Westgate Resorts / class action lawsuit

1 Westgate Resort RdGatlinburg, TN, United States Review updated:

I would like to join a class action lawsuit against Westgate Resort Gatlinburg TN . Westgate Resort lied about the details of the timeshare that I purchased. They have also lied about an offer that they made to me to do a "Voluntary Deed Buy Back" . Now they are using a lawyer to contact me with threats of a lawsuit against me for non payment . This has been an ongoing nightmare since 2013 . Please let me know of any advice that you might have for me . Thank You, Was Dumb

Wa
Oct 11, 2015

Comments

• Ri
      20th of Mar, 2017

Paying for a burned down timeshare in Gathering so I'm paying for the air there

• Tn
      27th of Mar, 2017

@Rick72 Lisa77 We checked in on November 27, 2016. Security beat on our door at 8:10pm and told to "get out now." Westgate spokesman on Feb 1, 2017 owners meeting claims Fire Department only gave them 20 minutes to evacuate some 1400 guests...no way! I'm looking for a class action lawsuit against Westgate. Gatlinburg Fire Department is refusing to say when they told Westgate to evacuate..Just no comment!

• Wo
      28th of May, 2017

We purchased our timeshare at the Westgate Smokey Mountains Resort back in the early 2000's. I have always paid my maintenance, property taxes, and insurance fees on time. Well our first stay, we found out that we didn't get what they showed us and were pretty upset, so they told us at that time, that we could request to stay in the cabins and not the lodge. So, we waited two more years and gave our week as a wedding gift to our daughter, and they stayed in the cabins. Two years later we requested our week to stay in the cabins and they told us they were no longer doing that, we now had to stay in what we purchased, another upset week. We finally accepted what we had and went up to stay for our week and all of a sudden with our reservation they didn't have any room in the lodge and put us in the 3000 series with people above us and below us and the place was smaller. We were kept up until 3 am every night except the last two with me calling security who did nothing. Then we finally decided to upgrade to the cabins we originally thought we had bought, because we had paid off the lodge, and they burned in the fire. They have not even started rebuilding them but are still underway with building all of the ones on top of the mountain where we don't own. What is the insurance I am paying for, and how many years will we have to wait? Can this be filed in a lawsuit?

• Ha
      16th of May, 2018

We purchased into Westgate Travel Club, while vacationing in Gatlinburg. We were never told that we only had 3 days to cancel, if we changed our mind. By the time that we returned home from vacation, it had been 5 days. after doing some research into this companies reviews, I immediately e-mailed them stating my desire and intention, to cancel my contract. I was told that I couldn't cancel now. What kind of chicken mess is that. And sadly enough, we were on our honeymoon, and told them so--three times. All they see is that bottom dollar.

• Je
      26th of May, 2018

I would be interested in entering into a class action lawsuit against Westgate. I have been trying to fight them regarding their maintenance fees. They increase their maintenance fees significantly every year to the point where you could stay in a hotel for a week for the same price, without having to buy the timeshare. They also did claim things in their sales process that they never did, like adding a water park at their River Ranch location.