CPS Securityrequesting payment of returned check

B

I received a notice in the mail from cps security about a returned check they said needed to be paid. Well, this check was paid in nov. 2010 to audit systems inc. I called cps security and asked the guy on the phone why I was getting this when it was already paid, and 3 months after the fact. He was totally rude, arrogant and unprofessional. He told me to call audit systems so they can notify cps. Why am I having to go through all this trouble? It seems like they research the records and after a few months, hope you forget whether you paid the thing or not, and try to get you to pay again. This is a scam. When I called back cps after he hung up on me, he said he wasn't going to get in the middle of this, and hung up on me again. This has got to stop. Something has to be done about these collection agency harrassments.