Yelp.com / closed my account for no reason

I signed up for a Yelp Account (dean783 AT mail.com) My account was closed with no explanation of an email sent to me by Yelp.com I like the website and started to make friends on there but then suddenly my account gets closed for no reason.

Br

Comments

• Lb
      11th of Sep, 2011

I can't login after posting a review about a restaurant that had dirty dishes and glasses with lipstick stains. Then I complained to the Health Dept. An inspector called me back and said my complaint was valid and that the dishwasher in the restaurant wasn't working properly. I wanted to update my posting but I can't login, reset or contact anyone there. Yelp needs an inspection.

• Db
      14th of Nov, 2011

I also cannot log in any longer.. They closed my account, as I suspect it is because I did
    not sign up for their $300.00 to $500.00 monthly promotion. They seem to get me lots of work,
    and I feel that just being a member, and doing reviews is better than nothing at all!

• Ye
      5th of Feb, 2012
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

I have been noticing a high number of "Closed Account" s on Yelp. And it dawned on me that it is a commercial site, and there might be censoring going on! Yelp benefits financially from the work of tens of thousands of free reviewers. I'd like to think their oppinions are shown, provided not profane! lol.

• Ye
      5th of Feb, 2012

I have noticed Yelp accounts Closed.

12th of Feb, 2012

I also was removed... so i removed them from MY Facebook page. two can play this game
    Go to the Yelp fan page on Facebook.com by clicking here and click the "Remove App" link on the right hand side bottom of the page.

• Cy
      21st of Feb, 2012

On Feb 13 2012 Yelp closed my account for no reason. They said I had multiple accounts, which I did not. I had given a bad review of a business and the week before he became a Yelp sponsor. I think that is why they closed my account. I only had one and when I E mailed them "which other account is mine" they ignored me. I then E mailed then and said they had made a mistake but was blown off. I finally E mailed them "can I open another account now that I have none?" Still no reply as they hide behind their computers and if someone pays them sponsorship money, the account that you have for a year is closed. Yelp is a scam run by cowards.

• Le
      18th of Apr, 2012

My yelp account has been closed for no reason. I received no email whatsoever. I cannot log in, with a message "this account has been closed." My reviews were not profane or inflammatory in any way. There were negative reviews of restaurants, businesses, etc. but also very positive ones. I guess credit given where due and honest negative reviews are not good enough.

18th of Apr, 2012

ok i don't care . i have 199 % feeedack.. so take it or ...

18th of Apr, 2012

look for the pool pump repair puppy !

• Ko

yelp is BS they r MF

HA HA YOU HAVE BEEN YELPED KINDA LIKE being Monsoned .. movie king pin

HA HA YOU HAVE BEEN YELPED KINDA LIKE being Munsoned .. movie king pin

• Tr
      28th of Feb, 2013

Couldn't remember my password (I don't log in that often, mostly just read reviews), got emailed link for resetting my password, clicked thru back to yelp site. Logged in using new password, then came message "that email address is wrong"... ... ... Re-entered email address and new password, got a message, "this account has been closed."
    WTH??

• St
      23rd of Apr, 2016

__________________________________
    YELP
    APR 22, 2016 | 05:40PM UTC
    We love hearing from you, whether you're sharing an awesome idea or have a problem to report. We want to make sure your Yelp experience is great, and we're looking forward to doing what we can to help! For now, we just wanted to let you know that we've received your message. One of our agents will take a look and respond to your inquiry, typically within 5 business days.

Please do not submit multiple inquiries about the same issue- this will slow down our ability to respond.

-The Yelp Support Team

Original Message:

Kam foo is using your site to rip people off. He tried to use someone else's
    credit card but we caught him. We then found that he is a convicted felon
    and now he is using Yelp and Sienna Entertainment to rip people off. I
    created an individual site under my real name and when I post the info about
    Sienna you guys keep taking it down like your trying to protect this
    company. The only reason you would do something like that is if you are
    getting paid under the table. The complaints that people keep posting are
    about getting ripped off not that the service was not any good or they
    weren't polite on the phone. It's about getting scammed and Yelp keeps
    taking it down so others can be scammed!

6 Found Guilty in $10-Million Boiler-Room Scam : Courts: Victims nationwide
    were misled into thinking they had won expensive prizes and were told to
    send money for them.

Three others, general manager Joseph Robles of Orange and salespeople Kam
    Foo and Darrell Vartanian of Huntington Beach, were convicted of two counts
    of wire fraud and one count of mail fraud each.

Foo and Vartanian were two of the companies' top salesmen, generating
    between $300, 000 and $400, 000 a year, Williams said.

Prosecutors expect to ask U.S. District Judge Alicemarie H. Stotler to
    sentence the six men to four to eight years in federal prison when they
    return to court on Feb. 27.

United States of America, Plaintiff-appellee, v. Fred Bakhshekooei, Joseph
    Robles, Kam Foo, Timothy Laros, paul Cooper, and Darrell Vartanian,
    Defendants-appellants, 110 F.3d 70 (9th Cir. 1997)

1. 'm a little confused Kam you provided what you told us were
    confirmation numbers that weren't real and the hotel had no record of you
    ever booking rooms for the group, similar to other reviews on here not
    within our group. I have an email from you stating you booked our rooms and
    we were set go.

We have never received a refund from you and if you did and have
    documentation on that of when and where it was sent to that would be great!
    I would happily take down any negative comments or reviews or wouldn't have
    posted at all had we received a refund.

But when we pay Sienna Entertainment not a 3rd party for a service and there
    is an issue and you never respond to anyone to clear up or resolve the issue
    that's just poor customer service.

I have all my documentation and facts.

2. Kam Foo and his assistant Shannon Obrien are crooks, thieves and
    liars...I was just recently in Vegas and had a writen contract with them
    that they would provide services and rooms at the SLS hotel and upon arrival
    they had no record of my reservation...After 2 emails and several calls they
    said they would take care of it and refund our money...they did nothing
    except cut off communication...I am currently suing them...

These people are terrible and do not do business with them...they will steal
    your money...

3. Scam Foo does not run a legitimate business. I booked a large
    bachelor party through him with many bottle reservations and pool parties.
    He suspiciously asked for money upfront which we reluctantly gave him. One
    month leading up to the actual events he went off the grid. No responses
    through text email or phone calls. I followed up with the places where he
    claimed he booked us and none of them had heard of him or from him. This guy
    runs a scam and tries to take your money and run. Thankfully I filed for
    fraud via PayPal and got it all back. Super sketchy business and hope no one
    has to go through what we did.
    We never got into the pool party and they didn't get us in to the other club
    or pool party the next day. We will never use them and we are now fighting
    to get our money back.

Share review
    Embed review
    Compliment
    Send message
    Scam Foo got another victim!! $4400 went into Kam Foos pocket. Ripped off another client!

1.0 star rating 7/14/2016
    Hey Kam F. Scamming people again?? Any chance I can get my $4400 you scammed me for. Still waiting for you to respond to my texts/calls/emails. Thanks!!!

Sienna Entertainment - Las Vegas, NV, United States. Scammer
    Scammer
    Scammer
    Sienna Entertainment - Las Vegas, NV, United States. Scammer!! Fraud!!

• Pi
      30th of Jul, 2016

My account was also closed by yelp without any reason