Menu
CT Bids Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

CT Bids
reviews & complaints

www.ctbids.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.5 24 Reviews

CT Bids Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with CT Bids at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for CT Bids has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CT Bids. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest CT Bids reviews & complaints

B
3:24 pm EST

CT Bids Boots

With CTBID Costa Mesa, I paid for 3 pair of boots in size 7. I won and paid the item and shipping. I never received the boots. I called costa mesa and they gave me the tracking number. I called post office to learn that the content were never taken to the post office for shipping. They never received the procuct with the shipping tracking number. I was refunded and they never try to search for the product per what they told me. I have found the boots on the CTBIDS site with the same vender for resale. I asked them to take payment and ship me the boots to fill the original order and they refuse. I have to rebid on the same boots that I had won all over again. I feel this is very poor customer service and had asked the rep at costa mesa to fill the order with the supplies they had on hand. She refused!

Desired outcome: would like the order filled with product on hand that is the items

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified CT Bids representatives only. If you are affiliated with CT Bids, please claim your business to access these details.

G
11:19 am EST

CT Bids Non- Caring

Wanted to charge over 700.00 in shipping after I complained they said 200.00 - they did ship it but did not wrap one item - Put it in U-Haul box and most of the stuff fell out of the handle holes - Most of the items are broken - They now say it is on the shipping company they paid to ship - they say it was USPS - There is no way that USPS sent a package like that - And they do not care that items are broken - lost- damaged- So we lost a lot of money - They yelled at us about it as well- Did not care about our investment through them - Beware of JERROL

2:05 pm EDT

CT Bids Caring Transitions of Loudoun - AVOID - Unresponsive Scammers

I buy a TON from online auctions all over the country - as a collector of things that I do not really need. It's an addiction at some level. CTbids is a franchise business so, if you post complaining, please list the location. Some of these folks are incredible business people and others are straight out scammers.

I purchased 9 items from Lieann Wade's location back in July. She is in VA and I am in GA - the items were all labeled as shippable and I sent her an email telling her that I would need shipping and to send me an invoice for that cost. No response ever. I have called their posted number half a dozen times - no response ever. I was immediately charged over $300 for my "wins" at the close of the auction. I have never been able to reach anyone other than the answering service. To me, this is simply theft by conversion or deceit. It is what it is. I either expect and invoice for my shipping or return of my funds.

I might be wrong but I think these folks figure that since it's out of state and a nominal amount of money involved, that it will be forgotten. I guess if enough of us bad together, we can help corporate ferret out the bad apples. I will be contacting the proper authorities shortly and see what can be done.

Maybe I am wrong, but it all seems to be built right into her name? I love buying old stuff and enjoy the auctions. The shipping can be very expensive but I do expect that. Just be cautious with any of these locations until you have a personal relationship with them;

All of the atlanta area locations are excellent, Andy Beard in SC is awesome to deal with, the Iowa, Lexington and So Cali Tim Baker locations have all been great. This Loudoun location - RUN, RUN, RUN!

Is CT Bids legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals CT Bids as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, CT Bids stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering CT Bids should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

CT Bids earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: CT Bids achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

CT Bids has received 4 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of CT Bids's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Ctbids.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows CT Bids website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Ctbids.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up CT Bids and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While CT Bids has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 11 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to CT Bids. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
Z
4:08 pm EDT

CT Bids Possibly the most consumer unfriendly business I have ever worked with

I have been screwed over time after time by this website. Each seller is allowed to make their own policies which are hidden in an essay of text below the listings. Be prepared to follow these policies to a tee or these sellers will keep your purchase and your money. Many sellers charge ridiculous shipping and handling fees. The shipping costs are not disclosed on the listing and they can charge you whatever they want after you have purchased an item. Be prepared to pay 25+ dollars for shipping on even the smallest of lots.

My final straw for this website was when I had something come up and I was unable to make an auction pickup, the seller donated 80$ dollars worth of purchases and kept my money. I had been a loyal customer for this particular branch of CT bids for many months and they did not hesitate to throw me under the bus. As far as I can tell the website has no protection for buyers in situations like this.

With sellers being allowed to do whatever they want and no protection for buyers from CT bids I have decided that this website is just not worth the risk.

A
10:23 am EDT

CT Bids CT Bids Online Auctions: Deceptive Photos & Possible Shill Bidding Scam

Me and my old man have been hitting up CT Bids for a couple months now and it's been a mix of good and bad. We go straight to their online auctions and let me tell ya, those pictures they put up can be real deceiving. They make everything look top-notch even when it ain't. The last few times we've won bids and picked up the goods, we been real disappointed. Rusted, broken junk. Stuff that just don't even work no more. Feels like CT Bids ain't giving us the real deal anymore.

And to make things even more suspect, we think they might be up bidding some of the items. Ain't nothing worse than a rigged auction, you know what I'm sayin'? One of the auctioneers even took us to a storage unit and showed us all the stuff they was up bidding on. Won the items at their own auction cuz they wasn't getting the cash money they wanted from the bids. What kinda scam is that?

Look, I ain't telling y'all to stay away from CT Bids completely. I mean, ya can still get some pretty decent stuff there if ya know what to look for. But just don't be expecting all the items to look like their pictures or work like new. And for all y'all bidding on stuff, watch out for them high bids. Could be the seller themselves tryin' to push more money outta ya. It sucks, but that's just how it goes with online auctions nowadays.

F
9:25 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids CT Bids Review: Finding Honest Franchise Owners Like Chris for the Best Auction Experience

CT Bids is a pretty cool place to buy discounted stuff from estates and businesses that no longer need their items. You should be aware though that since they are franchised you can have different experiences based on the owners. There are some franchises that are better than others and some that are more honest. However, I personally like to buy from the Springfield, MA franchise owner, Chris. She is a cool and honest lady who runs great sales. Chris gives good descriptions of the items and even points out any defects so that you know what you're buying. She also runs a picker sale that is really rad with leftovers. I have bought from her sales many times and never had a bad experience.

The trick to making your experience a good one is finding an honest franchise owner like Chris. Sometimes people complain about certain franchises because they feel ripped off. The secret to making your sales better is to find an honest seller and treat your buyers with respect. When we host estate sales ourselves we always try to be honest about the items and their condition so that everyone is happy.

The only reason why I didn't give CT Bids a higher rating is because of some other franchise owners that I no longer deal with. CT Bids should really work on vetting their owners better. It's important that all franchise owners treat their buyers well so that everyone has a good experience. On the other hand, people have complained about auctions being extended after the end time. Personally, I like when this happens because it stops people from "sniping" bids and stealing items from someone who was into the auction from the beginning.

So overall, CT Bids can be a good place to score some awesome deals but it all depends on which franchise you're dealing with. As long as you find an honest franchise owner like Chris, you'll have an awesome experience too!

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exactly - I have purchased several times from Chris without any issues at all. Take Ctbids on a location by location basis and be extremely cautious about buying from out of state. The shipping charges can be very high, which I expect BUT some of the sellers will take payment and then keep your stuff!

E
8:56 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Unreliable Seller and Poor Customer Service: My Experience with CTBids.com

I just wanted to share my experience with CTBids.com. So, I won a bid on an item from Mrs. Duns, and I paid for it right away. I was excited to pick up the item, but then some personal issues came up and I needed to reschedule the pickup. I reached out to the seller, Mrs. Duns, but didn't get any response from her. I tried reaching out to her multiple times, but still no response.

After weeks of trying to reschedule, I finally got in touch with someone from CTBids, but they weren't very helpful either. They told me that Mrs. Duns disposed of the item, and they can't do anything about it. I was surprised and frustrated. It seemed like nobody cared about the situation. Mrs. Duns resold or kept the item for herself. It was unprofessional of her and CTBids, to say the least.

I continued to contact CTBids, seeking help to resolve the issue, but kept hitting roadblocks. It seemed like they didn't want to hear from me, and didn't care about my problem. Now it has been eight long months, since I had this problem, and to my surprise, I found my bidding rights suspended.

It was quite shocking to find out from another seller that I was trying to bid on his item. He told me that I should try and contact CTBids, but that was easier said than done. I found it really difficult to get in touch with CTBids. I feel that their lack of customer service and support is a real concern and speaks volumes about their business practices.

So, if you are planning to bid on an item, I would suggest you to first contact the seller and make sure that they are reliable and trustworthy. One seller that I would highly recommend not dealing with is Mrs. Dawn Duns. She is the absolute worst seller that I have ever experienced. I would advise you to steer clear of her and CTBids altogether.

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Are you talking about the Northern Arizona location? On a lot of these sales, the properties have to be cleared by a certain date. If you don't email them or contact them right away, most of them will tell you that they will dispose of or donate the item.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids CTBids Review: Frustrating Bidding Experience and Other Issues on Auction Website

Finding hidden gems on auction websites is one of my favorite pastimes. I've been able to uncover some truly remarkable treasures that I've added to my collection, as well as resell some items for a tidy profit. Unfortunately, my experience with CTBids was not one of my better auctioning experiences.

During my last auction with CTBids, I had won a bidding war with a high bid of $69 and no time left on the clock. I was delighted to have won and walked away from my computer feeling quite pleased with myself. But just a few minutes later, I received an alert on my phone notifying me that I had been outbid on the item I had just won. Confused, I logged back on to the site and found that an additional 3 minutes had been added to the auction. I decided to place another bid and won the item at $95.00 with a seemingly solid lead. However, before I could even celebrate my victory, the exact same thing happened again!

To make matters worse, this is a practice that CTBids seems to practice regularly - they will increase the remaining time from 1 minute to 3 minutes if they believe someone will keep bidding. Thankfully, I was able to walk away from the auction with my item, but I was incredibly frustrated with the entire experience. Bidding until the last minute is part of the excitement of online auctions, and I've never encountered an auction site that practices this kind of time manipulation.

To be fair, this isn't the only issue I've had with CTBids. Their invoicing process could use some work, and I've encountered other minor problems in the past. While I appreciate the potential for finding treasure on CTBids, I do believe there are better auction sites out there. I plan to explore other options that are more reputable and less troublesome.

Overall, CTBids has its issues, but I suppose that's par for the course with any auction site. Despite the problems, I'm sure there are dedicated users out there who will continue to work with CTBids. As for me, I prefer to do my bidding elsewhere.

W
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Disappointing Experience with CT Bids: False Labels, Frustrating Communication & Potentially Rigged Bids

I recently had an experience with CT Bids (ctbids.com) and it left me feeling pretty underwhelmed. As someone who likes to scope out auctions for deals, I decided to give this site a try. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the experience.

When I reached out to the local caring transitions franchise owner, Sarah Brown, she was unable to give me specifics on many of the items up for auction. This was frustrating, since I like to know what I'm bidding on before I spend my hard-earned cash. On top of that, some of the items were labeled "as is," but in private emails, the owner didn't hesitate to let me know that they were in working condition. That doesn't hold up in court, though - so what's the deal?

Seeing the bids on certain electrical goods, it seems like someone has an inside track. It really makes me wonder if the whole thing is rigged. And then there's the issue of items being falsely labeled. For example, there was a Nazi dagger that was supposedly from two Holocaust survivors - but that was just a made-up story to up the value of the item. It's like that old used car salesman trick - "this car was only driven by a little old lady." When I pointed out that the same item was being sold as a replica elsewhere, I was called a troll. Uh, what?

Needless to say, I won't be bidding on anything through CT Bids again. And if you're considering selling your stuff through them, keep in mind that the only way you'll make a decent profit is if there are enough bidders. If people like me take our business elsewhere, there will be less competition for your items. It's a risky game, especially since there's no physical viewing of the items. And with more and more auctions moving online, it's important to make sure that these companies are being honest about what they're selling. If they're not, buyers deserve to get their money back. It's as simple as that.

To top it all off, I found the same item that someone just paid over $200 for (including fees) on another website for only $20. It really makes me wonder if CT Bids is just taking advantage of people who don't know any better. All in all, this was a disappointing experience and I won't be repeating it.

Lookingforadeel
Carlisle, US

I have been using CTbids for about 6 months and overall my experience has been a positive one. When people give harsh reviews, they are throwing all the franchises into one pot. Each franchise is independently owned. I would highly recommend them.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Buyer Beware: Disappointing Purchases from CT Bids Estate Auctions, Unreasonable Shipping Costs, and Poor Quality Items

I done bought some stuff from CT Bids (ctbids.com) from a whole bunch of different estate auctions and let me tell ya, every time I been straight up disappointed. I won bids on a bunch of stuff quick, so I ain't even realize I was being totally ripped off til it was too late. Them pictures they got up are a bunch of lies. Stuff looks so much better than it really is when you finally get it.

I mostly bid on designer clothes, purses, shoes and old vintage gear. But all I been getting is straight up garbage, knock offs, stuff that don't match the pictures or just things that are falling apart. And when I say falling apart, I mean purses that look good on the front but on the back (which ain't even in the pictures) are all ripped to shreds! And leather stuff looks good in the pictures, but when it arrives, it's all dry, cracked, and musty.

The shipping prices is another thing that is totally wild. I won a whole box of shirts, pretty average size, and the shipping was a hundred bucks! I would have thought it was maybe $30 tops for shipping for a box that size, from any other auction site. But nope! CT Bids just wants to charge you $99 to $150 every time for shipping and handling. And it's all a big mystery - you don't find out the charges til they just pop up in your inbox after you already paid for the auction. Ain't no breakdown of why they charging you that amount, no rhyme or reason. Just seems like whatever the shipper wants to charge is what they charge. And they don't even pack stuff up nice, or keep dirty shoes away from high-end designer clothes. Ain't no neatness there! It's all just a big ol' mess.

Honest to goodness, I ain't gonna buy anything else from them again. Just chalked it up to being a hard, expensive lesson learned.

V
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Discovering Deals: A Review of CT Bids – The Ultimate Online Estate Sale

Yo, I gotta tell y'all about CT Bids (ctbids.com). I remember first comin' cross 'em back in Reno for estate sales and movin' sales. As someone now livin' in California, this website is pretty straightforward. You type in your zip code or search nationwide for somethin' specific, and it pulls up any sales within a set number of miles. They got multiple pictures of the stuff up for grabs, and the bidding starts at a buck. And let me tell you, they got everything from vintage toys to some slick furniture, even cars sometimes.

Now, if somethin's hella popular, the bids might go up a bit, but some items like a china cabinet? You never know what kind of deal you might snag for a buck. Plus, if you put in a max amount you're willin' to pay, the website bids on your behalf in increments of a dollar up to your limit. And they send you updates via email or text throughout the auction, which can go on for a couple of days or even a month.

Just keep in mind that some items got a minumum reserve price, and that makes sense to me. They even got jewels that can go for $12k, but the reserve price will be far lower. The point is that this ain't no fancy estate sale like somethin' you'd find in Harrah's in London, and it ain't no sketchy park where people sell stolen goods for a tenner. This is an online estate sale. And yeah, I know some people might turn their nose up at buying used things, but let me tell you, I love a good deal, and I especially love the idea of takin' somethin' that brought someone else joy and givin' it a new life. Like takin' their old hammer and puttin' it to work in my shop. Plus, there are some items I could never afford otherwise.

The group behind CT, Caring Transitions, is made up of small business owners. I dealt with three of 'em, and lemme tell ya, all of 'em were top-notch and friendly. And the best part is that sometimes, someone else's trash is your treasure. And one day, my grandkids might be playin' with somethin' that used to be someone else's. Some of the other things I've found on CT Bids besides jewelry and furniture are records, electronics, pots and pans, collectibles like Olympic pins and coins or stamps, fishin' gear, cleaning supplies, art supplies - you name it, they got it.

But look, CT Bids might not be your cup of tea, and that's okay. But why trash talk somethin' that others might find awesome? Just 'cause you ain't into it doesn't mean it's gross or somethin'.

CT Bids Mixed Bag: My Experience with CT Bids Auction Site

I've been a loyal customer of CT Bids (ctbids.com) for a while now, and I gotta say, it's a mixed bag. Let me break it down for you. Every location that has items up for auction on this site has its own owner, kind of like a franchise. Some are great to work with! Places like Utica, Boise-idaho, Tewksbury-ma, Loudoun-VA, Brazos Valley, and Annapolis & Arundel County are professional and efficient. They communicate with you, ship your items quickly and safely, and just generally seem to have their act together.

But then... there are the bad apples. The locations with terrible owners who make you question why you even bother using this site. They don't respond to your messages, they're rude, they clearly don't know what they're doing... you get the idea. I'm talking about places like Del Sur, Cary NC, Indy North, Denton and Collin County TX, and Greater Tri-Cities. And the absolute worst of them all is Moore Choctaw & East Oklahoma, owned by Margo Gonzales. She's slow, overworked, and she has been known to keep items that are worth a fair amount of money. She'll claim she sent them, but they never show up. It's extremely frustrating.

The problem is, if you have an issue with a seller, there's not much you can do. They're their own boss and owner of their business, so you're kind of at their mercy once you start bidding. Shipping is always going to be pricey because they use third-party shippers to pack and send items, plus they charge a handling fee. And some sellers are just downright shady. I once paid $9 for shipping on an item that ended up coming in a regular envelope with a stamp on it. Seriously?

But despite all their flaws, CT Bids is a legit site. They mostly sell items from people who have passed away or are moving into retirement homes, with some auctions from people who just want to downsize. And if you're patient and do some digging, you can find some really cool stuff! Sometimes the sellers don't really know what they're selling, which can work in your favor.

One thing that really grinds my gears, though, is having to constantly bug some sellers to send me a shipping invoice or give me an update on my item. It's just unprofessional, and it makes me wonder why some of these people even got into this business in the first place. And sometimes it can be hard to find what you're looking for because the listings aren't very detailed or clear.

All in all, I think CT Bids is worth checking out if you're in the market for some unique finds. Just be prepared to deal with some not-so-great sellers, and don't be afraid to steer clear of certain franchise locations. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Loudoun VA location - Lieann Wade cheated me out of a $300 purchase. No email, no return phone calls or text message. Just crickets!

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Review of CT Bids Auctions: Leslie M. is a Five-Star Host, but Be Mindful of Other Hosts

CT Bids (Caring Transitions auctions) is totally legit! I've been bidding and buying from them for years. Although, ya gotta know that each of their Host/Franchisee has their own territory and runs things their own way. I'm up North in Pittsburgh, PA and live in Leslie M.'s territory. I've had the most dealings with her and gotta say, she's the cream of the crop! Leslie and her helpers are beyond helpful! Her auction disclaimer will say that her team won't help ya load your stuff, but don't ya worry, her team ALWAYS helps me and even knows me by name! And her auction descriptions are thorough with precise measurements and primo pictures. She'll even list out the brand names for clothing lots and point out any pesky little defects, and her lot titles are punny and playful - a total hoot!

I give Leslie FIVE stars all around, but that doesn't mean that all CTBids hosts are as primo as her. That's why I gave 'em four stars overall. CTBids could do a better job monitoring their hosts.

Take the guy down South for example, no written descriptions at ALL! Just pics! And when I sent him a question, he gave me a short and snappy reply. Some might find that kinda stuff good enough, but not me. He comes across as cold and aloof; his page lacks the personal touch that makes Leslie's page so great. I don't even bother browsing his page anymore.

The central guy is okay too. His pics are good, and he's tried to add humor and descriptions to his page. He's not as meticulous as Leslie, but he's serviceable. However, I've gotten stuff from him where there were damages not mentioned and the condition wasn't the way he claimed it was. It happens, but not with Leslie.

Most of the central guy's sales come out of a storage warehouse in a dodgy neighborhood. I get sketched out by his setup, to be honest. Although, I do appreciate that it's a drive-thru and that you can drive right up to the door inside. That said, they're not lifty-loady helpful, and the crew isn't as approachable as Leslie's. There was one time I picked up a ton of stuff from him, and one of his guys brought me a dolly and helped load my stuff, but he was looking over his shoulder like we were doing something sketchy!

Regardless, they're legit! You won't have any issues with your credit card or Paypal. It all seems to be handled centrally.

T

CT Bids CT Bids Review: Proceed With Caution

I've been using CT Bids for a while now, and I have to say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. At first, I loved it! It was like getting access to a treasure trove of awesome merchandise that I could bid on and potentially snag for a great deal. But lately, things have not been so great.

Firstly, the handling fees have gotten completely out of control. I understand that sellers need to cover their costs, but adding an extra $20 on top of shipping costs just seems a bit ridiculous. And the way some sellers try to justify it is just irritating - obviously, my one item is not the only thing they're shipping out! I can only imagine how much extra money they're pocketing from all the buyers who need shipping.

But what really grinds my gears is how vague the terms and conditions are when it comes to these fees. They'll mention them in passing, but won't go into any detail until after you've already made your purchase. And then, once you've seen the total price, it's too late to back out. Not cool.

Another issue I've had is with customer service. It used to be pretty decent, but lately it's been seriously lacking. And don't even get me started on some of the sellers - some of them don't seem to follow their own terms and conditions, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Let me give you a few examples. First, I won an auction for a stack of records that was only $18 (score!), but ended up being charged close to $100 after shipping and handling fees, plus the buyer's premium. Ridiculous! The seller agreed to only send the one record I was interested in, but still charged me a significant amount for taking it to the post office. And to top it all off, the estimated delivery date is over a month after I made the purchase, and I still haven't received it three weeks later.

Secondly, I purchased a lot of items for $40, but had to pay $40 for shipping because the seller chose to handle it themselves and charged for the effort. I highly doubt the actual costs were more than $15, if that.

Thirdly, I spent over $1000 on items and didn't receive them for months. When they did finally arrive, there was damage not shown in the photos. It was a whole nightmare of a situation that I won't bore you with here.

And finally, I had to argue with them to reduce the price on shipping and handling for a single vinyl record. I ended up paying around $20-30 - which is insane, considering it only costs me $4.35 + $1.28 for materials to ship a record anywhere in the US. And sometimes it costs me less to ship internationally than it does through CT Bids.

All in all, if you're a reseller or looking for deals, I'd say proceed with caution. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get a true bargain on this site, thanks to all the extra costs. Make sure you ask sellers plenty of questions beforehand about any additional fees, and be aware that communication can be hit or miss. Some of them just seem to be interested in making a quick buck, without much concern for the customer.

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What location are you talking about? If you want cheap and consistent shipping costs, you'll have to stick with Ebay. These CTbids auctions are run from a variety of locations - might onsite at the estate or client's home, from a storage facility or a storefront. To ship these items, they have to physically drive it over somewhere and turn it over to a shipper who will bill for the packing and shipping. Shipping is expensive - most locations charge 10-25 for the first item and then $5-10 for each addition lot - PLUS the shipping costs which they cannot know upfront. Most of the CTbids locations will tell you upfront that shipping is expensive. I have often paid more for the shpping than I did for the items!

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Disappointing Experience with CT Bids Estate Sale - Items Missing After Winning Bid

So, I gotta say, CT Bids was an experience. I won the bid on 8 items with these guys and paid for them straight up. Next morning, I showed up to grab my sweet loot only to be told by some dude who was in charge that "Yo, the old owner must have come back in the night to take their crap" 'cause 4 of my 8 things were totally MIA. And it was like a whole thing, man, 'cause other people who were there at the same time as me were saying they had the same issue.

But, to their credit, the guy running this estate sale was actually pretty cool. He gave me my money back for the stuff that was missing. But here's the thing, right? Like, I didn't bid a lot of money on these things but they were totally worth more than what I actually shelled out. Suffice it to say, I was pretty bummed.

I don't think I'm gonna use CT Bids again, to be honest. It's not really worth the hassle for me.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids Disappointed with CT Bids As New Owner Adds Handling Fee and Increases Premiums

Got a great experience bidding CT Bids! Tons of bids went well. But somethin' changed when the new owner took over. Won an auction 'n noticed a $10 handling fee on top of the 15% premium I usually pay. I guess they're losin' money or somethin', 'cause I never had to pay extra before. When I asked 'em about it, they said corporate wanted 'em to add a fee. It's almost 30% fees now! I'm a regular buyer who picks up stuff in person at sales, spendin' a couple hun' every time. Ain't gonna buy from 'em again, online or offline. Disappointed ma' favorite pickin' spot has gone downhill.

J

CT Bids CT Bids: Fishy Auction Practices and Sneaky Schemes

I ain't gonna lie y'all, CT Bids got me good with their auctions. It's like they got their own little clique going on or something. I was bidding on this item and I put in a bid for 250. Next thing I know, I get an email saying my bid was accepted. I was pumped, thought I was gonna get it. But then, not even a minute later, I get another email saying I was outbid for the same amount! 250! What kind of tomfoolery is that?

To make matters worse, when I put my bid in, the highest bid was only at 205. I was the first one to bid at 250, but because I guess someone at CT Bids wanted the item or maybe they were buddies with the owner or something, I lost out even though I had the same bid as the "winner." And now they won't even accept a bid for the same amount, it has to be higher than the existing bid.

I'm telling y'all, something fishy is going on with them. They must have some kind of program or sneaky scheme to jack up the prices or something. Or maybe they just like to jack people by making them bid more than what they should. Either way, I ain't messing with them no more. Stay away if you don't want to get got like I did.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CT Bids CT Bids Review: Not Impressed with the Prices Received for My Dad's Estate Items

I recently used CT Bids (ctbids.com) to sell my dad's estate items, but I must say, I'm not impressed. If you're not in dire need of getting rid of your items, I suggest finding another way to sell them.

The prices I received for my dad's items were significantly lower than what they were worth on other sites like eBay. For instance, they sold all six of my dad's Lenox lighthouses for next to nothing. Watercolor paintings that were selling for over $150-$600 on other sites only sold for $50 or less on CT Bids. Even my father's Dept 56 collection didn't fetch the prices I was hoping for. Some of his houses, which could sell for over $100 on eBay, only sold for $3 to $47 at the most.

My experience with CT Bids leads me to recommend only using it as a last resort. If you're in a rush to get rid of your items, it may be worth it, but you certainly won't get the full value for them.

As you can see from the photos I've included, my dad's estate items did not sell for what they were truly worth. I have many more items that I haven't even listed, so I can only imagine how much more money I would have lost if I chose to sell them all through CT Bids.

Overall, I do not recommend this site for selling any of your family's valuable items. While they do the work of collecting your things, you'll be sacrificing significant profits in the process.

T

CT Bids Disappointing Experience with ctbids.com Customer Service

I recently won a couple of auctions on ctbids.com, but unfortunately, I never received the invoices for my purchases. I was quite disappointed as it appeared that I might not be able to buy the items I won. I decided to contact their customer service using the email provided on their "contact us" page. Luckily, I received a response from a guy named Brad Kuane. He mentioned that the invoices had been sent out the previous evening around 8:30 p.m.

I explained to Brad that I didn't get any invoices, and to make matters worse, there were no invoices listed in the invoice section on my profile either. Despite checking my spam folder and re-checking my email on my profile, I couldn't find any invoices from them. So, I kindly asked Brad to re-send the invoices or provide a link so that I could pay for my "wins." Unfortunately, Brad did not respond to my request, and I was left in a lurch.

From my perspective, it seemed as if they weren't pleased with what they had gotten for my purchases and chose not to send me any invoices so that they could sell the items later for a higher price. This left me with a terrible experience, and I have decided to stick with eBay from now on.

M

CT Bids Navigating the Dodgy World of CTBids: A Buyer's Guide

CTBids is pretty much like all the other auction sites out there - you've got your good guys, and then there are the ones who are either clueless or dodgy.

You have to watch your step, because sometimes the descriptions of the items up for bid aren't all that great, and the pictures can be pretty shady. There are some shady franchise owners out there who don't know diddly-squat about antiques or collectibles, but they still want to make a buck.

If you see something you're interested in, ask some questions before you start bidding. If you've got concerns about the authenticity of an item or anything else, go ahead and ask - it'll help everyone out if you share. But if you notice something that could give you an edge over the competition, then keep that to yourself.

If the franchise owner doesn't seem to be answering your questions honestly, that's a red flag - time to take off and find somewhere else to shop.

Don't get too excited and carried away with bidding, either - use your head and think about what you're getting in to. You never know what those sneaky sellers may be hiding.

Oh, and one more thing - if you can, try to shop locally. It just makes everything easier.

CT Bids Customer Reviews Overview

CTBids is an online auction platform that helps people buy and sell goods from their homes. The platform boasts of an efficient and hassle-free bidding process that benefits both buyers and sellers. CTBids.com reviews suggest that the bidding system is transparent and straightforward, making it easy to bid on different items.

One of the positive aspects of CT Bids is its user-friendly interface and ease of use. Customers find the website easy to navigate, and the registration process is simple. Additionally, the platform has an organized auction calendar that allows customers to keep track of current and upcoming auctions.

Another significant advantage of CTBids.com is the variety of items available for bidding. Customers can browse through a wide range of products, including antiques, furniture, jewelry, and art. The platform is popular among collectors and antique enthusiasts who can easily find unique items at a reasonable price.

Customers have also praised the customer service of CT Bids. The platform's representatives are prompt in answering inquiries and providing support to customers. Moreover, the platform provides detailed descriptions and photographs of items, making it easier for customers to make informed decisions.

CTBids has garnered positive reviews for its secure payment methods and efficient shipping process. The platform uses a secure payment system that ensures safe transactions and protects customer information. The platform also works closely with shipping agents to ensure items arrive at the designated location in excellent condition.

Overall, CTBids.com reviews suggest that the platform is reliable, efficient, and enjoyable to use. It provides a secure and convenient way for buyers and sellers to trade goods, making it a preferred online auction platform for customers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

CT Bids contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with CT Bids?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CT Bids Customer Service. Initial CT Bids complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CT Bids above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CT Bids. Discuss the issues you have had with CT Bids and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.