CRSTfraudulent company

G

I don't have a lot of time to go into this issue here. The purpose of this report is to expose the reality of how things go at CRST.

I went to a CRST sponsored class A driving School. Two weeks and no more than about 10-15 hours behind the wheel, it's make or break training. After I graduated and passed the DMV Exam I was Assigned to a 28 day over the road driver trainer. This person was highly intelligent, and competent but also had nothing good to say about CRST. I was required to drive 11 hours a day then attempt to sleep the remainder in a moving truck while my driver trainer drove, not an easy task. Most days I was on the verge of falling asleep at the wheel. Moving on to the subject of pay, in a nut shell you don't get any pay. So if you have rent, car payment etc, you will default on all these obligations as the company does not accurately and clearly state how much and when they are going to deduct. Furthermore the 22 cents per mile split pay is equivalent to minimum wage, and keep in mind you will need to eat at truck stops which is fairly expensive. The plan they offer is OK if you are homeless, have no bills and want to live in a truck. Remember you cant just walk off the job when your in a unfamiliar state, with no money, as you have no pay coming from CRST. So your traped. CRST has no interest in providing a income for anyone, there game is to make them money, and to exploit the ignorance of persons interested in becoming big rig truck drivers. You might ask how I can say this...well lets start here. If I own a company and hire employees out a of a certian state, say california. I know the cost of living in that state, I know most persons need to make a definite amount of money each week in order for them to meet there financial obligations. So part of my responsibility would be to offer a pay schedule that met the need's of the employee.

Thousands of company's operate this way, and retain employees for years. This is not the case with CRST, they fail to disclose at the at the outset of employee employer talks the true and accurate pay you will receive as a driver. By doing so... this causes the applicant to make a decision based on misrepresentation. If your family is at home waiting on a pay check to pay for, food, rent, etc. you will be in dire need of help and your employer will have no interest in you problem. I could go on and be more specific, but... your better of working at a fast food joint for 6.50 an hour, at least you will gat you pay at the end of the pay period. I would like to invite CRST to a meeting to discuss how they get away with this fraudulent practice. Luckily for myself, I had several other trades I had experience in, I am also a Emergency Medical Tech. so I had a way out. I took the job offer based upon making more than the 750.00 a week I was earning as an EMT. What I got was about 1/3 of that a week minus expenses. Less than minimum wage.

• Th
    thob May 01, 2016

I went to crst for refresher training.i got screwed. The recruiter said i would make 400 tp I 709 a week. after 5 months i made 5500.in the meantime i could not keep up with my bills.i broke contract got another job and made 25000 in 6 months.i already had my cdl.now they want 6500 from me.i have over 10000 in debt that needs to be paid first.they better get in line because i will go bankrupt before they get a dime.

• Br
    Brentlee1987 Mar 01, 2016

So csrt is a great co.pany to work for?

• Ce
    Cedarrapids Jan 02, 2016

A class action lawsuit against crst in 2015. the law firm of ares law group. address: 23 corporate plaza suite 150, newport beach, ca.92660 phone [protected]
    crst will rip you off every chances they get. save all your qualcom conversations, mileages, etc. it will be useful to nail them.

Jason1698 Dec 05, 2015

Crst is bull crap not worth anything I went to the school and went through orientation I was at cedar rapids for three weeks after orientation and they refused to send me a lead driver I had three one in orientation on the fourth day they made me lose him cause I was going home for thanks giving five mins after I lost them they hire me hmmm then two leads in okc was waiting on me and wouldnt send me to them so I lost two more two weeks later nothing so I went home got a call telling me to find my own way to tro Illinois to a lead driver I said no they can come to me I am right on hwy 40 I get a call from a lead this is my fourth lead ok he said ill come to you if dispatch says ok next morning angeala the student coordinator calls me saying I dont wanna work cause I wont do there job and pay my own way to my lead driver it not my resposibility to get to a lead driver its theres ive called 20 times to her boss for my hours of completion or im getting a lawyer ive been home since 11/23 and they still havnt got me a lead and the rooms up there are bad bed bugs people sick and refuse to get meds people with scabies the bathroom shower I used had a mushroom growing in it the place is a health hazard

• Ha
    Hal Henderson Oct 28, 2015

sounds about right

Samantha Rohweder Aug 05, 2015

Once you make it past the contract at crst it gets better and better. We're company drivers and make double house payments on what we earn. Miles are better miles are between 6-7000 a week. Crst does this to weed out the namby pamby whiners that come into this industry with eyes shut expecting a million dollar a year job with no effort. I'm glad y'all quit or decided against coming here cuz i sure as hell don't want to work with some candy assed cry baby

• Op
    ops man. May 11, 2015

I have been in operations in the trucking industry for over 30 years, there is good and bad at every carrier.If its that bad at CRST leave .Do not bad mouth them, chalk it up to experience and move on.If I interview you and you rant on how bad CRST or any other carrier was, guess what I will not hire you, man up and move on!

• Bl
    Blackwolf67 Apr 13, 2015

Been with CRST for almost 2 months now as a lease purchase driver. I was routed by my house the middle of March to grab a few things I needed. Since that time I have had 4 34 hour resets and made a whopping $500 take home. Last company I was with I brought home about $1200 a week average, usually more with $2200 being the most. Not sure if I'm not kissing the right butt or what. Stay away if you need an income.

• Ji
    Jimmy Lee dawn Feb 11, 2015

When do crst drug test? The 1st week or the 1st day you get there?

• Lo
    Lori_may Jan 26, 2015

My fiancé left for crst trucking school in cedar rapids about two days ago. when he talked to his recruiter before going up there, we were told he would get paid $800 a week for the 3 weeks he is in school, and that he would be paid 33 cents a mile when he's on the road.. well, today he found out that he will get nothing until he is on the road, and even then its 26 cents a mile not 33. he was making more at the job he left to go there! not only is he at school with out much money for the next three weeks, but now I and his baby have to find a way to survive for the next 3 weeks. this company is a scam. if you're thinking of becoming a truck driver, go with another company. their recruiters will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to come to iowa, even pay for you bus ticket, but then you get there, you find out the truth, and you're stuck in iowa without a ride to get home.

Cheryl Trojovsky Holmes Nov 30, 2014

I am updating my comment from June 2012. After termination from CRE they tried to screw me with DSHS. After my resignation I went home to care for my cancer-ridden spouse. During school and while at home, I was looking for local trucking jobs so I could work and stay close to home. I was collecting unemployment during this whole time. I was having a real hard time finding a driving job. No one would hire me. They would look at my resume, I would get an interview, but I wouldn't get hired, time after time I tried to talk to recruiters and I didn't know why I wasn't getting hired. Turns out that CRE was telling every recruiter in other companies that I have left without notice. Washington State came after me for the $11k I had received from them over the year I was receiving assistance. After proving to the judge that I was one of the top 4 students, given the Top Gun award and a signed resignation by both me and my supervisor, made complaints about sexual harassment and really laid it out how bad CRE treated me and other students. The fact that CRE had qualified me to be a solo driver, but by their own admission said they didn't have a truck for me, showed Washington State they didn't have a job for me. Since they didn't "have a job for me" and I had showed that I made them aware of my spouse being ill I won that case. CRE lost that round and they were pissed. I finally was able to get a job with Haney Truck Lines and the only reason for that was the recruiter had worked for CRE so he knew about their evil ways. CRE is a scam, they are crooks, they should be shut down permanently. OH, BTW, if you want to get 100% on their tests and maybe you can be Top Gun too...just pay attention as they give you the answers to everything, even tests, before the assignment or tests. Just transfer all the correct answers to the official bubbles and you got your A grade. Half the class of 60 or so flunked out the class the first first weekend. Mostly from drinking and staying out all night. The main test is in driving. Warning, the last written test between phases, you do not get the answers, you do not get the same test as your neighbor. All of a sudden they want you to think. Many good new drivers did not pass, just from that test. Truck driving was a dream of mine forever it seems. My Dad was a truck driver, as I have mentioned. CRE killed that dream. I still have my CDLA but I don't drive. CRE is STILL telling other companies I left without notice, even though I already proved it was a lie, so I quit looking for a truck driving job. Stay far away from CRE! No good rotten company. Will screw your entire career if you piss them off.

• Al
    aliciazdaddy Nov 21, 2014

im still employed by crst but they never wanna get me home on home time. anyone know how much i would have to pay for the contract???

• Us
    uso310 Mar 20, 2014

New to trucking in long beach ca. Young father little family need suggestion. Witch trucking school or academy Is the best choice to attend?

• Tr
    Trans am truck Mar 07, 2014

They suck with ### equipment

• Go
    goldenwang Nov 12, 2013

Crst has good and bad i personally like the job and my fleet manager even at the ### rate of .22 cents a mile i can still make enough to get by if they keep me running which i have been doing about 6000 miles a week which is pretty good but their trucks are rolling piles of crap because the type of people they hire they dont take care of the equipment and half of them dont even know how to shift or backup and lately its been going down hill ive had to switch trucks 3 times this month two cascadias and one volvo so this month i have run about 500 miles tops. i was happy with the company up until this point everything was fine i was making some money and everyone was happy until my first breakdown thats when it went to ### now i cant get a load and they are acting like its my fault they keep sticking me with high mileage beat up equipment so moral of the story as long as you get a decent truck and a trustworthy co-driver you can work make money and gain experience i look at it like this its a driving school you get paid to go to and at the end of your 8 months your free to go anywhere you like so you just gotta take the good with the bad ya you gotta deal with a lot of ### but thats the nature of the business and remember this truckers are like fishermen they all got a story and everytime its told the fish gets bigger

• Mr
    Mr.S Douglas Jr. Oct 22, 2013

Crst stands behind there word. I signed on with a lease purchase deal
    everything that was told to me I got then some. orientation was a blast. I had a lot of fun, met alot of good people and learned a lot. I been driving for 8yrs before comming to crst and mrs t. daly taught me a thing or two when I though I was a flat bed pro. they go the extra mile to make sure you know what you are doing before they put you on the road... since i've been here the ones i've seen and heard complaining are junkies or those who expect to get what this industry doesn't offer. you have to have a passion for trucking to make it in this game. go take a course in circular track racing and see if nascar will turn you loose.. why complain when you can start a career with money down... try being a lawyer for free... trucking is not for everyone... and if it were that bad here for you, pay for the training you received so someone who understands and want to become a properly trained cdl holder get that opportunity... crawl before you walk since you can whine before you talk.

Mr. s douglas jr.

• Je
    Jerimiah77 Aug 24, 2013

CRST is a BS company that is full of themselves and has not one care or any compassion for the driver. I was told by a CRST recruiter to come on up after graduating a CDL school that I paid for out of my pocket. I graduated my class and contacted the recruiter who had all my info from day one and she said I was clear to make the 15 hour trip up there and was ready to start work the following Monday. I rented a car, upon being told I would be reimbursed for the car, I believe it was up to $285, and that my record of having a DUI as long as it was three years old was okay. I spent the money, rented a car, drove up there, took my road test, and sat through 2 days of stupid unorganized chaos that they called orientation, and Wednesday, I was called to the Safety office and was told that I had to leave, because my DUI was not 5 years old. They did not reimburse me for my car, I had to find my own way home, which ended up being a 35 hour bus ride back home. Needless to say, I spent a total of $689 all for naught. They are a company that is full of "CRAP" and I would not recommend them to anyone. I have since obtained a job through another company and am in the process of getting CRST to pay back my money!! But for the ones of you that love you job at CRST, enjoy your 28 days away from home at one stretch, while I on the other hand, make more than CRST offered, and am home every weekend, and that is getting 6500 miles as a team, and I get paid for every mile. None of that split crap you CRST lovers like so much. Good luck with your job and your ability to get out from your contract once you find out just exactly what CRST stands for. :)

• Qb
    qbc29 Jun 23, 2013

I'm without speeding I make good money and I'm not finished I got 7 more days I pay my rent and bills send money home to my wife and kids every week and when I go home my instructor dropping me off and going home and my name is Quentin Christian so you know I'm real from Jersey and the reason they hire so much is they get rid of bad drivers you crash or speed you're gone thnx for listening to the truth about CRST.

linkinpark4life87 Feb 27, 2013

CRST is scandalous company they try to tell you that honesty is key so then when your honest about something that is against company policy they can send you home from the student training program and then they make you pay your own way home plus pay back the days you stayed in there housing your bus ticket out and your physical and drug test is you already went through that so not only do they get that money back from you they can also still get there government funds I ve also talked to people that just got out of cdl school and came here for a job and they made them do a 2 week refresher course now my only logic on that is so they still get there government funds by saying they put someone through school scandalous sounds very fishy I'm going to contacting better business bureau when I get home.

• Bi
    BIG ED1960 Feb 22, 2013

I went to crst got my cdl license drove accident free for 4 momths and was fired for getting lost using there directions now I can not get a job because I am still under contract so now I owe crst 4800.00 for a license I can not use if you do not have any truck driving experience do not mess with crst and be very careful who you team up with ask that person a lot of questions before you get in the truck with them I had 3 co drivers from hell.

• Le
    lease driver Feb 11, 2013

13 years of experience and crst is the most UN organized company I have ever seen. So far I've been here 4 months on the lease purchase.2 months made good money 2 months barely paying truck payment. But to be fair it is the 1st of the year slow. So far I haven't had any issues that couldn't be solved with communication. I also try to be respectful to them bc if you act like a turd you will get treated like 1. I'm a trainer and trained for 8yrs and yes the pay absolutely sucks for students here. You van do better unless you have a bad past. But out is ask about how you wanna make it.

• Di
    Disappointed Truck Driver Jan 25, 2013

I have been reading all of the negative comments people had to say about CRST. I have to add to those comments. CRST SUCK big time. I don't know how they manage to get away with this all these years. Why isn't anyone investigating them. They are committing sooooo much fraudulent activity!

Let me tell you my story. My husband and I are co-drivers. We got our license from Metropolitan National in Miami. We got a job offer through CRST, but the only issue was we had to complete a 2 week refresher course for more hours to be hired. We accepted. We got a free ride to Cedar Rapids. Everything seemed great. Just one thing, we just sat in class from 6a.m. to 7p.m. everyday, even on the weekends. When we completed the course, we tested out. All this time while completing the refresher course, we were charged the same price as those students that didn't have a CDL License. We have all our endorsements. We already had everything before going to Cedar Rapids.
    Fast forward, we did the 28 days got our own truck, and the drama starts! We were constantly cheated out of pay for mileage, not reimbursed for tolls, and was charged nearly 200.00 a day for load refusal, we were forced to stay in Ohio for almost a week. Because they claim they didn't have any loads. They don't want you on home time because they know you're going to quit.

When the paychecks stopped coming, we inquired about it and to our surprise we both had a deficit together of about 1500.00. Which had to be paid before we would see any money from the loads we made. We made a decision to leave CRST rather than work for them for free. We communicated with CRST letting them know where the truck was and informing them that we were with the truck. They wanted us to drop the truck in Atlanta, GA. We live in Miami, FL. I was not about to get stranded away from home with no money. I refused to drop the truck in Atlanta, GA. They sent 2 crackheads to repo the truck. We said no. We were told that if we moved the truck, they would call the authorities and report it stolen. We drove the truck home, and parked it. We called the police and reported what happened. We were given some advice and told the truck is not stolen if we have the truck.

The end of the story ended with us releasing the truck to a real tow truck company, and having him sign his name, ID, and phone number where he could be reached.

Don't trust CRST. They purposely screw you over just to trap you! You might start out making a couple of dollars, but after the second week you'll notice everything change.
    A word to the wise: Don't let them get so far away from your home, and you have no way back.

• Me
    men at work Dec 26, 2012

Please am with crst and believe me or not, this is not a company to work for, they will screw you, ur money or miles, they dont care, I was thinking crst drivers and student should strike for a week so that the company can address the problems, so we r arranging and passing the message, believe us if we strike for a week then they will listen, cause after they sign u for a contrack for eight months they dont care, also we r trying to sue them, for poor pay, so be ready guys, we will let u knw, its a high time we as company drivers and students let them listen, we will inform all those intrested very soon, we will be like a union, the pamplets will be out soon to all crst drivers, to inform u, and a website will be structured for information., men at work

• Ki
    KillingTimeNothing2Show Sep 09, 2012

@ truckersagainstwannabetruckers, ive been with the company since june27th of this year, I myself had a clue of what I was getting into, and I like the lifestyle, what I dont like is when maint. approves sending the truck to freightliner for repairs, of which it takes 6 days for the dealer to finally get through to maint. to approve the repairs, and then they tell you, that layover pay isnt approved because I went home (hate wasting my time), according to my paystubs, ive grossed $1900. to date. (would love to know where it is because I havent seen it) as I write this, im sitting in carlisle pa, where ive been since thursday night, waiting to get my truck fixed. my co driver quit, because he was so far in the hole and about to lose his house, cant say I blame him, he was with me for 3 weeks and we kept getting crappy runs that didnt pay much, the only reason im still here is I only have one bill to pay (and on advice from my attorney) my first co driver had 3 incidents in 48 hours, and yes I forced him to quit, because my life means alot to me. I worked in the trucking industry years ago at truck stops, and taught myself how to drive, I got my license in 1996, and its clean, I had no problem doing a 2 week refresher, but watching some of these people drive is truly scary. I get sent a list of co drivers to pick from, and so far all of then have just got their licenses. I told my fleet manager I refuse to take anyone as my co driver, who doesnt already have their license, because to me that means at least they have a concept of whats going on in controlling a large vehicle to begin with. I already know this isnt a cookie cutter kind of job, but the company seems to think so. I have 14 years of driving fire trucks as a volunteer firefighter (no accidents) I take driving this rig as a very large responsibility to myself, my co driver and the public. I know the beginning stages arent easy and im trying to cope, but ive spent more time sitting than running since I got off my trainers truck. hopefully my attorney can find a way out of this predicament. you explain to me why an owner operator can run a load from california, to carlisle, pa, drop it at that terminal and not even take it the last 17 miles to the drop point (and the only excuse ill take for that is both drivers ran out of hours) I took that load the 17 miles to deliver it (24 hours late of course) not even worth filling out a transflo for... I plan on being a truck driver for a long time but I dont think its gonna be with this company, id rather go solo, because if I die, I only have myself to blame, and im definitely not that stupid to put myself or the public at risk. I am not going to die due to a highly undertrained co driver thats wet behind the ears, and I sure as hell didn't take this job to babysit. my brother is probably the only one who's driving I trust, and he wants to switch into the trucking industry, but i'll be dayumed if hes going through refesher training with this company, because to me the school is a joke (accredited my #, maybe as far as crst goes) im sorry but u can't stuff 70 to 90 people in a classroom, or on the range and effectively educate them. like I said, this profession isnt for everyone. sincerely, killingtimenothing2show

lizhuss Jul 31, 2012

I've wanted to be a trucker for pretty much my entire life. my dad was a trucker and i went on a few semi-local runs with him and i loved it! i think i'm actually going to do it though. i met a guy today that is gonna help me do it and i'm pretty sure that i'll suceed in it. hell if nothing else, i'll get to go to a new place.

Linda Rogers Jul 15, 2012

CRST is just like all trucking companies. There is always good and bad in each company. It is your responsibility to verify information about the company you want to work for. If you want to job hop you will find that the companies operate about the same. If a company offers you a few more cents in pay you will probably have less miles. You need to stick with a company to really find out how things operate. I like CRST. I am a trainer and an owner operator. There are things I like and dislike, but I can say that about any job or company. Do your research about the trucking industry. It is not glamorous, but you can make a decent living. This job is not for everyone; it is very demanding and you are gone away from home for long periods of time. Taking all the good and bad with the industry, I still love trucking and would recommend it to others and would recommend CRST as well.
    Linda R CRST driver trainer.

• Sc
    screaming trucker Jul 15, 2012

I too a former employee and I write this to warn people about CRST
    My orientation and 28 days training turned out to be over a 1-1/2month,
    I did everything that they asked of me. I now was classified as a driver and as a team.
    On this last run they refused to let us go home on our scheduled home time with my co driver also as recent graduate student driver we both had driven about 4500 to 5500 miles per wk. and our earnigns for 3 wks and with the pay rate both of us could't even make my home payments or utilities.
    CRST has the lowest rate of pay of any other company in the industry there low pay rate per mile pay is the worst.
    In my case as a driver was .13/mile overall miles or there famous in double talk .26 / split mile pay,
    This company should be sectioned by the government or investigated for there practices of abuse of labor laws violated which i consider it modern slavery.
    I sincerely recommend to anyone thinking of joining CRST that they don't do it and stay away from this company "just run don't walk", , because you will be very disappointed and sorry that you joined... End result will be that you will feel used, violated and and go financially broke, Also the company dispatcher have deep disregard for the driver.
    As a former employee and like thousand before me, I came with full of ambition and a desire to succeed through hard work, but got caught into the jaws of this viscous ruthless people that have a complete disregard for the American families this people abuse their employees.
    And in response to all those that say good things about CRST they must be regular corporate officers or corporate employees of CRST certainly not true drivers.
    I my self not afraid of hard work, I worked day and night very hard picking loads and delivering to their destination. My pay at times was below less than the minimum wage the rate of pay is that of servitude pay..
    I have talked with veterans drivers and they all a common sentiment, is that they hated what this company has become, they say because and according to them this company in the past it was the best company to work for,

• Ju
    Just_Cori Jul 10, 2012

My boyfriend recently went to work at CRST. I am really worried reading all the complaints. So far we've had one discrepancy in the "home" time that was promised before he left for orientation is not what they said once he got there. So far everything else has worked out. We're not to the getting paid part yet.

Cheryl Trojovsky Holmes Jun 29, 2012

Do all complaints in writing to the company. Any company. Resign if you are going to, in writing. CYA. If the company comes after you later, you have in writing what complaints were made, what actions were done, if any, and why you resigned. I you don't have it in writing as much as you can think of, you won't get it all, but no company can hurt you. I have a resignation in writing. I can't tell you how that one decision has made all the difference. I didn't have too. Students were leaving in drooves, no resignation, just leaving. It hasn't been perfect, but so far, it saved me having to pay back the state of WA $12, 000. I also took pictures of policy and safety violations. I wasn't perfect about making sure all my complaints were in writing, but I know better now.

Cheryl Trojovsky Holmes Jun 29, 2012

Ok, i've read enough. some of these complaints are bs and some are probably legitmate. I went to cr england for school and read the same exact things, after the fact. I had bad experiences with trainers, harrassment, sexual and other, inappropriate and excessive critisms and personal verbal attacks. I reported it. crengland treated complaints by not dealing wit them. when I resigned with a letter that I left a copy of, a month later they terminated me. and so this is what is being said to prospective employers. i'm dealing with that. but this is crst's complaint department. just comparing. again, i'm reading the exact same complaints and i've heard outragious compaints about other companies. for most complaints all I would be able to say is when you are at the bottom of the totem pole in any company, you are at the bottom of the # pile. bad hours, pad pay, no respect. any company, that's the way it is. the only company i've heard anything good about is schneider, but I need 6 months of safe driving to work there. i'm considering crst for now. I like that they have a refresher course for $500 that I can pay for or let them pay for for $40 a week. get it in writing, not just in email. i've decided to pay that cost. i've also decided to pay for my way to fontana, on a train, because 21 hours on an old greyhound bus sucks worse than any trucking company. anyway, another charge they cannot take out of my check. they say they will pay me back the cost of the bus ticket. cool, get it I writing. I know at crengland, my friend got it in writing and cre had to honor it, and I would imagine so would anyone else. cre did pay for travel and lodging, with 7 other people, but it was free. crst doesn't. oh well, I understand and don' have a problem with it. if I did, I wouldn't go there. when I get on the road, if I can't get home, i'll miss my dogs. I know I will get home. they have to let you go home. but someday if I decide to buy a truck (and it wouldn' be from any truck company like cre or crst) then I can bring my dogs. speaking of leasing a truck thru crst. crst says you can't lease a truck for 6 - 8 months after you've been on the road for them. hell, cre crams it down your throat during school.in orientation, whether or not you want to lease a truck or not you are given business materials 101. you are on the road for the first 20 days with one trainer, then 10 days with another and you can lease a truck. if you want to be a company driver, that's 20 more days of training after that. another thing. crst says you can't be a trainer for 6-8 months... whaaa... cre says you can be a trainer as soon as you are in that leased vehicle or a company vehicle. barely 2 months. crst says you can't have more than one trainee on your truck, cre will put two. pride will not let a male train a female, but if you are a female, you have a 9 month wait to be trained. so it all comes down to what you can deal with, how you fight it and take responsibily for your actions. I left cre, the school as in utah and my residence in wa, my husband was seriously ill and I resigned. I thought I could go anywhere with my cdla. i've been out of work for 15 months. some things you gotta suck up. be smart, but suck some of it up. verbal and sexual harrassment is against the law. just like in a marriage, you don't have to put up with it. you are pretty much 'married' to you truck partner. deal with it responsibly. if the authority figures don't follow their own policy, resign in writing and go somewhere else. make a report to osha, whatever. I need 6 months safe driving to work for a company I want to work for. be smart, protect yourself, cya, but do the job and meet your goal. my dad was a trucker for many, many years and was a trainer in alabama. it sucked, but he enjoyed it. as far as your partner texting, using cell phone or any other thing that is illegal. do you have a cell phone? cell phones have at least a camera function and cam functions. use it for your life! get recorded evidence that this is going on and report it. even if you don't have a cell phone, report it to your driver manager. it's against the law and if you are really fearful for your life, do something about it, don't come here and complain about it. ok, that;s all for now. my dog is whining and needs to go outside. ask questions, get it in writing, take responsibilty.

• Dr
    DRIVERTRAINER Jun 08, 2012

Hello. I worked for crst two times and both times they screwed me. it is not the miles or the dispatch, it is the other departments involved. they seem to be more concered with screwing the guy who leaves the company. they, in both times put false information in my report that has made it extreamly hard to get another job. how does the saying go? fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me well it is shame on me this time. I should have known better than to go back with them. if you want to get a good job that will do the right thing don't go with this crst. the letters mean crst "can really screw truckers" durring my new job serch I have been told by more than one company that this is not the first time that crst has screwed drivers, they have seen it many times before. how about this one. the first time I went with them I had a skin cancer operation pending with the va. I told the recuter all about it and he said that would not be a problem at all we will get you home in plenty of time to make your appointment. I made shure everybody knew all about the operation pending all through orentation and the hireing process. well they got me home in time to go and all seemed well until after it was done. there was a 6 week recovery time that I told them all about before I was hired and they said no problem. even durring orentation. when the time came for this recovering time all of a sudden it is not ok and thet fired me for it and placed a do not rehire on me. durring my job serch it was a road block and nobody hired me. I was out of work for a long time.

• Ke
    kennethhammer Jun 07, 2012

how do you get out of the contract with crst when they wont answer? ran me out or should i say starved me out. 2nd to last checkwas for minus $18.78 next was 35.00 to live for 6days.am going to try unemployment to get some govt. group to listen, least it will be documented by me and theyre response as to what i owe them or why i shouldnt receive unemployment.im 58 yrs. old and i never thought slavery was still alive and well and hosted by our govt. im a old dog and been around but never knew that crst could be so caustic uncaring, ruthious, bunch of ###s in my life . just want to move on and do a good job for anothercompany. am still a man of my word and would like topay them off, so if some trucking firm can pay me enough to live and eat and pay them off id be glad to hear from you [email protected]

• Bo
    boxxtrucker May 17, 2012

Sounds like ### to me. I worked for crst. I had an owner operator trainer. Yes we were constantly broken down. Yes I didn't get much time behind the wheel. But we also got paid twice a week and they never shorted me of my 50 a day. Pay day was twice a week and whats more you have advance money available to you if you need it. I had the opportunity to get on another truck but I left instead to come home and work local. Trucking ain't for everybody. You will sleep less and work twice as hard as your friends and make less money. But if you pay your dues it will pay in spades later on. Truck driving; love it or leave it!

sadbuttrue666 May 06, 2012

truckersagainstwannabeetruckers you are so nieve and in la la land and probably crack and the bottle so much you do't see reality. Your May 20, 2011 comment is ridiculous. Students have died from drunks allowed to drive for this comany, why do you think they supposedly have no tolorence for drinking...because before they didn't they got their ### sued for negligence, you ###! only someone lik you would defend this idiotcy.

• He
    hellraiser379 Apr 22, 2012

a lot of yall are new to the industry so yall really have no clue about how trucking really is you dive in thinking your going to make big paycheaks iv been doing this 13 yrs and you can make very nice cks i make very good money but like every career it takes a few years and reputation and the money will come i bring home 2300 a week after my truck and ins pmts but it wasnt easy to get there but if driving is your thing some people make more but im ok with what i make its good for me a lot of time people just wanna sit around truck stops and mess with the nasty lot lizards that run around there thats why they dont make miles and as far as the stupid remark about he drove his time then was expected to sleep behind the trainer think about this we should be the worried one we are trainers how do you think we feel about letting someone who has been around the trucks what 2 weeks drive our trucks and have to sleep around a very unexperenced driver who really has no freeking clue about driving we are taking a very big chance with our life and a 180, 000 dollar truck trying to train you guys so be a little more greatful without us there are no new drivers

• Ro
    road shark Mar 22, 2012

CRST is the worst co to work for.and if u thinking to go on lease program watch out it is a big lie and, has to be checked and investigated.they steal your money ! and leave u broke, thieves and criminals . if i had the money that they owe me i swear i will sue them.

• Do
    Don Corleone Jan 28, 2012

You guys are all stoned and illiterate. Good God, no wonder the trucking industry has a bad rep, you guys can't even spell and yet you complain and ###. Ni66a, please/

• Ab
    abras55 Jan 14, 2012

i live in florida an i yest sign for this bu after i read all the cemment is no way i wiil go there loose my time my apt my car nnnno way thank guys

• Bn
    Bnvr2late Jan 13, 2012

CRST- Boasts about being Family Owned and oriented, debt free, willing to help YOU get your CDL License. Will put you through school. What they don't disclose...is the noose they put around your neck when your paperwork is signed the first days of school. No, they don't give you copy of the documents you are asked to signed and barely enough time to read the headers let alone the body. But anyone looking to find a job in this weak economy is willing to take a chance. CRST gets a Stipend from the States they hire in just for 'Employing New Hires" and I use this loosely. In addition they get the Tax Credit for each New hire and then charge up the nose for the school. $4000.00 per student, and in October and November 2011 they told students in the Fontana, CA Classes that they were getting in on a 'DISCOUNT' Class would only cost them $1, 700.00. AMAZING funding right? LIES...they are built on lies, deceit and a clear lack of morals and concern for anyone or anything besides their bottom line. For each student they hire they get FREE money from the government upwards of $10, 000. Shamefully, they hire to fire. There is no retention of employees or any desire to see anyone exceed in the company because their Bottom line is all that matters. Once they get their money for hiring you, they don't even remember your name. BUT ...YOU owe them their money back. What money? Double dipping should be illegal. And they TRIPLE DIP. State Stipends, TAX CREDITS, and YOUR money for schooling (which is a joke) Every disgruntled employee should report CRST for their hiring tactics, and double dipping from government funds.

Complain to the ones that can FIX the problem with CRST. The Better Business Bureau, IRS, State Controllers, Post everywhere you can. Do YOUR part and write to everyone you can and make CRST Do the Right Thing by their employees. Right now, unless you are white...CRST doesn't give a rats behind about you. Trust me on that. Racial profiling isn't done to get you in class, but it is when it comes to keeping you on the road running. Ethically this company has a long way to go.

Recent experience is that I was hired, went through the 28 days of training, was put on the road with a co-driver, sent to Cedar Rapids for ' Backing Course', went out in the truck with David Carlise along with another driver for an hour and a half. The other driver was behind the wheel for 1 hour and 10 minutes of that hour and a half. After my 20 minutes, was told to go sit inside and he would be back with me. He never reappeared. They left me waiting in the hotel and then training school until after Christmas and received a call from Dispatch and was told I was fired for not passing a course I was never given, put on a bus and sent back home. They didn't give me a course. David Carlise Head of Safety, did an assessment, certainly he isn't a trainer. These cowards won't even return a phone call to me, telling me I failed a course they didn't even give me. And they won't release certificates from the class until I pay them their money...They breached MY contract!

This is the type of information anyone looking to work for this company MUST know. There is NO retention of drivers because they are interested in the almighty dollar rather than providing longevity. They don't care about YOU now or later...

If you are interested in joining together and putting a stop to CRST and making them do what's right, email me, subject line must be CRST. [email protected]

• El
    ELLENDOWNING Jan 06, 2012

My boyfriend has been driving for crst for 5 years now i went on the truck with him 8 months ago. He is an owner operator and they are starving him out. His truck is paid off and he is lucky to get 1000 miles a week. They offer him cheap loads take all his money for plates insurance fuel surcharge maintenance fees and we are lucky if we get 100 a week to live on. They won't return calls have you sit for days waiting for another cheap load and tell you that's all they have. Dispatch is a joke . there school is a bigger joke 11 hours behind the wheel and off you go to kill you or someone else on the road. If you don't want to train for them they blackmail you and won't run you. We are tired of being broke and stuck for days on end . Avoid CRST at all cost