Corporate Compliance CenterPosing as government agency

I have so much paperwork that needs handling (including stuff for my S-Corp) that sometimes I don't get into details and just sign the check. I've received a letter about getting fined for being out of compliance because I forgot to send in my annual meeting minutes. It looked very official and came from Corporate Compliance Center located in Sacramento, CA. I feel like a fool now, but at the time it passed my radar, so I sent in the money ($120.00). Didn't think twice about it until I receive some horrible-looking meeting minutes templates... What a fraud!!!

More Corporate Compliance Center Complaints & Reviews

• Re
    Really? Oct 22, 2009

What the hell are you talking about? How is this helpful for anyone?

• Ju
    Julianne Mcking Jul 28, 2014

Just received a letter from California Compliance Center notifying a due date of Certificate of Status of my company and a payment due of $49.50 by July 31, 2014. Being a CPA, I know most of California government agencies, and this is not one I know. So I check online and sure enough I found this is a scam.

It is a shame such type of company is allowed to be in existence in California. I wish there were a legal action can be taken against such type of scam companies. I hope no one will fall for it.