Worldwinner

Awful fraud

4.15
WorldWinner
worldwinner.com
I know part of this is my fault for being so stupid but I lost a total of $43, 141.00 in money last year. The worst part is I have to claim $21, 697.00 in other income because they file a 1099 Misc income form to the IRS. This site is a total rip-off. It should be classified as gambling. When you lose they are so quick to send you an email or something else on your page and say something to the effect 'sorry you didn't win but get back in there and try again.' I could go for several days and do nothing but win, win, win. Then when they have you hooked for a bit you start going for the bigger prizes and sure enough you lose all of it. Then you try to regain some of your losses only to repeat the cycle over and over. I could go on and on but you get the point I'm sure.
Complaint comments Comments (82)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Gambling Games

Comments

A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
yes i agree...though i havent lost quite that much money.It is a ripoff and there are soo many names which are not real life players.all the games are fixed or someone is cheating at them...getting some truly unbelievable high scores.
D  10th of May, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Uh why did you keep playing if you were losing that much? ###.
A  22nd of Jul, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Just joined WorldWinner a few weeks ago and have for about half of that time realized that it was a complete scam - fortunately I came to this realization after very limited damage to my bank account (I deposited around $100). I learned pretty fast that the ONLY hope I had of even staying even with my deposited money was to stick to the two-minute games which were all about as much luck as it was skill (which WW's ToS specifically states they DON'T design games for, yet here they are), particularly in Dynomite, where it was very unlikely to see astronomically ridiculous scores and that I had no hope of competing with. And in order to have any chance, I also had to play in the middle of the day or very late at night is when I seemed to have the best chance of not coming up against the typical top scorers.
Even then in the larger games (35 - 90 players) I started to score well enough to actually make back a little money on the entry fees I used just to get those winnings (I'd have to enter 4 or 5 times at ~$2 each and maybe 3/10 times I'd place 4th or 5th and get $15 - $12, maybe 1/10 I'd actually amaze myself, get a good game and after 4 or 5 times actually place 1st or 2nd). Even then, I noticed it was ALWAYS the same players who were scoring in the Top 3 and re-entering the game constantly upwards of 10+ times each even when already in the top slots (to suck up entry slots - again, a blatant violation of WW's ToS).
But anyway, in the big picture of things (even though WW specifically says they don't calculate things this way, just what your winnings are compared to the ONE entry fee that got you your winnings) I was spending $10 or more to get a gain of an average of $2 - $5 when I would PLACE. Taken that with the games I entered in multiple times or realized that the scores were already well beyond my capabilities, and the larger winnings from my rare placing in the Top 3. I was MAYBE averaging +$5, A DAY after playing dozens of games each day - I will admit that I got addicted to the games early, and then realized I had to keep playing to try and make my money back.
Well, this brings us to yesterday - I FINALLY get back to my original deposit fees, and not only that, I place first in a game that paid out $35 for top place and that puts me over my original expenditures by about $20. So I decide right then that here is my moment - I will withdraw my original deposits and then I'll be playing with WW's money and if I lose all that, I will cancel my account. So I go through the process of setting up the withdrawal to my account. It posts - my account shows the withdrawal, and I breath a sigh of relief and sign-off figuring that I would come back the next day (today) and see what I could do with my account on the plus side.
So first thing I see when I wake up and check my email is an email from WW saying my withdrawal has been processed and to expect the funds to show up in my various accounts in the next couple days. I go about my business and around noon I have some free time and go to log in... And I'm greeted with an "Account Closed" message saying to contact the "Fairness Department" for more information.
I make my money back, want it back, ask for it back, and I assume that this means that I am accused of cheating. How or why I am accused of cheating I have no idea, I have yet to hear back from WW for their exact reasoning. I never used "bots", never used any other methods or programs to cheat, never intentionally entered games I already had top 3 scores in to do poorly or take up entry spots (I would enter a game if say I was in 3rd place and the 1st place score was only a few points ahead and I might have had bad games, but never intentionally - but if I had to guess, this is going to be the reason they state if I ever hear back from them, that they assume I was intentionally taking up spots to protect my score: which they themselves offer with their "Win it Now" feature in some of their games - which in itself is violation of THEIR OWN ToS, yet they offer it), and everything else that WW lists in its ToS as bannable. So while I wait to hear back from WW, I can only conclude that my suspicions after my last deposit were dead on - WorldWinner is a complete scam. A player who has not even been around for a complete month yet breaks even, wants his money back and then is called a cheater - and WorldWinner keeps my money. I can assume that my "processed withdrawal" will be canceled and my original deposit money lost. I can only guess that is what caught WorldWinner's attention - they now technically were loosing my original money and giving it back to me and they decided to keep it and ban me at the same time. I will update when I hear back from WW as to their "official" reasoning for my account closure, but again, I can only assume that their accusation will be that I played in the same games too many times to intentionally give myself an edge - Yes, it's called trying to get a higher score to place better! But sitting here now all I can see is that WorldWinners saw they were losing my original fees, didn't like that, didn't like that I hadn't made a deposit in over two weeks, and decided to do what they wanted to keep my money and that was close my account and accuse me of cheating - that is probably EXACTLY why WW says that in this day and age it takes them nearly a WEEK to post any processed withdrawals to accounts and figure out if they're going to start losing money.
There were never any problems with my account before or while I was playing - WorldWinner was fine with me entering games 5 times or more to try and get top score or improve my score in a game; they were fine with me using their "Win it Now" feature. But when I try to get my original money back - account closed, you're a cheater. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a scam at all.
A  9th of Jun, 2009 by    +2 Votes
There is some consensus among the makers of games that cheating is actually expected, but as long as the general public is unaware of this they can still make their pound of flesh as long as they get their percentage of the entry fees from people who believe that they are actually able to detect and prevent cheats. I was one of these myself, though I should have known better; didn't invest much, less than $50 all told, but I still feel a bit victimized since I trusted that it was an honest game and thought if I worked at it I could get good enough to win a little. I didn't get wise until I had "qualified" for the tournament cash games (by playing a certain number of limited entry cash games) which I was eager to try since the entry fee to payout ratio was much higher than the one on one competitions. Here they have to display more than just your direct competitors scores, and I was seeing scores that didn't seem humanly possible to me in a three minute game.

After researching tips and help, I saw videos of the games in action, meaning that some actual people and not bots were accomplishing this, but I still didn't see how it was possible to play that FAST. I just assumed I was out of my league and that they were some kind of savant or something, but recently have discovered that it is possible to stop the clock on some games by interfering with the process in the CPU by hacking the memory or using a tool to do so, essentially giving them the time to make the moves at their leisure whilst I'm trying to beat the clock.

Also, particularly with Worldwinner, I have realized that multiplayer competitions are also not fair since the players are not necessarily playing the same puzzles, and the "skill matching" system is anything but matched. I was in skill division 2 (never having seen the supposed division 3) until I scored high enough to earn a prize when (shock and wonder!) THAT play coincidentally bumped me to the next skill division where the score was no longer in the payable standings. It was at that point that I called ### and just quit.

I still play for fun to beat my own scores and if there are reward points or something, but no more cash is coming out of my pocket since it isn't an even playing field, and am doing my part to spread the word that they are at least guilty of misrepresentation if not worse. At least in Vegas they admit that the odds favor the house, but these folks are claiming that its secure "skill based" gaming. Actually I guess it is - if the skill in question is the ability to alter the game rather than play it.
N  4th of Jul, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Dear hamhawk:
Perhaps you should spend less time on WW and more time learning spelling/grammar.
N  8th of Dec, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Hi everyone. I'd like to start by saying I wish I had found this before I opened an account, luckily they screwed me quick so it was a lot less painful than for some of you. I signed up through Gamesville, I didn't think much of it when I started playing the free games...but I was WINNING, and not by a little...by a LOT for example, in Big Money I would score 42, 000 they would score 12, 000. In Luxor I would score 157, 000 they would score 28, 000. In dynomite I would score 62, 000 they would score 38, 000 and in mohjongg I would score 1, 400, 000 and they would score 126, 000. To say the least I was excited!! I made a deposit $25.00 and got an equal match in game credits (thank god I was smart enough to withdraw my real money) I played with their money and won $26.00 (just over the original amount I was given), But...my scores were no where near what they had been when I was playing their free games. it wasn't that my opponent was beating me...I just wasn't playing as well? My withdrawal of $51.00 came in about 6 days. I wasn't sure if it was worth it to go back ( I was afraid I could lose a LOT of money, I really like to play online games) But then I received an email. "One time offer" 50% deposit match if done in the next 24 hours...o.k...lets give this one more try, I deposited $50.00 into my W.W. account and received a $25.00 credit, I again withdrew my real money and played with theirs I again won $26.00 and withdrew it, But, I was hooked I made another deposit about 3 hours later for $10.00, I won some, I lost some, I won, Some, when I got back to my original deposit of $10.00 I said to myself "That's enough" don't need to lose my money playing games and I withdrew my $10.00. I received an email the next day "Your withdrawal of $86.00 is on it's way" ($60.00 of which is MY money) two days go by and I received another email informing me that "it has been detected that you have opened multiple account which violated our 'fairness' policy, your account has been closed and your winnings have been confiscated" W H A T?????????? I can't f-ing believe this! They stole my money! I won $26.00 they are keeping $60.00...so I paid $34.00 to play their games for about 6 hours, not to mention the money they made from entry fees in the tournaments I played in RIDICULES!!!I responded with an email to player services "respectfully" requesting they returned my deposits of I was contacting my attorney. I also disputed my deposits in my paypal account, As an item significantly not as described case. W.W. is fine if you just want to play some fun games...word to the wise DON'T LET THEM NEAR YOUR MONEY!!!
A  21st of Dec, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Worldwinner is a rip-off and a scam.

The only "FAIR" games are the ones between 2 players on a head to head basis.

The tournaments are all won by the same players.

Worldwinner steals cash and replaces it with CREDITS!!!

WorldWinner is a scam. At least when a person GAMBLES, they have a chance of winning. Don't waste your time or money.
N  15th of Feb, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Class action suit? ...REALLY? Good luck with that..lol
Anyone who thinks Worldwinner is a scam should take a look at the image of my withdrawals I'm attaching.

I've been playing for several years and I average an actual profit of 20-25K per year. The website has been good to me! You just have to be good at the games. If you're not good at the games, why on earth are you playing cash competitions?
A  22nd of Apr, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I have played for about 7 years, and have seen a pattern that made me close my account. I had originally played the small money games, but recently started playing for bigger amounts. I know it sounds crazy, but it seemed so apparent that someone else was controlling the cursor, and when I'd be on a roll, the cursor would automatically swing to the left or right and it was as though I had no control over it. It's like when you call customer service for a computer repair and they can get into your computer and then move the cursor...honestly, that's what it felt like. I had gotten so close to winning some high dollar games, and it was always during these times that the cursor would just jump. It was not a problem I had with my computer at any other time. I have no doubt that Worldwinner will be exposed at some point.
A  23rd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Those of you who are filing IRS complaints, please let the rest of us know what happens or how to go about it, if you would be so kind. Thanks!
N  30th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Here's a funny thought...You few people who posted on here, saying you see no issues with worldwinner, wow! Could it be it's beause you're one the the elitist?The site caters to you and you know it.Without you they couldn't make their claims about how easy it is to make big bucks.You're their bait to lure the sucker fish in. It wouldn't shock me to later find out worldwinner stacked the odds in your favor, or againts the poor naive noob. Some ppl may not think worldwinner makes money off you, but you're their best advertisemant, and the depositing noob is what keeps you and worldwinner going strong. The fairmatching there is ### and you know it.You don't want it to change because then your payday would suffer.It's funny, I went to worldwinner a while ago to find out what they claim is their formula for fair matching.They used to have an explanation defining it as 'sophisticated use of algorithms'. I revisited the site again and found that definition no longer there.Why is this? Trying to cover their ### for some reason? Yes I am a dumb sucker who erroneously thought I could make something there and have fun. Both of those ideals never came to fruition, Make money?pshhh! Have fun?double pshhh! It's not fun when you're unfairly placed in games with ppl who ALWAYS win their daily games. I forgot to mention and allow me to lock my caps on this final comment...THEY HAVE RAMPANT CHEATING, CHEATERS, PPL WHO ADMIT ON OTHER FORUMS THAT THEY HAVE PERSONALY USED BOTS, SPEED SLOWING ADD ONS AND SOFTWARE.
EARLIER THIS YEAR, ONLY AFTER BEING PUMMELED BY PLAYERS TO DO SOMETHING, WORLDWINNER, ONLY AFTER KNOWINGLY ALLOWING THEM TO CHEAT FOR MONTHS, FINALLY EXPELLED THE KNOWN CHEATERS ALTHOUGH THEY NEVER ADMITTED OR STATED WHY THOSE PLAYERS SUDDENLY VANISHED.EEEENNNNOOOUUUGGGHHH SSAAAIIIDD !!!
A  5th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am trying to start a class action lawsuit against World Winner. I you want to post you problems to my message forum in www.classactionforum.com, maybe if we have enough people, a class action can be started. I have tried the BBB but they were of no help. World Winner just lied and the BBB bought it.
N  8th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I think there is also something hinkey with their Paypal setup - When topping up my account I am prompted to enter my CC info (supposedly to confirm my address). Isn't the entire point of PP NOT to have to do this? And my address is already confirmed there. WW gave me a brush off "we are investigating this matter..." email when I inquired about this and I have not heard anything since.

Interesting too, if you do use a CC to add funds, you are then UNABLE to delete the stored info as long as you have any balance at all. And this means that you can add funds in as litte as 2 clicks with your WW password. Even Paypal will require a new page and new login and at least 4 or 5 click-thrus to confirm the charge, which gives me just enough time to put that "try just one more time" impulse at bay. I had to withdraw my 11 cents credit to save myself spending a fortune $10 or $20 dollars at a time!

AND they use fuzzy math - if you play in a limited entry tournament and get the high score at any point after one score is posted it will trigger the "win it now" option to buy out the remaining spots with a message that states what the cost will be and what the winning take will end up, but they never include the entry fee of the game that you have just played to get that score- consequently if you don't read carefully you could end up with a "win" that ends up costing you money! See the breakdown of this posted here: http://www.cashgamers.net/forums/players-square/1099-win-now-misleading-mathmatics.html
A  31st of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I've been worldwinner member since 2007. I chose not to fill out the W9 form so I don't have to deal with IRS/tax on my winnings. So, they withhold 28% of my winning. but guess what, I just received a letter from the IRS saying that I owe them money for the income that I got in 2007 from worldwinner! I'm filing a complain to Worldwinner right now because:
1. what's the point of having my winning withheld when I have to deal with IRS
2. who got my withheld money if irs still thinks that i owe them money?
3. where did worldwinner get my ssn to report to the irs???? i've never submitted my ssn to them?
nardi
N  4th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am so tired of world winner. At first I thought it was a lot of fun but then I started to realize I wasn't getting all of my payouts so I started paying attention to the games I won but didn't get paid for and sent them emails about it. NO RESPONSE. Then I started only getting paid out 1 out of every 3-5 games I won. Sent another email. NO RESPONSE. I am done with WW and would advise others not to go there.
A  6th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
There has to be something fishy going on at WW if there are so many posts from people who have had questionable experiences. I agree. I have been playing for a while and admit I became addicted to the games. I would win some, lose more. Since I was allowing myself a certain amount to play, I considered it fun. But then I started to notice that there were ridiculously high scores in the free play games. There was even one Wheel of Fortune game where I figured out that even if I hit the 1000 point for every letter I chose correctly it would have been impossible for me to even come close to the top score in that game.

And then there's the bit about how they would take out the taxes so I wouldn't have to deal with the IRS and yet I too received a form telling me that I would have to bring it with me to my tax preparer??? I think we should all sign up for a class action law suit. Haven't we all had just about enough of this ? Most of us were just out to have some fun. I am so tired of the slime that oozes from everywhere these days...Wall Street, the banks, credit card companies. To paraphrase Howard Beale from the film Network, we should be mad as hell and not take it anymore!
N  23rd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
everything online is a scam so ppl stop falling for the scammers. You lose and they win. They're laughin at you right now as we speak.
A  9th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
There are so many people out there all having the same complaints about WorldWinner. Why aren't we doing anything? We all need to get together and start a class-action lawsuit.
A  31st of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Worldwinner is a scammer. I lost $70 and my account has been closed without notices?
A  7th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Lastdomain is telling the truth.

Just recently they had a promotion of $20 free game credits. It is true the games get harder and harder as your skill improves to match other players within your same skill level. But the real scam is when you try to claim money that you rightfully win, They accuse you of fraud and close your account, but this shows that they are fraudulent and not to be trusted. They take your money that you deposit to play and keep it for themselves. I feel there needs to be a legal investigation here, and all players that have been treated this way should stand up and go through anything you can to have this site investigated and if necessary shut down.

Download Ringoftrust addon for your internet browser. It is a websites rating tool that many people use to see if a site is safe or not for any reason. Worldwinner may have been a good site in the past but something fishy is going on, and people need to help others by voting the site as fraudulent.

I attach a photo to show what they send when you try to withdraw any real money winnings. Inboxdollars is a different company, which is very trustworthy so far. I have requested a check and received money from them with no hassle. Do not associate them with what world winner has done, Their logo is showing ONLY because I signed up from there.

The links mentioned in the photo are inactive and the customer service no longer exists.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree