www.Car-Hire-UK.com / No Refund Complaint Review car-hire-uk.com

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

We booked a Group C Ford Focus for pickup for 7 days for the advertised £109.00 with waiver SCDW so low excess of £75.00 which was really good value. We were met on arrival by a very highful young lady who really made us feel at ease, the rental went fine and no problems. When we returned our vehicle we forgot to refuel the vehicle. We have called the company numerous times to tell them we have not received our fuel deposit back, and they tell us that they cant refund the fuel, as we returned empty, however we didnt mean not to refuel the vehicle, and think it is most unfair to charge us the full £45.00 for fuel, it could not cost more than £40.00 to refuel. Although this was our only complaint we feel it fair to let people know our experience although very good, the small print does say mind you about this. hopefully next time the service will be better for us

Comments

17th of Dec, 2007
    Car - Hire - UK - No refund!
    car-hire-uk
    United Kingdom
    www.car-hire-uk.com

They charged me £75 Fuel Deposit
    £70 Deposit
    £42 Exta for GPS hire

Since july 2007 no refund yet as they promise. Calling them they start disconnecting my calls. Beware of this scam!

• Do
      14th of Jan, 2008

I have been charged 670.00 extra by this company and it is impossible to get through by telephone, I have therefore spent a lot of money and wasted so much time. There's always the same message, you are next in the queue several times, then Customer Services have closed.

I paid 600.00 deposit and 70.00 fuel on top of the hire charge, neither of which have been refunded, and it is impossible to speak to anyone there. They do not have an office in the airport either so all transactions are carried out in the long term car park. The car was rented from 20th-30th December and we were charged 10th December. Visa are taking this up for me, but it has caused so much anxiety that everyone should beware of this company.

• El
      19th of Nov, 2008

I have been charged 670 pounds for deposit and fuel and two months after returning the car I have not had a refund although they are insisting that they have 'processed' the refund. I have all the same problems as above with the phone calls to customer service.
    I contacted visa & they are saying that there is nothing they can do as when I returned the car to the car park I just had to leave it as it was 6am - I left the directions for locating the car on their voicemail, so I did not get a refund receipt and without that there is nothing visa can do. Of course Car Hire Uk is not providing it.

• Po
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I've just 'paid' for car hire and discovered that they also took money for deposit, which I'm annoyed about, and I HAVEN'T EVEN RENTED THE CAR YET. I'm already worried that they won't be returning the money to me. Can we all do something about this?

• Ol
      12th of Jan, 2009

**** AVOID AT ALL COST ****

I had the same problem with this car hire UK. The fist hint was when I checked my account I realized that £670 extra had been taken from my account without my knowledge a day before I got the car. At this point I had no choice but to go ahead with the rental as it was for my Christmas break. I cried foul when I realized this but the customer support personnel acted like a total thicko on purpose.

I have been calling the support line without any useful response to inquire of the status of my refund.

I have taken this up with visa through my bank. My credit card has a cover against such cheats

**** AVOID AT ALL COST ****

car-hire-uk

• Js
      19th of Jan, 2009

Totally agree. They just conned me out of £890. They failed to notify me they were taking a deposit of this amount. When queried, they said it would be returned. I returned when the vehicle is returned. The vehicle was returned in good condition over 2 weeks ago and still no sign of return of money. No response to e-mails, etc. After reading so may complaints which all basically say the same thing, I've come to the conclusion that they are a scam outfit and operate under fraudulent purposes. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO NOT USE CAR-HIRE-UK.COM. After further investigation, Ive discovered the address they gave me is a sweetshop/news-agent in Bromley. The lesson to be learned is to only use recognized big name car hire firms which have registered offices and high customer ratings in all the major consumer sites.

• Sm
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am another victim of this scam. I hired a car from them on Dec 5-6, 2008. The agreed rate was 131 pounds. My visa card was charged 810. I have sent numerous emails, made phone calls, sent registered letters and have now handed this over to the Visa Card Dispute section to deal with. I think they deliberately prey on people that are coming to the UK from overseas, as it is harder for us to follow up complaints. Perhaps we could collate a list of people that have been scammed and submit it to the Office of Fair Trade, or some such organisation. Please get in touch with me if you would like to be included.

• Po
      25th of Jan, 2009

I fully understand the distress this has caused. I also waited for a long time for my refund. But about a month later, after all those emails to customer service, i finally scored some success. This was achieved only after I 'd copied all my emails to the Area Trading Standards Officer for Bromley, David.Bullar@bromley.gov.uk.
    I'm willing to help in any way I can.

• Ol
      28th of Jan, 2009

Thanks Powderhound, car hire uk, responded after I sent a complaint to David.Bullar@bromley.gov.uk. My money is now refunded and I am a happy man.

Car hire UK, came up with accusations of harassments and report over speeding against me when they responded to my email.

• Un
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Thankyou so much! We are living in Australia and hired a car through Car Hire UK last August for 1 month.
    On 16th June 2008 we paid Car Hire UK £706.11 for the hire of the car. We then discovered they had taken £670 as a deposit on 30th June 2008, and this has not been returned to us despite us returning the car full of petrol in perfect working order with no damage. We too live overseas and despite multiple follow up calls and letters and e-mails we have not received our money. We are continually fobbed off and we are very suspicious of this company. We have also handed this over to our credit card dispute section. We are only just aware that we are finding ourselves in this position alongside many others.

• Uk
      11th of May, 2009

Car Hire UK seems to be in cahoot with Europcar, national & Alamo, I boked a car on line with Car hire UK in April 09, the internet price was 278 GBP for 17 days. I ordered, however the email confirmation did not state the price only the mini catagory with a rent from Europcar & 17 GBP for car Hire UK ?. On picking the car up inEningburgh at Europcar I was given a car upgraded by 2 catagories for 366 GBP. According to Europcar .. Car Hire UK had ordered that catagory for me. Car Hire UK refuses to commnet & I was forced to pay 366 instead of the agreed 278 pounds. Europecar also refuses to comment or reply.

19th of Aug, 2010

Yes we were scammed too, fabricating lies that we had damaged their cars to ransom our 670 deposit that was taken against our knowledge or approval. They are crooks and liars. I am surprised that they are allowed to operate in a law enforcing and abiding country like UK. However we must not rest we will fight them even it means going to court...!

• Ho

Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature Of Business (SIC(03)):
    7110 - Renting of automobiles

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2009 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL) Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2011 Last Return Made Up To: 23/05/2010 Next Return Due: 20/06/2011

Mortgage: Number of Charges: 5 ( 1 outstanding / 4 satisfied / 0 part satisfied ) Last members list: 23/05/2010

Previous Names
    No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

COMPANY APPOINTMENTS

KENT
    BR7 6NR

Company Appointments: 3 / Resignations: 5
    Resignations
    To view details of other appointments held, click on the appropriate underlined name.

GOODWIN, MICHAEL STEPHEN SECRETARY

Date of Birth: 24/01/1924 Appointments: 2
    MORTGAGE DETAILS

Company Number: 00575284
    Company Name: ELSINORE GARAGE AND COMPANY LIMITED

Number of Charges: 5 (1 outstanding / 0 part satisfied / 4 satisfied)

The following details relate to all outstanding and part-satisfied charges for the company together with charges satisfied since 01/01/1987. Charges are displayed with the oldest first.

View charges from: to:
    Satisfied

Description: MORTGAGE
    Charge is Satisfied Satisfied date: 14/11/1998
    Person(s) Entitled: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Acquisition Date: Created: 03/09/1962 Registered: 11/09/1962 Form Type: Not Known

Amount Secured: ALL MONIES DUE ETC. Short Particulars: 3 UPPER PARK ROAD, BROMLEY, KENT. PRESENT AND FUTURE TOGETHER WITH FIXED AND MOVEABLE PLANT MACHINERY FIXTURES IMPLEMENTS AND UTENSILS

403a 14/11/1998

Description: MORTGAGE & GENERAL CHARGE Charge is Satisfied Satisfied date: 14/11/1998
    Person(s) Entitled: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Amount Secured: ALL MONIES DUE ETC. Short Particulars: OVER GOODWILL ASSIGNMENT OF GOODWILL CONNECTION OF THE BUSINESS AND BENEFIT OF ALL LICENCES HELD IN CONNECTION THEREWITH UNDERTAKING AND ALL PROPERTY AND ASSETS PRESENT AND FUTURE INCLUDING UNCALLED CAPITAL

403a 14/11/1998

Description: CHARGE SUPPLEMENTAL TO A MORTGAGE DEBENTURE DATED 3.9.62 Charge is Satisfied Satisfied date: 14/11/1998
    Person(s) Entitled: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Acquisition Date: Created: 06/11/1986 Registered: 19/11/1986 Form Type: Not Known

Amount Secured: ALL MONIES DUE OR TO BECOME DUE FROM THE COMPANY TO THE CHARGEE SUPPLEMENTAL TO A MORTGAGE DEBENTURE DATED 3.9.62 Short Particulars: A SPECIFIC CHARGE OVER THE BENEFIT OF ALL BOOK DEBTS & OTHER DEBTS NOW & FROM TIME TO TIME DUE OR OWING TO THE COMPANY BUT SO THAT THE COMPANY SHALL PAY INTO THE COMPANY'S ACCOUNT WITH THE BANK ALL MONEYS WHICH IT MAY RECEIVE IN RESPECT OF ALL BOOK & OTHER DEBTS HEREBY SPECIFICIALLY CHARGED (SEE FORM 395 FOR FULL DETAILS)

Description: LEGAL CHARGE
    Charge is Satisfied Satisfied date: 17/02/2005
    Person(s) Entitled: BARCLAYS BANK PLC

Acquisition Date: Created: 21/08/1995 Registered: 31/08/1995 Form Type: 395

Amount Secured: ALL MONIES DUE OR TO BECOME DUE FROM THE COMPANY TO THE CHARGEE ON ANY ACCOUNT WHATSOEVER Short Particulars: ELSINORE GARAGE 3 UPPER PARK ROAD BROMLEY L/BOROUGH OF TOWER HAMLETS

403a 17/02/2005

Description: LEGAL AND GENERAL CHARGE
    Charge is Outstanding
    Person(s) Entitled: ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

Acquisition Date: Created: 04/04/2008 Registered: 09/04/2008 Form Type: 395

Amount Secured: ALL MONIES DUE OR TO BECOME DUE FROM THE COMPANY TO THE CHARGEE Short Particulars: 4 ELLENSLEA ROAD ST LEONARDS ON SEA BY WAY OF FIXED CHARGE OTHER PROPERTY AT ANY TIME HEREINAFTER VESTED IN THE COMPANY ALL THE COMPANY'S UNCALLED CAPITAL FOR THE TIME BEING AND ALL ITS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND ALL OTHER F/H AND L/H PROPERTY THE COMPANY'S STOCK IN TRADE AND PLANT ALL IT'S LAND INTERESTS IT'S BOOK DEBTS BY WAY OF ASSIGNMENT THE RELATED RIGHTS THE COMPANY'S UNDERTAKING BY WAY OF FLOATING CHARGE

• Ca
      13th of Sep, 2014

Hi, can anyone tell me if this information is still valid?
    I'm out 600+ GBP and I live in Austria, so it's not easy for me just to drive round to the head office and get my money back.

CAR RENTERS beware, you will be scammed by these people (putting it politely) and I am referring to www.car-hire-uk.com !!!

First time I have ever gone for the lowest price and trust me it will be the last and I'm over 50!

9th of Feb, 2015

Hi how have to got on, have you had any luck getting your money back! Im in tthe same boat, since july 2014