WIDEWORLDSOFT BAKU AZ / PURCHASE ON MY DEBIT BY FRAUD

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for a antivirus program, and later found that this company is a scam. By the time I got it off of my cumputer and request my debit and credit cards be canceled. I had this unauthorized charge to my bank account.

Comments

• Cy
      20th of Feb, 2010

CyberDefender Corporation is committed to providing first-rate Internet Security software and services, as well as quality customer satisfaction. We are interested in reconciling this matter and have initiated direct contact with Mr. Hatting . Our customers are always welcome to contact our headquarters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-793-0454 or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com. We are looking forward to providing a solution.

• Te
      20th of Feb, 2010

My computer got infected by these virus and this pop up would not get into or out of my computer unless I bought this software. It was a scam it never downloaded anything and they not only took one payment out they stole 2 payments. I have filled a faud claim and a police report to try to get my money back.

• Dm
      20th of Feb, 2010

I too have fallen victim to this internet scam. My computer locked up and popped up what looked to be a very real virus alert stating it was detecting Trojans and viruses Feb 17th. I could not leave the site without purchasing the software. I just purchased a new computer in December with Windows 7 It possibly came through my trial icon Norton Security so I believed this to be true. I recd a confirmation email from what I believed to be Norton Security after I accepted the software. Something didn't feel right because the icon was gone the next day. I checked my credit card statement online and saw the name WorldWide Soft BAKU AZ. I googled and saw two blogs of this scam going on. I immediately called my Credit Card Company and asked they refuse payment. WI Law you have 3 business days. They cancelled my card and are sending me a affidavet to fill out to file a Fraud Complaint to investigate. I called my ISP Road Runner and they are trying to track down the email that was sent to me around Feb 17th that mysteriously is gone from my inbox after the payment posted on my credit card statment.

• Xa
      21st of Feb, 2010

I just have been the victim of the same scam (see my complaint wideworldsoft - fake virus protection). Did any of you guys get his/her money back ? What did your banks say ? And please how did you manage to delete completely this program ? Because on my side, every time I try to delete, the delete got cancelled...

Thanks in advance and regards,

Xavier

• Hg
      24th of Feb, 2010

they did the same thing to me.they even took double of what they said they charged.this is a scam all the way.I'm trying to contact my bank to see if there is anything I can do.THERE'S NOT EVEN A TRACE OF IT ON MY COMPUTER .They should be brought up on charges.

• Ka
      28th of Feb, 2010

I to have been scammed by wideworldsoft. On Saturday, February 27th, 2010 our computer was infected and we could not do anything unless we purchased this software. It was supposed to be $49.00 for two years and they charged my card $99.85. I called my bank on Sunday, February 28th, and they are processing my claim. Now I will try to delete this program, wish me luck. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Kathy G.

• Al
      1st of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I was afraid to lose my files I worked so hard so when this scary notice popped up that my computer is infected with so many different viruses. I downloaded what they offered to clean it up. I wondered why I didn't get any confirmation via E-mail & the website all of a sudden disappeared. The following morning guess what, my Enternet Explorer was wiped out & my DSL machine broke. I couldn't go on line for 1 whole week because I had to wait for the computer guy to fix my computer. I ended up paying for the company great deal of money to fix my computer because AOL, DSL and HP couldn't fix it through the phone after a whole day spent with them. I just called my bank today & the bank said this scammer charged me again in NOV. 2009 Notice they created 2 names WIDEWORLDSOFT & REALGOLDSOFT.

02/19/2010 # DEBIT PURCHASE -129.85 2368.37 WIDEWORLDSOFT BAKU AZ
    004978004997 57000028 Feb 18 @ 3:44am
    11/21/2009 # DEBIT PURCHASE -129.85 3525.04 REALGOLDSOFT BAKU AZ
    932472004657 57000018 Nov 20 @ 3:05am

• Je
      1st of Mar, 2010

Can someone tell me how to delete this program?

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2010

this happen to me too, infected my computer really bad. Had me against the wall while doing homework and looking up projects for my job. What do I do about it, I have no proof except the bank statement. elaine Pottstown pa

• Gi
      7th of Mar, 2010

Same story here...they got me too, and my daughter! All I want now is my money back but tracking these theives down is easier said than done. I'll continue to investigate them and if I ever get a hit will post it for all to see. Hope others do the same. These scammers need to be caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!!