Cost Cuttersstylists

I arrived at Cost Cutters at 5:08pm there were three stylists a customer in each of their chairs, and one other customer besides myself waiting for service. The stylist to the right greeting me with a hello the clipboard was not on the check in counter therefore I sat down. When the stylist to the right completed her customer she asked if I needed to sign in I stated yes, she asked for my name, and what services would I like I stated a relaxer, she asked if I had been there before I stated yes once she said ok I have you in the system. As she walked past the other stylist it appeared that she informed them of the services that I wanted. I recognized the stylist whom styled my hair during my first visit I asked what time was she leaving she stated eight 0' clock I said ok I am getting my relaxer, she stated I have two customers coming in at six at this time it was five fifteen, I said ok and asked the other stylist would she be able to do my hair she stated no I get off at five. I then said well I guess walk-ins don't matter, the stylist scheduled to leave at five stated well kind of you can get any chemical treatment done as long as you come in before we close but if we have appointments we have to take them first. The other stylist was blow drying her client's hair and did not say anything, therefore I am standing there with this puzzled look on my face neither of them said have a seat she will be with you in a moment, they did not offer another time, did not apologize (nothing) again I would like to stress that it was 5:15pm at this point and she was blow drying a client's hair her next appointments were not scheduled to arrive according to her until 6:00pm. I no longer felt welcomed turned around and walked towards the door still hoping someone said something. I left. I was completely satisfied with the services that I received my very first visit this is why I came back, however I believe that their behavior last night was unacceptable and to allow a customer to walk out of the door without even offering another alternative, or even an apology was just rude. The stylist to the right of the store was still in the back, therefore she did not know what took place during her absence. I really do not want this to happen to another customer, and most likely will not return, however I feel that management needed to be aware that this took place in their establishment.

• El
    Ela Lati Apr 02, 2011

Not to offer any other alternatives in my opinion was rude. The other clients were not scheduled to arrive until 6:00pm. Lunch, Breaks, Stick to the issue at hand Tony Steward

• To
    Tony Steward Apr 02, 2011

I can't believe you would say something so callus as " I guess walk-ins don't matter" when you learn that there are no available time slots for you...I guess you would prefer that people who have made an appointment shouldn't matter and should be put aside for you...were they actually rude? or is your complaint simply that you walked in and they were all booked up for the day? I noted that you assumed that the worker who told you she didn't have any time slots available because she had customers coming in at 6 was being rude. Did you assume she was being rude because you normally don't take any breaks or lunches at your place of employment? Just curious.

• El
    Ela Lati Apr 02, 2011

Wow it's funny that you chose to use the word annoying, the establishment is not a barber shop, therefore other services are offered. If you choose a profession in which you come in contact with customers daily and you become annoyed and allow it to show then you have chosen the wrong profession. I am sure the President/CEO would rather keep a customer then to lose one. It is always about the consumer when they are the ones that you depend on to keep your business afloat. It does not take three hours for a relaxer, unless your husband had virgin hair or his hair was very long. Yes you are correct about one thing I should contact management as well as the corporate office, which is whom I thought I was contacting. Do you happen to know the number ? There is no excuse for rudeness.