 29, 2013

I was never shortened on my prescriptions, they just took their sweet ### time filling them, especially pain medication. I had a surgery, and the doctor gave me pain medication. I put them into CVS two days before, right after my appointment. I had to go back 3 times and complain to a manager, before they finally filled it. I was ticked off!

• We
    wecounttoo Jun 29, 2013

Im not on pain pills. I take a medicine to help me get off them. Not only did CVD short me, but I too called them and they said they are double counted and thei inventoey waa fine. I called corporate and I got my meds. CVS now counts them in front of me and guess whay? I was shorted 10 pills on five different occassions and the head pjarmaciat now knows that Im not crazy. They dont know how to xount!