Zoominfo.com / Worst service ever

Internet website zoominfo.com Negative Review on ZoomInfo.com We would like to voice a negative review-complaint about an Internet site, ZoomInfo.com, which presumably has correct and current information regarding businesses and individuals on the Internet. We found that if a problem is brought to their attention, for the most part they refused to correct problematic information on their site and blame it on a third party. I cannot speak for the “individual” department of ZoomInfo.com, but the business site is HIGHLY UNRELIABLE! Our company is listed on this site and virtually everything is incorrect. Our company’s Vice President of Operations contacted the site (via email and telephone as well) to give them the correct information and they could not-would not make corrections to the entry they have for our company! We were told that the information on their site, and I quote “comes from a third-party data provider and are not under the control of ZoomInfo.” Here we are “the horse’s mouth” so to speak and the company itself calling to correct the problem. We know exactly how many employees we have; we know our exact address and telephone number and exactly what we do… It is amazing to us that a site such as ZoomInfo.com who promotes itself as having pertinent information would not make the necessary change to a business site, when the business itself calls and informs them of problems with incorrect information, and requests that the incorrect information be removed and replaced with correct information. Quite frankly, their site, from our experience cannot be trusted for accurate information and what is worse is they will not do anything about it when you call attention to the erroneous information.

To

Comments

• Bh
      11th of May, 2009

Contrary to the statements above, ZoomInfo does not refuse to update company profiles when notified of errors. In fact, you can see instructions on how to report errors on the ZoomInfo contact form at http://www.zoominfo.com/AboutUs/index.php/contact-us when you select the option "The profile in my company's name is inaccurate or out of date":

If you see errors on the ZoomInfo profile of a company where you work, please include the link to your company profile on the ZoomInfo site and a detailed explanation of the errors. When applicable, include a link to the page on your corporate website where the correct information appears.

I have already made contact with this user and have asked him to send his inquiry directly to my email address for attention.

Brendan Howard
    Product Support Manager
    Zoom Information, Inc.

• Gg
      16th of May, 2011

I also have had the same issue with getting ZoomInfo to update the incorrect information on the companies I work for.

I used the contact form to report the errors multiple times over months of time with no changes to their site.

Simply put, zoominfo chooses to keep wrong information on their website regardless of being notified of the errors.

• Sh
      25th of Jul, 2011
    Best Best Advice +10 Votes

How about those of us who never asked to be on your site? It not your business or anyone else's who I am.
    You stole my information from your data mining software Business Email Contact Tool.
    This tool takes all of your Outlook contacts and uploads them to the site database and then its published for the world to see. If your in that contact list then poof now your out on the internet thanks to these jack wagons
    You seem to think this is legal, news flash...its not. The right people just haven't been contacted ..yet. Employer information that is not made public is just that NOT PUBLIC!
    The last thing people need is another company selling their personal information, which is really all you do.
    People have the Right to Privacy! And when they want you to remove them thats damn well what they mean.
    GAME ON!

• Gi
      29th of Aug, 2018

@shootstrait Hello,
    I am trying to remove a profile that I didn't create for months now. any advise?

14th of Feb, 2012

ZoomInfo have recently trawled my companies website and have "verified" listings. Only one of my employees received an email informing them that their information has been added to the site. I have contacted them to remove all information they have about my company - something they must do as the information is copyrighted. If they do not then I will have to start copyright infringement proceedings against them. This is not the first time my company information has been abused, and it will not be the last. This information is mine, no one paid me anything and duplication of it without written consent is a crime. No one asked for my permission and there is it - making someone else some money. No, I don't think so.

To put salt in the wound I can "take control" of my own profile for a fee! So I have to pay ZoomInfo so I can modify the information that they have used illegally! The nerve.

27th of Dec, 2012

I totally agree with JohnnySS. Zoominfo has no right to advertise my details without my consent and they have not sent any notification to me prior doing so. I am intending to report them.

• Ba
      25th of Feb, 2013

Zoominfo states that they have the most comprehensive directory of business info about business people and companies. They also claim to include 50 million business people. I've just recently discovered that they have stolen all the text from my website ( text which is specifically stated as being copyright), without any contact from them to request permission to copy and use my material.

They have taken old versions of the text, so it is also out of date. Also, the profiles of the supposed 'business people' they have stolen are dead, and have been for over a century, as my site is a history website!

I've taken years of research to put together my website and they've stolen the lot without so much as a 'by your leave'. As well as being thieves, they are also guilty of false advertising. Maybe they can only truthfully claim a database of a million 'real live' business people, not 50 million. And by the sound of other reviews I've seen, the details of those 'live' people are also 'dead' and out of date. What a useless and misleading 'service' they provide. It shouldn't be trusted by anyone.

18th of Jun, 2018

@Barbara A. What do you expect? ZoomInfo is an Israeli company. Israelis really excel at STEALING. Just ask the Palestinians, for one obvious example!

• Da
      27th of Mar, 2013

I totally agree with JohnnySS. Please can anybody have started a copyright infringement proceeding against them?

• Co
      7th of May, 2013

I have contacted Zoominfo 5 times to remove my profile, via its online submission form and its remove@zoominfo.com email address. Zoominfo has not removed my profile to date and I will be filing an official complaint to the FTC. I encourage anyone who has issues with this service to follow suit.

• Ba
      19th of Mar, 2014

Gotta agree. Zoominfo has out of date information and does not provide a mechanism for updating, or better yet deleting data that is just plain out of date.

• Bd
      3rd of Apr, 2014

I have no idea where Zoom got my information. None of it, aside from my email address is correct and I was never notified I that was added to this database. I mean the company address isn't even the correct state, nor is at an address that we are affiliated with. Where did this come from? I tried to update/claim the profile, but then it wanted to suck all my contact information from outlook. I'm not doing that to people! Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to remove yourself without them hacking into your contacts?

• Mi
      27th of Apr, 2014

Zoom info, stole my data and posted them on their web, yet i never authorised them to do it, there is a company name, my phone and position there. This is illegal what authority should i contact?

• 09
      22nd of May, 2014

Use Zoominfo facebook profile and social media presence to direct complaints:

2nd of Jan, 2015

I agree this company is using people personal information without obtaining any consent. And on the top of this they are making money using it by selling the data to some businesses. This is unacceptable. They should be prosecuted as this is a violation of PII.

• Na
      12th of Mar, 2015

I agree, this company needs help. But I was able to contact them to get our company information changed. If you call this number and work your way through their phone system, eventually you'll reach their support team to get your information updated. Call: 1 (866) 904-9666

• Jl
      19th of May, 2016

I use Zoominfo and 70% of the time, the site is not working. It freezes. When I call customer service, they say that there is nothing they can do about it from their end. What? About 30% of the contact information is old. I know this because I always go to Linkedin first to make sure the person is still with the company posted on Zoominfo. Very poor customer service, tech department says there is nothing they can do on their end to correct their site from freezing up...he says maybe my tech department can fix it. No, all other websites are working perfectly fine...it's Zoom's website that's the problem. Very frustrating.

• Pi
      21st of Jun, 2016

I have a copyright notice on my website that states quite clearly that no part of my site may be copied or reproduced without written consent. It also states that anyone illegally reproducing any of the content of my site is liable to pay US$250 per day. It has been over 5 years since I first alerted them to this, so they have run up a bill so far of nearly $500, 000.
    Despite this, ZoomInfo have still stolen my intellectual property.
    Look up what Gene Quinn (the US Patent Attorney) had to say when they stole his data. I have, up to this point, been completely ignored by ZoomInfo, so I guess the next step is to contact Gene Quinn with the view to recovering what I'm now owed.

18th of Jun, 2018

@PigDogBear ZoomInfo are Israelis and in the habit of stealing things. Just ask the Palestinians, for instance! They also get away with terrorism and genocide! I hope ZoomInfo is SHUT DOWN.

• Re
      15th of Jul, 2018

@Wendy Lion$ NOT.. MORE FAKE NEWS FROM HABITUAL lIARS. Th e Fakastinians are a people from Pallywood. TROLL

• St
      26th of Apr, 2017

The same applies to our company. Zoominfo has explicitly stated that they will not remove our company from their database.

• Yo
      12th of Apr, 2018

Apparently Zoominfo was the subject of an ABC News inquiry in Sydney, Australia and this was their response:

From: Jani Spede Sent: Tuesday, 5 November 2013 2:35 AM To: Alice Mulheron Subject: Re: Media Watch ABC questions for ZoomInfo Here is the response from ZoomInfo. If you have further questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to facilitate. "ZoomInfo takes very seriously any suggestion that information on an individual’s profile is inaccurate or defamatory and will remove such information and entire profiles upon request of the individual involved. If the individuals you mention, or the court on their behalf, contact ZoomInfo in that regard and we will take prompt action. Such requests can be sent to remove@zoominfo.com. With regard to your particular questions, you are welcome to review our policies and procedures. Here are two links that may help http://zoominfo.com/faq and http://zoominfo.com/terms for our terms of use.” Alice, I've pasted in a few of the answers from the FAQ below for your convenience. Hope this helps. And again, I will be more than happy to help with any further questions you have about ZoomInfo. Kind regards, Jani Jani Spede ZoomInfo Public Relations

Here was the original email:

Dear Ms Spede, Thanks for your time on the phone. Media Watch is an Australian television program that examines and comments on media activity. We are interested in the inclusion on the ZoomInfo website of profiles of a number of Australian public figures, including: [redacted] The above profiles include information taken from a website called the Haig Report, which makes various defamatory accusations against these individuals. We’d appreciate ZoomInfo's response to the following questions: 1. How does ZoomInfo gather information to use in profiles? 2. Is permission sought from those whose profiles appear on the site 3. What measures does ZoomInfo take to ensure the accuracy of information about individuals that is published on its site 4. What measures does ZoomInfo take to ascertain the credibility of the websites it gathers information from? 5. Have any complaints been made to ZoomInfo about these profiles? 6. How does ZoomInfo avoid posting defamatory material in its profiles? We’d appreciate a response to our questions by COB Friday 1st November 2013. If you’d like to speak to me directly about this, you can call me on Regards, Alice Mulheron.

It seems that Zoominfo publishes information inaccurately as a way to extort payment for removal or correction, and by acknowledging the information a person is advertently confirming that the person even exists.

18th of Jun, 2018

I, too, noticed an entry about me on the internet by ZoomInfo that was almost all completely wrong and even included information from who knows where that could be interpreted as defamatory as well! They seem to be working on behalf of Israel, for one thing. That's a clue right there.

• Rm
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Zoominfo.com / Zoom Information - ZoomInfo Business Edition

It's been more than 4-5 years since when I've been using zoominfo.com, Since past almost two years I am required to write frequently for login issues that takes place unknowingly.

Had tried writing to CEO and CTO however there's no difference experienced as yet.