X10.com / Sold me the wrong software!

I purchased over $700 worth of equipment from X10. They sold me the wrong software, and took over a week to figure that problem out. After they gave me the correct software, I found that it is not totally compatible with my camera, the web page to control the camera is not available via the web, and the customer service reps are ignoring me 100% at this point. I have left a message and e-mail for the president of the company (Alex Peder) and have received NO response. You should think more than twice before purchasing anything from this company, once you receive it, you will be on your own!

Lu

Comments

• Ra
      18th of Aug, 2008

I am in the same boat. Called to get RMA 2 weeks ago. They said they would email it out. Nothing. Have now sent 2 emails to different dept.'s, still no reply. I have quite a few of the X10 products, some of which work, but will never buy from them again.

• Sh
      9th of Sep, 2008

I want to add to this complaint. I ordered one of their so called PC to TV wireless products. They charged my credit card twice and then when I went to call them to return both of them as neither worked, it took 5 calls at 45 minutes a piece. I had to pay all shipping and they charged my credit card a second time without my authorization!!! Oh and the product, it the small fine print that you never see until it comes to you, it says it may not work if you have other wireless products with a 2.5 GZ. Helloooo! who doesn't have a wireless router for internet or wireless phone these days. These guys are bad news.

• Re
      10th of Nov, 2008

The software is lame all the equipment does work that I bought but they need to get out of the software business or do not sell it all. The software I use locks up the computer the instructions say reinstall it but that's crap I know they wont give my money back so it was a waste I may by the cameras but I will never do the software ever again.

• Cr
      17th of Apr, 2009

I purchased a wireless camera through x10, back in 2006. i had the hardest time installing the equipment. they said it was the video receiver. sent that it back twice got a new one and i somehow couldn't get it to work with my T.V. Some how after being countless hours on the phone with these people they didn't bother to think that is was the wireless video receiver. so now after years of trying to figure out the issue with the T.V I decided to get the software and run it from the computer. now i had to return the va12a adapter because it wasn't working properly, now they say it is the wireless video receiver that isn't working. so they coned me on $150.00 of equipment and now i need to buy this piece of equipment. it seems like there equipment is a bunch of trash and i keep on receiving the bad equipment. I have just had it with them cause i'll have to spend another $50.00 dollars and then they will come up with some excuse that some other piece of equipment is broken, and i will cost me more to run this wireless camera. They need to get their act together or stop selling the equipment.

• Bi
      20th of Apr, 2010

Here is an update: 4-19-10, dont bother to order this hardware. Its a crappy and not worth the time and money. The support sucks, they claim they MAIL me the software, and it didnt arrive like they said it would - guess what they email it to me! Its still a not worthwhile software. I intent to spread the word before someone else gets taken!!

• Km
      4th of Dec, 2011

I would never buy anything from them again. My cameras don't work. I spent two days trying to set them up. I could not get though on the phones for help. They said they could do E-MAIL chat. I said no. I get an e-mail from a support person that said I could schedule a call back. I scheduled one, he said he was booked that day. I sent another
    e-mail to him to get help the next day. My e-mail was blocked on their server. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I called customer service, it took a long time and many tries to get though, on wait for 40 min. I hung up, than 20 min...I finally said, that is it. I asked for a RMA number. Jennel said it would take 24-48 hours. It has been more than 48 hours and still no RMA.