[Resolved] CouponCabinfriend referral leading to his account deactivated

B Sep 10, 2018

I visited a friend recently and I used to talk about my good experience with coupon cabin. So he asked me more about it, I log in to my account, show him around the site and he likes it. He made his own account and browse around until he found his New Member Offer. He took it to buy a good pair of shoes. The next thing he heard about the company is that they deactivated his account and forfeited his fair share from the purchase. He replied to find out why and they say there is 2 log in at his IP. Now, I didn't buy anything while tour him the website and Coupon Cabin just made it super frustrating to refer a friend. He has not used a cashback site before and definitely would have not made an account if he had not know how the site work, especially without a friend referral and tour. The company say they would reactivate his account but remove all new member offer. After hearing that, I told my friend to tell them he would simply return the items, delete the accounts for good. He doesn't have to be treated as garbage with general replies and lack of detail regarding this turmoil.

• Updated by Bach Le · Sep 11, 2018

Update: here is one of the last communication showing that the company does not want to sit down and have a discussion with customer at all. It also show how contraditing their saying with their own terms and conditions

• CouponCabin's response · Sep 11, 2018

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Resolution Statement