Wipro / senior level recruitment process

Bangaluru, IN Review updated:

WIPRO HR & Senior Leaders can be very fickle-minded & capricious even uptil the penultimate stage in hiring, so please tread with extra prudence when applying there & don't forget the adage "Many a slip 'twixt the cup and lip".

Facts:

I had 20+ yrs of relevant experience in IT-ITeS org (bellwether as well as startups) at the time of this incident. My successful career has been based on a bedrock of consistent outcome-based, client-appreciated hard-work, backed by a scintillating academic past in school-college.

May'2016 = I was at a cusp, taking a much-needed sabbatical from work & actively looking for a new role with career growth
Jun'2016 = I received an initial call from Wipro for a Senior (GM level) position with a specific vertical, account, role
Jul'2016 = I was called to BLR from DEL for a day-long visit to attend a series of final interviews with Sr.Leaders & HR
Aug'2016 = Correspondence related to my hiring were proceeding smoothly, early date of joining discussed, docs submitted
Sep'2016 = My hiring process slowed down mysteriously, citing delays in "internal approvals"-still no offer letter issued
Oct'2016 = Sr. HR SPOC resigns & no intimation is shared that my hiring has been put on hold, after 4 mths of waiting
Nov'2016 = I try making a few enquiries & realized that I've been left high & dry, after nearly joining formally
Dec'2016 = I file a greivance addressed to Sr. Leadership of Wipro + Ombudsman with all details, chronology of events
Jan'2017 = Wipro Ombudsman lawyer reverts after internal investigation that business requirements are dynamic
Feb'2017 = Wipro HR (Jr) level reverted to me that the episode was regrettable & I will be contacted if any requirement

Having known from the beginning of the recruitment process that I was urgently looking out for a job with steady income, that I had pressing personal financial factors to address (home-loan EMIs, sustaining my family) on just my life's savings upto that point, WIPRO HR could have handled the matter with due sensitivity, clarity, transparency, expeditiously and with a less cavalier attitude.

The WIPRO VP to whom I was to report upon joining and who had called me daily at one point to urge me to be ready to join at a short notice in Aug'2016 should not have abandoned me suddenly (as was done), avoiding my calls & mails without a professional update. I had a couple of other offers that came during July-Oct'2016 which I rejected thinking that WIPRO team was so gung-ho about my candidacy and the chances of joining shortly were very promising. I'm still jobless & the career gap has grown - much to my disadvantage and only due to 3-4 ruthless Sr. folks with no accountability & low conscience.

I highlight my plight with a hope that the mental trauma, waiting-in-vain, frustration, disillusionment, disenchantment and disappointment that I endured all these past months should not be a recurring phenomenon for another senior professional applying to WIPRO. If business requirements are so fluid that even Sr. Level hires can be stalled / shelved overnight ad-infinitum, then why raise anyone's hopes by leading them on, inviting to BLR for final F2F talks, explaining the JD, role, responsibilities, delivery-expectations in minute detail?

Very insensitive, unprofessional, unbecoming behaviour coming from an IT major of our nation. I had expected lots more professionalism, accountability and sensitivity from an esteemed org of such repute, with such highly touted standards of business ethics and corporate governance.

Regards.

Bu
Mar 31, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      Apr 13, 2017

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

We deeply regret this incident and apologise in advance for the inconvenience caused to you as a result. Request you to please write back to us with your personal email ID details so we may contact you there and investigate the case further.

Best Regards,
    Wipro Support

• Bu
      Jun 13, 2017

@Wipro Support Hi "Wipro Support", thanks for your prompt response (in 2 weeks) & apologies for my delayed one (2 mths later). Not sure what level / category of "support" your team specializes in (HR, IT, Legal)? You should have all the details of my case by now from your Ombudsman. It should take 5 mins of trawling to find out everything, basis the details of travel & interview mentioned earlier. I can share my email-name-phone only if there's any further point to this - like a positive outcome awaiting me. Perhaps the same job / role is available now??